Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Announcements
Reload this Page Event Suggestions Wanted

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Community Announcements Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Closed Thread

Old September 1st, 2012 (06:01 AM).
Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Curious.:

Oh, so something along the lines of a lucky dip? Ooh, that would be cool! But how would you enter? Just sign an application from or template? The problem though is keeping things fair? How would we fairly find a person to hand supportership to? Random generator? Who will be responsible for generating the names? Just a few questions, if this were to be considered! But I like the idea nontheless it sounds quite cool!

And, I agree, I think for this get together, we need some unique events, some that we haven't seen before, or haven't seen a lot of.
Well. First, we could get some volunteering supporters or other people who'd like to take part of the event, to pay for the giftcards/whatever.

Then we could get a list of all the userids of PC and jack them into a random picker generator thingymabob. We simply spin the numbers according to the amount of volunteers who will pay for the supportership gift. If the generator comes out with a supporter one, then respin. It shouldn't take too long, there are more nonsupporters than supporters. It should be done in less than an hour.

Then, some staff with access to the admin cpanel could search for those userids, and give those lucky bozos supportership!

Simple(ish) right?

still hoping for the give zephyr cookies event
Old September 1st, 2012 (06:06 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Uh... I don't think that method would really work out well. There are literally over 30,0000 members here and randomly selecting one user from all of them? Half the members don't even come back anyway. As for those who want to participate, I think there will be more who want to get supporterships than those willing to donate. A lucky dip of a -theme- would probably be better, or a graphic or something. Like a Secret Santa, so everyone has an equal role.
Old September 1st, 2012 (06:14 AM).
Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)
Crystal Tier

Well then, put a limit. Say people could register for a chance of getting supporter status. There could be X amount of slots (e.g. 100 slots) but only 50 will get supportership. It's fair. -shrugs- still not as awesome as give zephyr cookies event Also, I'd love to help out in volunteering for that event obviously, coz it's my idea. >.>
Old September 1st, 2012 (06:39 AM).
五代目水影
Silver Tier

Nature: Naughty
Meet the staff session We can ask the staff question and play games with them or something.
Old September 1st, 2012 (06:50 AM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
Quote originally posted by Iqid Loopz:
- I know this passed but idk, an event based on Olympic style competition and must involve Pokemon and PC (I'll try making creative ways to do some) and "countries" can be either types or regions, or countries/regions in real life. Again this is only one event. Team with most gold medals win. But its friendly competition of coarse. I can't host, its out of my league. Problem I can see is what mini games can we do. but yeaa that's what i can make up right now.
If we could get this to work somehow, then that would be amazing.

Quote originally posted by Derozio:
And AMV contest. That'd be epic. If I remember correctly, the PPC held before the previous one had it but its successor didn't. I want it to return.
This sounds really cool. Of course I wouldn't be making any of them, but still.

Quote originally posted by Punnagg:
Hey how about a sprite making contest or some kind of other challange or spin off making contest???
Didn't we already have a spinoff making contest earlier this year? :/

Quote originally posted by zephyr6257:
a how much cookies can you give zephyr contest! OMG THAT WOULD BE SO AWESOME
OH OH OH OH! Why don't we have a Pair-a-Random-Person-For-a-Day Event?
Or a Gift-Supportership-To-A-Random-Member Event?
Something unique would be really fun. Not just the staples.
These two sound fun. Though I'm not sure how the pair a person one would work, could you explain please?
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 1st, 2012 (07:48 AM).
Wanderer
Platinum Tier

Nature: Mild
Quote originally posted by PokeAwesome94:
The PokéCommunity Awards
Best of PokéCommunity
Best thread: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Best post: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Best visitor message: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals

Funniest of PokéCommunity
Funniest thread: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Funniest post: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals
Funniest visitor message: Gold, Silver and Bronze medals

We have Community awards towards the end of every year.

