The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old February 19th, 2013, 02:26 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
Here is an update for Littleroot Town by me:

but for some reason other maps i insert has a different height level. I wonder if it's because of the terrain editor.
Have you complete all maps so all you have to is insert them??

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 19th, 2013, 03:59 AM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
Have you complete all maps so all you have to is insert them??
I've only completed editing all the maps up to Petalburg City, I'm still having a hard time inserting other maps, and I must restart on some because I have to use the same maps with the same terrains so my map connections aren't messed up or bugged.
Old February 19th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
I've only completed editing all the maps up to Petalburg City, I'm still having a hard time inserting other maps, and I must restart on some because I have to use the same maps with the same terrains so my map connections aren't messed up or bugged.
Well but its still awsome. And i question i have. Is it able to make a full hoenn remake with the hack tools we got so far??

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old February 23rd, 2013, 09:07 AM
Cooldudepoke
Unhatched Egg

Hello, i don't know if i've ever posted on these forums before but I do have a suggestion for this tool.

Couldn't you make it work like advancemap by having predefined tiles/models such as tall grass, trees, etc. that is placed like with gba mapping and then have it combine all the models into one .obj and then convert it(or make a converter)?

--------------------------------------

Also I know how to export and import the maps correctly but I don't know how to actually model them in sketchup. My friend showed me how to use sketchup, but I don't know how to model without screwing up the map. For example when I tried to model littleroot town from twinleaf i deleted the fences painted the flowers and sand to be grass, added trees, etc. it looked fine in the editor except for it looked like it had issues on "No textures" mode where some things looked like they had holes or something and entering the map in game resulted in a crash saying something about "Invalid GX command ########" where # are random numbers and the message wouldn't stop popping up until i closed the emu itself.(No$Gba). Any help would be appreciated.

Also Spiky, do you have skype, it would be easier for asking questions.

Thanks for the tool

Edit: Another suggestion that is important is map connections but you probably already have it planned
Old February 23rd, 2013, 10:21 AM
xalien95
Creator of Pkmn Omicron [ITA]

Send a message via Skype™ to xalien95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldudepoke View Post
Couldn't you make it work like advancemap by having predefined tiles/models such as tall grass, trees, etc. that is placed like with gba mapping and then have it combine all the models into one .obj and then convert it(or make a converter)?
I hate this idea.. a lot of useless work and impossibile to realize.
Each tree isn't made of one model, all trees are a single model with larger and smaller faces: you cannot copy-past trees in that model without create new faces with different lenghts (and texture them). The same for grass, cliffs, etc...
Old February 23rd, 2013, 02:01 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldudepoke View Post
Edit: Another suggestion that is important is map connections but you probably already have it planned :P
Hate to rain on your parade, but that was one of the first things implemented. That's accomplished by editing your map matrix.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old February 23rd, 2013, 08:13 PM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Quote:
Cant wait for this remake of ruby and sapphire you got planed.
Do you plan on music hacking too? Or will the dive feature be implemented?
Old February 24th, 2013, 07:03 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Sorry for the lack of updates, but today I have a screenshot that is worth a thousand words. Thanks to Link_971 we now have a French translation of the tool (German and Chinese on the works as well), and HGSS scripts are nearly done.

However, one of the most interesting additions in version 1.7.0 will probably be Generation V support for headers, matrices and maps (the latter partial). It began as a test branch, but now it's official in the main version and you'll be able to edit any of the four games in all languages.

Thanks for your support, enjoy the picture!

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!

Beta 2 available!!

Old February 24th, 2013, 07:22 PM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
Sorry for the lack of updates, but today I have a screenshot that is worth a thousand words. Thanks to Link_971 we now have a French translation of the tool (German and Chinese on the works as well), and HGSS scripts are nearly done.

However, one of the most interesting additions in version 1.7.0 will probably be Generation V support for headers, matrices and maps (the latter partial). It began as a test branch, but now it's official in the main version and you'll be able to edit any of the four games in all languages.

OMG what a beauty!!! Thanks Spiky for sharing this.....
Old February 25th, 2013, 05:17 AM
Hacker Bisharp
Bug reporter

Nature: Gentle
Finally an update! Great! Can't wait for the next release!

And i'm a good bug reporter. Contact me if you want :D

Old February 25th, 2013, 05:52 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:

Wow awsome to see you´re still working on this

Old February 25th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:

Now this would be excellent and would make life alot more easier with doing scripts for the games, knowing that it's currently only possible by doing it manually and using a LUA script to find out it's location in order to find out where it is.

