The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation

Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Old October 25th, 2012, 03:01 AM
ginalovespokemon
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ginalovespokemon Send a message via Yahoo to ginalovespokemon Send a message via Skype™ to ginalovespokemon
I have white 2 and saving up money for black 2.
But it is aswome, i went in tal gras and i saw pokemon that you get in an egg usualy like eleckid, riulo, cleffa i was like staring at the screen and i deff said this say what?!?!

i hope the next pokemon game going to be even cooler!
Old October 25th, 2012, 05:41 AM
何贤豪

For me, I like the designs. Colress, Cheren, Bianca...to say a few. For the music, it isn't the stuff I really, really like, which would be found in a racing game. :D (Would xD do the same here?) But still, if I were to choose the good ones, probably the Subway Battle theme, which was simply a remix of the usual Trainer Battle theme, but it was pretty great. Colress' theme was great, especially the starting piece. Cynthia's theme was good, it was simply a remix of the original, but I like them both anyway. And I do like the Gym Leader battle theme...even though in truth...it's simply the same one from BW. I'm fine with the new Pokemon arrangements, but the best should be the Riolu of Flocessy Ranch. It can beat the Elite Four and the Champion pretty much single-handedly due to its move coverage being enormous. But still...it needs backup. Marshal's gonna kill due to it being a Steel-type. But at least Iris is the one who's complaining. But still...not really, due to her Pokemon having Earthquake. (at least a few do) And this game has a lot more story fillings than that of BW, making it better, knowing that we can know a lot more about the characters. The thing I hate...I have nothing to say, actually...about that.
Old October 27th, 2012, 12:11 AM
Aurasphereboy
Unhatched Egg

I really like pokemon black and white as I have white and have competed it my finishing team was an emboar,an arcainine,a sigilyph,a lucario,a garchomp and a umbreon

What is your white 2 fc mines 4127 2894 4759

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginalovespokemon View Post
I have white 2 and saving up money for black 2.
But it is aswome, i went in tal gras and i saw pokemon that you get in an egg usualy like eleckid, riulo, cleffa i was like staring at the screen and i deff said this say what?!?!

i hope the next pokemon game going to be even cooler!
whats your white 2 fc mines 4127 2894 4759

Last edited by Aurasphereboy; October 27th, 2012 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:40 PM
Sandshrew4
Also known as Sandwich

Nature: Careful
I really like it. I had never been so excited over a pokemon game or any video game even. The designs are great and the game is cool. Only two problems I have with it is- One, you just get things randomly (i.e. Some clown dude just randomly gives you a bike. In previous games you had to save the bike guy but now some strange clown just hands you a bike. Also, Bianca stalks you and randomly gives you hm's. There are more but thats all i can think of off the top of my head). And two- Everything has changed. Some of this is not possible in two years (i.e. Bianca looks like she's at least five years older, Gym's have been changed/moved, the cold storage has been demolished and replaced with the world tournament, victory road has been moved altogether, new towns have been made (or have they been "discovered?" I dont know.) So, those are the two problems I have but otherwise, the game is awesome!
Old October 29th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Ven Bloodia
Unmenschsoldat

Nature: Bold
It's short. Took me less than a week to beat it and I was only playing it occasionally while being mostly focused on GTA 4 and Red Dead Redemption at the time.
"Well what else is there to talk about, apart from the weather, the assassination attempt of the day being sponsored by El Dente's, and of course the latest political sex scandal involving foreign tranny midgets and elderly men in a 3000 dollar hot tub in a Beverly Hills suite."
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:03 PM
Correspondence

It has a better story than B/W.And i really liked the the new features and places they had.So all in all a good game.
Old October 29th, 2012, 02:39 PM
sunshinesan
Pokesho fan

Nature: Bold
Dunno if anyone mentioned but... the search function in the Box system!!!1

Currently playing as of 10/26/2012: POKEMON WHITE 2
FC: 3826 6533 5813
Crazy Shenanigans - Click Me
Old October 30th, 2012, 02:22 AM
morrison

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandshrew4 View Post
I really like it. I had never been so excited over a pokemon game or any video game even. The designs are great and the game is cool. Only two problems I have with it is- One, you just get things randomly (i.e. Some clown dude just randomly gives you a bike. In previous games you had to save the bike guy but now some strange clown just hands you a bike. Also, Bianca stalks you and randomly gives you hm's. There are more but thats all i can think of off the top of my head). And two- Everything has changed. Some of this is not possible in two years (i.e. Bianca looks like she's at least five years older, Gym's have been changed/moved, the cold storage has been demolished and replaced with the world tournament, victory road has been moved altogether, new towns have been made (or have they been "discovered?" I dont know.) So, those are the two problems I have but otherwise, the game is awesome!
Well with the Plasma castle destroying the original victory road that is being rebuild(you can see it being rebuild at the top level

Cold storage wasnt such a big area, and the PWC after all only opens when you arrive there, and if you see the speed they are building here you wouldnt be surprised, they could do this in half a year.

