The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Advertise here

Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:27 AM
Forever
let it go

Advertise here
Okay so I was just wondering this after battling a few people on the ladder with really close matches.

I know this matters to some and it doesn't matter to others, but does the amount of Pokemon you win with matter to you? Or do you prefer winning close matches, and therefore you feel better about 1-0, than say 6-0 or something? Even in general, does it depend on who you face (experienced or inexperienced) or do you value all battles equally, and judge them on the mistakes you made, or the good things you did? Share your thoughts!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 04:48 AM
Fairy
the hearing pokémon

I think there are benefits to both kinds of matches. That being said, yes I think the number of pokemon does matter, but only as a way to determine the quality of a match without like, reading the battle log. Personally, I do like a nice close round. Something that both sides had to put equivalent thought and time into. Proves the opponents are well matched, imo.
{pokemon fae} {PM me} {friend code}
{dream address} {TSV} {credit}
mega audino; healer

Old September 2nd, 2012, 11:07 AM
Fire Flyy
metaphysical poet

Nature: Sassy
preserve the 6-0!!!!!!

No I dont really care, although I do enjoy winning in commanding fashion over a good/decent player, after which the score is probably like 4-0 or 5-0
Old September 2nd, 2012, 12:06 PM
Evisector

Nature: Calm
A wins a win.

Number of Pokemon doesn't necessarily mean it was a close battle, could simply be a matter of revenge killing. There was one battle I saw that could have ended either way due to the amount of prediction both players had. One was able to remove the counters to and set up Lucario to bring the score to 4-0.

That being said, winning 6-0 does provide a sense of superiority to the victor
Old September 2nd, 2012, 01:21 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I like it when it's a close call. It's a lot more exciting for me. It's kind of boring when I win 6-0.

Wonder Trade!!!
Old September 2nd, 2012, 10:33 PM
AdrianD
Competitive Trainer

Nature: Serious
I hate losing period. Either it be 1-0 or 6-0 I hate losing. Its worse when you lose 0-6. Makes you doubt yourself as trainer.
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:09 AM
shnen

don't give a flying monkey's bottom unless it's against a friend so I can have bragging rights for winning 6-0

but yeah otherwise a win's a win and people who aim to protect Pokemon so that they can 6-0 even when saccing a mon would be the safer option are idiotic

Last edited by shnen; September 7th, 2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old September 7th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Mochi
Formerly AzaleaLightning

Nature: Sassy
Nope.

Although I remember gloating like a hog when I 6-0'd a friend with my Gastrodon lead.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here