The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Announcements

Notices

Community Announcements Sometimes interesting things happen... it'd be a shame for you to miss them. Check here for new events and changes big and small around the community.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:26 AM
Charlie Brown
twisted logic

Nature: Sassy

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Requility View Post

There was a channel for it but p much nobody has used it recently, at least. Even still, we swapped to PS now and the userbase is quite small (4-5) so idk.
Ah, I see. I'm not entirely sure if Pokemon Showdown or w/e it's called can host Mafia games. :s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Leaf View Post

Can you explain this one?
Pretty much what Zeffy said. A bunch of people sign up in a thread, just giving a vague idea of what they want their icon/banner to look like. After however many days of signing up, sign-ups are closed and the host uses an RNG to assign each person another person for which they need to make an icon for, as per their description. So, for example, Julie might post saying she wants a green icon. Bob has also signed up, and gets a PM from the host saying that he has to make Julie's icon, so he makes a green icon and PMs it to the host. Everyone does this (nobody can tell anyone else whose icon they're making) and then at the end of however many days, the host posts all the icons and who they were made for, but they don't say who made the icons (optional rule). It's basically Kris Kringle/Secret Santa, but online and using icons or banners.

That said, if an Icon Contest is being held, it would probably be best for this to be held later on, ie during Christmas. n_n

We're a small (but growing!) Pokemon forum with a tightknit community. Click here to check us out!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:55 AM
zephyr6257
Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)

These two sound fun. Though I'm not sure how the pair a person one would work, could you explain please?[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

WELL. To tell you the truth, I haven't fully thought of the ideaaa of pairing a random person lol (it was just a random idea :3) BUT it's around the lines of pairing a person for a day and then of course, doing pairly things.

Putting him/her on your signature/chatting with him/her the whole day/spamming the person's VM wall/etc.

It'll be fun. Getting to know a specific person in a day. [/SIZE][/FONT]
Old September 2nd, 2012, 08:30 AM
Ambellina
Psychedelic Psychic
Community Supporter

Nature: Bashful
I wouldn't mind a Borderlands 2, Halo, or even a fighter game event seeing as MvC Orgins will be released soon.

♥Paired to Sushi.♥
✘Grandparent-Elite Overlord LeSabre™
✘Sister-Anastasia.R
✘Daughter-xxkaylabby
✘Yappy Grandson-The Last One
twitterRaptr
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:46 AM
Mr. X
Oops
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Yugioh tournament.

RS clan wars? (Divide up into teams of 4 or 5 (Or more/less depending on how many people we get) and see what team is best.)

Come play Runescape
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:34 AM
wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Brown View Post
Ah, I see. I'm not entirely sure if Pokemon Showdown or w/e it's called can host Mafia games. :s
I don't think it can (yet? it's still in beta after all). I can still get the Pokémon Online server up again if there's enough people that want to play mafia. I've always wanted to try it.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 03:59 PM
Iqid Loopz
Hail HYDRA! Long live the SITH! Team LANNISTER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iqid Loopz View Post
- I know this passed but idk, an event based on Olympic style competition and must involve Pokemon and PC (I'll try making creative ways to do some) and "countries" can be either types or regions, or countries/regions in real life. Again this is only one event. Team with most gold medals win. But its friendly competition of coarse. I can't host, its out of my league. Problem I can see is what mini games can we do. but yeaa that's what i can make up right now.
Soooo it took me a while to think of mini games for this event. So here what i thought of

There will be 5 teams, as in 5 regions (5 Olympic rings, if you know what I mean) if dont know the 5 Pokemon Regions then wooow ' Each team will either have 15-20 athletes (I haven't decided on numbers yet)

Each event will have "category mini game" (Solo, double, triple, team)
(Solo) The winning individual with the fastest time/points wins.
(Doubles, Triples, Teams) The team with the best combine total time/and or points wins.

