Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > Competitive Team Help
Reload this Page Competitive Team Questions (and Incomplete Team Help)

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Competitive Team Help Having trouble with your competitive Pokémon team? Be sure to check here if you need any help on it. Any teams intended for in-game and casual play should be posted in the In-Game Team Help sub-forum.

Old October 28th, 2012 (06:38 PM).

For pokemon obtainable through Pokemon White 2 and dream radar- My current team is Swablu, Ralts, Spiritomb, Oshawott, Shuckle and Riolu. I want to add in a Zoroark since I just found out how cool they are, should I not? If so, which pokemon do I replace? Well, here was my master plan, can you help me develop it?
Gardevoir
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Signal Beam
-Focus Blast
Lucario
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-Extremespeed
-Icepunch
Samurott
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Megahorn
Shuckle
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Toxic
-Rest
Spiritomb
-Shadow Sneak
-Sucker Punch
-Pursuit
-Will-o-wisp
Altaria
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Roost
-Fly
Old October 28th, 2012 (11:18 PM).
Memento Mori
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Shuckle with EQ isn't really a good idea since it doesn't have Power Trick.
You should go for Bind/Constrict/Gyro Ball
Also 2 STAB moves on Samurott are useless, I know you want Aqua Jet for priority but it's a waste of move space.
The others are good, but do you want to use them for competitive battling? If so, you should also provide natures.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 29th, 2012 (04:35 AM).
Pirate

Nature: Quirky
is the move sky drop frowned upon in competive play?i just want to play fair lol
Old October 29th, 2012 (09:05 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by kingofbluesteel:
is the move sky drop frowned upon in competive play?i just want to play fair lol
It's not frowned upon competitively, but it's banned because it caused a glitch when it was used in Double/Triple Battles when Gravity is in play.

Old October 29th, 2012 (11:21 AM). Edited October 29th, 2012 by Mudinjakarp.

Quote:
Shuckle with EQ isn't really a good idea since it doesn't have Power Trick.
You should go for Bind/Constrict/Gyro Ball

How about Iron tail or Dig for Samurott? I don't have any steel moves in my whole party plan. As for the shucke, I think I will replace the Earthquake with Gyro Ball- I hadn't thought of that, Shuckle's low Speed is now a great attribute! ...but then I won't be able to hit the overpowered electric group for supereffective... Is that incredibly crippling, or might it work out? If it is very dangerous to my team, I think I'll have Samurott learn dig after all. As for the others, I don't like to micromanage natures, I just use my pokemon as they are

Also, I forgot to list abilities!
Shuckle:Contrary (Makes stat changes have the opposite effect, once used him as a wall while launching 50 X-attacks at him, then looked a little closer )
Riolu(Lucario eventually): Prankster(Gives priority to a status move)
Ralts (eventually Gardevoir): Telepathy(Anticipates an ally's attack and dodges it)
Oshawott(eventually Samurott): Torrent(Powers up water-type moves in a pinch)
Swablu(soon Altaria):Cloud Nine (Eliminate the effects of the weather, take THAT castform!)
Spiritomb:Infiltrator(Passes through the foe's barrier ans strikes, Infiltrator>Wall of China)
Old October 29th, 2012 (11:28 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote originally posted by Mudinjakarp:

How about Iron tail or Dig for Samurott? I don't have any steel moves in my whole party plan. As for the shucke, I think I will replace the Earthquake with Gyro Ball- I hadn't thought of that, Shuckle's low Speed is now a great attribute! ...but then I won't be able to hit the overpowered electric group for supereffective... Is that incredibly crippling, or might it work out? If it is very dangerous to my team, I think I'll have Samurott learn dig after all. As for the others, I don't like to micromanage natures, I just use my pokemon as they are
Steel moves aren't useful in general because of their rather poor coverage, unless they're STABed, like Metagross' Meteor Mash and Scizor's Bullet Punch.

