The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 2nd, 2012, 11:51 PM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly

Advertise here
Train it in Speed and Attack. Flygon works best as a Revenge Killer. I find that Adamant Nature Choice Scarf allows you to outspeed most things you encounter.

Moveset I'd recommend is Earthquake, Outrage, Fire Punch, U-Turn. It can be a pretty good lead to with U-Turn for scouting and such.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:05 AM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

This is just for an in game team. Im not really a competitive player, which is why i think the 100 base speed is enough.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 12:08 AM
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demon. View Post
This is just for an in game team. Im not really a competitive player, which is why i think the 100 base speed is enough.
Oh, okay. Sorry, didn't notice the location of the topic. I guess attack training is enough. Flygon isn't meant to be a wall but I'd still recommend training in speed, since it's supposed to be a speedy attacker/sweeper.
Old October 5th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

That's a well-built team. Most of them are offensive and defensive and can learn huge variety of moves. I'd stick with them they're all wonderful already,you don't need to replace any of them :3.
. :p
Old October 7th, 2012, 02:32 PM
JakeTheSancho
Unhatched Egg

I would find a stronger Fire type, then ninetails.

And maybe catch a fighting type as well.

Last edited by JakeTheSancho; October 7th, 2012 at 02:33 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:04 AM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
So I am starting black 2 and trying to think of a new balanced team. Any help
Snivy + evolution
Fly Type
Fire Type
Water Type
Rock/Ground/Dragon type
Electric/ice type
any thoughts on who can fill the roles?
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old October 8th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Katero

Nature: Quirky
I'm looking for your opinions on a team for White 2 that has a good variety of types with some fairly good Pokemon. I'm looking for a team to travel with me to get all the gym badges.

Mage of Mind
Old October 8th, 2012, 02:42 PM
Evisector

Nature: Calm
I'm not entirely sure this is the right section, but in any case I'll answer your question.

A good core of Pokemon, such as the Grass/Fire/Water core works well. Another example is the Dark/Fighting/Psychic core.

Good Pokemon in game usually involve being fast and having good attack stats that wipe the floor against opponents.

Here is a link to the Smogon in-game tier list that should help you see which Pokemon are ideal to use and which should be avoided.

Final thing I could say is don't choose Pokemon based on their effectiveness, if you wanted to use, say a Flygon even though Drilbur outranks Trapinch in the link I gave you, then by all means use Flygon.

Hope I helped.
Old October 9th, 2012, 03:32 AM
gimmepie
The Seeker of Pies

Nature: Mild
For fire I'd suggest Arcanine or Magmortar since they have awesome stats and fairly good move pools.

For flying Mandibuzz is reasonable but Archeops is badass stat-wise. Does have a hindering ability for memory though.

For water Mantine is good defensively but Starmie has a great Sp. Atk, good ability and good move-pool

For Ground Excadrill is a powerful option, for Dragon you want anything that is a Pseudo legendary (Like Hydreigon) but Haxorous is doable.

Ice types generally suck but Glaceon, Vaniluxe and Mamoswine have reasonable stats. The best electric options are Eeelektross because it has no weakness and Jolteon because it has good stats.
Old October 9th, 2012, 11:52 AM
emurii
Unhatched Egg

Hey guys -- I've caught two Eevees and am trying to decide which will make a better Umbreon for my Elite 4 team. I just want to know which Eevee will be a better Umbreon. I'm out of luxury balls, so I really don't want to have to try catching more Eevees at this point...

These values are from the Marriland calculator.

Eevee #1 (Zagaato)
(Hardy)
HP : 29
Atk: 0
Def: 0, 2, 4
SAt: 5, 7, 9
SDf: 18, 20, 22
Spd: 18, 20
--AVG: 11.8462

Eevee #2 (Crowley)
(Hasty)
HP : 7 - 12
Atk: 20
Def: 12 - 16
SAt: 16 - 19
SDf: 4 - 6
Spd: 18 - 20
--AVG: 13.1429

Obviously, Zagaato's SDef is great for Umbreon, but his other IVs are so atrocious that I worry he would be totally ineffectual. Crowley has some nice all-around IVs, but his SDef is terrible.

For in-game and friendly play, what do you think of these two? Will vitamins and Umby's post-evo stat changes be enough to make up for Crowley's stats? Would Zagaato be not so bad? (That 0 in attack terrifies me, as he will be my Crunch-er.) Should I just get my boyfriend to trade me his luxury balls and try again?

Thanks.
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Zagaato for sure. If it has 29HP then it's almost perfect Umbreon.
Yeah, it will have problems with Defense but that can be overcome by EV training.
As for Crunch... well... Umbreon isn't supposed to be played with attack moves... it's simply not suited for that... :/

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 9th, 2012, 12:13 PM
emurii
Unhatched Egg

Thanks, this is helpful. I'm looking at him as a Moonlight tank, but I guess I'm still part of that school of thought where I can't fathom the idea of having a Pokemon with no damage dealing moves.

Looks like I'll go with Zagaato unless my bf can catch someone better tonight. (Crowley would be a good Jolt/Vappy for him, anyway.) Thanks again!
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:40 PM
thunderstar100
Unhatched Egg

So I choose Snivy as starter and was thinking as a team I would do

Serperior

Swanna

Elektross

Darmanitan with Zen Mode

Conkeldurr

and

Musharna or Excadrill

I really like Munna but also think Excadrill is really good. The pokemon I want to keep for sure are Serperior, Elektross, and Conkeldurr. Other than that, I need help deciding!

Serperior

Elektross

Conkeldurr

?
?
?