I'm looking forward to the next version! Best of luck to you, Marc! ^^

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 25th, 2013, 09:07 AM
xalien95

I want it now!!!
I've downloaded maya and now I "could" make model animations (I hope)!!!
Old February 26th, 2013, 06:58 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post
I want it now!!!
I've downloaded maya and now I "could" make model animations (I hope)!!!
As long as you've got Maya 7.0 along with the Nintendo NITRO-System plugins for it, then you're good to develop models and export them as .imd (Nitro Intermediate Format). Then converting it with g3dcvtr.exe and importing them with SDSME, which can already be achieved... though I'm not sure about the animations of the models though.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old February 26th, 2013, 03:56 PM
Lugiaz Soul
I support Crystal Dust

Nature: Naughty
That looks so good! I'm really now just waiting for a RSE remake. That will be so awesome!
Old February 27th, 2013, 02:13 AM
xalien95

Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
As long as you've got Maya 7.0 along with the Nintendo NITRO-System plugins for it, then you're good to develop models and export them as .imd (Nitro Intermediate Format). Then converting it with g3dcvtr.exe and importing them with SDSME, which can already be achieved... though I'm not sure about the animations of the models though.
Yeah, I have Maya 6.0 and the Nitro plugins. I made an arceus model (not animated atm) to replace the white kyurem one in the Pokémon White 2 splash screen (title screen).
But the nsbmd of arceus has different size (byte size) than the kyurem one and if I replace it all the narcs above will be moved down causing rom crash. XD

To do animated nitro system binary models you need only to export also the animation (.ica) with the maya nitro plugins.
Old February 27th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by xalien95 View Post
Yeah, I have Maya 6.0 and the Nitro plugins. I made an arceus model (not animated atm) to replace the white kyurem one in the Pokémon White 2 splash screen (title screen).
But the nsbmd of arceus has different size (byte size) than the kyurem one and if I replace it all the narcs above will be moved down causing rom crash. XD

To do animated nitro system binary models you need only to export also the animation (.ica) with the maya nitro plugins.
If you use ndstool to break apart the rom by it's filesystem, you can replace any file regardless of it's size, then use the tool to rebuild the rom.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old February 27th, 2013, 03:23 PM
Chaos Rush
im sexy and i know it

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
Actually there's some other steps you have to do, but I'm not quite sure of what. If you do exactly what you said, then the model when you import it into SDSME will look all weird and have blank textures.

The Chaos Emerald ROM Base (it's gonna take awhile)

DS-style 64x64 Pokémon Sprite Resource NOW COMPLETED
Custom Sugimori-style Pokémon Sprite Resource IN PROGRESS

Non-Pokémon hacks I support:
Sonic Classic Heroes
Sonic 3 Complete
Old February 28th, 2013, 12:58 PM
RockeTODAMoon
Swaggernaut

Quote:

Awesome progress man!
I hope you will be online soon on Skype, I've alot to talk about :D

Old February 28th, 2013, 03:06 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockeTODAMoon View Post
Awesome progress man!
I hope you will be online soon on Skype, I've alot to talk about :D
I've been offline this week because of a small vacation, now I'm back working on SDSME. Today I finished implementing the German strings into the tool, which makes it already available in 5 languages. I hope this version will be awesome for you all.

By the way, I've seen today an early OBJ->NSBMD converter that does the trick without plugins or anything else. I think this may open DS hacking to even more people

Beta 2 available!!

Old March 1st, 2013, 05:45 PM
pitoflauta
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
I've been offline this week because of a small vacation, now I'm back working on SDSME. Today I finished implementing the German strings into the tool, which makes it already available in 5 languages. I hope this version will be awesome for you all.

By the way, I've seen today an early OBJ->NSBMD converter that does the trick without plugins or anything else. I think this may open DS hacking to even more people
I´m sorry for asking you, but could you say me where? because i have the models but i can´t convert them into nsbmd, it´s the only problem I have tto create my game.

thanks for all, and I am waiting for the update too :D
Old March 2nd, 2013, 02:17 PM
Nyndyll
PD : O Creator

I'm viewing the list of internal names of the maps in pokemon platinum and don't know which is which. Is there a way I could change the names to the ones you see in the game?
Old March 3rd, 2013, 12:25 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyndyll View Post
I'm viewing the list of internal names of the maps in pokemon platinum and don't know which is which. Is there a way I could change the names to the ones you see in the game?
Of course you can change them, as long as the name doesn't exceed 16 characters. Also, keep in mind it's only for the game you are editing, not for every game you open since editing the names

EDIT: Version 1.7.0 is now available for download. It introduces the script viewer, and most importantly, Gen V support. Other minor additions and fixes have been done as well, like a new coordinate system in the buildings editor, a trainer class editor or a sound file list. Hope you enjoy it!

http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Beta 2 available!!

Last edited by Spiky-Eared Pichu; March 5th, 2013 at 10:31 AM.
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:17 PM
Cooldudepoke
Unhatched Egg

Yay, Downloading 1.7.0 Now =)

Edit: Loading HGSS crashes the program :/

Last edited by Cooldudepoke; March 5th, 2013 at 01:54 PM.
Old March 5th, 2013, 01:57 PM
GoGoJJTech
アルファ近く

Me too people! Im downloading it

Sponsored Links

Advertise here