I would like to see a Trivia that incorporates many parts of the Pokemon franchise such as the Gaming, Anime, Manga, and TCG and apply it all into one game. This too me would encourage team work since I doubt all people are knowledgeable in all those.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old September 1st, 2012 (07:55 AM).
Abomasnow

Quote originally posted by Pinkish Purple:
Meet the staff session :) We can ask the staff question and play games with them or something.
I... didn't realist staff were so distant that we actually needed this, haha. But meh - if it's what members want then I think staff should do it.
Old September 1st, 2012 (07:57 AM).
Likes Hacks and Official Games

It will be interesting to see what a ROM hacker can do in a time that the get-together is on

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old September 1st, 2012 (08:44 AM).
kevin del rey
Silver Tier

Quote originally posted by Pinkish Purple:
Meet the staff session :) We can ask the staff question and play games with them or something.
I like this, 'cause a handful of staff never really talk to normal members, and this could be a way to pull them closer. ;)
Old September 1st, 2012 (10:55 AM).
W
Gold Tier

Nature: Brave
I don't know if it's been said but we could quote our first post or comment here and share them and take a look at who we are now.

Poketch

Old September 1st, 2012 (11:49 AM).
Swaggins
Silver Tier

What if we start a site YouTube channel. It can be where a member or two showcase fanfic, art, and games. It could really boost popularity here and with enough subs we could sign up for google ads and give the money to the site.
It seems apropriate that after 19 years this is made.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old September 1st, 2012 (12:28 PM). Edited March 31st, 2013 by TwilightBlade.
https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson

Nature: Jolly
Finally another get together! YEYUH. I think we should definitely have:
- Isketch game
- Minecraft Event
- WiFi Battle

And I have a bunch of other ideas that I will talk about later if I can think. And I can help host anything if needed (I can host the minecraft server for the event); I will be on all the time when we have this Get-Together! :DDD

sorry i am like never active on here anymore but you should hmu on my soundcloud or sumthin, fam
Old September 1st, 2012 (12:28 PM).

#Khawill
good idea but maybe we could have it so every week people nominate someones sprites, someones rom hack etc and then the moderator in charge of the youtube channel make a youtube video on the peoples work that gets the most vote (for example if there were 3 categories fanfic,art and rom hack then there would be 3 people who get a youtube video about their work.)

Support banner made by mavy32. (Thank you very much)
Old September 1st, 2012 (12:45 PM).
W
Gold Tier

Quote originally posted by Khawill:
What if we start a site YouTube channel. It can be where a member or two showcase fanfic, art, and games. It could really boost popularity here and with enough subs we could sign up for google ads and give the money to the site.
It seems apropriate that after 19 years this is made.
But this thread isn't to post ideas to improve the community, there about ideas of events for the get-together. This site also is ten years old, not nineteen.

Poketch

Old September 1st, 2012 (12:54 PM).
The Rabbit Pokemon
BS
CS

Nature: Modest
Shiny Pokemon raffle. Have members donate their legit shinies in a raffle and whoever enters in the event and has their name selected wins a shiny in a trade!

Showdown

Old September 1st, 2012 (01:19 PM).
poisonous
Crystal Tier

I would like to see the Design a Pokemon event come back. It's a lot of fun, and was fairly popular last time if I remember correctly.
Old September 1st, 2012 (02:56 PM).
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via AIM to Luigi-San Send a message via Skype™ to Luigi-San
I can't think of anything specific, but something to tie into the state of the franchise at the time PC opened (Generation II being the current generation, Ruby and Sapphire being in development, etc.) would be nice to have.

Old September 1st, 2012 (04:27 PM).
BS
CS

The obligatory Pokémon battling tournament would be neat. We could either stick to the usual point system (use the thread for finding battles, a point given for winning, a point taken for losing, person with the most points wins, etc.), or try something new. The point system is generally the best to use because of the Get-Together's time restrictions. Average elimination tournaments (or really anything with a bracket) are difficult to complete in time. I might post again if I come up with anything...

