The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center > In-Game Team Help

Notices

In-Game Team Help Can't defeat the Elite Four with your current team? Need help improving your Battle Subway team? This is the place for team help concerning in-game and casual play. Teams focused on the more competitive aspect of Pokémon must be posted in the Competitive Team Help sub-forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:00 AM
Correspondence

I guess i could try a combination of Shadow Ball, Flamethrower, Aerial Ace and Foul Play.
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:01 AM
Stokey
Unhatched Egg

In game HG Team-
Typholsion
Fire Blast
Focus blast
Solarbeam
Sunny Day

Heracross
Close Combat
Mega Horn
Aeiral Ace
Swords Dance

Poliwarth
Hypnosis
Focus Blast
Surf
Waterfall

Golem
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Rock Polish

Mamoswin
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Rock Tomb
Ancient Power

Any suggestions for the final member?
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Location: Above Singapore, below Thailand. Hm, you don't know where that is?
Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stokey View Post
In game HG Team-

Spoiler:
Typhlosion
Fire Blast
Focus blast
Solarbeam
Sunny Day

Heracross
Close Combat
Mega Horn
Aeiral Ace
Swords Dance

Poliwrath
Hypnosis
Focus Blast
Surf
Waterfall

Golem
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Double-Edge
Rock Polish

Mamoswine
Ice Fang
Earthquake
Rock Tomb
Ancient Power

Any suggestions for the final member?
I suggest a Dragonite, evolved from the special Dratini the guy in the Dragon's Den gives you if you answer the questions correctly. A dragon-type is always a good member in any party.

If you want, it comes with a moveset of my choice:

Dragon Claw/Outrage - powerful STAB
Earthquake - to deal with Steel-types
ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall - comes with the special Dratini's initial moveset & priority move/for type coverage
Swords Dance/Fly - Attack raiser/STAB

Hope this helps. If there's anything else, feel free to ask me/anyone. :)

Last edited by Autumn Reverie; November 11th, 2012 at 09:25 AM.
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:32 AM
Correspondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post
I suggest a Dragonite, evolved from the special Dratini the guy in the Dragon's Den gives you if you answer the questions correctly. A dragon-type is always a good member in any party.

ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall - comes with the special Dratini's initial moveset & priority move/for type coverage

Hope this helps. If there's anything else, feel free to ask me/anyone.
He could teach it Thunderbolt instead of ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall because he doesn't have an Electric type.
Old November 11th, 2012, 09:53 AM
Pvt Tamama
Chii!

Nature: Calm
what is the best way to level up a team after you have beaten the elite 4 i want to get my whole team to level 100 so far i only have 2 and it's taking a very long time to level up any advice
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Correspondence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pvt Tamama View Post
what is the best way to level up a team after you have beaten the elite 4 i want to get my whole team to level 100 so far i only have 2 and it's taking a very long time to level up any advice
Which game are you playing?
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:23 AM
ArtsyPokemon
Unhatched Egg

Hello other lovers of Pokemon! I need some help with my team. I haven't gotten close to the E4, but I've played and beaten Soul Silver once already. My question is between which Pokemon to use in my team. I have an Eevee that I need to evolve and that is my main question, which evolution would be best?
Team so far (I'm still leveling up and whatnot so, bear with me o.o)
Quilava - LVL. 28
Dratini - LVL. 21
Flaffy - LVL. 28
Sudowoodo - LVL. 28

Now, I am wondering whether I should Togetic with the Eevee evoution Umbreon or Crobat with Eevee evolution Espeon.

*Just to clear it all up, I am still leveling up my Pokemon, and that would explain the low levels. Ahaha

Any other advice would help as well Thanks!!!
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtsyPokemon View Post
Hello other lovers of Pokemon! I need some help with my team. I haven't gotten close to the E4, but I've played and beaten Soul Silver once already. My question is between which Pokemon to use in my team. I have an Eevee that I need to evolve and that is my main question, which evolution would be best?
Team so far (I'm still leveling up and whatnot so, bear with me o.o)
Quilava - LVL. 28
Dratini - LVL. 21
Flaffy - LVL. 28
Sudowoodo - LVL. 28

Now, I am wondering whether I should Togetic with the Eevee evoution Umbreon or Crobat with Eevee evolution Espeon.

*Just to clear it all up, I am still leveling up my Pokemon, and that would explain the low levels. Ahaha :)

Any other advice would help as well :) Thanks!!!
Hi Artsy. In my opinion, you should go with Crobat and Espeon. Crobat is strong and very fast, and its stats are quite balanced as well. Although I have never used it before, Espeon is known to be one of the stronger Psychic-types available. It would make a viable member of your team. I don't really agree with the Sudowoodo though.. Perhaps it would be best to replace it with a water-type of your choice - or just keep the Sudowoodo and evolve your Eevee into Vaporeon with a water stone. It's up to you, though. You may go with Togekiss and Umbreon if you wish. This is just my opinion based on personal experience and preference.