Samurott is better off utilizing:
-Swords Dance
-Waterfall
-Aqua Jet
-Megahorn
Nature: Adamant/Jolly
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Mystic Water

or
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Grass)
-Megahorn/Superpower
Nature: Naive
EVs: 4 Atk/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Shuckle is terrible because of its lack of HP, useful resists and offensive presence. Ferrothorn is better as a wall than Shuckle is and ever will be:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Old October 29th, 2012 (11:42 AM).
Veteran Trainer

Nature: Jolly
'Ello 'Ello,

So I'm in a challenge with my friends, a Mono-Type Tournament. We each choose one type of Pokemon, train up 6 of them, and compete in a tournament. Now I chose The Ghost-Type obviously, and after a heavy consideration I'm wondering if anyone else has a second opinion on movesets if you've used these spectres before.

Number one? Golurk.

This guy is cool. Seriously, giant possessed suit of armor/robot thing? However his stats are a bit lacking. Where he looks intimidating his Base Atk is 124. Still, not bad, he could wrestle with a Gyarados and be just as strong (you know, without that whole Water/Flying thing.) However Most people I've talked to, and Smogon of course say that Subpunch is the way to go. He DOES have decent Bulk at 80 Base Defenses. It's speed really is crippling, but I'm still determined to use him.

Ability:Iron Fist
Nature:Adamant
Held Item:Leftovers

-Substitute
-Shadow Punch
-Earthquake
-Focus Punch

Basically the only set people say he CAN use. So far out of a few test battles, Substitute usually breaks in one hit and I can rarely make use of much Focus Punch, of course when I do nothing has ever survived it. Iron Fist definitely helps with Shadow Punch's weak damage, and Earthquake is an obvious choice.

However my main questions are, does anyone know of another move that might work better on him? Also I want to use my allotted 1 Leftovers on something a little more significant. Does anyone else know of a Held Item that would benefit this moveset?

Next on the list is, Chandelure.

Now, most people say there is only 1 real moveset that you SHOULD run on Chandelure that abuses it's 145 Sp. Atk, (Fire Blast, Shadow Ball, ect.) And I don't particularly disagree with that. Chandelure has decent Speed, and can usually get a hit in before it's frailty finally takes it out.

Ability:Flash Fire
Nature:Modest
Held Item:Leftovers/Life Orb

-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Energy Ball
-Substitute

Once again, pretty much right out of the Smogon page. However I've really tried to add something or change up the moveset, but nothing is as effective as this. The substitute usually doesn't hold (as I would expect on a fairly frail Pokemon) but as with Golurk, when it does hold it just makes it that much easier to deal some heavy damage.

But not too much I want to change, unless someone knows a movset that's be more fun? (Or don't fix it if it isn't broken right?) But I, once again, don't want to use my 1 Leftovers on Chandelure, but then again I really don't like the health drop from Life Orb when paired with Substitute. Any ideas?

And lastly, Jellicent.

I love this pokemon. He's nice and bulky and makes for great late game turn arounds. I've pretty much got him figured out, but I have one last nagging thing,

Ability:Cursed Body
Nature:Bold
Held Item:Leftovers

-Scald
-Will-O-Wisp
-Recover
-Hex

Now, most people say that Taunt is too good to not have but I honestly don't find much use in it. I know it's supposed to stop defensive stallers from setting up but I just find better plays with Will-O-Wisp, and Scald.

The nagging thing is about the status ailment move. Will-O-Wisp, or Toxic? Hex will benefit from both (and I love hex because it's like a Ghost-Type Earthquake with STAB) but they both have ups and downs. Will-O-Wisp (Along with fitting the Ghost theme) will Burn, which helps out massively with it's lower defense stat, and I believe that overall Burn is a more pressuring Status Ailment then being Poisoned. However it does have a 50% accuracy, which could spell trouble if I can't set up right. Also it might be a bit redundant of a move when paired with Scald. Toxic on the other hand is 100% accuracy, and it can help dent Pokemon that already wall it, like other water types. But then again trying to use two different Status Ailments on 1 Pokemon's moveset (Toxic and Scald) just seems silly. I'd be glad to use my Leftovers on Jellicent but is there a better Held Item for what it's trying to do?

