Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design
Reload this Page [Gallery] Loki's Gallery

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old May 19th, 2013 (07:09 PM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to Loki
I can't color anymore o)-<
But I still really like this piece.

Old September 15th, 2013 (07:46 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Long time no see guys! I've been really busy lately-- literally out of my door from morning until night and I just haven't had any time to really sit down and surf the net! But I'll try to find some time to drop by and say a proper hello to everyone soon!

^ This was drawn for a video game my friend is working on for his graduation thesis. It's the splash promo~

^Shingeki no Kyojin OC awwyeah

-------
After I finished the last drawing, I really haven't had time to draw at all for the past month or so, since I'm abroad and going out almost every day. Despite that, I managed to crank out these last two most recent things, which aren't that great because I had to rush them....

Thanks for looking!
Old September 15th, 2013 (08:17 AM).
menacing
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Nature: Lonely
Daaayum, girl. Moment of realisation - you, pokey, jolyne and others are sooooooo goddamn good its unbelievable. I mean, I always thought you guys were excellent but it wasn't till I tried my hand at doing traditional art myself that I realised how difficult the whole thing is. I just posted two of my experiments on drawing hands in my gallery today but im like embarrassed now. They soooo ugly ;; esp when you compare to stuff done by you lmao

seriously, loki, I can stare at your work all day and not get tired of it. Your ability to draw characters with varied facial expressions, dynamic poses and just the variety in the stylish clothes you draw on them is astounding. I love your works. I LOVE THEM. ;____;
Old September 28th, 2013 (09:00 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Noooo no nonono LOL traditional art-- the feeling can be quite different from digital! I have an extremely hard time with traditional art, so my works not on the tablet-- where I can erase everything perfectly away and pull and skew and rotate whatever I want-- they can be quite derpy LOL

I love seeing your artwork though Dero, it's just great to see you working hard to improve and getting into it-- COME TO THE DARK SIDE AND DRAW WITH USSSS AHHHH lol it's so fun to create your own things!

But gosh thank you so much for your kind words-- I've got to try harder on varying my facial structures, since I tend to stick to my bishounen face, but someday! LOL I'll work hard to improve along with you!

Speaking of traditional art, I started the first page of my new sketchbook today-- hopefully I'll be able to join a Manga Circle here at my new university. I heard we have some seriously hardcore manga clubs, but...... we'll see if I join the hardcore ones or just the relaxation ones......... we'll see....... This is one of my example pages I hope to show though.

(As you can see, I have a number of anatomical errors that need fixing, but that I'm too nervous to fix because what if I can't draw it nicely again a second time LOL sob I've been spoiled by digital art!!)
Old October 5th, 2013 (09:07 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Cosplay Meme~

There's way.... way more doodles of these two than this but............ I think this is plenty LMFAOOOO;;;;;

"Hana" by Kousuke Atari:
If your dream was ever crushed
If your days end without destination
And you can’t even believe in anything
Then at least I’ll give your hesitation
About tomorrow a voice and sing it out loud
Old October 17th, 2013 (09:02 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

LMFAO you've sure been kept busy in this thread haven't you Alexial? *V*;

Anyway, I have a number of other art I've finished in the past few days, but I felt Derozio (thanks for always being lovely and commenting on my works!) would appreciate this the most.

Trafalgar Law from One Piece! I'm currently working on Marco the Phoenix, so I'll have him done and ready to show sometime soon as well. Hopefully after Marco I can draw Zoro and Sanji and a few of my other favorite One Piece characters. (I've been very obsessed with One Piece lately, more than usual. You can see a glimpse of the Trafalgar Law Merchandise I've amassed in these past few days behind my sketchbook lol)

I got to see redjuice paint live at the Tokyo Game Show, so I was terribly inspired to draw a proper piece- which is not something I usually do, as you'll notice that most of my work doesn't have distinct backgrounds but rather is usually just a template of some sort for a group. But seeing redjuice live has really set my motivation to improved little by little in gear. We'll see how long that lasts LMFAO...
Old October 25th, 2013 (01:07 PM).
menacing
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

Oh my god. Law looks so damn cool there. <3 There's this thing, though. You did say that you tend to make most of your characters with the same bishounen faces. I didn't really think much of it earlier but this drawing made me think of it. Trafalgar law, by Oda's standards, is a pretty bishounen male. Yeah, we now have Cavendouche but let's just ignore him for now. Trafalgar law is already pretty bishounen in even oda's style but when you put your spin on it he ends up going even further up on the bishounen scale. :p Not that it is a bad thing or anything, but yeah, just saying because now I see what you meant when you said you tend to make all male characters look much more attractive in all your works. And ofjgdhahdhdhh marcoooooo!!!!!! That pretty boy omg you can have a really dynamic piece with him. What with those amazing phoenix wings and all. I look forward to it! Oh, and since you mentioned that you're gonna try and put more effort into backgrounds I'd love to see you do them with your OP drawings!!!