Hope this helped. If anything, just ask~ :)

Last edited by Autumn Reverie; November 11th, 2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old November 11th, 2012, 10:41 AM
ArtsyPokemon
Unhatched Egg

Thanks, I'll think of the Sudowoodo. This is mostly what i have now, as I go on I change Pokemon and this may be one of them...
I think i was already somewhat going for that. I love my Crobat :D
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Stokey
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by synerjee View Post

Hope this helps. If there's anything else, feel free to ask me/anyone.
Thanks a lot I'll have to try and get the man's questions right I never thought of Dratini though it'll definitely make lance easier with a dragon type and a ice type.
Also I think I might teach it thunderbolt instead of earthquake as Golem and Mamoswine already know earthquake or would you suggest giving one of them a different move?
Old November 11th, 2012, 11:56 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by glitchguy View Post
He could teach it Thunderbolt instead of ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall because he doesn't have an Electric type.
Dragonite is not good mixed sweeper. It's best use lies in physical sweeping, that's why ExtremeSpeed/Waterfall.
If something electric is needed, then ThunderPunch is that.
Old November 13th, 2012, 11:07 AM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
Want to add Growlithe/Arcanine to my team. Have an idea of which way i want to play him. Would like thoughts.

Lonely

atk 252, sp atk, 252. spd 4

Outrage
agility
Flamethrower
heat wave

This is how i am thinking of setting it up
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:26 PM
Forever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
Want to add Growlithe/Arcanine to my team. Have an idea of which way i want to play him. Would like thoughts.

Lonely

atk 252, sp atk, 252. spd 4

Outrage
agility
Flamethrower
heat wave

This is how i am thinking of setting it up
Unless you have a Pokemon setting up sunshine (or that even, but it's in-game so you wouldn't want to) it's generally better playing physically than not due to not being able to use things like Solarbeam to help it hit water/ground/rock types, so honestly I'd go like... Flamethrower (since there isn't that much difference in the stats and you save on recoil)/Wild Charge/Extremespeed/Close Combat, or ditch Wild Charge and go for Agility, however generally you wouldn't really want to be setting up in-game, and Outrage isn't really necessary as it doesn't give you much extra coverage.

hi, i am an ex-pc mod.
i used to mod black and white / fifth generation forums.

MOST IMPORTANTLY I LOVE FRIZY AND I SHALL FOREVER <3

i'm now battle server higher staff here, and i used to mod the main pokemon showdown server.
i'm also a moderator on smogon!
~ pumpka
Old November 14th, 2012, 03:57 PM
Altix
Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark

Nature: Docile
Here is the team I have caught so far but, I could catch more:

Wailord lv 41
Musketeer trio all lv 50
Castform lv 41
Deerling lv 39
Joltik lv 28
Litwick lv 29
Gothica lv 31
Excadrill lv 40
Lucario lv 50
Serperior lv 43
Zoroark lv 51
Darmanitan lv 49
Genesect lv 55

I plan on getting my team to level 75. What of these pokemon should I use? What pokemon should I catch? I have about 500k in money too from amulet coin, and relic items... Gr... I just want to beat the elite...
Old November 14th, 2012, 04:19 PM
CourageHound
Trust & Courage. Nothing More

Nature: Relaxed
Genesect>Psychic, Zoroark>Ghost, Terrakion>Dark, Muk+Acid Armor>Fighting. I also highly reccomend a flying type like archeops. If not then Gothitelli is fine. Would also reccommend Beartic or Mamswine.

The pokemon I mentioned are supposed to be specificaly for each E4 member and champion. However as I see right now, it does have a few exploitable weaknesses so arrange them around to cover those weaknesses as you wish.
Old November 14th, 2012, 05:24 PM
Altix
Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark

Nature: Docile
Thanks, I am going to replace the muk with lucario though.
Old November 15th, 2012, 04:21 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altix View Post
Thanks, I am going to replace the muk with lucario though.
That's all you need by the way For Unova E4, Lucario is more than enough.
Old November 16th, 2012, 12:19 PM
GonzoT
Unhatched Egg

Hey, I haven't played any of the Pokemon games in years (since Gold I think). I'm playing emerald right now and just beat the 5th gym. I'm pretty rusty and I am still trying to relearn all of the types and their weaknesses, etc. I'm hoping someone here can help me by pointing out any weaknesses or mistakes I have made in building my team up till now.

Marshtomp lvl.28
Manectric lvl.26
Breloom lvl.27
Golbat lvl.26
Aron lvl.27

I have a Sableye that I'm using as an HM slave at the moment, but I don't really use it for battling.
I also have a Kirlia that I was using, do I really need a psychic Pokemon in my team? Or can I do without?