I know I have a lot of repeat questions, but thanks for considering them and hopefully giving me your thoughts.
Old October 29th, 2012 (11:48 AM).

Eh, Ferrothorn is so cliched that people will be ready for it, and it has a glaringly prominant fire weakness, so no problems there, 1 hit KO. Rock and Steel moves aren't so common, and although water is quite common, its only a 200% hit, so Shuckle might live. Plus, I like its ability Contrary since it gets a stat boost every time someone uses a move meant to lower its defenses, or something, since it is a defense based wall. Although Ferrothorn does fit into my team quite nicely, I like to avoid cliches whenever possible, therefore turning my opponent into a mumbling pinnacle of "but I thought he would" and "but why didn't it work"s. My Oshawott is relaxed, so.... I guess I'll go for the second moveset you listed- I don't have any grass moves, and most people think by pulling me into a water vs. water battle they're basically starting a "metapod-off" (speaking about that my friend does shuckle vs. shuckle battles with me all the time so annoying when I finally use rollout and he switches to his Dewott) Also, it just occured to me I could replace Samurott with Starmie, since Starmie has such an incredible moveset and I have a Staryu and water stone... probably a bad idea though, right?
Old October 29th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Mudinjakarp:
Eh, Ferrothorn is so cliched that people will be ready for it, and it has a glaringly prominant fire weakness, so no problems there, 1 hit KO. Rock and Steel moves aren't so common, and although water is quite common, its only a 200% hit, so Shuckle might live. Plus, I like its ability Contrary since it gets a stat boost every time someone uses a move meant to lower its defenses, or something, since it is a defense based wall. Although Ferrothorn does fit into my team quite nicely, I like to avoid cliches whenever possible, therefore turning my opponent into a mumbling pinnacle of "but I thought he would" and "but why didn't it work"s. My Oshawott is relaxed, so.... I guess I'll go for the second moveset you listed- I don't have any grass moves, and most people think by pulling me into a water vs. water battle they're basically starting a "metapod-off" (speaking about that my friend does shuckle vs. shuckle battles with me all the time so annoying when I finally use rollout and he switches to his Dewott) Also, it just occured to me I could replace Samurott with Starmie, since Starmie has such an incredible moveset and I have a Staryu and water stone... probably a bad idea though, right?
While it's true that Shuckle's defenses are huge, its low HP and bad typing hold it back from being a defensive behemoth. Ferrothorn, on the other hand, is much better. Its Fire and Fighting weaknesses can be easily covered by Jellicent, Starmie, Tentacruel, Salamence, Dragonite, Lati@s or Gyarados.

Contrary Shuckle isn't worth using either. Other than Shell Smash for trolling purposes, it lacks other moves to take advantage of Contrary.

Old October 29th, 2012 (12:20 PM). Edited October 29th, 2012 by Mudinjakarp.

Meh, you're probably right- I know nothing about the new generation. A FEAR rattata would literally be better than a lvl. 100 Shuckle Bye-bye, Shuckle! (I'll still use 3 Shuckles on a 3 vs. 3 battle to troll my friend on occasion, he hates shuckle ) I, Mudinjakarp, hereby surrender to the cliches!

...Also, based on your not addressing my electric question, I'm just going to assume that I don't need a ground type move
Old October 29th, 2012 (02:13 PM).