The towns obviously were there before, you hjust didnt have access to them

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old October 30th, 2012, 04:50 AM
ginalovespokemon
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ginalovespokemon Send a message via Yahoo to ginalovespokemon Send a message via Skype™ to ginalovespokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurasphereboy View Post
I really like pokemon black and white as I have white and have competed it my finishing team was an emboar,an arcainine,a sigilyph,a lucario,a garchomp and a umbreon

What is your white 2 fc mines 4127 2894 4759

whats your white 2 fc mines 4127 2894 4759

mine is white 2 FC: Gina 4728-6055-9027
Old October 30th, 2012, 09:52 PM
Pinta77
McDonald's Insider
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Pinta77
I have to say it's a lot better then I thought it would be. It's a nice change from the regular pattern. (2 new games, 2 remakes, 1 same game again) I like that you can find the older pokemon. =)

Wonder Trade!!!
Old October 31st, 2012, 01:19 PM
toasterr
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Impish
I quite enjoy it. The story is a bit weaker this time around, but I really liked the story for B/W - it was by far the most well thought-out and went a bit past get all badges - take down evil organisation - become champion, so that's probably not fair on B/W2's behalf.

It was a bit easy after the 6th badge, though. :/
Old October 31st, 2012, 02:00 PM
Mixae
Unhatched Egg

It's sooooo much better than BW. I lost interest I couldn't even beat the damn game lol. This one is better even for the sake of being able to catch a lot more pokemon.

Old November 1st, 2012, 04:39 PM
ejzs22
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Calm
I have not yet got b\w 2 butt my brother has it and it seems really cool! He has beaten 8 gyms and Ican not wait 2 buy it!
Old November 1st, 2012, 05:56 PM
SuperSaiyanII
Cool Story Bro!!

I'm definitely loving them right now and I'm glad they weren't overhyped like B the original B/W games were.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 03:06 AM
Magnezones
Unhatched Egg

White 2 was AMAZING.
Brought pokemon to a whole new level imo

White 2 - 0218 8623 7202
Old November 2nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
Destructor
Unhatched Egg

I absolutely love the game. The new areas of Unova are amazing. My only problems come from the Gyms and E4 and champ.

Gyms -
The new designs are amazing. I love them all.
My big issue is with the trainers and the leaders.

Gym 1 -
All three trainers, this includes the leader, use the same two Pokemon and I find that stupid.

Gym 2 -
No problems

Gym 3 -
They could have done better with Burgh. Giving him Swadloon was absolutely stupid.

Gym 4 -
So many electric types and you restrict it to Elekid, Flaaffy and Blitzle. That disappoints me.

Gym 5 -
You have a crazy diversity of ground Pokemon and SEVEN trainers in the gym but those seven trainers (Not including Clay), use from the same three Pokemon as
A, B, C, AB, AC, BC, ABC
The fact that there is no Onix, Sandshrew, Palpitoad, Numel, Swinub, Gligar, etc... is so stupid.

Gym 6 -
No problems.

Gym 7 -
It's no obsticle for one, it's very straight forward and easy.
The levels here are much higher than in BW and yet you will see Axew in the gym, the Pokemon not used in BW. At the same time, there is no Vibrava or Altaria and that bothers me as well.

Gym 8 -
Water is my favorite type. The fact that there is an insanely large number of water types and there is only six trainers here bothers me. There is no Seismitoad, Simipour, Crawdaunt, Dewgong, Corsola, Vaporeon, Octillery, or Lapras used in this gym. This is sad. The bigger problem with this is that you have the one trainer with two Basculin because the idea of having both coloured Basculin with the same moveset is perfectly creative (providing you ignore nearly 50-60% of the fishers in the game before the post game) The gym leader having Wailord seems stupid and only using three Pokemon is sad. Mantine being the challenge mode addition doesn't make it any better.

E4 -
Shauntal
Good. I can see the addition of Drifblim over Jellicent thanks to Marlon and I respect it.

Grimsley
Now that the past gens mix in and you have Umbreon, Crawdaunt, Absol, Drapion, and Weavile, you having Liepard is no longer acceptable and keeping you old team is horrid.

Kaitlin
Claydol, Starmie, Lunaton, Solrock, Bronzong, Metagross, Espeon, and you keep your same team from before. You should be ashamed of yourself. Needs more Starmie and maybe even Claydol.

Marshall
Haracross, Toxicroak and Lucario. There is no more excuse for having Throh and Sawk when numerous normal trainers have them.

