The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old September 8th, 2013, 12:55 PM
Trifindo
POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
Seeing the "Can not activate the GL rendering context" issue is not limited to a single person and seems to be more common, I decided to compare the actual code with that of SDSME 1.7.0, because up to that version there were no problems. I have found two commands which are supposed to run on startup and refresh the 3D renderers, and thus far I've been able to remove them without breaking the tool. Next version will include the change, and hopefully it will fix the issue. Sorry.

I'm also working hard on scripts. Pokémon Black 2 and White 2 aren't supported yet, but hopefully in 1.9.0 they will work (with limited support, script plugins won't work). There's an important bug in the current script engine too, which makes all Gen IV and V games to freeze during execution when compiling certain movements. In order to fix it, I'm rewriting most of the engine and scripts will now be loaded separately, even inside the same file.

Finally, I'm writing a PDF user's guide for SDSME. The guide will be included and updated every time I finish a new section, and will include pictures and complete explanations of everything.

I hope you're enjoying everything in SDSME. See ya

Thanks a lot Spiky!
Please continue with this awesome tool. :D
Old September 15th, 2013, 03:38 PM
destinedjagold
Oh Hai Thar~ 'ω'
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Finally, I'm writing a PDF user's guide for SDSME. The guide will be included and updated every time I finish a new section, and will include pictures and complete explanations of everything.
That would be useful. Thankies~ :3
Old September 17th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Bond697

how are you doing with finding the map header counts for the other games/versions?
Old September 19th, 2013, 10:22 AM
Salamence™
Gen 3♥

Nature: Calm
This is amazing
GOOD JOB♥

Fc: 3239-3600-0005
Feel Free to add me.
Just Pm if you do

Old September 20th, 2013, 04:08 AM

Why do I open SDSME it says "can not activate the GL rendering context."?

How to solve this problem?

Last edited by 805587804; September 20th, 2013 at 04:12 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old September 20th, 2013, 10:41 AM
JackHack96
Little Hacker

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 805587804 View Post
Why do I open SDSME it says "can not activate the GL rendering context."?

How to solve this problem?
Spiky has already said that this problem is related to version 1.8.x, so he is comparing this with the older version 1.7.0, in order to find the bug and solve the issue. You have to wait till the next release (or you can use 1.7.0 version)

Visit my website, Hack Rom Tools, here you can find useful tools for ROM hacking.
Old September 21st, 2013, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackHack96 View Post
Spiky has already said that this problem is related to version 1.8.x, so he is comparing this with the older version 1.7.0, in order to find the bug and solve the issue. You have to wait till the next release (or you can use 1.7.0 version)
I know,Thank you very much!
Old September 21st, 2013, 02:32 AM
Michielleus
That random guy

Nature: Modest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michielleus View Post
I'm guessing this is a very simple problem, but I can't seem to figure it out.
When inserting a map, no matter what I do, all my buildings (the "outside"-ones) show up as dmybox00. I'm guessing something in the header needs editing, but copying vars from other headers doesn't work.
I've noticed that editing gen V maps gives you a "map type" column, but editing gen IV doesn't do this. I think the map I'm editing is still counted as an "inside" map, like a house or a cave. Is there any way to somehow change that so that it's an "outside" map, like a city? Right now, I can't add houses or fountains

A terrible hack; you don't want to play it.
I'll have a nice platinum hack up soon!

Lopunny is based on a playboy bunny.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 11:58 AM
Sliter
Gaijin Trainer

Nature: Timid
Send a message via Skype™ to Sliter
Omg Picku! It's really a great work! o-o I'm impressed xD now I belive that hacking has no limits! XD I cant wait to see DS hacks with the quality of the GBA hacks! O3O congrats!
I see this is really good to everything! I will use to edit the text for my translation project! I'm just seeing it yet but can't export/import texts, texture, models, yet? are planning something to this or not really?

Last edited by Sliter; September 22nd, 2013 at 12:20 PM.
Old September 22nd, 2013, 01:37 PM
HyruleShield

Looks like I'll try testing this out today! Sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker Bisharp View Post
This is awesome! You are the future for the hacking ds
This...Just this. Wonder what the future holds for ROM hacks, DS gen.