And TGS? Wait are you japanese? I heard you sing jap songs amazingly and now I hear you were at tgs. Just...curious. Lol. And I really, really like the coloring in the second drawing. It looks awesome. You really do need to draw more of these kinds of pieces. They look so much more amazing and dynamic. But I know, too much effort, right? Doing all this can be a pain at times yeah lol.
Old November 7th, 2013 (07:17 AM). Edited November 9th, 2013 by Loki.
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Ahhh you got me! o)-< Yeah, I sort of scratch my head over how to diversify my style- maybe hopefully with drawing some more One Piece fanart it'll get a bit better? Half the problem lies in that I have a specific face that I like looking at-- and thus like drawing LMFAO guhhh;;; I got chewed out by two of my friends who are huge Trafalgar Law fans themselves-- I forgot his earrings, put his tattoos on the wrong part of his fingers.... many problems that I must fix in the future!

I'm not Japanese, I'm Taiwanese American-- but I'm actually living in Japan right now! I'll be here for another year or so before toting myself back to America temporarily. TGS was great though!

I finished my Marco, but I'm not sure if I'll end up painting/polishing any of these digitally. I'll scrap these into 'practice', I think. (Read: I really just don't want to paint/color Marco's flames....)

Then here's a picture I drew for my IRL friend-- well, we met online, but now we live in the same dorm! So I drew the first one for her character, and the second for her birthday!

And finally another birthday present-- a real quickie for an IRL friend of mine I haven't seen in a long time. She's having a hard time right now, but she really likes my art, so I set aside some time for her especially.

Haven't had any time to get out of my comfort zone lately- it's constantly GO GO GO and I don't really have any down time to concentrate on improving. orz I keep thinking about One Piece fanart, but it's a completely different thing to find a proper time and place here in Japan where people will judge you for drawing anime lol...
Old November 9th, 2013 (07:47 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

I've got a few WIP's to show today, since I can't seem to get anything finished...

In the middle of coloring this. The problem with coloring, is that then you start seeing at the mistakes you made in the sketch.............. guh.

The Zoro WIP I posted in the travelling thread!

I also forgot to post this last time-- but here's a speed paint video of the birthday present I did of the blue haired guy!

Old November 18th, 2013 (05:01 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Ahhh I've been really busy with midterms lately, so all I've done is sketch!

Trying to get the Oda style down (that's why all these busts) but damn it's really hard!? You'd think a loose style like that would be easy to imitate but it's really got its own flair of defying all the anatomical basics that I can't seem to let go of;;;

Most of these are characters designed by other PC members, gimmepie, Raikiri, and Magic Fox. They're our One Piece Roleplay characters!

(Except this is obviously Marco so.... Doodled in class, sorry it's on lined paper)

Old November 23rd, 2013 (06:55 PM).
Awesome as always...
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Naughty
One word to put things all up, AMAZING!!
Your art are simply amazing man. You really done a good job. keep things up!
And keep sharing

Can you do some fan art of red?

Chimcharz iz better than Mudkeepz
Pair 1 // Pair 2 // Showdown // PHO // Twitter
Text Hex Convert v2.1.1
Old November 24th, 2013 (01:57 PM).
Team Kalos
ModeratorCSEO

Watch the request, Nutsy. It's not a big deal or anything but artists can/will do requests when they say so. :)

Anyway, Loki, I always come to this gallery when I need a pick-me-up in inspiration. Your work is just as good as it's always been. <3 But, question, why are you trying to emulate Oda's style? Just to learn/do something new? Or is there an end goal?
Old November 25th, 2013 (05:59 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Nutsy_!: Hmmm! I will give it a shot next time I'm bored in class, if you don't mind it being a sketch. I assume you want the manga version of Red? Or the OVA?