Thanks!
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:43 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
Going to move this to the Team Help section's question thread, as that's where stuff like this belongs.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:01 AM
casualsden
Unhatched Egg

Hello. I'm not sure if this is the right topic to ask about this. I'm playing a community made game called Pokemon Raptor EX. It has all pokemon from first 4 gens. I'm looking to build an all around team with regards to weaknesses and resistances etc. I don't know every pokemon of first four generations. To make it clear, I want a team who can deal with every type. Is this possible?

In previous official pokemon rpg games, I used to catch and train pokemon depending on the type of next gym's leader's pokemons. That would mean a lot of grinding most of the time and it bores me. I want to start training a team that would last till the end of the game (all pokemon till gen 5 are included, gen 5 is not). I don't have to catch them all before any gym. I can make it on the way as I go. I just don't want to change the pokemon much in my team because that means a lot of grinding as I stated earlier.

I'd be grateful if anyone helps.

My current team is:
pikachu
prinplup (my starter)
ivysaur
noctowl
nidorina
abra (currently grinding at level 15)

All my pokemon are about level 20. I have pidgeotto, vigoroth, celebi in storage. I think that's all. I don't want to include celebi. I don't want to make the game easier and blow all the fun out of it.

Last edited by casualsden; October 10th, 2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old October 10th, 2012, 04:08 PM
thunderstar100
Unhatched Egg

I have a team with
Serperior
Sigilyph
Carracosta
Darmanitan
Eelektross
Conkeldurr/Lucario

Which one should I use? Please reply!

Thanks!
Old October 10th, 2012, 05:30 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderstar100 View Post
I have a team with
Serperior
Sigilyph
Carracosta
Darmanitan
Eelektross
Conkeldurr/Lucario

Which one should I use? Please reply!

Thanks!
Let's see.
Grass
Psychic/Flying
Rock/Water
Fire
Electric (w/Levitate)

Lucario's additional Steel typing grants it some vulnerability to fire, which you only seem to have one solution for, ground, which you have two Pokemon immune to, and Fighting, which Sigiliyph has every answer for. It also grants a lot of resistances, and could be more balanced given its dual-typing (it's a good thing to have a couple extra dual-types). Conkeldurr really doesn't have many resistances.

Conkeldurr has better ATK, DEF, and HP, but Lucario has huge advantages in SP. ATK and SPD - Lucario can easily be a handy mixed sweeper, which is great for in-game when you're not EV training. Conkeldurr has a limited movepool, however, and you'll likely be stuck with Bulk Up + One Fighting Attack + One Rock Attack + Strength. In-game, that's not a big deal. Lucario, however, can be turned into whatever you'd like, and I really can't offer decent movepool suggestions because of how versatile he is.

In the end, it's up to you: Do you want a brute-force tank or a mixed, dual-type tactical sweeper with a wealth of resistances? Based on your other selections, you already have a decent mix, and I really see either fitting in well.
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:22 PM
Papii
Unhatched Egg

This isn't for competitive battling, it's only for in-game use.
Right now, my Blastoise knows ice beam, surf, hydro pump, and water pulse at level 60. Which move should I replace for earthquake? I already have a few pokemon that know surf on my team so I was thinking about removing that.
Old October 10th, 2012, 08:55 PM
LividZephyr

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Papii View Post
This isn't for competitive battling, it's only for in-game use.
Right now, my Blastoise knows ice beam, surf, hydro pump, and water pulse at level 60. Which move should I replace for earthquake? I already have a few pokemon that know surf on my team so I was thinking about removing that.
I know it's for in-game teams. That's my expertise xD

You can't remove Ice Beam, and why do you have three water attacks? Water Pulse is the weakest of those, so Ice Beam / Surf / Hydro Pump / Earthquake works. Though you might want to have Crunch on there too, for more versatility. Just a suggestion!
Old October 11th, 2012, 02:58 AM
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by LividZephyr View Post
You can't remove Ice Beam, and why do you have three water attacks? Water Pulse is the weakest of those, so Ice Beam / Surf / Hydro Pump / Earthquake works. Though you might want to have Crunch on there too, for more versatility. Just a suggestion!
^Blastoise can't learn Crunch. It can learn Bite.

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old October 11th, 2012, 07:47 PM
Zero Avenged
Not quiting till im the best!

Nature: Brave
So I was thinking of doing my first run through of White 2 with the three unova starters. But now I was considering doing Oshawott, Treecko and Charmander. What do you guys think?
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:53 PM
LividZephyr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Avenged View Post
So I was thinking of doing my first run through of White 2 with the three unova starters. But now I was considering doing Oshawott, Treecko and Charmander. What do you guys think?
Is it possible to trade prior-gen starters over? You can probably do so via eggs, really... so it's doable.

Serperior is basically Sceptile 2.0, so I don't really see a difference.

Charmander is probably better in-game than Emboar, but I haven't used Emboar so I don't have an opinion on him... I just really like the Char line xD
Old October 11th, 2012, 11:39 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Is it possible to trade prior-gen starters over? You can probably do so via eggs, really... so it's doable.
You can just send them into the game.

Quote:
Serperior is basically Sceptile 2.0, so I don't really see a difference.
Not quite... if you have hidden ability Serperior with Leaf Storm, it's way better than Sceptile =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Lidge1337
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Modest
i have been playing Pokémon Leaf Green, and i wanted to ask some questions about building my team, or maybe multiple teams.

1st. do you think i should put pokemon i dont really like in my team, even if they are powerfull?

2nd. i want my mewtwo and my charizard on my team, but should i also put my 3 legendary birds on that same team?

3rd. if i make two teams, and also, get a squirtle, should blastoise and charizard be on the same team

if you can answer, thank you, if not, never mind.
and sorry if i posted this in the wrong category...
Old October 14th, 2012, 09:04 AM
zombie101
Woah

Nature: Relaxed
1. No if you don't like them don't have them

2. Think of weaknesses electric= 3 birds faint

3. That would be good

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here