Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

View Poll Results: who do you want for US president
Other 13 23.21%
Barack Obama 36 64.29%
Mitt Romney 7 12.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55

Advertise here
This election I was not happy. A choice between Obama or Romney than bang 3rd party cantidate here the candidates highlights

To comply with the rules im showing highlights and cons of other candidates
Obama :Killed osama bin laden, Likability, well spoken, relations with foreign nations.
cons: Illegal Immigrants allowed citizenship easier, broken promises, bad economist, supports sopa,
Romney: Sees China as a threat/rival, Better Immigration laws, oil drilling
Cons: a robot that unrelatable, repeal Obama care,For Sopa, Changes stances rapidly
I'm bais here so little warning
Gary johnson: pros (Many people haven't heard of him here a video)

con Not known, lack of support, lack of media coverage, and doesnt view China as a threat/rival
Now who do you want as president now that you have information

Last edited by Rodriguezjames55; September 15th, 2012 at 08:05 AM.
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:57 AM
Sodom
with a capital Y.

While I don't love that this thread is a thinly veiled attempt to promote a Presidential candidate, I'll allow it to live because it's topical and very relevant right now. Since we don't allow 'this or that' polls, I'm going to edit the poll at the top of the page to be more inclusive and let everybody know right now that they're free to talk about any presidential candidate they like. But I'd also like to remind you that this is a poll, not a discussion.

With that out of the way, if I were American I'd vote Obama. I don't look at economical issues because I'm sure each candidate has people who are equally capable of screwing everything up. My vote goes with the social issues, and Obama and left-wing political parties are more consistent with how I believe America and the world should progress.

"So this is why God bombed us."

Moderator of General Chat

Old September 13th, 2012, 02:26 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

fixed it i didn't post obama and romney cuz they are pretty well known
Old September 13th, 2012, 07:44 PM
TornZero
Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader

Send a message via Skype™ to TornZero
I only vote for Presidential Candidate Overlord Drakow. His platform (read: endless supply of super-soldiers) is very convincing.

Overall, Obama matches my own ideals, much like Shining Raichu here. I mean, both the candidates have equally crappy potential, but Obama should at least get a second chance to fix whatever Bush screwed up.

I will be moving my account to Songbird over the course of immediately. The signature will stay as is for posterity and reference.
Old September 14th, 2012, 02:50 PM
droomph
mmm gurl that 90s
Community Supporter

Nature: Impish
I don't like politics either, but whatever.

I would let Obama go another four years, because obv four years isn't enough to fix about twenty years of screw-ups :P
did u no there r 21 letters in the alphabet
o i forgot 5
uraqt

Old September 15th, 2012, 06:17 AM
Hikamaru
now i'm on the outside
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd go with Barack Obama, cos he's such an inspiring figure.

I'd love him to have another four-year term so he can fixed what Bush screwed up.
Old September 15th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Oryx
Of the pigeon, by the pigeon, for the pigeon
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Not surprised that PC is full of Obama voters.

I see economy as the same thing that Andy does. It's in a President's best interest to do what's most likely to pick up the economy, and Obama has shown that he's not afraid to agree with Republicans if it's for the good of the country (or rather, agree with them to get them to shut up and budge an inch from their far right ideals). So of course Obama would try his absolute best to fix the economy, with help from both parties. The only thing that worries me is that these past four years, Obama has tried and has been blocked at every turn by Republican Tea Partiers that filibuster anything close to compromise because it's not exactly what they want, and then argue that Obama hasn't done anything. So then the economy doesn't pick up, because surprise surprise, the President is blocked at every turn by hyper-partisan politics!

In addition to all that, I'm not an economist and I've never even taken an Economics class. I don't know what Reaganomics is, I don't know the positive and negative effects of different policies, and I don't know how to tell what's good economic policy and what's not. So voting on that, I would basically be voting blind.

So I vote on social issues, where it's not necessarily in the candidate's best interest to be progressive on. The social policies of the Republican party in general and Romney/Ryan in particular are terrifying, and would have scary consequences if elected. So I want them as far from the White House as possible.

