The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 27th, 2012 (07:09 PM). Edited February 24th, 2013 by wolf.
wolf
on a Demoted LoA

In-Game Team Questions
In this thread you may ask questions about in-game or casual team building and make moveset requests. While incomplete teams may be posted here too, it is preferred that you finish your team using our Guides & Resources and post a "Rate My Team" thread.

— Do not ask questions concerning competitive team building.
Please use the Competitive Team Questions for that. If you do not know which thread to post in, check out the ITH Guidelines, because they explain the difference between competitive and in-game or casual play. If your question could be related to either, you will likely get better answers by asking in the Competitive Team Questions thread instead.

— Do not ask questions that are not specifically related to team building.
Do not ask questions about the game mechanics like "How does this move work?" and "What are EVs?", as they would best fit in the B2W2 Quick Questions thread. Do not ask questions about battling (prediction, long-term strategy, etc.) either; you may make threads in BC's main forum for those type of questions.

— Do not post an entire team.
Please make a new thread instead. See the ITH Guidelines as they go more into depth about what makes a team complete or not.
Old September 1st, 2012 (01:01 PM).
AngelArsenic
Beginning Trainer

So I posted a thread about what move set I should teach my Milotic and I don't know what happened to it.

Now my Milotic is level 30 and fully EV trained with the Effort Ribbon to prove it. I EV trained it in Special Attack (252), Speed (252) and HP (6). It already knows Water Pulse and Recover.

I plan on keeping Water Pulse and in addition teach it Surf and Ice Beam. I am currently debating between either keeping Recover or teaching it Calm Mind.

So here's my question: What do you think of the below move set and which should be my 4th move, Calm Mind or Recover?

Surf
Ice Beam
Water Pulse
Calm Mind/Recover
Old September 8th, 2012 (03:21 AM). Edited September 8th, 2012 by Magm4r.
Magm4r
Beginning Trainer

I'm now just past Violet city and my curent team is:
-Croconaw lv 19
-Flaaffy lv 19

I'm planning on catching a Scyther, eeveelution Espeon and a Magmar..
wich one should be my last pokémon? Do you think I should replace one or another? or any tips?
Note: I am playing this on an emulator on PC so linking is not possible.. and I don't like using legendarys!

caught an exeggcute .. good idea?
Old September 8th, 2012 (09:18 AM).
jayjay9
Unhatched Egg

I recommend going to the goldenrod game corner and spending a bit of time their and buy a dratini.On the route southern ecruteak city you can find vulpix.National Park has sunkerns which evolve into sunflora if you use a sun stone on them.if you turn right on national park entrance there a little area with a bug catcher and you can catch nidoran their.
Good team
Feraligatr
Ampharos
Sunflora
Ninetails
Dragonite
Nidoking/Nidoqueen
try not to evolve vulpix untill level 49 vulpix evolves with fire stone.
Evolve Nidorino/Nidorina as soon as possible.
Don't use scyther or espeon replace vulpix with magmar if you want (I would not).
Hope i helped.
Old September 8th, 2012 (09:25 AM).
DarkAlucard
Seek me. Call me...

Nature: Timid
In game, you should use the pokemons that you like most. I'll say that you can add a flying pkmn, just to make your trip easier
Old September 8th, 2012 (11:54 AM).
Magm4r
Beginning Trainer

Scyther is a flying type? and is Espeon that bad? I just like a psychic type in my team .. and I am really hating the game corner, i'd rather spent an hour at the pokéathlon so I coult evolve my Exeggcute.. I know that I have a psychic type then.. should I rather go for Umbreon now?
Old September 8th, 2012 (12:22 PM).
DarkAlucard
Seek me. Call me...

Nature: Timid
Indeed, Scyther is a flying type, but you can't use it to Fly around Johto. Espeon, at least for me, is a really good pkmn, but I rather prefer Umbreon, just for the look it has :3
Old September 8th, 2012 (12:59 PM).
Magm4r
Beginning Trainer

Thanks! for the help! I think I'll go with Umbreon!
Old September 9th, 2012 (09:28 AM).
mysteryme
Togepi

Hi Guys,

I want some suggestions for my pokemon emerald team.
Currently I have:
-Treecko lvl 13.
-Taillow lvl 14.

