Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 24th, 2012, 03:31 PM
RivalGator
I hate them all.

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
I once KOed a shiny Onix in Crystal.
I just stared at it for a moment and then took a deep breath and played on. I'm not a huge fan of shinies so I don't really worry about it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the reason I had to KO it was because I only had one PokeBall, which was the Master Ball, in which I was intending to use it for something else. Looking back on it now that was kind of retarded of me, but.
Y Friend Code:
Kamon - 0877 0363 3707

"Ah, the past... The only thing dead that smells good."
Old September 24th, 2012, 04:56 PM
pikakitten
You met with a terrible fate

Nature: Naughty
I had my first game, Pokemon Ruby age 6-9 and going to the lab after beating May guess what? Shiny Male Poochyena Lv. 5 And of course no Pokeballs I hated it myself and everything To this day I never had nor seen one legitimate shiny... I would've loved him. :'(
Credit |Kitty Pair | VM/PM | Photobucket | Theme
Old September 24th, 2012, 05:12 PM
SoulSilver10112
George the Poliwag

I've done it when I borrowed my brothers Saphire and Pearl games. I ran into tons of shinies, almost all were ko'd on accident (Or ko'd by that Mira in wayward cave...) , except this one Lotad I caught.
Soulsilver FC: 0562 4179 9801
Black 2 FC: 3526 0102 7313

Challenges:
Heartgold Nuzlocke: Completed!
Pearl Nuzlocke: Completed!
Heartgold Gender Discrimination Challenge: Completed!
Old September 24th, 2012, 07:55 PM
pleryt16
ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON

I didnt actually KO my first shiny, but it was on my FireRed version, it was a Mankey, one of my favorite pokemon too! But I caught it and immediately tried (notice tried) to transfer it to my Platinum. I Got all ready and it said I had no save on my FR and I went and checked, and it was gone. My only shiny Ive legitely found. Needless to say my game was shattered.
Favorite Pokemon: Vaporeon
Second Favorite Pokemon: Scrafty
Old September 25th, 2012, 02:34 AM
Red99
World Champion

Nature: Rash
I was helping my little brother with Emerald a few weeks ago, and he told me a Poocheyana was a different color. I immediately took over the game, but unfortunately, he found it while he had only his strongest Pokemon. I fainted it in 1 hit, and just had a laugh about it. A couple days later, I caught a shiny tangela in Heart Gold.

Don't listen to all those rumors about me, I'm just your average everyday Pokemon trainer!
Old September 29th, 2012, 04:27 AM
何贤豪

Maybe I'll just go like this.
Aw, man! The shiny fainted...Fine.

So...I'll probably be a bit upset about it, but I would get over it pretty easily.
·Friend Code·My Claims·
Old September 29th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

That'd probably be my reaction to such a thing happening. I mean, with legendaries and such you're able to save just before the battle (excluding Mew when using the glitch in R/B. I remember I did it once, but wanted to wait with starting the battle because I wanted to show it to a friend, and it could be that Mew wouldn't appear again since it was a glitch, though my curiousity got the better of me, and I went just to look at it, and the next day I find out that I was right ):), and battle them again if something like that happens, but with shinies you only have one chance. So being out of balls or accidentally KO'ing it is the worst thing that'd ever happen :(
Old October 3rd, 2012, 01:29 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

I'd yell and curse, probably throw my DS at the wall. I mean, I do that whenever I lose a gym battle anyway...
Old October 4th, 2012, 01:18 PM
goldentony111
goldentony111

I would do the same as above
goldentony111.deviantart.com/
youtube.com/user/goldentony111
http://twitter.com/#!/tonytonytony1
Old October 4th, 2012, 02:55 PM
Razer302
Three Days Grace - Break

Nature: Quiet
I have never killed one but my very first one I ever encountered I falseswiped it to 1 hp then instead of throwing a pokeball... I ran from it. I raged and haven't played Ruby since, Hated that game ever since.
Shiny Value 275 if anyone needs it pm me
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Omaeka
Unhatched Egg

I've done it a few times and took out a green Zubat the other day in Platinum and tbh I can't say it bothers me, I'm sure if I was actually looking for a specific Pokémon and ran into a shiny one and killed it I'd be kinda annoyed but meh. If a random wild Pokémon comes up while training/traveling and it is useless to me, being shiny doesn't change that, infact it just makes me faint them for the lols instead of simply running.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/signaturepics/sigpic350038_1.gif
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Tman109ner