I'm not looking for a competitive team or anything, just a balanced team that can get me through most of the game. So far I haven't had many problems, but I'm sure I have missed something. If anyone has any ideas on whether I should incorporate a 6th Pokemon and just distribute the HM's among the rest, I would appreciate that.
Old November 16th, 2012, 01:39 PM
EQUALSGAMER
Proud user of Garbodor

Nature: Quirky
You have a pretty well balanced team in a good team in my mind needs a fire grass and water to do great and any three other types, since you have breloom and marshtomp all you need is a fire type. The desert area the patch of grass west of it their are numel and in the cave close to their you can get a torkoal and a slugma. You don't NEED a phychic but later it will probably help.
Old November 18th, 2012, 09:51 PM
bobandbill
Where's that sheep...

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to bobandbill Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to bobandbill
I'll merge this with the questions thread sticky in the In-game Team Help section.

Sheep in the Big City: General Specific
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:50 PM
Don Bastio
Banned

im trying to go with a strategy of having moves that would cover being super effective over most pokemon, and this is what i have:
hitmonchan:
revenge-fighting type move-100 accuracy/60 power/10 PP
effects:
gains intensity if users pokemon has been hurt.

comet punch-normal-85 accuracy/18 power/15 PP
effects: hits 2-5 times

rock tomb-rock-80 accuracy/50 power/10 PP
effects: lowers opponents speed if hit

pursuit-dark-100 accuracy/40 power/20 PP
effects: works especially well if opponent switches out.

im planning on getting ice punch and switching it with comet punch when i get to level 26. this is for solo challenge so this is my team.

ice punch-ice-100 accuracy/75 power/15 PP
effects: 10% chance to freeze

all of the moves i have are physical, and all make contact except rock tomb so it leaves me vulnerable to poison point and similar effects. is this an okay moveset? if not what is?

this is the effectiveness of the moves, with ice punch instead of comet.
fight: 2x normal, rock, steel, ice, dark
rock: 2x bug, fire, flying, ice
dark: 2x ghost, psychic
ice:2x dragon, flying, grass, ground
Old November 24th, 2012, 03:40 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
F U C K PC! WAY TOO STRICT!

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
I'm playing Platinum and I'm lost on my in game team. I ALWAYS chose Empoleon so I knew in advance what team I needed to run. With Infernape I'm kinda really lost. Tbh I've never used him in Platinum. Reason I'm lost is cos I need a good water and electric Pokemon. I'm aiming for a team I've never ran before and I've used quite a few Pokemon in the past in Platinum or any game for that matter. I wanna say away from Luxray, I mean he's good but I always had him on my team, and again I'm choosing Infenape so Empoleon is out of the question.

So far I only got 2 Pokemon planned out and that is Infernape and Gardevoir. I'm choosing Gardevoir over Gallade because Gallade is a physical attacker and by the time I get the Shiny Stone I'll of already passed up most of his good moves so I'm stuck with Gardevoir. Once I figure out my water and electric Pokemon I'll be able to complete my team. Also is a grass very useful in Platinum? I always had Roserade but if you guy's don't recommend Vapreon I'm thinking about trying Leafeon for the first time if he's worth it.

These are the moves my 2 Pokemon are gonna have and why.

Infernape - Flare Blitz, Shadow Claw, Close Combat, U-Turn/Stone Edge
Flare Blitz and Close Combat are both very powerful STAB moves so it's a no brainer for him. I'm running a physical Infernape btw. Shadow Claw covers it's Psychic weakness and if I go with Stone Edge it takes care of it's Flying weakness.

Gardevoir - Shadow Ball, Psychic, Calm Mind, Reflect
Psychic is a STAB and covers its Ghost and Bug weaknesses leaving only Dark. Shadow Ball also covers Ghost as well but also takes out Psychic types. Calm Mind makes for a sure special sweeping combo and Reflect to increase it's Defense when needed, for it has terrible defense.

Please don't recommend Empoleon over Infernape cos I believe I've made it clear and I'll just ignore your post. If you know where I can get a Shiny Stone early on in the game then say so, or if Gallade would be better than Gardevoir. I beleive Gardevoir is a solid Poke on my team so it really depends. I will put moveset changes into consideration but I personally think they are solid. Please, I repeat PLEASE don't recommend Focus Blast with Gardevoir. I know it covers it's Dark weakness but it's not worth fainting over because of it;s 70% acc. I went down that rabbit hole once with Dragon Rush and never again will I do that.
Old November 25th, 2012, 08:08 PM
Hikamaru
ヒカマル

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
I'm playing Platinum and I'm lost on my in game team. I ALWAYS chose Empoleon so I knew in advance what team I needed to run. With Infernape I'm kinda really lost. Tbh I've never used him in Platinum. Reason I'm lost is cos I need a good water and electric Pokemon. I'm aiming for a team I've never ran before and I've used quite a few Pokemon in the past in Platinum or any game for that matter. I wanna say away from Luxray, I mean he's good but I always had him on my team, and again I'm choosing Infenape so Empoleon is out of the question.