I'm gonna do the first gym now.

I'm planning to add Magikarp (GYARADOS!) and Slugma, but what else should I add?

(With those four I have Grass, Flying, Water and Fire, So I want something like Fight, or electric?)
Old September 9th, 2012 (11:18 AM).
pleryt16
ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON

Dont get Slugma. I'd say get a Camerupt or Torkoal. Also, I'd get a Manetric and a Hariyama. Manetric is great for the last gym and and the champion, and Hariyama is a tank.
Old September 9th, 2012 (12:52 PM).
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies
Community Supporter

Nature: Mild
Get a Trapinch and train it for Flygon it's dragon so it has good resistances and a fairly good move-set and will come in handy against drake (screwed against Glacier though).

Magcargo has got nothing on Camerupt and Torkoal so don't get Slugma.

Sceptile and Gyarados are solid for emerald I think (give Gyarados an ice move for Drake and Winona though). Sceptile is great for Juan and Wallace. Plus it can learn brick break for Sidney.

Statistically Electrode has the highest stats but that's mostly speed whilst Manectric has very high Sp. Atk. so go with Manectric. Manectric is good for Winona, Juan and Wallace.

Hariyama is the only decent fighting type available (except Blaziken) and fighting moves and typing will help with Sidney and Glacier.
Old September 11th, 2012 (01:46 AM).
lolandbeer

I'm in HG doing a quite terribad team because I want to make the game challenging (starting Cyndaquil and instagib'n EliteFour ain't fun anymore) and I trapped a Sunkern to replace my Bayleef as I want weaker pokemon.

The difference between Sunkern and Sunflora is the moveset.

Sunkern Cant include any links. Oh well. Just see the Pokedex.
Sunflora ^

After Level 3 there start being some differences. Syntethis/Petal Dance, Sunny Day/Sunny Day, Giga Drain/Solar Beam and Seed Bomb/Leaf Storm.

When would you recommend me to evolve Sunkern? It would be pre-E4 for sure.

Current team:

Sunkern, Eevee (to become Umbreon por little to no damage), Sudowoodo (weak overall) and Koffing (for another pure type Pkmn). If you know of other weak or just strange to see in a team Pkmn, feel free to suggest (Delibird isn't in Pkmn HG :c) And I need a flying Pkmn soon.
Old September 11th, 2012 (02:03 AM).
Ω Ruby and α Sapphire
Hope will never die! ~Lucina

Nature: Quiet
Get an unown in there, and if you want a real challenge don't evolve Sunkern. It only has a base stat of 180, the worst out there, which your probably aware of. Also fish for a Magikarp.
Old September 11th, 2012 (02:05 AM).
lolandbeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zupplu View Post
Get an unown in there, and if you want a real challenge don't evolve Sunkern. It only has a base stat of 180, the worst out there, which your probably aware of. Also fish for a Magikarp.
I had considered not evolving *her*. But no Magikarp, I want to have a chance. Maybe a weirdo like Mantine because I never had one and he isn't too strong anyways.

Suggestions on a flying type? Pidgey is odd. Spearow isn't what Im looking for. Perhaps Doduo.
Old September 11th, 2012 (03:01 AM).
bobandbill
Wahahahaha!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill
Going to punt this to the In-game Team Questions thread as this suits that spot first; you're asking questions about teams while 4th gen discussion is about discussing the games themselves rather than teams you should have.