Alexial: Ahhh thanks so much! ;7; Especially for going out of your way to comment even though literally nothing ever changes around here hahaha- but yeah I'm actually trying to emulate his style for two reasons: 1. I'd like to start drawing more and more fan art of One Piece, and I think it's important to know the original style to be able to draw good fanart. I don't want to be that one person who 'draws' a character, but it doesn't even look like the original character you know? So the start is to emulate the style as best I can, and then incorporate what I learn about the characters' designs from that into my own style later on. And 2. I think Oda has an incredible talent for varying his characters' features, and so since I suffer a little from same-face-syndrome, I thought it'd be a good way to break out of that shell!

Only a small update today, I bought a set of 48 crayons at the dollar store down the street. I was sure they'd be crappy as hell (48 crayons for 1 dollar, like, really? My expectations were in the negatives LOL) but they actually turned out to be pretty okay! I still need to get better at inking though....
Old November 25th, 2013 (06:49 AM).
more like uncommon sense
Team Johto

Wow, happened across this gallery for the first time and I have to say this is really really awesome. To be honest I'm not really a fan of Oda's style, but what you've incorporated with your own has resulted in something really unique and cool. I like it a lot!

Your attention to detail is staggering too, I love your hair in particular. Really inspiring work, keep at it! I'll be sure to check back here for updates.
Old December 3rd, 2013 (08:04 PM).
Awesome as always...
Team Sinnoh

Nature: Naughty
Quote originally posted by Loki:
Nutsy_!: Hmmm! I will give it a shot next time I'm bored in class, if you don't mind it being a sketch. I assume you want the manga version of Red? Or the OVA?
Its me Nutsy_!
Wow, thats nice of you!

Hmmm.. Lets see, can you do the manga one? Haha XD
Can you do both? xD

I really love your arts btw

Chimcharz iz better than Mudkeepz
Pair 1 // Pair 2 // Showdown // PHO // Twitter
Text Hex Convert v2.1.1
Old December 8th, 2013 (06:53 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Sure, it's no problem! I like Red too, that's why haha. We'll see when I get around to it though, since this is a pretty busy month for me! x___x

On that note, the only updates I have to show are few and far between:

My OC for the One Piece Roleplay in the RP section, Lotte!

Yesterday was the graduation day for the 3rd years in my club. I thought to give them each individualized gifts, so I drew them! The two on the top are two of my closest friends here in Japan- and I'm really really sad to see them leave the club, but it's tradition... (I already cried my heart out haha) They're arranged in the order that they were done, left to right starting from the top left. It was really hard to draw the guys in the upper left and lower right hand corners, but the upper right and lower left turned out looking especially like the people they're supposed to be.

Unfortunately I didn't get to scan them in-- and I didn't get pictures of the other two I did, because these were done in a real hurry.

I think I'd like to practice drawing caricatures more often from now on!
Old December 9th, 2013 (02:06 AM). Edited December 9th, 2013 by derozio.
menacing
Team Hoenn
Crystal Tier

OmsbhshahhahhHsfhhShgshjiseihdhwhsgwxjjhhehdhhsiazifjdhdjsgsgxsiakjdndudhhagzgnhshdhjxjdnsxhsnjdnjbsqhdjdjdjsjd

oh my ****ing god. I love them so much. Your stuff. Oh my god. The wip. You shud finish it. I love the coloring in it. Just amazing. Same goes for your OP characters! They look amazing. They're not quite Oda styled but they're incredible! And you've broken away from the same face syndrome, imo. And dat yellow haired girl, omg. So cute. Any powers, seeing she's an OP chara? Either way, love the way you did the hair I love it love it love it. She looks kawaii!!

I am so glad my mobile let me see them. I'll ogle at them all day now aaahhhhhhhhhh <333333

also those sketches of your acquaintances look beautiful. I'd kiru ra kiru to get a portrait of mine made by those magical hands of yours ;_____; too I'm not anywhere as good looking as any of them lmfao
Old March 17th, 2014 (09:19 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Gosh me trying to update this gallery regularly is like a fight against every force that moves in this world.... smh

But anyway-- thanks so much for the comments dero, I'm so sorry my responses are always so late! I actually lost the file to that WIP-- I was thinking about it just this morning and I was like "... Hm, i wonder where I put that..." LOL perhaps I'll finish them someday. Anyway yeah she does have powers in the RP I stuck her in-- which is actually in the PC RP section! But on her own, she doesn't have any powers. Just in the RP for conveniences' sake, she has the same devil fruit as Marco. (she can't fight so might as well make her not die either)

In any case, I haven't been drawing much lately-- no time! Constantly out on the go and stuff, but I've been terribly sick the last two days, which means I've been confined to my room.

