The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2012 (12:40 AM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Ever have that moment when you are doin some research. When you discover something and get more you are like "wow, just wow. Cant believe that happened?'

Yep that happen to me just now. Searching how to get Wide lens. Did some research found that guy in Castelia City that gives it away after 5 trades. I did 50+ and got a wide and zoom lens, Choice scarf and a Master ball. I was thinking. "How did I not figure this out sooner?" Thought this was an epic fail on my part and can laugh about it. XD

Just wondering if others had that moment and are willing to share.
Old August 23rd, 2012 (12:46 AM).
Forever
let it go

I... did in B/W when I realised I shouldn't EV train Litwick in attack because I thought special attack only applied to super effective attacks. :( /sodumb

Hmmm what else...

I hadn't explored all of Castelia until MONTHS after playing it and wondered why everyone talked about a certain location and couldn't find it - it was in that end street which doesn't look like there's buildings there! I'm sure I've done other dumb things, imma try to recall.

Also I'm just going to specify that this is for Black and White in the title because otherwise people might end up posting about other games.
Old August 23rd, 2012 (12:59 AM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
I... did in B/W when I realised I shouldn't EV train Litwick in attack because I thought special attack only applied to super effective attacks. /sodumb

Hmmm what else...

I hadn't explored all of Castelia until MONTHS after playing it and wondered why everyone talked about a certain location and couldn't find it - it was in that end street which doesn't look like there's buildings there! I'm sure I've done other dumb things, imma try to recall.

Also I'm just going to specify that this is for Black and White in the title because otherwise people might end up posting about other games.
I take it that you edited my topic, lol its cool.

and ouch
Old August 23rd, 2012 (04:47 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Can't say I've done anything like that, but I have at times thrown out a Grass Pokémon to face the Fire...and quickly had to call it back after one turn realizing I screwed up...

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old August 23rd, 2012 (06:53 PM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Uh, I guess this qualifies!

On my first playthrough, I really wanted an axew and figured I'd pass through Mistralton Cave on my Journey...nope. Didn't figure it out until Opelucid I believe (too late then in my eyes) so I went for a deino!
Old August 30th, 2012 (05:17 AM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
When I was playing through the main story in Black, I accidentally ran from a Shiny Boldore while I was in Twist Mountain.

*facepalm*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post
That happened to me too... I didn't know where to find Burgh, Iris and Bianca when I first got to Castelia City.
Old August 30th, 2012 (08:11 AM).
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer

When I tried to train my Solosis in Driftveil near the ice warehouse, I ran to find an Audino in the grass. I go in battle, but this little Solosis is slowest than a bug.

So, the audino hit me with his "clouts" attack. In one attack, they touch me 5 times and all the hits were criticals. Solosis was KO in only one attack... Nothing anormal ? Yes, the audino was level 20 and my Solosis were level 31...

Another time, I found a Vanillite Shiney. I attacked him to weaken him. But my pokémon stuck THE critical blow. (The kind which would put KO a legendary in one step). My pokemon was not a higher level than vanillite. He was just one level above. (and not an advantaged type).
Old August 30th, 2012 (08:22 AM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
When I tried to train my Solosis in Driftveil near the ice warehouse, I ran to find an Audino in the grass. I go in battle, but this little Solosis is slowest than a bug.

So, the audino hit me with his "clouts" attack. In one attack, they touch me 5 times and all the hits were criticals. Solosis was KO in only one attack... Nothing anormal ? Yes, the audino was level 20 and my Solosis were level 31...

Another time, I found a Vanillite Shiney. I attacked him to weaken him. But my pokémon stuck THE critical blow. (The kind which would put KO a legendary in one step). My pokemon was not a higher level than vanillite. He was just one level above. (and not an advantaged type).
OMG that was so unfortunate. I feel sorry for you.
Old August 30th, 2012 (08:49 AM).
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer

It's a pity, but I trust in... (not in me ) the game and I hope to meet again a Shiney.

It's also a pity for your boldore. Even if I admit that I prefer vanillite.

This is not my only fail . On my black party I tried first to find an axew in the chargestone cave during about 2h30. After this, I go on a pokepedia to find the localisation in the cave with the highest rate... and I see I was wrong. Axew is in Mistralton Cave.
Old September 1st, 2012 (10:25 AM).
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I know it's about a Pokemon from a different gen, but this happened to me today in White.

I wanted to evolve Shuppet, so I thought I'd take the occasion to try some moves I never used before. So I taught Rest to my Shuppet. I try to use it in battle, BAM Shuppet's Insomnia. I started laughing, because it was a double fail, 1. for obvious reasons Rest+Insomnia = not a match and 2. I actually wanted to evolve the other Shuppet I had, with the ability Frisk.
Old September 1st, 2012 (12:43 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

That is definitely unfortunate in the shiny KO. I know when I realized I had a Shiny Nincada in front of me in Emerald I was praying not to get a crit. That would have been horrible.

Cyclone

Cyclone. FC: 5327-1949-9511. Safari: Lampent, Pumpkaboo, and Golurk (Ghost). Champion of the GC11 Pokémon Challenge!
Breeder extraordinaire. Horrible battler. I take requests! Looking ahead to SSB3D for even more fun!