Spoiler:
Event #1 -The Decathlon

Goal - On a organized course(which I may do soon) Run, bike and swim/surf through out a chosen region and course as fast as you can.
Rules - Each athlete is given 5 repels and 1 max repel. A bump into a object is a 5 second add to your total time, and a Pokemon encounter is a 10 second adding.
(Solo & 5 athlete team competition)

Event # 2 - Defeating Whitney and Milktank

Goal - Defeat Whitney and her team as fast as possible
Rules - No OP teams (I'll have to add more rules)
(Solo & 3 athlete team competition)

Event # 3 & 4 - Pokemon Speed Hatchery
Goal - Breed and hatch as much Magikarp in an hour
Rules - Your able to use Ditto to breed, and Fire type Pokemon to hatch

Goal - Breed as much selected Pokemon in 2 hours. Individual athletes and team with the most points win
Selected Pokemon and Points System
Spoiler:
Magikarp - 1 Point
Pichu/Igglypuff/Cleffa - 2 points
Kecleon/Mareep - 3 points
Chikorita/Charmander/Mudkip - 4 points
Spiritomb/Dratini/Eevee/Aerodactyl/Snorlax- 5 points

Rules - Your able to use Ditto to breed and Fire type Pokemon to hatch
(Solo & 5 athlete team competition)

Event # 4 - Pokemon Battle!

Goal -
Become victorious in the tournament
Rules - No cheating
(Solo, Double and if possible triples)

NOTE: Even though its going to be a event outside of the Olympics but in the Get Together. This event has a Gold Medal on the line! <--- that's the difference.

Event #5 - 17 Types

Goal - Catch 1 pure type Pokemon of each 17 types of Pokemon as quick as possible. Quickest time wins.
Rules - No hacking to get them, and you can only use Pokeballs and you're unable to attack the Pokemon your going to catch.

Event #6 - World Champ!

Goal - Defeat Pokemon Champion at the highest difficulty (if possible) as quick as possible. Quickest time wins.
Rules - No cheating, duuuhhh. Each time you fail to defeat the Champion, 3 minutes will be added to your total time.
(Solo, doubles, and triples)

Event #7- Elite 4

Goal - Defeat the Elite 4 as quick as possible
Rules - No cheating, AND your unable to use potions, revivse, full restore or anything to help your Pokemon out before, during and after the battles. Your unable to save before any fights except the first Elite. Each defeat adds 2 minute to your total time.
(Solo, doubles, and triples)

Event #8 - Wheelies!

Goal - On a bike, keep a wheelie as long as possible without any distractions, while in movement. Longest time wins.
Rules - You cant stand still, you MUST be in motion.
(Solo)

Event #9 - Swimming/Surfing

Goal - On a planned out coarse, execute the coarse as quick as possible. Fastest time win
Rules - Each swimmer gets 3 -5 repels, each bump into anything is 5 seconds and Pokemon encounter is a 10 second add to total time
(Solo and 4 athlete team)

Event #10 - Running

Goal - On a planned out coarse, execute the coarse as quick as possible. Fastest time win
Rules - Each runner gets 3 -5 repels, each bump into anything 5 seconds and Pokemon encounter is a 10 second add to total time

Event # 11 - Biking

Rules - Each cyclist gets 3 -5 repels, each bump is 5 seconds and Pokemon encounter is a 10 seconds add to total time

Event #12-14 - Pokemon Training

Goal - Raise a single Pokemon to level 25(Event #12) 50(Event #13) or 75(Event #14) quickest time wins
Rules - No cheating, rare candy, exp share, or boosting.
(Solo and 3 athlete team)

Event #15 - Gym Leader Runs

Goal - Defeat all eight gyms in a selected region. Quickest time wins.
Rules - No OP teams, and no cheating.
(Solo, doubles and 6 athlete team)

Event #16 - The Medal Total Count

Goal - The Region with the most Gold Medals win.
Rules this implies with all events - You MUST be honest on the result you get in your events.

Yeaaa thats all I can make up right now. And most likely need some planning out and sign upa a weeks or days before the actual get-together starts. It can be fun. Hectic for organizers but a new experience, right? And plus competitors have a chance on winning a gold medal! Bragging rights for your Poke Region. And oh yea and set a World and Olympic Record!

So what you guys think?