Ran out of pokeballs on a shiny onix. I stopped playing fire red for a week after that.
Old October 5th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Tetra
shining star
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
This has happened to me a lot of times. Once, I was playing Pokémon Fire Red and the most amazing thing happened. Shiny Machop. :] I was hoping that I had Pokéballs in my pocket. Aaaand I didn't :'(. I went into rage. I didn't even want to play anymore. But I did find another one a few months after.
paired to Nathan
Old October 5th, 2012, 06:15 PM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Commit suicide. I'd probably start yelling and get all pissed. And I'd be mad at myself for a while.
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old October 11th, 2012, 11:21 PM
LenSho

Nature: Modest
I killed a shiny Durant, I had killed enough Durants to know what moves to use, but I forgot my Pokémon had leveled up...

I think I saw it dying in slow motion, I was like "Ohhh Craaap!!!" *facepalm*. I didn't know what to do next , If I turned it off that wouldn't mean I'd find another shiny right away, so, I decided to save. At least it was recorded in the Pokédex <_>

I know I can get a Shiny Durant if I really wanted by other methods, but it's not the same.

I have found a shiny Spinarak, Krabby, Rattata (silver) and Wailmer (sapphire) and caught them successfully. You would think I should have enough experience by the time I played White but nooo.... Noob mistake -__-
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:30 AM
awolfsquared
Prattoween
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
I scream loudly or something along the lines of:

Andy and April's Halloween party: "Someone will die" "...of fun!" "And of murder..."
DeviantArt | Tumblr | Art Gallery | Ask Me Stuff | Paired to

Old October 12th, 2012, 03:32 PM
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I've never killed a shiny aside from the Red Gyarados when I was a stupid kid. Didn't realize I was supposed to catch it.

I caught a shiny Pidgey legit in Leaf Green - second Pokemon I ran into after getting my first five Poke Balls. Haven't seen another legit shiny. If I killed one, I'd be REALLY livid and my eyes would shoot lasers and... I'd have a mess to clean up.
Old October 12th, 2012, 03:38 PM
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Whine on twitter/facebook, and then just move on right after lol
Old October 12th, 2012, 04:05 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
Make like odepius and stab my own eye. Okay, not that extreme, but bodily and/or mechanical injury will ensue.

I once found a shiny Starly on 1) before I got my Pokéball so I couldn't catch it and 2) on a secondary file without deleting the primary so I couldn't save it even if I did have a Pokéball.

I can only imagine my reaction would be something like that. Self-loathing, depression, and refusal to play Pokémon for a couple months
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old October 13th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Seki
You idiot!

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pokemon Trainer UV View Post

And then I'd stop playing for about a week.
My exact same reaction. Would probably throw my Gameboy/whatever console on to the floor as well.

VM | PM | MyAnimeList | Theme | Pairs | Previously
Old October 14th, 2012, 07:18 PM
Alex
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
I've usually caught most of the shinies I've encountered. But there's no question how I'd react to it fleeing or selfdestructing:

Old October 15th, 2012, 10:41 PM
xSkullKing16x
Boo.

Nature: Lax
Probably slam my DS shut with a fluster of cursing and saying nope
Old October 17th, 2012, 11:42 PM
Empire
Ask me what I did with my life
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Empire
Out of all the Pokemon games i have owned i have never encountered a shiny in the wild.
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:01 AM
93Aiwass
Getting Back into Pokemon

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eivana View Post
I once KOed a shiny Onix in Crystal.
I just stared at it for a moment and then took a deep breath and played on. I'm not a huge fan of shinies so I don't really worry about it.

Actually, now that I think about it, the reason I had to KO it was because I only had one PokeBall, which was the Master Ball, in which I was intending to use it for something else. Looking back on it now that was kind of retarded of me, but.
Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Well, it teaches me as a reminder to keep a good number of PokeBalls, GreatBalls and UltraBalls just to make sure you don't fall into this trap.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.

Some explanation on terms: Do what... & Love is... | 93 | Aiwass | Holy Guardian Angel
Getting back into Pokemon after 5 years of being out of it... this is going to be a hard learning curve...
Here is what I look like, in case you were curious.
Babalon is my mother, and she loves me.
I'm an initiate of a secret society... Hmm, do secret societies have websites?
Old October 18th, 2012, 07:16 AM
Wateria
The cute team Aqua member

Nature: Naughty
I didn't actually faint this shiny sudowoodo on Heartgold it fainted my hole team.
Annoying as it was I healed by a shiny mareep I found as well.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here