I took a political test that said that I am closest to Jill Stein politically but I feel that no third party group really has a chance in this election because it's especially partisan, so voting for one is really just taking a vote from Obama and making it a bit less likely that he'll win.
Theme
Pair
VM
PM
Old September 17th, 2012, 06:28 AM
Altix
Son of a Snivy and a Zoroark

Nature: Docile
I clicked gary johnsen on accident. I meant Obama though.
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

finally another johnson voter i felt alone
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:45 AM
Playful_Weasel
let's be friends!
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Skype™ to Playful_Weasel
Not much into politics, but I don't like Obama or Romney, the only choice was other. I had a choice I would vote for some one else, I wish there was a third party candidate.
#1 Patrat & Watchog Fan Ever!! just love those PokeMeerkats!!
I also love the - PokeMustelids - PokeFelines - PokeFoxes too!
Current Challenges - sorry for no updates, been reorganizing my room
Random Challenge - Badges: 6/8 - game: X - Location: Route 15
Random Challenge - Badges: 2/8 - game: Y - Location: Geosenge Town
50/50 Challenge - Badges 4/8 - Game Y - Location: Lumiose City
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:25 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I'll be the only one voting for Mickey Mouse Mitt Romney. Not much into politics, but I still feel like I relate to him better than I can Obama.
I'm a silhouette, asking every now and then
Is it over yet? Will I ever feel again?
I'm a silhouette, chasing rainbows on my own
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old September 18th, 2012, 01:00 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersianTrainer View Post
Not much into politics, but I don't like Obama or Romney, the only choice was other. I had a choice I would vote for some one else, I wish there was a third party candidate.
their is gary johnson
Old September 18th, 2012, 01:32 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I'm really bad with keeping up with politics @_@ like.. really terrible.. I never know what's going on.. but with the pros and cons you've given I'd probably go with Obama though.. but either way I can't vote.
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old September 27th, 2012, 05:01 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

little news update gary johnson is sueing to get to the debates cuz of americas duopoly in politics
Old September 27th, 2012, 05:38 PM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Nature: Quirky
Yeah you can call me the uninformed voter, or non-voter for that fact. First election after I turn 18 so I was like oh I should vote and stuff, but I honestly haven't learned anything about the candidates, so my vote would be pretty much be random.
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:38 AM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Let's say I lived in America and I as a citizen and whatever, let's say that was all true. I would vote for Obama because quite simply, the other realistic option is far too terrible to imagine. I don't claim to understand the economy, because I understand 0% of it, but based purely on issues like gay marriage, abortion and the like, I'd vote for him because to me he is the best choice for America at this point in time.

I'll let Cher finish off this post for me:
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:21 PM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

who saw the debates and did it change your opinion
Old October 3rd, 2012, 07:23 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

The debates wont really change anyones opinion. Most people are already set in who they will vote for.

Obama 2012.
If you play the pokemon trading card game, or if you're just a collector, check out tradecardsonline.com, and be sure to put my name, demonshade, in the referral box if you decide to make an account.
http://www.youtube.com/user/ACDCRocks780
Old October 3rd, 2012, 08:03 PM
Wobbachomp
Donator Tier 1

If I was American, probably Obama... None of them seem too amazing to me though.
Interested in rare Pokémon giveaways for 5th gen games? Click here!
Old October 3rd, 2012, 09:26 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Ignore my last post *deletes*.
I'm voting Jill Stein.
Old October 4th, 2012, 06:37 PM
TheEnlightenedPokéManiac
Unhatched Egg

Mitt Romney is the better candidate for this term's election:

•Obama
Pros: (none that I can think if as his agenda is completely un-layed out because all he has been doing in his campaign is Romney bashing because he has nothing to run on that would benifit his campaign other than the fact that America is now a liberal nation which means of course they would like a liberal candidate)
Cons: Obama supports abortion (even late-term abortion and partial birth abortion, and if you don't know what a partial birth abortion is it is an abortion that occurs while the CHILD is being delivered ie. it has it's head a portion of the way out of the womb), his stimulus package cost America $153 BILLION MORE than the war in Iraq (the Iraqi war cost America $709 Billion where as Obama's failed stimulus package cost America $862 BILLION) he spent more in 3 MONTHS on a "stimulus" package than America as a whole spent in 7 YEARS on a war. Obama-"care" is a disgrace to America and the morals it was founded on as we seceded from England as it is an ADDITIONAL TAX that is unnecessary and forced health care which means that according to the United States Constitution is considered government overstepping its power and boundaries.
I could continue however I am running short on time.

