The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 5th, 2012, 09:32 AM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed

POKéMON
THE ISLAND

Created by: D. Lawride / Gmack
Genre: Pokémon / Adventure / RPG / Action
Version: N/A
Started in: June 2012
Finished in: N/A

Intro

The Island was originally intended to be an entry for Pokécommunity’s Game Creation event, but ended up too big for that time frame. So instead it’s a “short” game being announced now. Of course, it’ll only have two releases: the first, finished version and any subsequent bug fixes. Since it was for said Event, work on the game is almost finished.

In a way, you could say that The Island is your generic Pokémon game with a trillion twists to it. Guilty as charged.

Storyline

The story begins the interval between the first generation and the second (RBY and GSC), shortly after Red returns home after defeating the Elite Four. While it seems that, with Team Rocket’s disappearance, peace has returned, both Red and Blue soon find out that the evil organization still has plans. In an unfortunate turn of events, both Trainers are caught and dropped on a remote island far away from Kanto.

After some exploring, they find that the island is not uninhabited, however; an elderly man named Redwood gives both a Pokémon, and advises them to journey across the island if they wish to return to Kanto. To do that, they would need to follow the steps of the Skirmishers of old - which is what the island’s inhabitants call trainers - and obtain the skills necessary to overcome all the obstacles they meet.

Even then, reaching their goal will not be as easy as they thought, as even the island itself plots against their success...

Features

Short segment of a Kanto in the years between RBY and GSC, in GSC style;
A completely new island to explore;
No Marts - only pick-up items and Apricorns;
No Centers;
95 secret caves to find to obtain the 95 TMs;
Several Legend of Zelda-like dungeons and puzzles;

Screenshots

Downloads

NONE YET

Credits

Tiles -» Nintendo
Sound Effects -» Nintendo
Pokémon Essentials -» Maruno/Poccil/Any associate/contributor
Old September 16th, 2012, 01:50 PM
Jayme Moore
Unhatched Egg

Just a quick question: Why use GSC graphics?

Not a complaint really but I'd like to see modern graphics. Personal preference I guess.
Old September 16th, 2012, 02:51 PM
Nintendork15
I'm gone. Bye.

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Moore View Post
Just a quick question: Why use GSC graphics?

Not a complaint really but I'd like to see modern graphics. Personal preference I guess.
Because G/S/C graphics are awesome.
And still just as good as B/W2 ones.

this looks good, I'll try it soon, just the last shot.

You've got the Essentials Menu GUI on a GSC battle screen.
Is that right?

EDIT: ... ''Windfish Isle'' ... Zelda?

Last edited by Nintendork15; September 16th, 2012 at 03:00 PM.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 06:53 PM
ROBO-BOY
The Monkey Man

Nature: Brave
So, when is this coming out? I thought you said it was almost finished...
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:20 PM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBO-BOY View Post
So, when is this coming out? I thought you said it was almost finished...
And it is almost finished; unfortunately, some struf (like college) got in the way and I was unable to develop it further (my actual project, Nightmare, as yet to receive proper updates too because of the same reason). Rest assured, it's almost complete. I'm going to try and get ahold of the person I was working with and see if we can actually finish this soon.

Sponsored Links