Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page I can't wait for English class!

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

Old September 20th, 2012 (05:22 PM).
resident slacker
Crystal Tier

Nature: Brave
^I say this literally every Tuesdays/Thursdays. xD

When you are/were in school, you could have at least one subject that you love (or hate!). That one subject you adore learning about every day...and yet there's one subject you despise with a passion. I know the feeling, yup. :P

So, PC! What is your favorite school subject, and why? What is your least favorite?
Old September 20th, 2012 (05:26 PM).
Emile Hersch turned 30 today. Who the hell is Emile Hersch?
Platinum Tier

Nature: Adamant
French was always my favourite. I was really good at it and I found it really interesting and my teacher was a British woman, so I always looked forward to that class lol.

My least favourite was PE, for obvious reasons. Everybody hates PE. After tenth grade I didn't have to do PE anymore and my least favourite subject became English. I really really hated analysing texts for meaning... it seemed so pointless and it was way more difficult than it should have been. I love creative writing, but I can't stand analysing the works of others lol.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 20th, 2012 (05:28 PM).
HAIL HYDRA!
Platinum Tier

Math was my least favorite. It's systematic, and I can understand it easily enough. It was just so boring to me.

My favorite (in high school) was definitely my Independent Technology class. It was one of my favorite teachers ever and I got to work independently in her class while she was teaching another class. I worked on the schools website and I got to help her out with teaching her class.
Old September 20th, 2012 (05:28 PM).
Banned

Nature: Sassy
I barely remember school, but I enjoyed my Political Science and German courses in college. I had some awesome Poli Sci glasses... in one we learned about Congress, and another the Presidency. I got to act like President Bush in one :D It was amazing and so much fun. I also had two wonderful professors for those classes... man I miss them.
Old September 20th, 2012 (05:59 PM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I hated English class in middle school and that continued up to high school, when I started being okay with it in 12th grade; I didn't like English at first because I had a hard time generating ideas.

On the other hand, I was comfortable with math; I found it easy to solve the problems if I had the right formula in mind.

Old September 20th, 2012 (10:35 PM).
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Avishka
I LOOOVE MATHS!! also bcuz my teacher is very funny u should she the way she talks with some boys xD xD

I just hate civics and economics bcuz of my teacher. i always feel sleepy in that class and she gives a lot a homework and i hate completing my notes
Old September 20th, 2012 (11:04 PM).

Nature: Modest
Why you guys love Math? Honestly I hate Math since the way my teacher teaching isn't had a good result for me. Her sounds made me sleepy and never made some jokes. I ever sleep because I cannot do anything.

Technology - Information and Communication are my favorite. Its fused into one subject for studying all about computer and its family. I never feels bored because I can also play a computer. Next is English, I love it because playing a games is my hobby.
Old September 20th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Maths? No probs for me. Maths is literally me best subject & I don't even have to study for this subject whenever test/exams come up. Although my teach's method of teaching is just too boring that I tend to fall asleep.

My least fav has to be Mandarin since I come from a non-Mandarin speaking family & it's just so hard. My teach's always giving us super-hard, mind-cracking homework too.

This rounds it all up.
Old September 20th, 2012 (11:29 PM).
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote originally posted by Leaf Storm:
^I say this literally every Tuesdays/Thursdays. xD

When you are/were in school, you could have at least one subject that you love (or hate!). That one subject you adore learning about every day...and yet there's one subject you despise with a passion. I know the feeling, yup.

So, PC! What is your favorite school subject, and why? What is your least favorite?
I liked English class too, because I had the most awesome English teacher. Not only did she know her stuff, but she'd give us fun assignments... And let us have parties at the end of the year. But my best subject was art. The one class where I could get messy with paint and not have to sit at a desk all day.
Maths I didn't particularly enjoy... not because I was bad at it. It was just so............. boring. I spent maths class just daydreaming and doodling instead... Yet still somehow managed to pass by winging it :D

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old September 20th, 2012 (11:32 PM).
satisfaction brought it back
Moderator, CS

Nature: Adamant
I love maths as well as most areas of science - chemistry, biology and physics. I really dislike English, although I get quite good marks for it. If i had to narrow my favourite down I'd probably opt for Chemistry and Mathematical Methods.
Old September 21st, 2012 (03:03 AM).
bowties are cool
Moderator, BSCS

PE, absolutely. Unlike you blokes, PE almost always means free period for us. We could play any game we want at the gym and the teacher would also join. :3
Old September 21st, 2012 (03:22 AM).
If all we have is time then we'll be alright
Silver Tier

Nature: Quiet
My favourite? Definitely chemistry. While I have quite a few subjects I do like, chemistry tops them all mostly because it's one of the only subjects that I almost always feel like participating in as well as getting stuff done. For the most part it's really interesting, and I've pretty much always felt that way about it.