So far I only got 2 Pokemon planned out and that is Infernape and Gardevoir. I'm choosing Gardevoir over Gallade because Gallade is a physical attacker and by the time I get the Shiny Stone I'll of already passed up most of his good moves so I'm stuck with Gardevoir. Once I figure out my water and electric Pokemon I'll be able to complete my team. Also is a grass very useful in Platinum? I always had Roserade but if you guy's don't recommend Vapreon I'm thinking about trying Leafeon for the first time if he's worth it.

These are the moves my 2 Pokemon are gonna have and why.

Infernape - Flare Blitz, Shadow Claw, Close Combat, U-Turn/Stone Edge
Flare Blitz and Close Combat are both very powerful STAB moves so it's a no brainer for him. I'm running a physical Infernape btw. Shadow Claw covers it's Psychic weakness and if I go with Stone Edge it takes care of it's Flying weakness.

Gardevoir - Shadow Ball, Psychic, Calm Mind, Reflect
Psychic is a STAB and covers its Ghost and Bug weaknesses leaving only Dark. Shadow Ball also covers Ghost as well but also takes out Psychic types. Calm Mind makes for a sure special sweeping combo and Reflect to increase it's Defense when needed, for it has terrible defense.

Please don't recommend Empoleon over Infernape cos I believe I've made it clear and I'll just ignore your post. If you know where I can get a Shiny Stone early on in the game then say so, or if Gallade would be better than Gardevoir. I beleive Gardevoir is a solid Poke on my team so it really depends. I will put moveset changes into consideration but I personally think they are solid. Please, I repeat PLEASE don't recommend Focus Blast with Gardevoir. I know it covers it's Dark weakness but it's not worth fainting over because of it;s 70% acc. I went down that rabbit hole once with Dragon Rush and never again will I do that.
Why not try Quagsire for a Water-type? It's a little slow, but quite bulky. You can catch them on the southern (rainy) part of Route 212, and it's part-Ground, granting it immunity to Electric. It's got a solid movepool and access to Ice Beam to counter Grass-types.

If you want a good Grass-type not named Roserade, you should give Leafeon a go. It's movepool may not be the best, but its high Defense allows it to take a few physical hits and STAB Leaf Blade hits really hard.

Gardevoir can also use Thunderbolt via TM, eliminating the need for an Electric-type. Most Psychics can learn Thunderbolt, Shock Wave and/or Charge Beam so keep that in mind.

ニャスパー

pairs | showdown | tumblr | vm

Old November 25th, 2012, 09:38 PM
Autumn Reverie
d a y d r e a m

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Bastio View Post
im trying to go with a strategy of having moves that would cover being super effective over most pokemon, and this is what i have:

Spoiler:
hitmonchan:

revenge-fighting type move-100 accuracy/60 power/10 PP
effects:
gains intensity if users pokemon has been hurt.

comet punch-normal-85 accuracy/18 power/15 PP
effects: hits 2-5 times

rock tomb-rock-80 accuracy/50 power/10 PP
effects: lowers opponents speed if hit

pursuit-dark-100 accuracy/40 power/20 PP
effects: works especially well if opponent switches out.

im planning on getting ice punch and switching it with comet punch when i get to level 26. this is for solo challenge so this is my team.

ice punch-ice-100 accuracy/75 power/15 PP
effects: 10% chance to freeze

all of the moves i have are physical, and all make contact except rock tomb so it leaves me vulnerable to poison point and similar effects. is this an okay moveset? if not what is?

this is the effectiveness of the moves, with ice punch instead of comet.
fight: 2x normal, rock, steel, ice, dark
rock: 2x bug, fire, flying, ice
dark: 2x ghost, psychic
ice:2x dragon, flying, grass, ground
First of all, which generation are you playing? You didn't state it in your question. I am going to assume you're playing B/W2. If not, please correct me.

Hmm..your current moveset for Hitmonchan isn't very good in my opinion. This is what I would recommend:

Close Combat/Sky Uppercut/Drain Punch - powerful fighting-type STAB
Ice Punch - counters flying-types
Pursuit - counters psychic-types
Any other elemental punch move for type coverage (Fire/Thunderpunch)

Hope I helped. If you have any other doubts, feel free to ask.
Old December 19th, 2012, 03:03 PM
ThatSuperHappyCloud
Cloud

Nature: Serious
My team is done
Umbreon
Espeon
Weezing
Ampharos
Flygon
Jellicent

Some input please