The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support

Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:33 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious

Advertise here
I fear that there is something wrong with my messaging. Ive messaged a few people and they reply with it saying it came in blank. Wondering who I need to talk to about this?
Old August 23rd, 2012, 06:52 PM
Dakota
ignore the whisper

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Skype™ to Dakota
Check your sent box. In the messages you sent, is there anything written, or is it also blank?
Old August 23rd, 2012, 09:37 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloodex View Post
Check your sent box. In the messages you sent, is there anything written, or is it also blank?
I dont have any sent messages
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:38 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

I am still having issues with messages receiving and going out blank. Is there something that can be done about this?
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:42 PM
Zeruel X
Unhatched Egg

How can i post my own topic or section on the forums?
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:45 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeruel X View Post
How can i post my own topic or section on the forums?

One thing way to ride my thread. gj. 2. Make sure you know which topic you think it belongs in then find the box in the upper left of all the threads that says 'New Thread'
Old September 14th, 2012, 08:47 PM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hello Zereul, first off, there's a button for you to click in any forums you want to. This is it -->

Click it & you can create a new thread. Hope this helped.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old September 14th, 2012, 09:31 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Please don't double post or go off-topic, guys.

Anyways, mind detailing what sort of messages you are trying to send to people? (PM or VM for instance)? Would probably be of more use to any staff that can check out that issue. More details the better on what you are trying/how.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
The BBS Forums!
Gain achievements for activity on forums & the games!
Home of Wynaut? Webzine; looking for contributors!
Old September 14th, 2012, 09:53 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

I think the issue is that they're not seeing any messages in their Sent box for their PMs, and they think that means they're messages aren't going out. The reason for this is a User CP setting that's turned off by default when you join, and this setting saves messages you send to others in your Sent mailbox, but I don't remember where in the User CP you go to turn it on. Oh, wait, never mind. I found it.

OKAY, AdrianD, open the main page of the forum in a new tab, then click on User CP in the upper left-hand corner, and in the drop-down menu that appears, click on "Edit Options". On the page that this opens, scroll down to the middle of the "Messaging & Notification" box on the right-hand side of the page. In view should be a smaller box inside that one titled "Private Messaging". In order to have messages you send save to your Sent box, the last checkbox in this box needs to be checked. It should say something like "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default". If it is not checked, click the checkbox to check it. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes" to make this change apply to your settings. Then, send me a private message, and then check your "Sent Items" box. I will let you know if I actually received it by replying to your message. Though how long you'll have to wait for a reply will depend on how soon from now you send it.

If this doesn't fix the issues you're having, then we'll need to know more details about your problem.
Old September 14th, 2012, 10:23 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobandbill View Post
Please don't double post or go off-topic, guys.

Anyways, mind detailing what sort of messages you are trying to send to people? (PM or VM for instance)? Would probably be of more use to any staff that can check out that issue. More details the better on what you are trying/how.
PMs When I send them they wind up being blank sometimes. Other times I put it in the middle of a quote *facepalm* But more often its blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by donavannj View Post
I think the issue is that they're not seeing any messages in their Sent box for their PMs, and they think that means they're messages aren't going out. The reason for this is a User CP setting that's turned off by default when you join, and this setting saves messages you send to others in your Sent mailbox, but I don't remember where in the User CP you go to turn it on. Oh, wait, never mind. I found it.

OKAY, AdrianD, open the main page of the forum in a new tab, then click on User CP in the upper left-hand corner, and in the drop-down menu that appears, click on "Edit Options". On the page that this opens, scroll down to the middle of the "Messaging & Notification" box on the right-hand side of the page. In view should be a smaller box inside that one titled "Private Messaging". In order to have messages you send save to your Sent box, the last checkbox in this box needs to be checked. It should say something like "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default". If it is not checked, click the checkbox to check it. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click "Save Changes" to make this change apply to your settings. Then, send me a private message, and then check your "Sent Items" box. I will let you know if I actually received it by replying to your message. Though how long you'll have to wait for a reply will depend on how soon from now you send it.

If this doesn't fix the issues you're having, then we'll need to know more details about your problem.

Ok i'll try that. Thanks.

Last edited by AdrianD; September 14th, 2012 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here