Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > The Treehouse
Reload this Page Who would you vote for in the Presidential election?

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

The Treehouse For the everyday ramblings of the masses.

View Poll Results: who do you want for US president
Other 13 23.21%
Barack Obama 36 64.29%
Mitt Romney 7 12.50%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 6th, 2012 (06:39 PM).
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote originally posted by Rodriguezjames55:
I voting for gary johnson (if you didnt know) even tho im 16 (Harlem doesn't check any thing) any way ideology wise he fits where i go
cuts unnecessary programs (unfortunately obama care one of them)
he will let churches do what they want with marriage (obama will force them to marry gays) while making legal
less taxes and my favorite limiting drug cartells power by making weed legal
durring the debates i saw this with it and i found obama and romney failing during the debate at least theirs a new meme
You act like this is a bad thing.
Old October 6th, 2012 (07:13 PM).
Who cares to know, eh Bubbles?
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
Seeing as how I live in a solid red state and my vote doesn't mean jack anyway, and seeing as how my preferred candidate finally was placed on the ballot here recently, my vote is going to go to Jill Stein. However, if I had to choose between the big two, Obama > Romney, for sure.

Old October 6th, 2012 (08:12 PM).
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
Quote originally posted by Demon.:
You act like this is a bad thing.
difference between letting them be legally married and forcing churches to marry them heard of separation between church and state
Old October 6th, 2012 (09:01 PM).

Well if he legalized gay marriage, a church would have to marry them or they would be breaking federal law.
Old October 6th, 2012 (09:33 PM).
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

exactly why it breaks the 1st ammendemt
Old October 6th, 2012 (09:53 PM).

so gay people shouldnt be allowed to get married? Because the Christian bible says they shouldnt lay together? It says nothing about them getting married. So it wouldnt break the first amendment. It shouldnt be banned in the first place, but whatever.
Old October 6th, 2012 (09:58 PM).
<<Wandering Bard>>
Moderator, CS

Nature: Sassy
President Obama for Electability and achievements during his first 2 years. Jill Stein of the Green Party for promoting most of my principles. Hmm...choices, choices.

Such is the dilemma of the Electoral College. Hell If I could I'd vote for Social Democrat Bernie Sanders as my senator, and Nancy Pelosi as my Representative. Then again having Henry Waxman as my congressman isn't half bad.
Old October 6th, 2012 (09:59 PM). Edited October 11th, 2012 by donavannj.
KYON-KUN, DENWA
Moderator, CS

A church isn't the only place a legal marriage can be held, gentlemen. My parents were married in a courthouse, and I'd assume any gay marriages would be the same way my parents' heterosexual marriage was (conducted in a courthouse instead of a church). I highly doubt Obama would actually force the churches to perform marriages (among other things, he doesn't have the power to make such a mandate on his own), seeing as a church marriage is for ceremonial religious purposes, which the biggest reason gay marriage supporters want it legalized in all states is so that gays are equal in the eyes of the law and can receive the same tax benefits heterosexual couples do.

EDIT: Also, I'm likely voting for Barack Obama, especially due to major flip-flopping on Romney's part with regards to his opinions and plans. Also because Romney lived a very privileged life from birth.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old October 6th, 2012 (10:50 PM). Edited October 6th, 2012 by Rodriguezjames55.
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

im aware of that and i heard that he was forcing churches to do that probably not a good idea to listen to a religion teacher and before you sat im a right wing extremist my familly is Democrats im liberaltarian
Old October 11th, 2012 (12:13 PM).
Thanks for everything.

Nature: Serious
Well, since I'm not from America, I would probably vote Obama. I think that Mitt Romney's mannerisms is too much like PM David Cameron, and I think that America will sink even further if Romney gets in. That's just my opinion.

