The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old October 2nd, 2012 (09:31 AM).
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdthebud View Post
Finally a starter editor for Platinum!!! Thank you! Been waiting so long for this.

Unfortunately, If you select an edited Pokemon, your Rival will always pick Turtwig, even if you edit Chimchar's or Turtwig's slot and select that one. All the other starter editors I know of keep the original rival selections based on which slot you choose.

Seems like it could be an easy fix, but what do I know?
Yes, I know. Actually the rival doesn't choose a starter, but it has pre-programmed battles, depending on the chosen starter. I don't know if it exists a battle editor for platinum...

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old October 2nd, 2012 (04:01 PM).
qssrd
Unhatched Egg

What tools are compatible with HG/SS so far? *-*
Old October 3rd, 2012 (07:38 AM).
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by qssrd View Post
What tools are compatible with HG/SS so far? *-*
For now, DPP ItemED, DPP Attack Editor, DS Text Editor are compatible with HG/SS (and DS Palette Editor, which is universal), and now I'm working on DS Pokémon Editor for make it compatible with HG/SS, and also for adding a moveset editor.

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old October 9th, 2012 (09:08 AM).
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Hi everybody! I'm studying a lot these days, so I'm often absent on this forum. But anyways I managed to make a moveset editor! But it's not complete! I would like to ask if anyone is able to give me the offsets of the TM/HM compatibility, because I haven't got enough time for it (I tried to binary-compare two diamond roms with edited TM/HM (with PPRE you can edit them), but it take too long to find edited offset...).
So is anyone here able to find me the correct offsets? If yes, I'll put him in the credits .

Old October 23rd, 2012 (08:24 PM).
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Any chance you'll be able to fix the starter editor so that the rival chooses the correct starter instead of always turtwig? Seems like the flags need to changed, maybe?

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges (through Gen V):
Ultimate Monotype:

Ultimate Monocolor:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old October 30th, 2012 (07:14 AM).
qssrd
Unhatched Egg

It's been a while... any progress?
BTW, if you need a portuguese/spanish translator, I'm here
Old October 30th, 2012 (02:31 PM).
xeladude
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
Hey, I know basic italian so if you want me to translate the DS Yape into English or any other tools to English, I'd be more than glad to help.
Old November 1st, 2012 (06:12 AM). Edited November 25th, 2012 by JackHack96.
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Thanks to all! I've done a very small progress in early october (I've reprogrammed DS Pokémon Editor and I added a move-editor), but now I'm only studying and working during the evening (I need some money), so these weeks I haven't done anything...

I'll return on programming during christmas holiday, when I'll have much more time.

Old November 20th, 2012 (09:37 AM).
Lifesolstice
Magikarp Tail

Nature: Naughty
Really nice hacking tools! I haven't used them but I definitely will when I decide to hack IV generation games! I especially like: DPP Starter, DS Pokémon Editor, DS Text Editor, ans DPP Attack Editor.
Great Job!
Old January 7th, 2013 (06:25 AM).
JubiPop
Unhatched Egg

Wow dude im downloading them now they look awesome! definitely gonna use some of them
Old January 16th, 2013 (05:58 PM).
guraya
Unhatched Egg

I have a question. I loaded a clean PT rom with your pokemon editor. But every dragon pokemons' egg group is 'human-shape', not 'dragon'. What's wrong?
Old January 30th, 2013 (10:02 PM).
thizzman
PKMN rom maker and hacker

Wow I have never thought about hacking ds games.. This is a good idea (:
Ima try this out... Good job!

Pokemon Dust version GBA hack
This will be created By my team.
Team: Shadow Pokemon.

Thizz ready for epicness.
Old August 3rd, 2013 (11:18 AM).
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Hi everybody (It's been a while since last time I posted, because as I said I had to study for school). Anyway, in July I started programming a new tool, DS PokeHack Studio. After some request from my friends, I programmed DS PokeHack Studio as a stand-alone and cross-platform program (during the year I had to review C++ studies...). For now, DS PokeHack Studio can only modify texts, items, attacks, pokemon's stats, evolutions and movesets (the only new feature compared to the other tools is the moveset editor).
It is compatible with Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold and Soul Silver, in every language (without Japanese).
DS PokeHack Studio is in early development, so it has many bugs. Here I uploaded today's svn build, for people who want to give it a try. The Linux version source code is hosted on Launchpad, for programmers who are interested in it.

Link to SVN version 03082013
Launchpad page

I would like if people who try DSPHS and find some bugs would report it here.