Iris
Hydreigon, Haxorous and Lapras are good. It's a good team, really, but I think Tyranitar should be there over either Druddigon or Archeops, maybe Drud to mix that annoying sand storm theme in there. Maybe give her her anime Excadrill with that Tyranitar and make her a real trollful challenging champ match.

Sorry for the ranting. I'm extremely picky and snippy with the gyms and E4 of any game. I just felt let down sort of with the Pokemon picked.
Old November 2nd, 2012, 02:54 PM
morrison

looks like you are. As long as their pokes are strong I don't see any reason for them to have exceptionally different pokes from anybody else.

Pokemon Hardmode Sapphire Comic
starts as b/w but turns colourful a couple of pages later
Old November 9th, 2012, 12:35 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I loving it so far. I haven't played much of it in the past few days but I'm planning on picking it up again and playing some more it it very soon. That said I'm actually contemplating on trying to get White 2 and using that as the file I restart whenever, which hasn't happened since the third generation. Well, fourth but I never restarted my Platinum like I said I would; Sinnoh just wasn't too interesting to me I guess.
Old November 9th, 2012, 12:50 AM
Valvatorez
Prinny Instructor

I found Black 2 much more tolerable than Black. There was a greater variety of Pokemon, which I appreciated - I assembled my team much more quickly, and it wasn't quite so monotonous and difficult to get into - and training wasn't quite as mind-numbingly tedious. I like how they made more of an effort to change the styles of the Gyms; it reminded me of Platinum quite a bit, actually, with each Gym having its own distinctive style. The soundtrack had improved massively from Black, and I've been enjoying the post-game features as well: the PWT is a nice addition, and medals appeal to the side of me that won't stop collecting trophies on PS3 games; it's an artificial extension of the game's lifespan, but one I welcome and will enjoy doing.

But, as with Black, I'm just not seeing how this is any different in terms of story. It's the same old with a slightly different coat of paint to make it look new, just as Black was. I wasn't disappointed, because I knew this was going to happen again as it had with Black, but at the same time, I just don't see how these games can be praised for story when there is barely anything there and what is there is practically identical to past generations. As far as Pokemon games go this is average, and as far as JRPGs go it's right at the bottom of the barrel. But I suppose I've grown cynical in my old age. I don't play Pokemon for story anyway.
Old November 16th, 2012, 05:32 PM
Bone
The waifu of Lon'qu

Nature: Lonely
Best games ever! I love them! I've beaten the PWT, Black Tower, E4 a dozen times, fought N twice, gotten at least one of all of Curtis's pokemon, pretty much everything!

PM Me My Youtube

Main 3DS (I have 2) 0430-8792-4211

Last edited by Bone; November 16th, 2012 at 05:35 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 30th, 2012, 09:11 AM
LaVida

The new games are one of the best Pokemon games ever, in my opinion.

What I loved about them was the great diversity of available Pokemon from other regions. Most of the trainers/gyms weren't too easy but I'd say, the champion could have been a little tougher.
Besides, there's so much to do, I get the feeling, the games will never get old :D To me, Black 2/White 2 are a lot better than their prequels. The Unova region is so beautiful and gigantic! :D
Old November 30th, 2012, 11:11 AM
scprepschool

Loved them. It is missing one thing though... gym leader re challenge. I mean cmon man, not dure about over seas bc i cant read japanese but if you check amy mssg board or blog or you tube video in the english language a majority of us have practically begged ge freak to let that feature make a return ( especially in a game where it is most needed. Wouldnt you love to re battle th with a full team instead of 3 or challenge mode 4 )

you gotta know that I adore you
Old December 1st, 2012, 05:04 PM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Quote:
Originally Posted by scprepschool View Post
Loved them. It is missing one thing though... gym leader re challenge. I mean cmon man, not dure about over seas bc i cant read japanese but if you check amy mssg board or blog or you tube video in the english language a majority of us have practically begged ge freak to let that feature make a return ( especially in a game where it is most needed. Wouldnt you love to re battle th with a full team instead of 3 or challenge mode 4 )
I think the PWT satisfied the need for gym leader rematches rather well. It was really good to be able to rebattle (almost) everyone.
Old December 2nd, 2012, 09:12 AM
scprepschool

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
I think the PWT satisfied the need for gym leader rematches rather well. It was really good to be able to rebattle (almost) everyone.
you know...you would think so but i just doesnt do it for me. Dont get me wrong i am more than satisfied with the game and i love the pwt im in area 9 of black tower right now, i love the post game life of the game. I would just like a mini story and a gym rechallange before taking on the elite 4 the second time
Old December 7th, 2012, 03:41 PM
The_Consumer

I say every year whilst I play, "this game is by far the best". The older games hold that nostalgia that BW2 can never have. They're classics and hold that "Pokemon-ness" to them. However the new games have online features and a broader range of characteristics. The newer games look more flashy and hip and better graphically.
All in all though, I prefer the newer ones
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links