The Get Together will be my final event here. I'm finished afterwards.
Old October 11th, 2012 (12:44 PM).
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
I am an eligible American voter, and analysis indicates the following:

Pros for Obama: Is a great orator
Cons for Obama: Campaigns instead of doing job, weak foreign policy, has caused mass unemployment and many people have quit looking, supports illegal immigration, has no leadership skills, lies in campaign ads, has nothing to run on, raised the cost of living but lowered personal income, has no idea what he's doing, wants to keep funding everything with taxpayer dollars, is probably a puppet

Pros for Romney: Has a track record, can work with both sides, will cut taxes and cost of living, picked a good running mate
Cons for Romney: Has been out of the scene for a while, doesn't have the presence, says a lot of things that make him look ignorant, has weak job promises, isn't running a good campaign, [may] support SOPA, sometimes changes his mind [not as much as John Kerry but still]

...I'm leaning Romney, really. I can think of more good things for him and more bad things for Obama. It's really a tough call, though, because Obama has been an awful president. Would Romney be much better? Probably not.

Back in 2008, Obama said that if he didn't fix the economy, he'd be a one-term president. That should be true. I say we put Romney in, then install someone else who isn't radical left like Obama or radical right like Dick Santorum. We need a change every four years until we get someone capable like Ronald Reagan or JFK.
Old October 11th, 2012 (01:04 PM).

Obama put that economy back on track.
Old October 11th, 2012 (02:23 PM).
Slice through the evil, Gundam
Crystal Tier

Nature: Relaxed
I have to disagree with that. Unemployment is still high. It could be even higher if they counted the discouraged workers and the jobs that are created are low-wage. The looming fiscal cliff will hurt this country more than we know even if Obama is re-elected or Romney is elected.

I fear the people in Congress WANT to bring this country to ruin since all they do is bicker like spoiled children most of the time. They say that they'll wait after the election to do something, but after seeing that poor excuse of a "super-committee" fail, I really think very poorly of the children in Congress.

Banner made by Angela || Pair: Lucy
Friends: Lucy, Angela, Jen, Sammi-san, Jeremy the Sweetie, Signomi
Fanfiction.net page || DeviantART Page || Twitter || NaNoWriMo Page

Ash Ketchum: Formula One Driver
The Pokemon Tower's Best In Category Crossover Award Winner October 2005
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8258-5085
Friend Safari: - Meditite, Pancham, Riolu
Shiny Value: 1672
Old October 11th, 2012 (05:06 PM).
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
Quote originally posted by Mario The World Champion:
I have to disagree with that. Unemployment is still high. It could be even higher if they counted the discouraged workers and the jobs that are created are low-wage. The looming fiscal cliff will hurt this country more than we know even if Obama is re-elected or Romney is elected.

I fear the people in Congress WANT to bring this country to ruin since all they do is bicker like spoiled children most of the time. They say that they'll wait after the election to do something, but after seeing that poor excuse of a "super-committee" fail, I really think very poorly of the children in Congress.
Obama is probably worse, given how he has no leadership stills. Romney... well he hasn't proven he can propose a decisive plan that will get things done.

Congress? They're more like Neanderthals. They have no idea what they're doing, and they're a partisan war zone that does whatever their leaders want. I say we fire everyone in Congress. Vote ALL of them out of office, and get new blood in to actually, you know, run this country the way the Founding Fathers wanted, instead of leech off of its taxpayers. It's pathetic. It's Congress that is ruining this country more than the President, but the most damage was caused when Congress was in complete control of the Democrats - both under Bush and Obama. I'm REALLY unhappy with the Democrats right now. And I'm not at all happy with the Republicans, either.

Let's start a third party, guys. That way, we can get somebody Gary Johnson elected in 2016.
Old October 11th, 2012 (05:07 PM).
Too Legit To Quit

Nature: Naughty
Haha, nice one.

God, I miss Ron Paul. Obama didnt really do anything except Obamacare and that was just another step toward despotism. But, Romney is just unlikeable as a person and I disagree with alot of what he says. If I was 18 I'd stay home. Other, ftw!
Old October 11th, 2012 (11:11 PM).
The last Saskatchewan pirate.
Moderator, CS

Nature: Careful
Send a message via Skype™ to Osiris
Being a Canadian watching this election from the outside, it's always interested me how different the two countries are in terms of politics despite being right next to each other. Here, we've got 5 different parties comprising the government (the second largest being a social democratic party), yet for the U.S. there's no real option outside the big 2.

