The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Tools, Tutorials & Resources

Notices

Tools, Tutorials & Resources Various tools to help you develop your hacks can be found here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Old October 18th, 2012, 08:20 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
Spiky how is it going. i am really looking forward the next update buddy
Please be patient. I have a Wild Pokémon Editor 50% done and I'm working on text editing, something really hard. Don't worry, I won't abandon this tool at this point, because there's still a lot to do.

Jump into DS hacking with SDSME!

Beta 2 available!!

Old October 18th, 2012, 10:53 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiky-Eared Pichu View Post
Please be patient. I have a Wild Pokémon Editor 50% done and I'm working on text editing, something really hard. Don't worry, I won't abandon this tool at this point, because there's still a lot to do.
Ok thats awsome how far have you came with the actually Map editing?? And can i be a beta tester for this tool??

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 19th, 2012, 10:03 AM
HyperXhydra

Well done!, I hope you keep devolving it and make it easy to use just as the Advance map!
Really great thing from you, Thanks!
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:37 AM
VERGUNDAI
RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker

Nature: Quiet
I've finally imported a custom object on here while attempting to make a Littleroot Town remake.
I edited the Pokemon lab from pallet town to look like the one from RSE.

-only problems
the materials(if changed/recolor) replace some textures inside of ROM which glitches up a lot of Tex data.
- sometimes the custom object shows no texture at all.
-sometimes the ROM freezes at certain point when running after coming out of doors.

If anyone want to try this use MKDS editor's import to obj. You can also edit the title screen pokemon too!(Giratina, Dialga,Palkia, etc.)
Some 3D data from pokemon xd works if you know how to import them into BMD files.

To edit just open them in Sketchup 8, or 3DS Max

* I need help 3DS Max 2008 shows no material when being imported, but works fine on 3DS Max 6.
Old October 21st, 2012, 07:50 AM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
I've finally imported a custom object on here while attempting to make a Littleroot Town remake.
I edited the Pokemon lab from pallet town to look like the one from RSE.

-only problems
the materials(if changed/recolor) replace some textures inside of ROM which glitches up a lot of Tex data.
- sometimes the custom object shows no texture at all.
-sometimes the ROM freezes at certain point when running after coming out of doors.

If anyone want to try this use MKDS editor's import to obj. You can also edit the title screen pokemon too!(Giratina, Dialga,Palkia, etc.)
Some 3D data from pokemon xd works if you know how to import them into BMD files.

To edit just open them in Sketchup 8, or 3DS Max

* I need help 3DS Max 2008 shows no material when being imported, but works fine on 3DS Max 6.
What file is the title screen model located in? I'm trying to find it atm.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 21st, 2012, 09:28 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Spiky still working on this wonderfull thing?? And what´s the progress so far`??

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old October 21st, 2012, 12:12 PM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

I wonder how well SDSME is going? I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff implemented.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
What file is the title screen model located in? I'm trying to find it atm.
I can't remember which one it was, but I do know that I did see a Black/White Kyurem in one BMD0 model, which looked the same as the Black/White Kyurem used for the cut-scene. It was while I was searching for the opening cinematic files (which I couldn't find at the time).

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:05 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by PokémonShinySilver View Post
I wonder how well SDSME is going? I'm looking forward to seeing more stuff implemented.

I can't remember which one it was, but I do know that I did see a Black/White Kyurem in one BMD0 model, which looked the same as the Black/White Kyurem used for the cut-scene. It was while I was searching for the opening cinematic files (which I couldn't find at the time).
I know I once found it in BW, but I'm not sure about DPPt.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old October 21st, 2012, 01:21 PM
Pike15
Smoochum

Team fail how long have you came in aqua sapphire?? how much progress do you have??

Old October 22nd, 2012, 02:25 AM
VERGUNDAI

I want to upload the New romhack of Pokemon Hoen.nds but I don't know how much post we need to upload one.
Also:
- I will upload a Narc.doc for Pokemon Black and White 2 next weekend.
- I already have the narc data.doc for Diamond and Pearl.
I'll probably upload it on a new thread with a tut.
Old October 22nd, 2012, 04:58 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Spiky-Eared Pichu Send a message via Skype™ to Spiky-Eared Pichu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
I know I once found it in BW, but I'm not sure about DPPt.
They can be found in "\demo\title\titledemo.narc" as NSBMD models with texture animations.

Beta 2 available!!

Old October 22nd, 2012, 05:37 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

i really wanna see you´re hack. And spiky how much progress do you have in the tool so far??

Old October 24th, 2012, 01:20 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

I have a small update for you. I have been working on a native 3D renderer based on PG4Map and MKDS Course Modifier. Currently, maps can't be loaded with textures, only untextured or wireframed. Here's a picture of it:

Spoiler:

Next version will include that renderer (hopefully with texture support), a text viewer and a wild pokémon editor. Some glitches will be fixed as well

Beta 2 available!!

