I just kind of got this idea for a fun little game we can all do after my last post. I thought this might be a very fun idea if people can understand this little game/thread.
If you don't know, a Pokestereotype is how a people typically interpret certain Pokemon only because of how they look. For example, something like Gyarados will have a bold personality only because of it being the terror of the seas. But who really says it can't be timid. People seem to interpret Espeon as being female because it's a bit more cat-like but in reality, there is only about a 1 in 16 chance of it being able to be a female. It's just the brands that people just give to these Pokemon without placing much thought into it.
Each Pokemon in reality, does belong to a species, not a character. A Gardvoir can just as easily be a male just how a Blastoise can be impish. And that's what were doing today! We want to break the stereotypes and develop personalities that people would never see and were going to make stories about them.
So this is how it works-
- the first poster who starts off the story (in this case me) will make a character trying to defy the stereotype. This Pokemon will be the main protagonist of the story that's currently going
- Each poster will make a separate one paragraph going off what the previous poster posted to continue the story and explain what happens next
- One out of three posters need to introduce a new character within the story, you can make a new character whenever, however if three posts before you had no characters introduced, you need to make one.
- Companions introduced can leave, the protagonist, cannot.
- Each person who introduces the character will make a short description after his/her paragraph of the species, personality, and a short explanation describing the Pokemon
- The story can get to a conclusion and the next story will be started by the next poster. However, in order to have a conclusion, there needs to be a conflict and climax within the story so it both makes somewhat sense and doesn't end too quickly
- Nicknames are not necessary but allowed
- No developing characters through Legendary Pokemon. If you want to include them in the story that's fine, but making characters out of them is not allowed. The original writers kind of already made personalities out of these Pokemon that are one of a kind, let's try to keep it that way.
- Nothing Impossible (no male Chansys)
- Defining actions by there atributes and moves is fine. Just because they have different personallities doesn't mean a Pinser doesn't have it's horns to use as a weapon
-try to avoid the stats game, you can use stats to define expertise such as having good speed to avoid things in battle, but don't use it to say something like "emoga has bad stats, it got hit but some rocks and died"
Remember, I want to see some male Skittys, a hoard of naughty Jumplufs ganging up on a timid Charizard, just let all your ideas for certain Pokemon flow free, it will make it more fun.
Eh I know, confusing, but I'm going to start and you'll probably get the idea
It was a nice warm day in the forest with the town overlooking from the west. A male liepard by the name of Drad was taking his usual daily walk through the forest but decided today to take a different route then usual. It was filled with different Pokemon and different food. He saw some berries he never saw off a large tree and wanted to try them but as he attempted to climb the tree, he failed to do so.
Description: A liepard that is generally kind hearted. Though he has the expertize to infatuate other Pokemon even despite the gender, he barely uses it unless it's for extreme situations or to try to get back what was stolen from him. He is owned by a female trainer called Lilia who lives in a small town. He tends to take walks daily and likes to change his routine. He does like the heat of a battle though he is not physically too strong and needs to be clever with his speed in order outmaneuver his targets
So now the next poster will determine what's next. Do anything you like to continue what happens and place it into one paragraph. Just remember Drad is the main character till this story finishes, have fun with it.
Wow, this has been here for awhile. Wanna go back and forth?
After failing at his attempt to climb the tree, Drad then used Hone Claws to sharpen his abilities (he he get it?). He tried again and succeeded! Having eaten the berry, he leaped from the branch he was perched on and sarted on the path back to town. Suddenly, an Energy Ball exploded in front of him! He quickly turned to see an angry Whimsicott staring him down. "Who are you and what do you want?", Drad called out. Instead of answering, Whimsicott sent a Shadow Ball his way. Still feeling the effects of Hone Claws, Drad then countered with his own Shadow Ball and the two collided with an explosion. Thinking on his feet, Drad launched a Quick-Attack, bursting through the smoke and colliding with Whimsicott...
Oh no, you got what I was looking for. To clear a couple things up, we are allowed to include any Pokemon species (as long as it's appropriate for the setting) You can include a picture by either making the HTML code or while in the posting options, there is a button that resembles a picture which you can place the URL of the image you are trying to post in the response. Also, you are allowed to post when anyone else besides you posts. Alright, here we go again
The Whismcott took a blow, it was a nice direct hit on Drad's part which left the Whimscott unconscious momentarily. Drad not wanting any harm to the Whimscott he stayed with him until he regained his consciousness. When the Whimscott opened his eyes, Drad helped him back on his feat. The Whimscott seeing that he was quick to judge Drad for being a feral Pokemon of the wild and took his habit of acting on emotion again, explained his situation. He was carried away from his home due to the recent strong wind that was occurring. It carried him far and Whimscott was very unfamiliar with the area. Drad decided that he needed to get Whimscott back home. The two decided to partner up till Whimscott got back home.
No new Pokemon introduced, countdown till next poster has to make one 2