Last edited by Iqid Loopz; September 2nd, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
Old September 2nd, 2012, 06:55 PM
Alex
Mmm, yeah
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hikari10 View Post
I think we should have a retrospective where we can all share our best moments from posts right down to VM's.

I agree with the PC History Trivia, cos it's fun.

Maybe even sharing some of our best PC moments via screenshot.
THIS.
Other than a Minecraft event, this would be AWESOME — reminiscing is my reason to live! <3
Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:24 PM
enigmα.
phantom bullet
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Well, for spriters like me, I would really want a big spriting with spriting categories such as splicing, recoloring, retyping, pixel overs, blah...blah...blah... event hosted by Logiedan & Abnegation. Well, if you really want to know the details, please PM me. I don't have much time to post anymore.

Then, maybe a trade-giveaway for Black & White owners. Like you post your FC & Version. Then, post your wish Pokemon & you get it for 'free'. By 'free' I mean trade in your most useless Pokemon or either any random caught Pokemon.

★ So, here are my wants ★
~Spriting competition (Details coming tomorrow)
~Trade Giveaway

I hope you guys will consider my suggestions.

~Mid, #GymLeaderElesa

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old September 3rd, 2012, 03:41 AM
rainerman3
The Guy With THE Aura

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Skype™ to rainerman3
Hey I just joined January 2012 and I have no idea what most of these events are. ^.^''
But I read Olli's. Suggestion on writing pokemon creepypasta, and it would be awesome. But I wouldn't probably write myself, since I'm bad at writing stories. Oh and what's this about a movie night? :3 Could anyone care to explain to me please?
Pokeanalysis: You are very mysterious like the ocean abyss, choosing not to give away your true intentions and feelings. People don't know much about you, as you don't strive to be the center of attention like most people. You love your close friends and would do anything to protect them and defend them. You are kind and intelligent, and very powerful. You are a lover of peace and tranquility and hate meaningless violence. This makes you like Lugia!
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:23 AM
Squirrel
This'll be a blast!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainerman3 View Post
Oh and what's this about a movie night? :3 Could anyone care to explain to me please?
Basically someone will stream a movie (most likely Pokémon related) using something called Livestream and everyone will be able to gather in the live stream's channel and talk in the chat box whilst watching the movie together :D
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:12 AM
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexOzzyCake View Post

Basically someone will stream a movie (most likely Pokémon related) using something called Livestream and everyone will be able to gather in the live stream's channel and talk in the chat box whilst watching the movie together :D
The movies don't have to be Pokemon-related, afaik.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 11:49 AM
Krazzikk

A scavenger hunt would be really cool! I also think we should have a Pokemon Gaming night/day :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
Yugioh tournament.

RS clan wars? (Divide up into teams of 4 or 5 (Or more/less depending on how many people we get) and see what team is best.)
I thought this was a Pokemon forum ._.

*Goes to the Q&A section*

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by Krazzikk; September 3rd, 2012 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 12:12 PM
Zwölf
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
We need iSketch somewheres in here.

And how about a Rom Hacking/Game Dev event?

Edit: Yes we need Lerroux to return for a week :x

And a photography event would be nice - It's getting nicer here, now if I don't have to fiddle with my camera I may enter that.
Yeah! Like that Idea! Like ludum dare only you have to create a pokemon hack within 48 hours. It could be called PKMN Dare .

Unzl.gba makes me sad
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:05 PM
Red99
World Champion

Nature: Rash
Okay, I know I'm new here, but I haves some ideas that I think should be considered. Also, I'm not sure if some of these ideas have been posted.
1. I agree with the idea of a ROM hacking competition, it would be fun.
2. A pokemon wi-fi battle tournament, using the Battle Colosseum room in PokeCentres.
3. A Pokemon contest, such as those in R/S/E, and D/P/Plt.

Don't listen to all those rumors about me, I'm just your average everyday Pokemon trainer!
Old September 3rd, 2012, 04:34 PM
PerseusRad
Cracked Egg

Youtube Contest. Makenthe funniest video you can and we rate how funny it is on a scale of 38. No being biased though.
Old September 3rd, 2012, 05:03 PM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
I think a game I call "The Great Egg Drop" would be really fun to play. So basically the way it goes is a PC member starts the game by posting an egg at the top of a thread(not disclosing what is inside), then the game begins. The first poster tries to guess what the egg contents are, if you guess right you win, if you guess wrong, you "drop" the egg and are out of the game. Then the next person tries to guess and either wins or "drops" the egg. The PC member who starts the game may or may not choose to post hints to what is inside the egg. The first person to guess correctly "catches" the egg and wins the game.

