The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Advertise here

Old October 3rd, 2012, 05:39 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Eh. That happens. Apology accepted.
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:42 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Okay Keepers, there is an RP competition coming up and I want this RP to be one of the contenders. As such I would like to ask that you guys post the best posts you can. I'm not asking you to write novels or short stories, but the little things matter. Skymin says it will be somewhere near november (Read the Discussion thread for the topic.)

So what do we get for winning? Well recognition is the most obvious, winning will bump Peacekeepers by a considerable amount, maybe not ten members but at least two or three. Additionally if you characterize your characters well, I believe there are character rewards.

Now for other announcements
-Missions will reset next Wednesday, if you want to do any missions currently up, you have until then to do it.

-I will ask you to try and keep track of your money on a spreadsheet until I can think of the most efficient way to keep track (three people is easy enough so it isn't vital to the survival of the RP)

-Additionally I will open up the mechanics shop sometime between today and sunday. Things it sells will include- Mp3 players, Cell Phones, various surveillance gadgets, and vehicle parts (well parts for almost anything). Students in robotics and technology class will have a reduced price (more shops will open in the future, each getting a discount for a specific class)

-Classes- Not as important as the above but this is called Peacekeeper's academy and Classes are required. Please post the electives you want. The classes you take will
a. increase believability of winning a difficult fight
b. give discounts for certain shops
c. Provide something to write about as filler
d. A way to further characterization
E. Most importantly plays a part in PVP, I don't care if you pull some harebrained stunt during a mission (as long as it is semi-believable) but the classes a person takes will help your chances of winning, (A person who is hard working in hand to hand will beat someone who only posts about skipping classes for instance).
F. NO ITEMS IN THE ARENA (Except for the anti-gravity board and launcher, those are more utility than combat)

-PvP- I'll explain it again because it needs to be said, if fighting another poster if you can't come to an agreement about who wins, then I will determine it (or Icefyre if I ask him) by factors such as: Time at academy, History (yea theres a reason for that past the SU), Classes, and Race (Witch, Psychic, Human). Not only that but I don't want fighting anywhere but in the arena, this is strict both in the RP world and in the threads, to signify you are in a post I would like to ask to post the characters names in red (Clare VS Kale) for example. This only really applies if you ask me to decide the winner, then I can weed out the fighting posts.

Thank you for reading this, I'm happy that you guys are participating.

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2

Last edited by Aques Keus; October 7th, 2012 at 04:37 PM.
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:50 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

If there was one thing that stood out to me on this, it was the (Claire vs Kale). That red color is quite noticeable compared to the blue.
Old October 4th, 2012, 03:59 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Thats the point of it being red when I read down posts, because it is pretty noticeable. Though I really suggest reading the whole thing, it is pretty important (all important posts will be posted in blue in order to stress importance. Completed missions from now on will also be posted in Red so people don't have to read anything if they are just checking to see if a mission was completed)

Old October 4th, 2012, 04:05 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

I read it all the first time, that red is just EXTREMELY eye-grabbing.
Old October 4th, 2012, 04:28 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

I want to get my drawing and animating skills up so i can turn one of my RP characters into an animation (Cant decide Spark who has the best story, or Kale/Clare who are my "mains" or even do one about Maggy/O and their group so you guys can visually see the world instead of read and possibly misunderstand (face it, watching a movie about a book gives more info then if you skimmed over the book, even if the book has a lot of info))

Old October 6th, 2012, 07:20 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Sounds like cool biz. I can possibly make some animated sprites for them, but it would be best if you drew them first. For all I know, I could be misinterpreting.
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:31 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

-Bank Robbery in Boston: Difficulty- Hard: Armed robbers in the downtown Boston area; be advised they have hostages rigged with explosives. (2000$ Reward)

Has been taken by Clare and Kale, Status: Incomplete
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On the less serious note, I am setting up the actuall plot line for the Rpers, I want to wait for more people, (even though only three pairs will be chosen). To be eligible, I'd suggest reading any post that isn't Clare or Kale.