My least favourite would probably be German. It's not that the language is that difficult to learn, apart from the grammar being pretty different to any other languages I know, just more the teacher. Her methods of teaching are some of the most boring and off-putting ever, and I feel like I haven't really learned anything useful in that subject over the past year :/

Old September 21st, 2012 (03:25 AM).
James Sunderland
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
I loved IT, Drama, Music and English.
They were just ones that I enjoyed and my teachers made it very enjoyable.
Old September 21st, 2012 (03:29 AM).
Purupuru!

Favorite right now? Psychology. It seems fascinating, all those theories about stuff I never really think about like emotions. History too, but only because my teacher there is the best, discussing it like a story and inserting curse words at times.

Least liked? P.E. I'm not the most physical person, and I really have to try hard just to get a good grade.
Old September 21st, 2012 (03:36 AM).
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
Back in the college days, it was my Physics class I enjoyed the most. I liked all of my college classes though. During my GCSE classes however, I disliked History.
Old September 21st, 2012 (07:28 AM).
Momentai :D
Crystal Tier

Nature: Quirky
I absolutely loved Chemistry in school, it was so much fun. The teachers were amazing, the content was very interesting, and the people I was with were great. The whole class just had an amazing atmosphere, it was really nice :3 As for hated subjects... I'm not really sure I hated any, but I guess my least favourite was Maths just because the content was pretty dull. The class was still quite a lot of fun though, the people were great.

... lol I miss college now. :(
Old September 21st, 2012 (07:38 AM).
The Mad Hatter

It's weird that maths springs to mind because it's the only subject I really struggle with. I guess I just like the challenge.
Old September 21st, 2012 (08:14 AM).
Silver Tier

It was always something different. In high school I hated a lot of my English classes because of the teachers I had even though I liked English, and I didn't hate my Physics and Calculus classes even though I was failing those because I had a good teacher for both.

In college my Japanese classes were hands down the best and worst. There were two different teachers, one who was fun and clever and very smart and helpful, and one who was slow and hard to understand and never helpful.
Old September 21st, 2012 (10:21 PM).
The last Saskatchewan pirate.
Moderator, CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Up until high school, Math was my favorite class, because I always found it easy, and would always get A's in it while putting in no effort. Once I hit high school though, it stopped clicking, and once I actually had to work at it, I hated it with a passion, and it became my least favorite class.

Strangely enough, one of my three favorite classes in high school was Accounting. I had absolutely no trouble with that, and much like Math when I was younger, I passed with flying colors without even trying (but the class was boring, though). My other two favorites were IT and English, just because I genuinely enjoyed them, and I always had nice and helpful teachers for them.
Old September 22nd, 2012 (08:21 AM).
Angeline plushxKikaito plush

Nature: Naughty
English was just a boring not my dredded subject at school. that was French as my teacher seemed to give me too hard schoolwork.

my best subject which I loved was: Science because I liked the experiments we did in it.
Old September 22nd, 2012 (09:51 AM).
Page of Breath

Nature: Docile
I like English and German, they're easy to me being part German and having much experience with English.

Favorite is Greek though, i'm just a fan of learning new languages.
Old September 22nd, 2012 (11:57 AM).
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I love math. Its really easy for me since I'm just naturally gifted at math and the teacher is awesome.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 22nd, 2012 (12:55 PM).

Nature: Quiet
History for me, mostly lectures and little actual work which I adored.
Old September 22nd, 2012 (07:43 PM).
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lax
English class is mine this semester. My professor is incredibly thought provoking and funny, the class is relaxed, and the things we talk about are things I find to be very interesting. My least favorite class is sociology, which I'm taking online and I just can't retain the information. Wish I could take it offline, but I can't because of reasons.
Old September 22nd, 2012 (10:19 PM).
I'M ALL FIRED UP

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to Altairis
Well this semester I don't really have a particular class that I like, they're all alright I guess. Last year Science was my favorite definitely, and it wasn't even the class itself (I wasn't doing that well in the class) it was more the teacher. She was awesome and even when I failed basically all the tests she would somehow gather the patience to explain it to me (again).

English last semester was also pretty cool, it was definitely better than the others classes I had at the time.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)