... Which means, I got to draw! LOL

The older updates are under the spoilers:
Spoiler:

I drew more members in my club! These are the new officers!
They're kind of like Gym Leader heads ahaha-- can you tell what type we assigned each person?

This was drawn for a secret santa exchange on deviantart!

Megumi's undergone quite a few changes in her time at university... @___@

An application for MAGE on deviantart.

Mage of the week, Piper, who belongs to Saawaa

And I also joined a Harry Potter based roleplay!

... And drew every Slytherin in the group LMFAO.... yeah...

And this is something I finished just half an hour ago! (It's actually not quite done, there are a few mistakes I need to fix... later) I'm really proud of it-- she's the lead heroine of a story/world me and my bf are making together!

The lead hero is so cool I wish I could show you guys oh gosh////
Old March 24th, 2014 (01:25 PM).
Team Johto

I adore all of your drawings and art work. Some are just so good and has that sexy, relaxed flow to it. I absolutely love it and i want to see more. More. More.

I just go with the flow, I follow the yellow brick road. I don't know where it's going to lead me, but I follow it.

Old March 24th, 2014 (03:01 PM).
Team Kalos
ModeratorCSEO

I... managed to miss all of your most recent updates. :( Sorry Loki.

But hey, at least I had a bunch of awesome stuff to look through! I especially liked all of those drawings of your friends that you did. Must have been hard, so I definitely feel for you. If I got a gift like that, I'd cherish it forever; and I'm sure your friends will too. :) It also been neat seeing more of your sketched/inked stuff!

Looking forward to what you have in store for the character you and your boyfriend are working on. Super cute! :3
Old April 6th, 2014 (01:40 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

qOptic: Thanks! There's definitely more on the way ahaha, even though I'm a little too busy to draw regularly these days...

Fairy: Don't be sorry, I'm just glad you're even taking a gander as it is! *V*d Thanks so much for the comment- yeah those drawings hahaha I did those really fast... It was definitely fun trying to translate human features into anime style though!

Just three updates this time:

And a sketch:

I don't draw pokemon very often, so this was the first time I've drawn Steelix, Metagross, Magneton (though I got tired and gave up on Magneton), and a full-pokemon version of Mawile. It was surprising fun! Hopefully I'll have a chance to draw pokemon again *V*
Old April 6th, 2014 (03:53 AM).
The Fire Fox
Team Johto
Silver Tier

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saki
Those images are fantastic. The Giving Tree is super creative, you should sell prints and such (or do you already?). The Trainer image is great too, it makes me want my own real life Pokemon team ;___;
Old April 6th, 2014 (01:00 PM).
Team Kalos
ModeratorCSEO

The Giving Tree is a goddess and I want to worship her.
Old April 7th, 2014 (07:30 AM).
Team Kalos

Nature: Brave
I love your Characters ! Maybe I'll ask you to do some Characters that are in my Mind for me to able to make a Banner with it, Keep doing it ! I love it ^-^
Old June 3rd, 2014 (03:02 AM).
強くなった
Team Unova
Gold Tier

Saki: Thank you very much! I actually don't sell prints, because I don't have much of a following beyond my roleplay groups haha-- my audience is quite limited. (The real reason is that I'm too lazy hahaha) Thanks again!

Alex: LOL THANKS--

iSkill: Thanks! I'm flattered, but I actually don't take requests! I'll keep working hard though, thanks for your kind words!

I've put some older/less refined works inside of the spoilers so I don't have to see them when I scroll LOL

Spoiler:

Pajama meme-- Kaname in his PJs reading a Kyudo magazine...

Age meme for Paris

My OC for the One Piece RP here on PC! Her name is Lotte.

Prom dress meme with a genderbent Su Jun.

Doodle dump!

Doodles of my friends' characters in the Harry Potter RP I'm in!

A sketch trade, friend's character Eiji.

My Harry Potter OC, Paris!

Her patronus is an Orca.

Harry Potter Alternate Universe Kaname!

A drawing of an older!Royal that I finished just now!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links