Nature: Quiet
I just started looking into IV breeding and EV training, so I'm still new to any competitive team building in Pokémon games. I've been thinking about this for a while and I planned the perfect Blissey for me, as far as I'm concerned, and I'd love some opinions while I'm still catching the Ditto I'll need to get her IVs. This'll be my first "EV-trained" Pokémon and I wanna make sure she sounds good before I put in all the training.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Modest [+ Special Attack / - Attack]
31/-/-/-/31/31
252 HP / 172 Sp. Defense / 84 Speed
Serene Grace
~ Psychic
~ Toxic
~ Attract
~ Softboiled

I plan for this Blissey to become a Special Tank with some annoyance aspects, maybe using Softboiled to heal and stall time as Toxic withers at an opponent's health. Attract is there for the annoyance factor, hoping they occasionally become immobilized by love when fighting male Pokémon. I'm EV training her for HP and Special Defense mostly, and decided to give her a bit of Speed so I might be able to get an Attract or Toxic out right away.

I could do without Psychic, but I don't know what else I should teach her. Let me know what you think of this setup!
Old October 29th, 2012 (02:17 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by MrTripStack:
I just started looking into IV breeding and EV training, so I'm still new to any competitive team building in Pokémon games. I've been thinking about this for a while and I planned the perfect Blissey for me, as far as I'm concerned, and I'd love some opinions while I'm still catching the Ditto I'll need to get her IVs. This'll be my first "EV-trained" Pokémon and I wanna make sure she sounds good before I put in all the training.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Modest [+ Special Attack / - Attack]
31/-/-/-/31/31
252 HP / 172 Sp. Defense / 84 Speed
Serene Grace
~ Psychic
~ Toxic
~ Attract
~ Softboiled

I plan for this Blissey to become a Special Tank with some annoyance aspects, maybe using Softboiled to heal and stall time as Toxic withers at an opponent's health. Attract is there for the annoyance factor, hoping they occasionally become immobilized by love when fighting male Pokémon. I'm EV training her for HP and Special Defense mostly, and decided to give her a bit of Speed so I might be able to get an Attract or Toxic out right away.

I could do without Psychic, but I don't know what else I should teach her. Let me know what you think of this setup!
Flamethrower or Seismic Toss > Psychic. Flamethrower is more important because it lets Blissey hit Steel Pokemon not named Heatran hard. Seismic Toss inflicts consistent damage on non-Ghost Pokemon.

Infatuation isn't seen often because:
1. It can easily be cured by switching out
2. It only affects the opposite gender, and given the fact that people use random genders when they play over on Wi-Fi or the Battle Frontier, it's not reliable.

You're better off using Thunder Wave (to slow down faster opponents who aren't Ground Pokemon or have Volt Absorb as their ability) or Toxic (to cripple non-Steel/Poison walls) as Blissey's status move rather than Attract.

Also, Bold > Modest. Blissey isn't likely to attack back, so it really needs the defensive EVs it can get (252 HP/252 Def/4 Spe).

Old October 29th, 2012 (03:21 PM).

Nature: Quiet
So you think it'd be better to EV train her for Defense, rather than Special Defense? I guess that does make sense, because her Sp. Defense is already pretty high while her Defense is fairly low. I was thinking about getting Special Defense really high and trying to avoid physical conflicts with her, but it does make sense to make her more well-rounded.

I was trying to think of something instead of Psychic and Flamethrower seems like the best bet! Also, I'll definitely teach her Thunder Wave instead; my mind just automatically thought of Attract when I found out that Chansey is always female. I also completely forgot that being Paralyzed can cripple a Pokémon's speed.

Thanks for the advice!
Old October 30th, 2012 (09:53 AM). Edited October 30th, 2012 by dragonnathan025.
Pokemon Breeder

Send a message via Skype™ to dragonnathan025
For the Golurk, you may want to try the Life Orb on it. I know that he loses a lot of life from Substitute already, but as you said yourself, his defenses are laughable. He looks intimidating, but he can die to a Surf, easily. So, try to hit as hard as you can, while you can, he will never last very long unless you set him up with Baton Pass, but since you're using mono-Ghosts, I don't think you are.

