The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:10 AM
zephyr6257
Hi. I'm strange. Kthnxbye. :)

Wouldn't it be cool in Gen VI if you could purchase spray bottles filled with sleep powder, poison powder, etc?

That way, you don't have to bring your Pokémon who inflict status ailments, thus an extra slot for a cooler/stronger Pokémon?

My theory is, if you can wake up a Pokémon with Awakening, or even heal a poisoned Pokémon with Antidotes, can't you do the reverse?

That would be cool.
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Mr. Downstairs
Community Supporter

Nature: Lax
That seems kind of cruel to me. It's one thing for a Pokémon to poison another, but a trainer? Haven't you learned anything from N? :(
Old September 9th, 2012, 03:26 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephyr6257 View Post
Wouldn't it be cool in Gen VI if you could purchase spray bottles filled with sleep powder, poison powder, etc?

That way, you don't have to bring your Pokémon who inflict status ailments, thus an extra slot for a cooler/stronger Pokémon?

My theory is, if you can wake up a Pokémon with Awakening, or even heal a poisoned Pokémon with Antidotes, can't you do the reverse?

That would be cool.
As Patchisou said, that's downright cruel. Why would you status your own Pokemon manually? That's pointless, IMO.

On a random note, the Toxic and Flame Orbs, which are similar items to what you described (by inflicting the holder with Toxic poison or burn respectively), were designed to activate Guts, Quick Feet and Poison Heal.

Old September 9th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Zayphora
Don't mess with the lights...

Nature: Sassy
^Couldnt the items be Fling- based, like, you give them to your Poké and they use a Fling move to cause the effect on the other Pokemon, but if your Poké held it for too long they'd get the effect? Or maybe there could be a gimmick Pokemon or ability that transfers the effect of the item to the opponent. The item could be, like, a one-use sort of thing.

But spray stuff that the Trainer uses on the opponent's team? NO. Just...no.
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:00 PM
zephyr6257

NOOOO, you guys got it all wrong. >.> I meant it as in, spraying your opponent Pokémon. :l
Old September 9th, 2012, 06:54 PM
Khrysta

Send a message via Skype™ to Khrysta
Some of them saw that...the only issue is they aren't on your side of the field so how would you spray them?

Only way that could work is with a custom attack or make them into throwing items, but then again the only throwing items you can use on opponent Pokemon is Pokeball which is magically blocked. They could block the spray as well.
Old September 9th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Jak
eye of the needle

Nature: Timid
Quote:
NOOOO, you guys got it all wrong. >.> I meant it as in, spraying your opponent Pokémon. :l
So it could only be used on another trainer's Pokemon? I think that'd be worse. That would be like if someone poisoned my cat. Isn't it worse to do something like that to something that is loved by someone rather than just one in the wild that is posing harm to you? I don't know how everyone is "getting it wrong" really. How else are we supposed to get it? Wild Pokemon or not, it still seems cruel to spray poison or something on someone else's Pokemon. /N speech
Old September 9th, 2012, 08:14 PM
zephyr6257

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
So it could only be used on another trainer's Pokemon? I think that'd be worse. That would be like if someone poisoned my cat. Isn't it worse to do something like that to something that is loved by someone rather than just one in the wild that is posing harm to you? I don't know how everyone is "getting it wrong" really. How else are we supposed to get it? Wild Pokemon or not, it still seems cruel to spray poison or something on someone else's Pokemon. /N speech
But then, why the heck can you use Poisonpowder, or Stun Spore, or Sleep Powder with your Pokémon? Isn't it the same thing?
Old September 9th, 2012, 11:31 PM
Ninjagon
Back from a break.

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Ninjagon
It would be cool I guess for battling purposes, but I wouldn't portray it as fair play. It is pretty cruel as others have mentioned.

There aren't many Lions left in the world now, yet poachers still exist. Even though it is illegal it still happens. Don't have anything to do with poaching - Take pride in your actions (pun intended)
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links