The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old June 2nd, 2012 (08:42 AM).
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Hey im just curious to know which was your favorite oart in pokemon heart gold and soul silver and why.

My favorite part was the battle against Red and the reason why i liked it was because when i was 10 and new to emulation i had played gold version and had reached the final battle Red ..... i loved the background music and thoroughly enjoyed the battle.... and when i played heart gold it felt very nostalgic as it brought back memories when i was on a windows 2003 pc battling against Red.The only thing that surprised me was when Red had his Espeon replaced with a Lapras :O.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old June 3rd, 2012 (03:58 AM).
Laplace the mage
Wizard

Nature: Calm
I know this seems silly but my favorite part is how it was the same basic game as the original GS but the game is visually very very different yet invoke the same feelings as the originals as opposed to Leaf Green and Fire Red that was the same game.... inbalances in all only with a shiny coat of paint and upgraded battle system

Let's Play Pokemon Heart Gold!
Old June 3rd, 2012 (06:28 AM).
FrostPheonix
Eternity.

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laplace the mage View Post
I know this seems silly but my favorite part is how it was the same basic game as the original GS but the game is visually very very different yet invoke the same feelings as the originals as opposed to Leaf Green and Fire Red that was the same game.... inbalances in all only with a shiny coat of paint and upgraded battle system
I kno exactly how you feel

One of my favorites was that there were two regions SO MUCH MORE to explore! So much more to do post E4!
Old June 3rd, 2012 (08:04 AM).
SchwarzRozen
Sugary Delight

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to SchwarzRozen
I like the part of the Rocket Disguise, that was cool <3
Old June 3rd, 2012 (08:48 AM).
Plasmette
Master of Mediocrity.

The Team Rocket disguise. Only makes me wish there were optional storylines.
The next to that is starting the game. Because it is a remake of the best Pokemon game...
Old June 3rd, 2012 (09:04 AM).
The Fallen
Donator Tier 5

Nature: Calm
The game in it's entirety was my favorite. It brought back those feelings I felt as a kid playing my way through. The upgraded visualization was very nice as well.
Old June 3rd, 2012 (10:31 AM).
FearAddict
Addicted to Fear, as usually

My favorite part is when i battle lance with the old school music :D
Old June 3rd, 2012 (10:52 AM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
Of all the updates to GSC, my favourite would have to involve the music. Obviously the DS has much better speakers and processing power than the Game Boy ever did, and the upgraded score for the games utilises all of this new power appropriately. All of the old favourites like the Bicycle theme are rendered in high-ish quality sound, and some of the areas even have new songs. Of these, my favourite has to be the National Park's one, of which I could listen to it for hours. For years now, it's been my favourite piece of Pokemon music, and if you listen to it, it's easy to see why:

Old June 8th, 2012 (06:38 PM).
T!M
Four Category MoTY (VG) Winner

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
Of all the updates to GSC, my favourite would have to involve the music. Obviously the DS has much better speakers and processing power than the Game Boy ever did, and the upgraded score for the games utilises all of this new power appropriately. All of the old favourites like the Bicycle theme are rendered in high-ish quality sound, and some of the areas even have new songs. Of these, my favourite has to be the National Park's one, of which I could listen to it for hours. For years now, it's been my favourite piece of Pokemon music, and if you listen to it, it's easy to see why:

Absolutely agreed. My favorite music is this. Plus the artwork for the entrance gives you a comfy feeling.
Old June 11th, 2012 (05:29 PM).
Seeds Horizon
Gotta love that feeling~

Nature: Naughty
Seems like people are talking about updates and such, though ill say my favorite part was beating Lance. Dat feeling of accomplishment. It was amazing. Wasnt my first Elite Four beaten, but I think Lance was definitely the hardest for me, especially that third Dragonite. I hadnt brought any Ice types with me so I had to rely on Lugia. And then.. "Oh wait, you also have to explore Kanto!" xD

Ultimate Monotype Challenge- Electric
Yellow/ Crystal/Emerald/Diamond
Old April 2nd, 2013 (12:40 AM).
slim spazzy
Best Beta tester

Nature: Hasty
Please close this thread admin or moderator

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old April 2nd, 2013 (01:42 AM).
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave
Please don't revive threads over one month old.

[ Closed ]

Sponsored Links