The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: Lugia or Ho-Oh?
Lugia 60 55.56%
Ho-Oh 48 44.44%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 17th, 2013, 08:10 PM
InfectedBeast
Trade With Me

ho oh is lame you cant really do much with him :/ so i prefer lugia
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:01 AM
satotaku
Generation 1's last hope

Lugia. THE coolest legend of any Pokemon movie aside from Mewtwo.
Old January 26th, 2013, 09:44 AM
DarkRisingGirl
Order Must Be Restored

Nature: Relaxed
In terms of design and battles, Lugia is more superior in my opinion. Ho-Oh is pretty much a useless Pokemon when you're battling competitively due to Stealth Rock removing half of it's HP as soon as it comes into the battle. Lugia's the best Defensive Pokemon in the game. No attack can 1-Hit KO it. As for Ho-Oh, 1 Stone Edge from the right Pokemon(even if Ho-Oh is at full health) can KO it.
Old January 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM
Addy

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Addy
Lugia was part of the reason why I chose to play Soul Silver, I still remember the Pokemon movie featuring Lugia that I saw when I was a kid.I wish they'd make a movie about Ho-oh though.

Friend Safari Type: Ghost: Shuppet, Phantump and Golurk
Friend Code: 4253-3789-0112

Vivillons I have: Polar, Modern, Elegant, Continental, High Plains, Garden, Meadow
pm me if you have a Vivillon I don't.
Old January 26th, 2013, 12:23 PM
PikachuAddict
Mime Jr.

Nature: Naughty
Lugia, because I played Silver and it was my favorite legendary because it was the easiest to catch.
Old January 30th, 2013, 05:16 AM
Pillowing
A dash of luck!

Nature: Quirky
I was always a huuuuge Lugia fan girl, admittedly I do still love that pokemon to bits!

But I personally had a lot emotionally invested into the pokemon games when I was in a relationship with someone. Lame, I know. So I ended up putting my pokemon games away for a year because it just reminded me of them...

So finally I dug them out again and instead of playing my SS game I decided to open and play the HG I had laying there. I clearly wasn't going to give it to my ex and my SS still stung... I'm really glad I did? It just helped re-open the world of pokemon to me and I feel like Ho-Oh the phoenix pokemon really helped me!

Now I'm kind of a big Ho-Oh fan! I even have been collecting plushies of the pretty birdy.

Hey, I'm AJ.
[DA][Tumblr][Charahub]
Old February 3rd, 2013, 04:51 PM
Master Magikarp

Ho-oh is superior in my opinion. I have used it in my Ubers Team for a long time. Sacred Fire also looked majestic to me. Too bad it has 4x weakness to Stealth Rock.
Lugia is okay but I was never a big fan of stall.
Old February 3rd, 2013, 06:35 PM
MonsterEevee
Unhatched Egg

lugia for sure. I have Pokemon: 2000 and i loooooovvvveeeee it. and from watching my friends battle i say lugia is a lot bulkier and can still deal as much damage as ho oh if used right.. so its lugia for me (i was never into competitive battling)
Old February 8th, 2013, 11:47 PM
Caelus
Gone

I've always liked Lugia ever since I watched the second Pokemon movie. I didn't even know what Ho-oh even was until a few years later when I got back into Pokemon. Plus I think Lugia has a more appealing design and I like Aeroblast more than Sacred Fire.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links