< >
Hello, guest! Please log in or register.

The PokéCommunity

Go Back     The PokéCommunity Forums > The Wide World of Pokémon > Pokémon Anime What's Your Favourite Anime Battle?

Notices

Pokémon Anime Are you a regular watcher of the Pokémon Anime and its Movies or just an old fan? Come here, and take part in all the various ongoing discussions about the Pokémon Anime.

View Poll Results: What's Your Favourite Pokemon Battle İn Anime?
Ash Vs Paul Sinnoh League Battle 13 59.09%
Ash Vs Gary Johto League Battle 4 18.18%
Ash Vs Harrison Johto League Battle 0 0%
Ash Vs Cameron Unova League Battle 1 4.55%
Ash Vs Elesa Gym Battle 0 0%
Ash Vs Drake Orange League Battle 1 4.55%
Ash VS Brandon Battle Frontier 0 0%
Ash Vs Morrison Hoenn League Battle 0 0%
Ash Vs Katie Hoenn League Battle 0 0%
Ash Vs Tyson Hoenn League Final Battle 1 4.55%
Ash Vs Paul Lake Acuity Battle 1 4.55%
Mewtwo Vs Giovanni Full Battle 1 4.55%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Post Reply

Old September 16th, 2015 (8:44 AM). Edited September 16th, 2015 by Yeshiro.

Hello guys I'm new join Pokecommunity actually I'm join approximate one year ago but I guess this is my first post. My favourite best battle Ash Vs Paul in Sinnoh League. What's your favourite battles? I find a helper youtube channel about this post here is:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAd...OfcnslT1emwctg

mod edit: url removed due to linking to long clips

Relevant Advertising!

Old September 16th, 2015 (8:54 AM).
='^^'=

I have to agree about Ash vs Paul. You could see a lot of effort was put into making that battle as entertaining as possible.
Old September 16th, 2015 (11:25 AM). Edited September 26th, 2015 by Lizardo.
Public Enemy

Satoshi vs. Shinji, DP186-188 - Easily the anime’s best battle. Three episodes, back-and-forth, full six-on-six, and a variety of different strategies and abilities showcased; the culmination of a rivalry built up for four years and the result of what both characters had learned about each other in that time. I love contrasting the Goukazaru-Elekible sequence (complete with Takeshi’s narration) in DP188 with the first meeting between Satoshi and Shinji in DP003, and seeing how far the two of them had come since then in regards to how they now respect each other. And five years later, there still hasn’t been a moment in the anime anywhere near as badass as Goukazaru activating Blaze and defeating Elekible, Shinji’s signature Pokémon, in the climax with Type: Wild playing in the background. Not to mention other things like: Shinji’s Dorapion being a total monster and wiping out Satoshi’s Bouysel, Mukuhawk, and Dodaitose in a single sweep; Goukazaru setting an entire field on fire to destroy Toxic Spikes; Pikachu and Yukimenoko battling it out in the fog; Glion finally taking down Dorapion with the techniques the Air Battle Master taught it; the DP003 callback in the Pikachu-Elekible battle, where Shinji turns one of Satoshi’s strategies against him. Just great scene after great scene, with excellent character moments for Satoshi and Shinji both, and a spectacular climax.
Old September 16th, 2015 (12:29 PM).

I'm a little confused why Ash vs. Elesa is a poll option lmao... was that a sick joke?
This signature has been disabled.
inappropriate and exceeds height limit
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 16th, 2015 (1:33 PM).
Serena>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else

Nature: Quiet
Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League was the best battle of the entire anime imo. It was well written and it is the only full battle that lasted 3 episodes iirc.
Old September 16th, 2015 (11:05 PM).

I'm added elesa battle option because I'm love elesa this isn't kidding this is personal.
Old September 17th, 2015 (12:57 AM).

The final battle between Ash vs Paul. That one was probably the best. Granted the other battles weren't that bad either but the Ash vs Paul just seemed more epic and more hyped compared to the others.
Old September 17th, 2015 (8:49 AM).

yes exactly ash vs paul sinnoh league best battle ever for me !! but maybe we can see more good battle than ash vs paul sinnoh league battle in Kalos League!!
Old September 17th, 2015 (10:20 AM).
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nature: Quiet
As you can guess by looking at my signature, I vote for Ash vs Gary Johto League Battle.
Old September 17th, 2015 (11:02 AM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
The Ash vs. Paul three-parter in the Sinnoh League quarter-finals. It literally went down to the wire, until Infernape's Blaze triggered and managed to land Ash an epic win. You have to admit Paul's Electivire proved itself why it was the biggest menace of his team and I was really on the edge watching those episodes.
Old September 18th, 2015 (9:51 PM).

actually Ash Vs Gary Johto League battle too not bad maybe i can change my idea because i very love Charizard I want to see again Charizard in Ash's side.
Old September 25th, 2015 (4:50 AM).

so we choose in anime best battle ash vs paul sinnoh league?
Old October 8th, 2015 (3:07 PM).
Jack of All Trades

Nature: Careful
Send a message via ICQ to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via AIM to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Yahoo to InMooseWeTrust Send a message via Skype™ to InMooseWeTrust
Here are some of the best I remember from watching more than 90% of all the anime episodes.