Old October 24th, 2012, 01:24 PM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
I have a small update for you. I have been working on a native 3D renderer based on PG4Map and MKDS Course Modifier. Currently, maps can't be loaded with textures, only untextured or wireframed. Here's a picture of it:

Spoiler:

Next version will include that renderer (hopefully with texture support), a text viewer and a wild pokémon editor. Some glitches will be fixed as well
Are you gonna be able to edit maps in next update??

Old October 24th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Жека

I registered here just so I can tell you how awesome this is! You are doing something that will be appreciated by all Pokemon fans.
Will we be able to fully edit maps in a 3d viewer? I hope so! I would love to see that! Adding models, removing models and such would be very cool.
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:33 PM
arpeejajo
King Of Muay Thai

Nature: Jolly
Quote:

Spoiler:

Wow that's wicked! Great work with the progress your making here. One thing that bugs me right now about the program is the map names. They're labeled as Map 0 and Map 1 and Map 2 and so on. It gets difficult to find the maps I'm looking for. Is it possible to put actual map names in a future update?

Free 3DS Games!
Old October 25th, 2012, 04:54 PM
IStreamSandwich
Karen Gillan <3
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Timid
You are making extraordinary progress with this program ! I give you 5 *'s (If PC had the ability to.. so i'll just like your first post)
I think i'll hold off on this at the moment though as I'm not the type of person to keep up with updates and new features !
Good luck to you though !
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:41 PM
VERGUNDAI

After transferring my romhacking files to my laptop which had better 3D render-er and graphics card, my HGSS ROM doesn't work anymore when you load up the ROM you can play only to the name change. So i'm going to use a new HG ROM. In the meantime good luck to all those who are hacking 3D NDS Rom. I'm hoping in 2 weeks I might release Pokemon Hoen.nds! I've only loaded some maps through hex editing, but some maps are still white textured.
Old October 25th, 2012, 08:47 PM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
Originally Posted by VERGUNDAI View Post
After transferring my romhacking files to my laptop which had better 3D render-er and graphics card, my HGSS ROM doesn't work anymore when you load up the ROM you can play only to the name change. So i'm going to use a new HG ROM. In the meantime good luck to all those who are hacking 3D NDS Rom. I'm hoping in 2 weeks I might release Pokemon Hoen.nds! I've only loaded some maps through hex editing, but some maps are still white textured.
In two weeks will we have a hoenn remake then?? Or wil it just be some changes??

Old October 26th, 2012, 05:35 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by arpeejajo View Post
Wow that's wicked! Great work with the progress your making here. One thing that bugs me right now about the program is the map names. They're labeled as Map 0 and Map 1 and Map 2 and so on. It gets difficult to find the maps I'm looking for. Is it possible to put actual map names in a future update?
Displaying map names in the map editor combobox is impossible, because maps are just files, which are later connected to a header that defines their in-game name. The closest workaround I could make is to display the map files' internal names. It would be shown in the format "Map Index: Internal Name". What do you say?

Beta 2 available!!

Old October 26th, 2012, 05:53 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Spiky when are you gonna upload the update??

Old October 26th, 2012, 09:15 AM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

I've just finished adding internal names to map list. I tried my best. Here's a picture of it working:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pike15 View Post
Spiky when are you gonna upload the update??
The update will be uploaded when it's stable enough. That means:
  • Fixing the event editor
  • Adding wild support to HGSS
  • Adding something new to the matrix editor that I can't reveal yet
It will include the new 3D renderer in wireframe mode, as well as the old nsbmd viewer. When texture support is finished, the old viewer will be discarded.

Beta 2 available!!

Old October 26th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Pike15
Smoochum

Quote:
I've just finished adding internal names to map list. I tried my best. Here's a picture of it working:

The update will be uploaded when it's stable enough. That means:
  • Fixing the event editor
  • Adding wild support to HGSS
  • Adding something new to the matrix editor that I can't reveal yet
It will include the new 3D renderer in wireframe mode, as well as the old nsbmd viewer. When texture support is finished, the old viewer will be discarded.
Ok are you gonna be able to edit the map then??

Old October 27th, 2012, 02:06 PM
Spiky-Eared Pichu
NDS Hacker/Researcher

I'm glad to announce the release of version 1.2.0, which adds plenty of features to the tool:
  • Event editor fixed
  • Added a 3D renderer and a wild pokémon editor
  • Added a preliminary text editor (doesn't save yet)
  • Fixed Japanese DP support (it was broken)
You can get it here: http://www.mediafire.com/?kq77b55j47mr18l

Beta 2 available!!

Old October 27th, 2012, 04:40 PM
arpeejajo
King Of Muay Thai

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Displaying map names in the map editor combobox is impossible, because maps are just files, which are later connected to a header that defines their in-game name. The closest workaround I could make is to display the map files' internal names. It would be shown in the format "Map Index: Internal Name". What do you say?
If it isn't too much trouble for you, I'd definitely like this. Thanks so much for this program and the recent update is excellent!

Free 3DS Games!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here