Pokémon Black National Pokédex completed on December 13, 2012. My Lv.7 UT Shiny Nincada (Hoenn) is now in Kalos for trade offers.

Old September 2nd, 2012 (02:30 PM).
kenshin-
Beginning Trainer

Before I caught a Frillish,

I had a Seismitoad (Water/Ground) level 38. He was put KO in One Shot by the fire attack of one Darmanitan level 39. I don't remember the attack but I perfectly remember the sentence : "It is not very effective".
Old September 2nd, 2012 (02:38 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin- View Post
Before I caught a Frillish,

I had a Seismitoad (Water/Ground) level 38. He was put KO in One Shot by the fire attack of one Darmanitan level 39. I don't remember the attack but I perfectly remember the sentence : "It is not very effective".
By any chance, did "Critical hit!" follow "It's not very effective..."?

Cyclone

Old September 13th, 2012 (05:25 PM).
GardevoirxGalladeForever
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
In my original Black game, I got the Victini event. I erased my save file on my white, which had THREE Victinis, one from that game, two from my Black. I should've kept 'em safe somewhere...
And then, I had forgotten that it was an event for the Liberty Ticket, and I was looking every where. EVERYWHERE.
I also failed so hard when a newbie on GTS Negotions was showing me his/her/its starter. I said, "Awwww! A newbie! I'd better give them a headstart." I traded them one of my Excadrills for a lillipup. Then I realized this; BADGES.
Badbadbadbadbadbad! Plasbad!
Old September 13th, 2012 (06:36 PM).
ytfeL
Glorious Strategist

^ I have done the same thing. I feel all noble for helping out someone and making their day by trading them stuff that I dont need/use anyways for pidoves and such. I leave smiling and then....oops. I'm not sure if they realize I actually wanted to help or if they think I was just being a jerk xP

Currently RP'ing:
Time & Space as Salias Grey
Pokemon Fallout as Alex Rouse (Crobat)
Hoenn ReBURST as Isla V.T.

Current Challenges:
Nuzlocke - Black
Old September 14th, 2012 (01:25 AM).
Drgons90
Togepi

Nature: Modest
I spent almost 3 hours figuring a way to get further in Skyla's gym, where there are 2 cannons facing each other until I figured out that one cannon can shoot you south. Felt like an idiot after I got through.

I have my own world XD.
Old September 15th, 2012 (02:02 AM).
Hikamaru
there is a truth
Community Supporter

Catching Reshiram with my Master Ball. *facepalm*

I never knew there were Pokemon that it should have been saved for, like Kyurem.
Old September 15th, 2012 (08:58 AM).
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
During my first Black playthrough, I had no clue how to navigate Twist Mountain; the maze in there was very intricate.

Old September 15th, 2012 (09:09 AM).
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drgons90 View Post
I spent almost 3 hours figuring a way to get further in Skyla's gym, where there are 2 cannons facing each other until I figured out that one cannon can shoot you south. Felt like an idiot after I got through.

Ive done that before. Annoying
Old September 15th, 2012 (09:25 AM).
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
In B/W in the Pokemon League where I accidently used my last Full Restore on my Feraligatr when I intended to select my Milotic and to make things worse, I was in the first Elite Four battle.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old September 15th, 2012 (12:10 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokeRaidenFighter350Z View Post
In B/W in the Pokemon League where I accidently used my last Full Restore on my Feraligatr when I intended to select my Milotic and to make things worse, I was in the first Elite Four battle.
Even worse would be forgetting to stock up on items before venturing in. I have to admit I've done that; I went to the PC, saved, walked in, then looked at my items and did a facepalm.

Cyclone

Old September 15th, 2012 (12:41 PM).
o Pikachu o
Pikachu

Nature: Relaxed
I spent an hour searching for a Cottonee in white and then I read on serebii u can only get it by in game trade...
Old September 15th, 2012 (03:11 PM).
Medlis
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Medlis Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Medlis Send a message via Skype™ to Medlis
When I healed right before the Final Battle against N using the last of my restoration items, and saved.

I didn't know he heals your Pokemon. -facepalm-
Old September 15th, 2012 (03:39 PM).
Cyclone
Eye of the Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlis View Post
When I healed right before the Final Battle against N using the last of my restoration items, and saved.

I didn't know he heals your Pokemon. -facepalm-
Compound this Fail with not using the PC found in N's Castle to swap your Pokémon around; as soon as they pop into the PC, they are fully healed and have their PP back. You can even leave the Castle through a Plasma Grunt on the fourth floor or somesuch and heal at the Pokémon Center at the PL, or even leave and wander around Unova for a while. Stock up your items thus.

Cyclone

Old September 15th, 2012 (04:29 PM).
Medlis
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Timid
Send a message via AIM to Medlis Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Medlis Send a message via Skype™ to Medlis
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneGU View Post
Compound this Fail with not using the PC found in N's Castle to swap your Pokémon around; as soon as they pop into the PC, they are fully healed and have their PP back. You can even leave the Castle through a Plasma Grunt on the fourth floor or somesuch and heal at the Pokémon Center at the PL, or even leave and wander around Unova for a while. Stock up your items thus.

Cyclone
There was a PC in the castle? I didn't really look around, since I was dead tired and just wanted to finish the game.

Same with the elite four both times, forgot to bring healing items. Still managed to win, but it made things ALOT harder.

Sponsored Links