Also, some gaming events for stuff like Team Fortress 2. Perhaps some sort of launch co-op event for Borderlands 2 if there are enough people that want one and will be getting the game before GT.
Old September 1st, 2012 (06:44 PM).
A long line? Well I guess it was inevitable...
CS

Nature: Adamant
So here's my input. I have an idea that is a little more flushed out than simply saying, "Let's do an Egg Swap." My idea is essentially an Egg swap with a little more.

Each participant would breed one egg and post their friend code (Gen V) on the thread. they would have one or two days to swap the egg as much as possible/as much as they want. Then, they hatch the egg, and raise the Pokemon in question as much as possible. On the final day or two, everyone would post their final result, compare, and discuss.

I would like to see this happen, and think it would be a fun alternative to a standard egg swap. I would gladly run it if that's what it takes.

Old September 1st, 2012 (07:03 PM).
twisted logic
Silver Tier
CS

I don't come here very often so chances are some of the things I'm going to post already exist, hahaha.

- Profile contests, maybe? Since you can customise your profile here.
- Icon Contest - make an icon related to a team, the community votes on the best or there are set judges who judge the icons and the best one wins
- Some sort of writing contest?
- Does PC have a Pokemon Online server? If so, MAFIA NIGHT omg
- Secret Santa / Art Swap

team blue
Old September 2nd, 2012 (01:37 AM). Edited September 2nd, 2012 by mavy42.
I'm back, broz :)

Nature: Gentle
Activities I will suggest...

- Minecraft Event ( Where we will create something pokemon-ish in Minecraft, upload it here then Mods will have a winner)

- Pixel Art Event

- ISketch

- Small Writing Event

- Logo Creating Contest

- Slogan Contest

- Tournament
Old September 2nd, 2012 (02:51 AM).
Farfetch'd

Quote originally posted by Charlie Brown:
- Profile contests, maybe? Since you can customise your profile here.
I think that when we've done this before, we had two tiers for it - supporters and non-supporters. The reason for this is that supporters have far more customisation options than non-supporters so judging them against each other would be impossible and unfair. I'm up for it, though, if we do it with the two separate tiers.

- Does PC have a Pokemon Online server? If so, MAFIA NIGHT omg
I believe a small group of battlers on here regular the PO server but I don't think Mafia is a regular, or even known, thing on there. You'd have to ask someone who goes there often though.

- Secret Santa / Art Swap
Can you explain this one?
Old September 2nd, 2012 (02:55 AM). Edited September 2nd, 2012 by Zeffy.
BS
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I completely agree with a logo-making contest! However, I'd suggest that digital and hand-made entries have different competitions for obvious reasons. I'd give that contest a go!

Quote originally posted by Razor Leaf:

Can you explain this one?
Artists pick other artists, albeit randomly and secretly, and make an icon for them. Each artist can hint what they want the icon to be, but I don't think they can straight-out reveal it. (Artists, thereof, can be replaced as members/users/people.)

Not too sure, though.
Old September 2nd, 2012 (03:36 AM).
i won't kill anyone weaker than me
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
I guess all the ones I've wanted have been said:PC SKYPE CALLS, Photography, TF2 Gaming night, Trivia, Movie Nights, Drawing Contests and of course the one and only iSketch.
Funny how I've been a host for every iSketch event since the 2010-11 New Year's Extravaganza but I think I'm gonna let this time pass and enjoy myself by actually doing events this year despite that I'm barely active enough atm
Old September 2nd, 2012 (03:41 AM).
let it go
Crystal Tier

Quote originally posted by Razor Leaf:
I believe a small group of battlers on here regular the PO server but I don't think Mafia is a regular, or even known, thing on there. You'd have to ask someone who goes there often though.
There was a channel for it but p much nobody has used it recently, at least. Even still, we swapped to PS now and the userbase is quite small (4-5) so idk.

Sponsored Links