Chandelure, I had an incredibly successful Choice Scarf abuser, with a Modest nature to make up for the lack of Specs. Only downside to this guy is, when he's locked in, he usually has to switch, meaning entry hazards murder him before anything else can. But, still is fun to work with. And a tip? Flamethrower, while weaker, is a lot more accurate, and Heat Wave forces a switchout, which it would have to get anyway, each of those moves are a lot more accurate than Fire Blast.

Jellicent, he's your Leftovers holder. He can use Recover, and Scald is a powerful, mostly-neutral STAB move, especially the possible burn. Mine was Calm, focusing on HP and Sp. Def, with the rest going to Sp. Atk. I was lucky to get a Hidden Power Fire one on my first go, but that allows you to hit the annoying Grass and Steel types that would laugh at Jellicent otherwise. I made his last move Shadow Ball, purely for another STAB move with neutral coverage, but I understand if you take that off.

Those are my suggestions for your teams, based off of my experiences and what has worked with me. Good luck in your tournament!

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier
Old October 30th, 2012 (11:27 AM).
Veteran Trainer

Thanks alot for your suggestions, and I have already changed that Flamethrower in. Do you really think that Golurk is fast enough to make use of the Life Orb? And for Jellicent I threw on Hex for Ghost STAB, since he has Scald and Toxic on him as well.
Old October 30th, 2012 (11:59 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Vecransyh:
Thanks alot for your suggestions, and I have already changed that Flamethrower in. Do you really think that Golurk is fast enough to make use of the Life Orb? And for Jellicent I threw on Hex for Ghost STAB, since he has Scald and Toxic on him as well.
Fire Blast is still preferred on Chandelure as its Fire STAB because Flamethrower misses out on some OHKOs. However, Substitute is still viable if you want to have an easier time predicting your opponent's moves.

Golurk is a bit slow to use Life Orb effectively (unless it's using Rock Polish); it's better off with Lefties or a Choice Band:
-Substitute
-Focus Punch
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch/Ice Punch
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Iron Fist

or
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Stone Edge/Ice Punch
-Hammer Arm/Ice Punch
Item: Choice Band

or
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Shadow Punch
-Stone Edge/Ice Punch

or
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Punch
-Fire Punch/Shadow Punch
Nature: Impish
EVs: 252 HP/80 Atk/176 Def

While Hex is an interesting option on Jellicent, the move heavily relies on the opponent being statused, so it's not very reliable. Taunt is the preferred option on physically defensive Jellicent to screw over walls. On specially defensive sets, Shadow Ball (as a secondary STAB) or Ice Beam (to hit Dragon and Grass Pokemon hard) are preferred. Both moves also hit Lati@s supereffectively.

Old October 30th, 2012 (04:35 PM).
Pokemon Breeder

Sadly, Golurk isn't much of anything to look at. Have you thought about Conhagrigus? It walls really good, perfect for Toxic Stall, once I pumped mine up to extreme levels with Calm Mind (it was hilarious, they couldn't make a dent in it, Leftovers + Rest took care of all damage and status conditions).

In other words, it doesn't matter all that much on what you put on Golurk, it will fall to anything that was made to deal damage, Hydreigon, Chandelure, anything like that.

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier
Old November 2nd, 2012 (08:15 AM).

Nature: Lonely
When building a team for competitive play. What should I be looking for as my party? My team as of right now is
Lucario lvl 92
Vanilluxe lvl 100
Electivire lvl 100
Landorus lvl 100
Ferrothorn lvl 100
and a staryu lvl 1 but it will be a lvl 100 starmie
So anything like movesets or just advice on what to use, what not to use. That would all be appreciated. Thanks.
Old November 2nd, 2012 (10:35 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by brandonfriestatertots:
When building a team for competitive play. What should I be looking for as my party? My team as of right now is
Lucario lvl 92
Vanilluxe lvl 100
Electivire lvl 100
Landorus lvl 100
Ferrothorn lvl 100
and a staryu lvl 1 but it will be a lvl 100 starmie
So anything like movesets or just advice on what to use, what not to use. That would all be appreciated. Thanks.
Okay, let's see...