Old October 7th, 2012, 08:03 AM
TatlTael
I'm that guy

Location: My summer home is in Hyrule but I spend the winter in Kanto
Nature: Relaxed
This RP looks very interesting. I'll have my SU for a human student posted ASAP.
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:13 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Just a bit of clarification, but I decided to add a bit of LoZ to this. Ryan's harp is the first. It is reminicent of Sheik's in Ocarina Of Time, which is also Link's in Skyward Sword. That's also where I got the song... What do you expect from a hardcore Nintendo gamer?
Old October 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

O's Mechanic Shop
Spoiler:

Welcome to my shop! I am Lucy, O's assistant, how may I help you? We have all sorts of gadgets and doodads and if you don't see it here, make a request!

-Gravity Board: This invention by me and O allows one to soar through the air on a board at incredible speeds, a suit for protection is provided as well. Price 2500$ (Lessons from anyone on campus, though it is much like a surfboard)

-Tech Specs: A pair of glasses that utilizes special software to bring up any information you need right before your eyes. Information must be downloaded from the library, language info is stored here in the shop. Price for Glasses: 1500$, info 50$

-Magic Douser: A special device sold only to humans, this wristband will allow humans to take magic better, evening the odds with Witches (note that this just lowers how much magic will hurt you, won't make you immune. Thanks Rick McClick for testing that) Price: 1500$

-Portable Force-field: This unique device allows you to create semi-invisible walls that may protect against an opponents attack, tested to protect against three 50 caliber rounds in a row. Price (Wall in front):3500$ (Full body): 6000$

-Gravity Field Douser: If you throw this on the ground and jump into it, your gravity will be reduced, preventing death at any height as long as you land in it. The field is small and doesn't get rid of the gravity, wrist launcher available just point and shoot (The field can be picked up from the ground and turned off)! Thrown Price: 1000 Wrist Launcher: Add 2000$

-Delux Tech-Pack: Need a para-glider? Flashlight? Maybe a robotic arm for extra support? Well this pack has all sort of devices, from para-glider setting to being able to laser perfect circles into surfaces, this pack is great for everything. Well except holding things, there is no room to put stuff in this. (Note this is fairly heavy, it would be hard to carry this everywhere you go) 6000$

-Digital Materializer (DM): This invention is perfect for any traveler or forgetful student! Simply store you item in it and you are able to take it out wherever you are and it will be exactly as you put it in. (Note that there are settings for materializing items in you hand or in a specific spot, do not put this setting on when materializing a car, thanks again Rick) Price: 4000$

-Hairclip Hacker: Need a door open? Don't have a tech guy? Well simply place this hairclip on the door's scanner and it will open. Sorry dudes, they only come in pink and blue. 100$

Richards' Glove and Clothing Store

Spoiler:

Hey I'm Rick Richards (Not that McClick jerk) older brother and partner of the store's owner: Elizabeth Richards. Buy something or whatever, I don't care.

Spoiler:
-Power Glove: This special glove gives a large amount of force to a punch with no consequence to your hand. Note that this glove should not be used playfully, as punching someone's arm can possibly break it (Rick is a first hand account) Made by my sister's trouble making friend O and Lucy. Price: 100$

-Climbing gloves: My sister claims this one allows you to climb up any flat surface, I've never tried them but they were made by O so they must work or something. Price 100$

-Strength Gloves: They're kinda like the power gloves except they only allow you to lift things that are really heavy, though she says it depends on how much the wearer can lift. Anyways the price is 100$ like the other two.

-Magic Gloves: This mystical sounding gloves just amplify your magic if it is going through your hands, useless for anyone but witches. 150$ is how much they cost.

-Cute Gloves: Why did she tell me to list these. 50$

-Flame Gloves: These gloves can shoot flames out of the palm by filtering out flammable gas around the user and shooting it out of the palm. No idea why these are legal, though the flame is more like a blowtorch than a flamethrower. 1000$ Wow what a price, look at all those 0s.

-Electricity Gloves: These have material on the outside that are perfect conductors, meaning touching somebody or something can give a nasty shock. It is harmless to the wearer as long as they don't touch themselves, at all. 1000$ Yeah these are made using some expensive stuff I was told.

-Cooling Gloves: Simply touch the whatever and it makes it cold, quiet useful for drinks or burning buildings. 1000$ Yeah these last ones aren't made by us, so we were told to hike the price up by a zero.