Old August 16th, 2013 (12:53 AM).
lauerolus

The tool has worked for adding my pokemon changes so far, and is easy to use!

However, the tab ordering is terrible. That makes changing BSTs a huge pain.
Old August 18th, 2013 (12:07 AM).
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauerolus View Post
The tool has worked for adding my pokemon changes so far, and is easy to use!

However, the tab ordering is terrible. That makes changing BSTs a huge pain.
Thank for reporting the issue! I'll try to fix it in the next release :D!

Old August 18th, 2013 (04:18 AM).
lauerolus

I feel like a cad for reporting that, but it really helps if you're editing hundreds of things to have the Tab key work.

Another issue is non-selectable Physcial/Special spliting for moves, if that's possible/not already planned. Otherwise the move editor is great!
Old September 24th, 2013 (04:35 PM). Edited September 24th, 2013 by Sliter.
Sliter
Gaijin Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sliter
hey Jack! Thanks for this collection! I was crazy looking for something like this text editor like advance text XD my only problem is that I need something that I could extract and replace the texts for translating platinum to my language! (To helpme to share with the translation team)
But also it all are so much helpfull tools! I will give a better look soon! thanks!
Old September 25th, 2013 (10:26 AM).
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliter View Post
hey Jack! Thanks for this collection! I was crazy looking for something like this text editor like advance text XD my only problem is that I need something that I could extract and replace the texts for translating platinum to my language! (To helpme to share with the translation team)
But also it all are so much helpfull tools! I will give a better look soon! thanks!
Well, actually I abandoned DS Text Editor development because of DS PokeHack Studio, which is far better. In fact, DS Text Editor can't expand texts, while with DSPHS you can. If you want to translate easly use DS Text Editor, but you MUST PAY ATTENTION to the text lenght, otherwise you could have troubles.
Meanwhile I suggest you to use thenewpoketext: it's a bit more difficult to use, but it works pretty well, otherwise you have to wait for the next DSPHS release...

Old September 25th, 2013 (02:57 PM). Edited September 25th, 2013 by Sliter.
Sliter
Gaijin Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sliter
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Well, actually I abandoned DS Text Editor development because of DS PokeHack Studio, which is far better. In fact, DS Text Editor can't expand texts, while with DSPHS you can. If you want to translate easly use DS Text Editor, but you MUST PAY ATTENTION to the text lenght, otherwise you could have troubles.
Meanwhile I suggest you to use thenewpoketext: it's a bit more difficult to use, but it works pretty well, otherwise you have to wait for the next DSPHS release...
Oh I see, my main problens in needing to import/export the files to share with the little translation team and utilize some of an unfinished translation, but I think I will have to do this manually on thenewpoketext (it's over 600 THOUSAND files OTL)
I even looked for a way to convert the .bin files but unsucefully x-x I'm getting tired from being stuck here .
Well I think I will have to wait the release @3@ hehe
thanks for the answer!
Old October 7th, 2013 (05:18 PM).
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

Nature: Jolly
Awesome! Can you make an overworld editor please? That would be so good, and then I could finally try and hack this

Get your own one here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307712
Old October 9th, 2013 (06:51 AM).
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewery1 View Post
Awesome! Can you make an overworld editor please? That would be so good, and then I could finally try and hack this
Probably in the future I could add an overworld editor to DSPHS, for now there is BTX Editor

Old October 20th, 2013 (03:49 PM).
Airikita

Wow, nice selection of tools you have! You wouldn't happen to have one that edits music?

I can't seem to find Title Screen theme.

The Vocaloids battling with Pokemon? What could go wrong?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xI8YOOHlEXQ
Po pi po! (Pokemon Gold music import)
Check out my channel for more!
Old November 22nd, 2013 (12:32 AM).
ImmortalFrog

Your site is down. :/
I would post a screenshot but apparently this forum won't let me due to lack of posts.
Old November 22nd, 2013 (09:54 AM).
waZelda

I have used YAPE a lot and it's awesome, so I'm really interested in a DS version. With this I might hack a DS game after I'm done with my current project.
Old November 27th, 2013 (09:03 AM).
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Yes I know my site is down, it's because it generated more than 12GB of download which is my current limit. I think this is caused by spambot. I though I could set a limit for downloads, but this would make impossible for users to freely download things (because spambots could always download and finish the number of downloads).

So the best thing to do is to wait till I reach a certain credit on the site (so I ask you not to use AdBlock when you surf my website), I can buy some additional gigabytes for downloads (maybe 10GB).

For now you have to wait the 1st of December... (in fact, every month downloads are resetted)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links