If I were an American but the U.S. used something similar to Canada's voting system, I'd probably choose Gary Johnson. However, since the only two realistic choices are Obama and Romney, I would choose Obama. While I wouldn't say I'm a supporter of his, I just don't think that Mitt Romney makes a very strong candidate, especially seeing him flip-flop on some of his stances.
Old October 13th, 2012 (06:05 PM).
trying to be cool
Gold Tier

Nature: Quiet
If I were an American citizen, I'd vote for Barack Obama. Ever since he became president, the Philippines, where I live, is now highly associated with America. And I like black presidents.
“You see, love liberates. It doesn’t bind. Love says I love you, I love you if you’re in China, I love you if you’re across town, I love you if you’re in Harlem. I love you. I would like to be near you, I’d like to have your arms around me, I’d like to hear your voice in my ear. But that’s not possible now. So, I love you. Go.”

Old October 13th, 2012 (08:46 PM).
Too Legit To Quit

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Laugh:
And I like black presidents.
Racism. I always felt that was the only reason he got elected in the first place was because hes black. Hes not even black really, hes barely brown. I remember in 08 all the Gobama folk at my school said if you dont vote for Obama your a racist. It aint right. People just ignore his views and vote for him because "Omg first black prez!" or "Omg I dont want people to think Im racist!"
Old October 14th, 2012 (11:27 AM).
idk

Nature: Brave
Obama. Mostly because I haven't payed attention to the 3rd party canditates, and I hate Romney with a fiery passion. Obama also seems to have proved trustworthy for the last 4 years.
Old October 22nd, 2012 (05:06 PM).
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

debates on no Johnson hes up to 10% now
election day almost here
Old October 22nd, 2012 (06:03 PM).
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by AChipOffTheOldBrock:
Racism. I always felt that was the only reason he got elected in the first place was because hes black. Hes not even black really, hes barely brown. I remember in 08 all the Gobama folk at my school said if you dont vote for Obama your a racist. It aint right. People just ignore his views and vote for him because "Omg first black prez!" or "Omg I dont want people to think Im racist!"
You think the only reason Obama got elected was because he was black? On this large a stage you think race was the determining factor?

And I'm not voting. From what I've heard, both candidates have ups and downs and I don't feel like I could make a decision anyways.
Old October 23rd, 2012 (06:06 AM).

Quote originally posted by Rodriguezjames55:
con [...] doesnt view China as a threat/rival
I can't help but see that view as representative of what's wrong with the US, but this thread isn't about American imperialism... well it is, ultimately, but... from my outsider perspective, Obama is the most reasonable leader the US has had in quite some time.
Old October 23rd, 2012 (07:30 AM).
Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Crystal Tier

Send a message via Skype™ to Ivysaur
Well, I'm part of that 90% of Europeans who cringe at the thought of someone from the Republican Party ruling the US, so it's pretty obvious.

I always love how different we are when someone talks about how Obama is "extreme left". In our views, Romney would be off-the-charts-right and Obama a moderate somewhere between Conservatives and Labour/Social-Democrats. And then someone like Gingrich would be in an asylum. If someone tried to build a political agenda around spreading private healthcare in any EU country, he'd be attacked by torch-wielding angry mobs during every public speech, not be nominated for President.
When you're sleeping through the day
And I'll tell you how you missed it
When you wake

Formerly a super mod
Old October 23rd, 2012 (11:41 AM). Edited October 23rd, 2012 by awolfsquared.
No thinking. Just stupid.
Gold Tier

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Skype™ to awolfsquared
This is my first time voting in a presidential election and I honestly I don't care enough for either Romney or Obama to vote for either one. Romney can say some foolish things sometimes, though Obama hasn't impressed me enough in the last 4 years. Then again, I don't pay attention to politics alot. I'm more of a independent person, I support both Republican and Democratic ideas. So either I will go for a 3rd party candidate or not vote at all.
Old October 23rd, 2012 (11:55 AM).
Nyeh?
Gold Tier

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
If I could vote, I'd vote for Obama. IMO, he did a good job as president so far. I don't care much about politics, so yeah.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)