-Camouflage Suit: This clothing changes into anything you can think of, as long as you download the design from here (Self Cleans). Suit Price: 200$ Designs: 50$ each (We have Sales you cheapskates)

-Insulation suit: This suit is able to keep your body the same temperature no matter the climate, can be worn under you normal clothes because to be honest it looks like it may be a tight fight, like really tight, like you will make you look like a skating wrestler. 100$ I'll take off 50 if you wear it around campus for three days straight.

Old October 8th, 2012, 07:28 PM
TatlTael
I'm that guy

Name – Tuck Wilson

Age – 15

Sex – Male

Appearance

Tuck is an olive skinned young boy. He has a somewhat elfish appearance to him in which people see him to be sneaky and mischievous. Tuck’s eyes are a hard, sharp green color. His eyes tend to give away his emotions to people, even when he has his poker face on. When he is sad or nervous, he eyes appear droopy and he loses the normal sparkle in his eyes that he usually has when he is confident. Tuck’s hair is greasy, long, and unkempt. It is shaggy and drops down to about the mid-neck area. He has a slight muscular build and is certainly nowhere close to overweight. He is about 5’5” in height, which is a very short height from where he came from.

Tuck wears a short-sleeved white t-shirt. The t-shirt is covered in blood, mud, and grass stains but he proudly wears the shirt as a badge of courage and pride. He also wears a pair of loose fitting black sweatpants that he bought from his high school as well as a pair of his dad’s old work boots. He doesn’t own any expensive clothing, but he chooses to be this way.

History

Tuck grew up in a suburban town near New York City. The town was small but the population was high. However, most people were snobbish upper-class business owners who had no regard for the poor working class. Unfortunately, Tuck belonged to one of these upper-class families. His father owned a small sports equipment store that did very well and his mother never worked a day in her life. Tuck hated this lifestyle, he knew how his parents were like and he hated it. Even his younger brother was starting to get snobby. He came home from school every day talking about a new kid who dressed like a “hobo.”

Finally, Tuck got fed up with the snobby behavior from his friends and family, so he decided to run away. For one day and one night, Tuck hid inside his local forest with nothing to live off of but a baseball bat that he stole from his dad’s shop and a small amount of food. The next day the police found him and brought him home. His parents were deeply insulted by his crude and dangerous antics so they applied him to the Peecekeeper’s Academy, a school built on an island of off the south-east coast of the States. They figured that it would be a boarding school for misfits like Tuck. However, Tuck was rather happy to go to this new school (although he has no clue what to expect.) It is a new opportunity to build a better life, and more importantly, to get away from those snobs!

Personality

Tuck is a firebrand and a “law breaker.” He loves to instigate trouble when there is clearly trouble coming his way. He is wise-cracking and obnoxious. However, in the right place at the right time, he can be really helpful. He enjoys fighting with people and is actually quite skilled. Despite being strong and speedy, he can be quite reckless or careless and that can hurt him in the long run. For example, he will beat someone up but while he is celebrating his victory, the guy would just sucker punch him on the head.

Tuck absolutely hates people who think they are greater than everybody else. This anger will make him do reckless things. He tends to shout a lot and is quite a talker when it comes to meeting new people. He doesn’t see a sense of trustworthiness in anybody that he meets. So it will take a while for him to correctly size up and trust someone.

Race: Human

Weapons: His metal baseball bat

Partner: none yet
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:56 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

I'd like to say the history is a bit lacking, what kind of school did he go to before hand and did he do any sports? (Just to justify why he is a great fighter, upper class kids normally have nothing but formal training. There is training on campus of course, but you say in his personality that he is a good fighter.) Also a baseball bat is quiet a weapon, though it isn't very practical lol. I'll Approve it, just address the fighting in the IC.

Also, will you make a partner or should I assign you one? (As of now there isn't anyone signed up who is soloing.)

Old October 9th, 2012, 01:54 PM
TatlTael
I'm that guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
I'd like to say the history is a bit lacking, what kind of school did he go to before hand and did he do any sports? (Just to justify why he is a great fighter, upper class kids normally have nothing but formal training. There is training on campus of course, but you say in his personality that he is a good fighter.) Also a baseball bat is quiet a weapon, though it isn't very practical lol. I'll Approve it, just address the fighting in the IC.

