Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 6th, 2012, 02:48 PM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem

Advertise here
Are you someone who will purchase a new pair of shoes and is so self-conscious about them that you will go out of your way to make sure those shoes stay clean and perfect for weeks, perhaps months on end? Be it rain or mud, rocks or dirt - those shoes will stay spotless, even if it kills you! Or maybe you're just one of those who wears the same pair of shoes until you become accustomed to shoes without soles?

do you know what hurts most about a broken heart?
not being able to remember how you felt before...
try and keep that feeling because... if it goes...
you'll never get it back. ever.

Last edited by Antemortem; October 6th, 2012 at 03:39 PM.
Old October 6th, 2012, 03:35 PM
The Corrupt Plague
Missingno. hunter

I don't really care much for shoes and I'm someone who tends to go with whatever works. I can stay on the same pair for years at a time until they get too worn out to use anymore.

Credit goes to Team Brushfire for the awesome banner!
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:14 PM
Algo Fonix
oh god

Nature: Relaxed
No, not at all. They're made to be worn, so I don't bother keeping them spotless. I also wear them until the fall apart because I really hate new articles of clothing, jesus.
If you meet me, have some courtesy, have some sympathy, and some taste.
Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste.
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:08 PM
Morkula
Play the Game

I try to keep them clean as much as possible, but at the end of the day something that walks all over the ground all the time is going to get dirty. So no, I don't put too much effort into keeping my shoes clean.

Now if I like...step in a mud puddle and get them absolutely filthy or something, then I'll wipe them off. Once they start pulling apart and stuff I get new ones.

paired with cherrim ~ big brother of patchisou yutohru
4p games ~ 4p forums ~ backloggery ~ twitter
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:09 PM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Im that way with shirts, but not shoes. With shoes I just know they'll get dirty super fast.
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:01 PM
Sammi
I change my usertitle as often as PC changes slogans
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
I only care about the shoes if they're really, really muddy. Otherwise, I couldn't care less. Then again, usually the only shoes I wear are work shoes, which get covered in flour pretty quick. They're dirty from the first day I wear them to work. So I'm used to dirty shoes. :(
My FC is 1177-7075-4188
Dunsparce/Audino/Eevee Safari
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

It's the same with shoes and really anything that's new (other than my laptop. I had it for two years and I still guard it so much) that I own. I'm super careful to not damage it for a while and then it just slowly stops and I stop caring so much.
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:28 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

Nature: Adamant
Being a guy, I find shoes look better when they're worn and scuffed and dirty. Brand new shoes that are just shining with newness look awkward... so I tend to actually try to make them look as worn as possible as quickly as possible.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old October 7th, 2012, 04:33 AM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morkula View Post
I try to keep them clean as much as possible, but at the end of the day something that walks all over the ground all the time is going to get dirty. So no, I don't put too much effort into keeping my shoes clean.

Now if I like...step in a mud puddle and get them absolutely filthy or something, then I'll wipe them off. Once they start pulling apart and stuff I get new ones.
This basically. Though I do try and keep them neat. I will use the protecting spray on them and wash them every so often or change their laces once in a while if they are sneakers so they don't look tattered or anything.
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old October 7th, 2012, 04:39 AM
Guillermo
i own a rabbit heh
Community Supporter

I hate brand-new looking shoes because everyone takes it upon themselves to step on them and ruin them, which is just depressing for me. But eh if they get dirty then they get dirty.
credittoDukey
one life, one chance

| | le deux | | so-so-soulful
Old October 7th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Antemortem
wir sind alle freaks

Send a message via Skype™ to Antemortem
I try not to obsess over my shoes, but if I step in a puddle or do something that completely ruins the shoes, I'll softly curse the world.
Old October 8th, 2012, 10:49 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I don't care how nice my shoes look. I buy them for comfort and convenience, not for style, so as long as they don't start falling apart and stuff to the point where my toes/heel are seeing the light of day I'm fine with them.

I actually prefer an older, worn out pair of shoes to a brand new pair since the old ones are "broken in" and I'm used to how they feel.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old October 8th, 2012, 11:30 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
For the first few days I check regularly to see if they're not dirty. but after just about a week that habit wears off and I realise that it's inevitable that they're going to get dirty. When they're absolutely filthy, (covered in mud and whatnot) or are broken, I either clean them or replace them with a new pair!
moderator | lovely pair | PC live
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:27 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
For the first two weeks after I get the shoes I'm pretty protective over them, but after that I pretty much just stop caring. :/
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Last edited by Cosmotone8; October 9th, 2012 at 02:27 AM. Reason: STUPID CLOSING TAG
Old October 9th, 2012, 08:27 PM
Hannah
exceptionally ordinary

Nature: Calm
Blehh. I don't care about my shoes. I'm an adventurer, I adventure. I get down and dirty in mud puddles and I use rain water to wash the mud off. It's as simple as that.

i ii iii iv
you're just as
sane as i am

Old October 9th, 2012, 10:32 PM
Brendino
#fpt2014

Nature: Quiet
I really could care less what my shoes look like, and in all honesty, I haven't bought a pair of shoes since my senior year of high school (which was back in May 2010). As long as they keep my feet dry and don't have any holes or anything, they're good enough for me.

Favorite Pokémon Tournament 2014: DARK // NORMAL
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here