Lucario has a good physical and special movepool for you to take advantage of (note: you may have to breed or use move tutors for some of these moves):
-Swords Dance
-Close Combat
-ExtremeSpeed
-Crunch/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch

or
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
-Vacuum Wave/Hidden Power (Ice)/Dragon Pulse
Nature: Modest/Timid
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Inner Focus/Steadfast

or
-Close Combat
-Crunch
-ExtremeSpeed
-Stone Edge/Ice Punch/Bullet Punch
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Band

or
-Aura Sphere
-Dark Pulse/Shadow Ball
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Dragon Pulse
-Vacuum Wave
Item: Choice Specs
Ability: Inner Focus/Steadfast

While Vanilluxe has good stats, it has a shallow movepool. You'll have to find a better Ice Pokemon to use, like Mamoswine:
-Stealth Rock
-Earthquake
-Ice Shard
-Endeavor
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat

or
-Earthquake
-Icicle Crash
-Stone Edge
-Ice Shard
Item: Life Orb/Choice Band

or
-Icicle Spear/Icicle Crash
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Superpower
Item: Choice Scarf

Electivire doesn't do as well in OU as it used to because of its middling Speed, but you could give it a shot:
-Wild Charge
-Ice Punch
-Earthquake
-Cross Chop
Item: Expert Belt/Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive

or
-Wild Charge/Thunderbolt
-Flamethrower
-Cross Chop/Earthquake
-Ice Punch/Hidden Power (Grass)
Nature: Naive
EVs: 144 Atk/140 SAtk/224 Spe
Item: Expert Belt/Life Orb
Ability: Motor Drive

But then again, there are better Electric Pokemon to use out there, like Jolteon or Wash Rotom because of their superior Speed and bulk, respectively:

Jolteon:
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Shadow Ball/Signal Beam
-Hidden Power (Ice/Fire)
Nature: Timid
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb

Wash Rotom:
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Modest
EVs: 184 HP/4 Def/144 SAtk/176 Spe

or
-Volt Switch
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder Wave/Will-o-Wisp
-Pain Split
EVs: 248 HP/28 Def/228 SDef

or
-Volt Switch
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Trick/Thunderbolt
Nature: Timid/Modest
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

Sand Force Landorus is preferred in Sandstorm teams, but Sheer Force Landorus, as well as Therian Landorus are still usable outside of said teams. Therian Landorus can be obtained via Dream Radar in B2/W2, and it has different stats and a different ability compared to Incarnate Landorus (Therian Landorus' ability is Intimidate and its stats are as follows in order of HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed: 89/145/90/105/80/91)):

Incarnate Landorus:
-Earth Power
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Ice)
-Rock Polish/Substitute/Psychic
Nature: Timid/Modest
Ability: Sheer Force

Therian Landorus:
-Stealth Rock/Gravity
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
EVs: 200 HP/64 Atk/244 Def

or
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-U-turn
-Superpower/Hidden Power (Ice)
Nature: Jolly/Naive
EVs: 32 HP/252 Atk/224 Spe

or
-Gravity
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hidden Power (Ice)/U-turn
Nature: Naive/Jolly

or
-Rock Polish
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Explosion
Nature: Naughty/Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe

or
-Substitute
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Hidden Power (Ice)/Swords Dance
Nature: Naive/Jolly

Given Ferrothorn's high defenses and good typing, a support set is ideal for it:
-Stealth Rock/Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Power Whip/Protect
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Shed Shell

Starmie is one of the best offensive Rapid Spinners, period:
-Hydro Pump/Surf
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-Rapid Spin/Recover
Item: Leftovers/Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure

Old November 3rd, 2012 (01:19 AM).
Dreams take you higher ♥

So i was thinking about my team, and this is what i managed to make of it! still have an open spot

1) Gengar @ Focus Sash
Levitate | Timid
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

OR

Espeon @ Leftovers
Magic Bounce | Timid
Psyshock/psychic
Shadowball
Hidden Power
?

2) Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale | Calm
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover

3) Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimidate | Naughty
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

4) Weavile @ Focus Sash
Pressure | Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

5) Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace | Calm
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Grass Knot OR Thunder Wave
- Aura Sphere OR Thunder Wave

6) ?

Having the hardest time deciding! I am willing to change everything about the team, except for my Weavile

Eeveelutions ♥
Old November 3rd, 2012 (06:21 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Creame:
So i was thinking about my team, and this is what i managed to make of it! still have an open spot

1) Gengar @ Focus Sash
Levitate | Timid
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond

OR

Espeon @ Leftovers
Magic Bounce | Timid
Psyshock/psychic
Shadowball
Hidden Power
?

2) Milotic @ Leftovers
Marvel Scale | Calm
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Scald
- Recover

3) Salamence @ Life Orb
Intimidate | Naughty
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Outrage

4) Weavile @ Focus Sash
Pressure | Jolly
- Swords Dance
- Night Slash
- Ice Shard
- Brick Break

5) Togekiss @ Leftovers
Serene Grace | Calm
- Roost
- Air Slash
- Grass Knot OR Thunder Wave
- Aura Sphere OR Thunder Wave

6) ?

Having the hardest time deciding! I am willing to change everything about the team, except for my Weavile
Destiny Bond is an interesting option on Gengar, but the opponent can potentially do something else instead of KOing Gengar the turn it's used, making Destiny Bond more of a "get the timing right" move:
-Substitute
-Disable/Pain Split/Thunderbolt/Hidden Power (Fire)
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
Item: Black Sludge/Life Orb

or
-Shadow Ball
-Focus Blast
-Hidden Power (Fire)
-Protect
Item: Life Orb/Black Sludge

Espeon could consider using Calm Mind alongside Life Orb, or Trick alongside Choice Specs/Scarf. It can also Baton Pass Calm Minds:
-Calm Mind
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Baton Pass
EVs: 252 HP/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Ability: Magic Bounce

Milotic is better off using a Bold nature, since its Special Defense is high enough already. The EV spread should be 248 HP/252 Def/8 Spe.

Low Kick is the better option over Brick Break on Weavile because most Fighting-weak Pokemon are rather heavy.

While Togekiss is a good supporter in its own right, Jirachi can do it better:
-Iron Head
-Body Slam/Thunder Wave
-Fire Punch/Protect/Stealth Rock
-Wish
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP/224 SDef/32 Spe

or
-Substitute
-Body Slam/Thunder Wave
-Iron Head
-Fire Punch
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spe

If this team is struggling with Steel Pokemon, Magnezone is a good choice for taking them out:
-Substitute
-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
-Charge Beam/Flash Cannon
EVs: 36 HP/252 SAtk/220 Spe
Ability: Magnet Pull

or
-Thunderbolt
-Volt Switch
-Flash Cannon
-Hidden Power (Fire/Ice)
Nature: Timid (Choice Scarf)/Modest (Choice Specs)
EVs: 4 HP/252 SAtk/252 Spe (Choice Scarf) or 148 HP/252 SAtk/108 Spe (Choice Specs)
Item: Choice Scarf/Choice Specs

Old November 4th, 2012 (06:52 AM). Edited November 4th, 2012 by goobahead1.