Indigo League
Metapod vs. Metapod (for the comedic aspect)
Ash vs. Jeanette (Muk being the ultmate troll)

Orange Islands
Ash vs. Cissy
Ash vs. Drake

Johto League
Ash vs. Falkner
Ash vs. Gary
Ash vs. Harrison
But overall, Johto sucked. Even through my nostalgia glasses I still lose interest. It's the only series where I can't remember what happened in the majority of episodes.

Hoenn League
Ash vs. Tate and Liza
Ash vs. Juan
Ash vs. Tyson

Battle Frontier
Charizard vs. Articuno
Sceptile vs. Blaziken

Sinnoh League
A lot of contest battles because of the CGI graphics, especially Wallace Cup and the Grand Festival
Ash vs. Paul, Lake Acuity
Ash vs. Nando
Ash vs. Conway
Ash vs. Paul
Ash vs. Tobias
This was the best anime series. Ash being competent, contests done right, lots of characters, interesting landscape, etc.

Unova League
A few club battles but even that's a stretch.

Decolore Islands
Why does this even exist?

Kalos League
You watch it for the beauty that is the Kalos region, not because Ash is any good.
Pokémon: Battles of the Past
Site Thread
Black2 FC: 5072 6059 9635
Old October 10th, 2015 (2:37 AM).

Paul is the best rival
His team looks cool and really strong
Old October 12th, 2015 (5:55 PM). Edited October 12th, 2015 by Piks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InMooseWeTrust View Post
Here are some of the best I remember from watching more than 90% of all the anime episodes.

Indigo League
Metapod vs. Metapod (for the comedic aspect)
Ash vs. Jeanette (Muk being the ultmate troll)

Orange Islands
Ash vs. Cissy
Ash vs. Drake

Johto League
Ash vs. Falkner
Ash vs. Gary
Ash vs. Harrison
But overall, Johto sucked. Even through my nostalgia glasses I still lose interest. It's the only series where I can't remember what happened in the majority of episodes.

Hoenn League
Ash vs. Tate and Liza
Ash vs. Juan
Ash vs. Tyson

Battle Frontier
Charizard vs. Articuno
Sceptile vs. Blaziken

Sinnoh League
A lot of contest battles because of the CGI graphics, especially Wallace Cup and the Grand Festival
Ash vs. Paul, Lake Acuity
Ash vs. Nando
Ash vs. Conway
Ash vs. Paul
Ash vs. Tobias
This was the best anime series. Ash being competent, contests done right, lots of characters, interesting landscape, etc.

Unova League
A few club battles but even that's a stretch.

Decolore Islands
Why does this even exist?

Kalos League
You watch it for the beauty that is the Kalos region, not because Ash is any good.
Ash vs Paul in the Sinnoh League was kinda good but it wasn't greatest battle of the anime, if i remember correctly the greatest battle of the anime is Ash vs Gary and while the Johto anime wasn't perfect it was still a whole lot more better then what came after it. The Sinnoh anime was never consider to be the best anime of the entire series. But overall, Sinnoh did sucked.

Paul was nothng more but a one note rival and that was about it, but his Pokemon were really good. Gary was the best rival this anime ever did have.
Old October 17th, 2015 (7:42 PM).
Show me that Fighting Spirit

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to FireSnow
i have to go with Ash vs Gary simply because of the Charizard vs. Blastoise portion, it was the moment we had all been waiting for when Ash had finally beaten his longtime rival. It was also the classic fire type overcome its disadvantage due to hard work and determination which was so admirable.
His battle with Paul was also pretty cool especially since Ash stuck with the team that got him to the league in the first place and had previously gotten torched by Paul last time they battled, that was extremely admirable and made the viewing and end result that much more satisfying.

But dang, that Charizard vs Blastoise battle
Signature Credit:Pebbles
Old October 18th, 2015 (6:20 AM).
Public Enemy

Satoshi vs. Shigeru was a good battle, but I feel like so much of it flew by just for the purpose of getting to the Lizardon-Kamex climax, with most of the other Pokémon not getting more than one or two hits in before being knocked out. With Satoshi and Shinji, the action was more spread out. Even taking out the Goukazaru-Elekible climax, you have things like Dorapion destroying three of Satoshi's Pokémon in a row, Goukazaru blowing up the field to destroy Toxic Spikes, Pikachu vs. Yukimenoko, and Glion finally taking Dorapion out. That said, I loved how Satoshi defeated his longtime rival with the same Pokémon that cost him his first Pokémon League. I don’t know if it was intentional or not, but it was a really nice way of connecting the Kanto and Jouto Leagues.
Old October 18th, 2015 (8:01 AM).
#TeamRowlet
ModeratorCS

Nature: Bold
Any of the battles where he used Gliscor or Gible were my favourites. I really enjoyed seeing them used. 8)
Reply Post Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links