Last edited by HyruleShield; September 22nd, 2013 at 01:41 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 13th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Stronglion

ill try it out. looks amazing although i wish there was a whole video tutorial with commentary on this

OMG so much more complicated than advanced maps i have no idea how to make maps but id wish that i knew

Last edited by Stronglion; October 13th, 2013 at 12:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 14th, 2013, 09:52 AM
higame

Hey guys does anybody know how to edit a trainers name in battle with sdsme? Like when I battle blue it says "leader blue" I want it to say " Rival Green" I finally changed the sprites for the battle to greens but his intro message in battle cant be editited and his name is wrong.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 14th, 2013, 06:04 PM
Treetwig
Banned for being awesome

Nature: Jolly
Whenever I load a rom this message appear
Spoiler:
Old October 14th, 2013, 06:09 PM
Orifiel
Priestess

Nature: Lonely
I've tried this map editor.
But I'm just a bit confused, I'll try to master it somehow.
Old October 24th, 2013, 02:57 AM
gatarda
Half-PokéGod

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to gatarda
It seems that this project is dead. I hope not, because this project is awesome.
Old October 24th, 2013, 07:53 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatarda View Post
It seems that this project is dead. I hope not, because this project is awesome.
It's not dead, I've just not been posting the progress of SDSME 1.9.0. I know you all think this is taking too much time, but once the version is released you'll understand why. I have focused on fixing all the bugs people have been reporting over these months and thanks to all of you I have discovered new structures and data in the game which are very important. One of them is related to the buildings available in each map, which will keep the dummy box from appearing.

Thank you very much, I'll make sure to keep you all updated

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!

Beta 2 available!!

Old October 24th, 2013, 11:43 AM
joshblevins

I have a question about the scripts. I was scrolling through them indexing which ones i found to be important. Do you plan on making them editable or are they already and i have yet to uncover how to do so?
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:25 PM
Bond697

It's not dead, I've just not been posting the progress of SDSME 1.9.0. I know you all think this is taking too much time, but once the version is released you'll understand why. I have focused on fixing all the bugs people have been reporting over these months and thanks to all of you I have discovered new structures and data in the game which are very important. One of them is related to the buildings available in each map, which will keep the dummy box from appearing.

Thank you very much, I'll make sure to keep you all updated
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bond697 View Post
how are you doing with finding the map header counts for the other games/versions?
and are you missing anything else?
Old October 24th, 2013, 01:44 PM
EagleEye21

Hey SpikyEaredPichu, just curious, as someone who is afflicted with the GL Rendering Context error, and seeing that it wasn't in the previous version, could you possibly link to a download for that version? I searched the thread, but it looks like the download for it has been replaced by the 1.8 download.
Old October 26th, 2013, 05:38 AM
Trifindo
POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR

Hi Spiky,
I have been working with the titlescreen and now I know how to make animations like this:

Please continue with your awesome job. :D
Old October 28th, 2013, 02:57 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Hello~
I've run into a problem when opening the trainer editor in SDSME. Here is a screenshot:

After I click continue, the box comes up fine and everything, but I noticed that there is nothing in any of the sections.

Old October 31st, 2013, 11:27 AM
Ewery1
Buizels FTW!

Nature: Jolly
Hey! This tool is great, and I can't wait for the 1.9 update, but can somebody please make a tutorial?

Get your own one here http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=307712
Old October 31st, 2013, 01:18 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Hello~
I've run into a problem when opening the trainer editor in SDSME. Here is a screenshot:

After I click continue, the box comes up fine and everything, but I noticed that there is nothing in any of the sections.

I'm really sorry about that, I made a typo in a text file path. I have fixed the code and it will work in 1.9.0.

Beta 2 available!!

Old October 31st, 2013, 02:01 PM
Renegade
Time for real life...

Quote:
I'm really sorry about that, I made a typo in a text file path. I have fixed the code and it will work in 1.9.0.
Hmm okay. Any release date set yet for the new version? Also, is there a way to edit the existing trainers in Platinum without using the trainer editor in SDSME? Thanks~
Old October 31st, 2013, 02:16 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalStatic View Post
Hmm okay. Any release date set yet for the new version? Also, is there a way to edit the existing trainers in Platinum without using the trainer editor in SDSME? Thanks~
Yes, you can use PPTE: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=163957

I'm bringing you all a new update on SDSME as well. While there is no release date yet, today I have finished the new event editor and I will now work on scripts. Many of you may have noticed sometimes the "ApplyMovement" command freezes the game, so I have to fix it. I know what causes the glitch, so it will be simple to edit the code. Starting with version 1.9.0, in case it freezes, it will be simple to fix: just create a new function at the point it freezes, and add the rest of the script there. B2W2 scripts will be supported too, though a reduced amount of maps will be disabled to avoid serious glitches.

Thank you very much!

Beta 2 available!!

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links