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:36 AM
Eeveelution Co-ordinator
Budding Breeder/Co-ordinator

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via Skype™ to Eeveelution Co-ordinator
I think we should have another Scavenger Hunt, Fan Fic writing contest, User Bar designing Contest and Art Competition!

White 2:
Old September 4th, 2012, 03:39 AM
Zeffy

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazzikk View Post
I thought this was a Pokemon forum ._.

*Goes to the Q&A section*
It is. However, it also caters discussion that pertains to other stuff too. And besides this get-together isn't a Pokemon anniversary celebration anyway, it's for the 10 years that The PokeCommunity has been up.

BY THE WAY, is there going to be another egg-hunt? If there isn't, then there should be! *cough*nica*cough*plan*cough*it*cough*

EDIT: I mean't scavenger hunt. The Easter event made me confused!

Last edited by Zeffy; September 4th, 2012 at 04:21 AM.
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:08 AM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeffy View Post
BY THE WAY, is there going to be another egg-hunt? If there isn't, then there should be! *cough*nica*cough*plan*cough*it*cough*
Nope, I have no plans to launch another egg hunt, not til Easter at least. A scavenger hunt isn't out of the question though, and even so I won't be hosting/planning it because I'm going to be involved in other things that'll take up the majority of my timeee.
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:49 AM
Hybrid Trainer
My Secrecy. My Advantage.

I'd like to see the pokemon special abridged event from the 8th together. It seemed quite popular and it was really fun to host too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
I think a game I call "The Great Egg Drop" would be really fun to play. So basically the way it goes is a PC member starts the game by posting an egg at the top of a thread(not disclosing what is inside), then the game begins. The first poster tries to guess what the egg contents are, if you guess right you win, if you guess wrong, you "drop" the egg and are out of the game. Then the next person tries to guess and either wins or "drops" the egg. The PC member who starts the game may or may not choose to post hints to what is inside the egg. The first person to guess correctly "catches" the egg and wins the game.
So you'd be guessing what pokemon would be in the egg or something? Either way I'd want to play it, sounds like a fun recurring game!

"I am confident that if anyone actually penetrates our facades, even the most perceptive would still be fundamentally unprepared for the truth of House Dimir."
-Szadek, Lord of Secrets

Old September 4th, 2012, 05:04 AM
Castform
The Snow Land Pokémon

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Castform
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hybrid Trainer View Post
I'd like to see the pokemon special abridged event from the 8th together. It seemed quite popular and it was really fun to host too.

So you'd be guessing what pokemon would be in the egg or something? Either way I'd want to play it, sounds like a fun recurring game!

Yeah. You try to guess what pokemon is in the egg. It could be any hatchable pokemon from Bulbasaur and onward!

"Legends in snowy regions say that a woman who was lost on an icy mountain was reborn as Froslass."
Old September 4th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Nica, when you said the events will be discusses in the IRC channel, do you have a specific time planned out yet?

Oh and I do support the suggested PC history events. (:
Old September 4th, 2012, 05:44 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
Nica, when you said the events will be discusses in the IRC channel, do you have a specific time planned out yet?

Oh and I do support the suggested PC history events. (:
Not really, just whenever Jake's on the most later I guess. Not sure if everyone is going to be receptive of GT discussion anyway, lool.
Old September 5th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Krazzikk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
Yeah. You try to guess what pokemon is in the egg. It could be any hatchable pokemon from Bulbasaur and onward!
Sounds like a good idea, and if we're lucky maybe me or someone else can provide eggs that we can give as rewards :3 (I like rewards)

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 5th, 2012, 08:27 AM
danaxe
I long for kyurem powerz

Nature: Serious
hey let's have another quiz night

Good trade shops:
I loveevee's
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here