i want all of my pokemon to be good for competitive these are all the ones i have

lv1 oshawott
lv11 purloin
lv10 pidove
lv11 patrat
lv12 throh
lv15 darumaka
lv16 scraggy
lv14 sewaddle
lv 15 woobat
lv 11 tepig
lv27 emolga
lv29 rufflet
lv25 whirlipede
lv24 joltik
lv26 drillbur
lv23 foongus
lv28 litwick
lv 25 klink
lv20 minccino
lv22 deerling
lv24 gigalith
lv 24 ferroseed
lv29 cubchoo
lv25 zoroa
lv33 stoutland
lv32 golett
lv36 krokorok
lv31 stunkfisk
lv38 musharna
lv40 bouffalant
lv45 serperior
lv40 durant
lv48 haxorus
lv50 escavalier
lv52 bisharp
lv50 zweilous

please tell me how to raise them well for wifi battles and tournamnets
Old November 5th, 2012 (10:53 AM).
Chespin, I choose you!

I want a really nice Genesect and I'm planning on learning RNG so I can get mine to be Flawless and have a great nature, but really, what's it's best nature?
Can you think of a good way to use Genesect in battle?
Old November 5th, 2012 (11:03 AM). Edited November 5th, 2012 by PlatinumDude.
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by masaru3:
I want a really nice Genesect and I'm planning on learning RNG so I can get mine to be Flawless and have a great nature, but really, what's it's best nature?
Can you think of a good way to use Genesect in battle?
Genesect is mainly used as a scout/revenge killer, similar to Scizor. It also has Download to help with mixed attacking, as well as Rock Polish for late-game sweeping:
-U-turn
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt/Bug Buzz
-Flamethrower/Bug Buzz
Nature: Hasty/Naive
EVs: 8 Atk/248 SAtk/252 Spe

or
-Rock Polish
-Bug Buzz/Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt/Giga Drain/Flamethrower

or
-U-turn
-Ice Beam
-Flamethrower
-Bug Buzz/Thunderbolt
Item: Expert Belt/Focus Sash

or
-Bug Buzz
-Ice Beam
-Thunderbolt
-U-turn/Flamethrower/Giga Drain
Nature: Mild/Rash
Item: Choice Specs

or
-U-turn
-Iron Head/Zen Headbutt
-Flamethrower
-Explosion/Ice Beam
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Choice Band

Old November 5th, 2012 (11:08 AM).
Pokemon Breeder

@ goobahead1:
Out of the list that you have, these are the guys you should train up:
Lv 24 Joltik
Lv 28 Litwick
Lv 25 Zorua
Lv 40 Durant
Lv 48 Haxorus
Lv 50 Zweilous

These are the best Pokemon on your list, either because of stats or movepools. I know that Joltik/Galvantula isn't an OU, but that thing can have a 100% Thunder with STAB without rain, so that's something to consider, plus it's only weak to Rock types, and Signal Beam can hit any Grass-types trying to switch into a Thunder.

Litwick/Chandelure has amazing Special Attack, and an incredible movepool, considering what it does. You will need to train it up in Speed as much as you can.

Zorua has the potential, as long as you have the TMs. Its level-up Movepool is laughable, being only Dark and Normal moves, so teach it the more powerful moves when you get them.

Durant has incredible Speed and Attack, and its moveset can take down the Fire-type it's weak to by using Head Smash, as well as anything else that tries to get in its way.

Haxorus can resist a lot of things, and after two Dragon Dances, it can sweep the metagame, plus hit anything neutrally with the right three attacking moves.

Zweilous evolves into one of the most dynamic sweepers in the meta. Hydreigon has insane special attack, moderate speed, and the movepool that can hit almost anything in the game with super-effective damage.

@masaru3 You want your Genesect to be Timid. While it can learn good physical moves, its special movepool far outclasses it. Also, a tip? Get rid of Techno Blast. All the moves that Techno Blast can become, there's a better move that's the same type. So, my movepool is Thunderbolt, Psychic, Flamethrower, and Ice Beam (I prefer the 100% accuracy moves over a little more damage), and it can hit a lot with its decent speed.

Friend Safari type:
Water
Pokemon:
Bibarel
Gyarados
Frogadier

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links