Also other 'bad' Pokemon... well, try looking at not-fully-evolved stuff like, say, Kakuna. =p
(Also I know of a GSC challenge done which only had the one Sunkern in it. Now that was impressive.)
ORAS Staff Collab 2014
Old September 12th, 2012 (12:46 PM). Edited October 20th, 2012 by Nineray.
Nineray
Green Okido

Nature: Brave
I'm in petalberg city, i just beat May for the first time and have helped wally catch ralts

Mudkip 7
Tackle
Growl
Mud Slap

Lotad 5
Astonish
Growl
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I plan on adding Trapinch but otherwise i don't know who else to pick, who should fill up the other spots (Please no Aggron, Ninetails,Skarmory,Gardivoir or Lanturn, im trying to do something new i had them in my last run)
Old September 12th, 2012 (03:12 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Hoenn
If I was you, I would go for a water type, it's always useful to have Surf on hand and Water types balance out most teams. A great water type that you can catch is Staryu, great movepool & SP. Attack. I'd also recommend teaching Aerial Ace to Skarmory.

Playtime : 35:03 | Badges : 6 | Pokédex : 69
Old September 12th, 2012 (05:30 PM).
Windox

Suicune makes a great point, water and ice type moves are gonna be essential for elite 4 success. At this point I picked up a spheal and evolved it to Walrein to use exclusively against drake. Staryu is also a great addition

Finally back from a break, ready and willing to battle anytime just VM me when I'm on!

Pokemon Black 2 FC = 2795-8971-3923
Old September 13th, 2012 (10:26 AM).
Nineray
Green Okido

Nature: Brave
@Suicune I was thinking of Walrain as my last spot. Its typing is meh and it doesn't really have a movepool in my eyes. I was thinking Lanturn with these moves

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump

And i guess i should fix my first post seeing as Larion Evolved
Old September 13th, 2012 (02:06 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nineray View Post
@Suicune I was thinking of Walrain as my last spot. Its typing is meh and it doesn't really have a movepool in my eyes. I was thinking Lanturn with these moves

Thunderbolt
Ice Beam
Surf
Hydro Pump

And i guess i should fix my first post seeing as Larion Evolved
I think Lanturn is a great Pokemon and with only two weaknesses' it can go up against the majority of types. The moves that you have planned seem pretty ideal plus you cover both Water & Electric.

Old September 13th, 2012 (02:10 PM).
Hoenn
ロゼリア
Community Supporter

So far you have Grass, Flying, Water and Fire covered which is great! The final two I would recommend using a Psychic and Electric type simply because of the available and contrast to your current team, for Psychic I would choose Garvedoir, brilliant Special Attack and Kirlia learns Psychic at Level 26. For Electric go for Manectric, again pretty nice stats, great moves and equips high speed. This is just my recommendation of course but you can choose how you want it!

Old September 15th, 2012 (07:50 PM).
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

I'm playing SoulSilver and im needing a good water pokemon with great sp atk quick. I just beat whitney and so far I got Hoothoot lvl 19, Quilava lvl 20, and Flaaffy lvl 19. What's a good water Pokemon to pick up cuz I'm tired of dying from fighting a bunch of rock, ground, and fire Pokemon. Should I get a Bellsprout too? I know im gonna need a water Pokemon to get to Cianwood City but there's barely any water Pokemon in this game. I know Vaporeon is good but don't got a water stone, Poliwrath is more physical attack based and so its its pre evolved forms, but Politoed is a great Sp Atk Pokemon. What should I do? I can't go on in the game without a water Pokemon.

Old September 15th, 2012 (07:54 PM).
Windox

You probably passed up the best water Pokemon available to you. Turn back to slowpokes well and catch him as evolve him into slowbro. You won't regrett it.

Finally back from a break, ready and willing to battle anytime just VM me when I'm on!

Pokemon Black 2 FC = 2795-8971-3923
Old September 16th, 2012 (10:42 AM).
JokerVsBatman
Unhatched Egg

Ive played Heart Gold many times and it has gotten boring.
So i need a new team of pokemon that no one uses!
There can be no legendary's or derp pokemon!
I need it to be interesting
Doesnt have to have a starter on the team!
PLEASE HELP
Old September 16th, 2012 (11:07 AM).
Mochi

Nature: Sassy
I like doing NFE (not fully evolved) challenges when I get bored of a game, something to look into.

It's more fun for me in HGSS because all the little cutie basic Pokemon follow you around forever.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links