So why is Romney the better candidate? The answer is simple; ANYONE is better than Obama and AMERICA cannot afford to spend another for years under the comunistic ideas and reign of Barack Obama.

God Bless and Help America!

When I get more time I will post the pros and cons of Mitt Romney... Oh and did you see the presidential debate yesterday (oct. 3)? If not go and watch it...

It will give you the jest of the two's agendas and the truth to their campaign tactics...

Last edited by TheEnlightenedPokéManiac; October 4th, 2012 at 06:42 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 4th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Mario The World Champion
Slice through the evil, Gundam
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Both candidates are weak. If Obama gets re-elected, he will most likely be a lame duck president if the Republicans keep control of the House or take control of the Senate, nothing Obama will propose will get by the polarized Republican base. Even if the Democrats retake control of the House, Obama could have done so much more when they had control of both parties in 2009-2010. The Obamacare controversy with that mandate about being FORCED to buy health insurance makes he despise him. He is not my Dad, telling me what to do.

With Mitt Romney, a little clarity wouldn't hurt. Does he have ANY plans for if he gets elected besides repealing Obamacare? How does he plan to get more jobs here? Are he and Paul Ryan going to destroy Medicare or improve it to make it function better? Is he going to enforce American law all over the world or have the country be an observer and helper to countries in need if asked? Mitt Romney never grew up as a normal person of the middle class, so I doubt he understands what we are going through. I just don't trust him.

Why am I thinking about this? Maybe because I (finally) registered to vote in this election. That and we got the Scott Brown/Elizabeth Warren Senate race in Massachusetts. I'm leaning towards Scott Brown because he actually does something neither political of either party does these days: Compromise.

tl;dr, both candidates are buffoons, both Johnson and Stein have a snowball's chance in Hell of succeeding, hyperpartisianship is rampant, both parties are fractured, compromise is forbidden, both parties can't make a decent budget, we are giving money to countries that have terrorists kill our ambassadors, China will own us and everyday people still can't get a job.

The tunnel is still dark and I don't see a light in the end.

Banner made by Angela || Pair: Lucy
Friends: Lucy, Angela, Jen, Sammi-san, Jeremy the Sweetie, Signomi
Fanfiction.net page || DeviantART Page || Twitter || NaNoWriMo Page

Ash Ketchum: Formula One Driver
The Pokemon Tower's Best In Category Crossover Award Winner October 2005
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8258-5085
Friend Safari: - Meditite, Pancham, Riolu
Shiny Value: 1672
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:30 AM
LilJz
This is how we do!
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I'm canadian so I can't vote for which president haha.
But we're having an elections ourselves for the next prime minister pretty soon also =P
♥Plusle bro of Autumn Reverie♥ | ♥Pink Mommy, Autumn Reverie, Kanzler, Macarous & Apollo♥
|3DS FC|
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:58 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

I voting for gary johnson (if you didnt know) even tho im 16 (Harlem doesn't check any thing) any way ideology wise he fits where i go
cuts unnecessary programs (unfortunately obama care one of them)
he will let churches do what they want with marriage (obama will force them to marry gays) while making legal
less taxes and my favorite limiting drug cartells power by making weed legal
durring the debates i saw this with it and i found obama and romney failing during the debate at least theirs a new meme
Old October 6th, 2012, 06:04 PM
Jackrico77
Micheal

Nature: Quiet
Gary Johnson on the sheer note that i hate all the other candidates
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here