Also, will you make a partner or should I assign you one? (As of now there isn't anyone signed up who is soloing.)
Okay, I'll explain the fighting part in my first post
And as for a partner, you can just assign me one.
Old October 9th, 2012, 02:16 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Ther is something to mention with cleanup. Yaphaeral got ahold of 'a few' bottles of Russian whiskey, and is quite drunk. I don't think that alcohol would be welcome on an Islam full of kids. (Well, young adults really... Not old enough to drink.)

This also means that Ryan won't be doing much out of the dorm, as Yaphaeral is going to have a MASSIVE hangover the coming school day. Although, Ryan might attend a class or two.

@Tatltael: congrats on getting accepted! However, your username brings back unwanted memories... Oh god, kill it with fire! THE FAIRY IS IN MY HEAD!!!!
Old October 10th, 2012, 02:54 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Actually, most kids are between 16 and 18 so drinking is allowed, though only in small amounts to students and at bars. Anywhere else such as the bar or during classes is not allowed.

Old October 10th, 2012, 10:55 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Did it completley slip your mind that the legal limit is 21? Sure it still happens at younger ages, but don't you think that an academy focused on making the world a better place would abolish underage drinking?
Old October 10th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

21 in America, most European countries it is 18. Not to mention this is the biggest and best schools in the world, not a single person would risk getting kicked out for something so stupid, (the ones that are that foolish aren't even accepted in the first place, I mean you have to apply if you don't live on the island, and people born on the island are raised pretty strictly.) Not to mention drinking and getting drunk are not the same thing, excessive drinking is an instant kick from school.

Old October 10th, 2012, 11:18 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Guess I should change that then.
Old October 12th, 2012, 01:19 PM
machomuu
Fueled by Pepsi
Community Supporter

If it's alright, I'll take over for Omega Genesis. I'm not sure how often he'll be getting on anymore, but he did allow me to use his character in his stead, as not to waste an SU.
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:18 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

What are the classes? You mentioned that they were there, but you never clarified which was which...
Old October 12th, 2012, 02:44 PM
juniebug910
Dragon of Light

Can I eventually make Chikyu and Kazan hand out tickets for a performance? Not right now, but maybe later.

The girl you just called fat? She is overdosing on diet pills. The girl you just called ugly? She spends hours putting makeup on hoping people will like her. The boy you just tripped? He is abused enough at home. See that man with the ugly scars? He fought for our country. That guy you just made fun of for crying? His mother is dying. Copy and paste this into your sig if you think bullying is wrong. You never know what it's like until you walk a mile in their shoes. -Taken from chef30
Old October 12th, 2012, 06:52 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

@Mach: Sure, just make sure you read the first post.

@Junie: You can, but remember that you need to do 2 missions monthly, so try not to make all of your posts about entertainment.

@Icefyr: I had a list of classes posted somewhere, but I think it disappeared, anyways how classes work is essentially acknowledge that you do infant have class, they are everyday but when you have completed a mission. You get two days off per month whenever you feel like it and they can add up (2 one month and 2 the next will make 4 for the next if you didn't use them month 1) Missions do not use free days in this manner.

Additionally classes are big factors in NPC shops, many will give discounts or free items.
Note, just looked back at page 2, there is a list of classes that is in a large blue post lol.

Old October 12th, 2012, 06:56 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Yeah, I found it. First blue post on pg 2. I'd put that in the first post. It'll be much easier to find/read that way.
Old October 15th, 2012, 03:00 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Can I get posts please, I'll lower the missin cap to one this month, but starting November first, it will be two.

Additionally I'll be planning the major story for this RP, so put a post here if you want to be considered, (only accepting 3 pairs).

Finally there's a new concept: Roaming. Pretty much if you have the vehicle you can go wherever. (Remember the island is pretty huge, one can't walk from the school to the main city in any reasonable time, though There are high speed trains that would take you there in an hour) I will open a vehicle shop that will sell things students would need to get around when not on a mission, because teleporters are mission only. For the most part, this is optional, most of what you need is on campus or in the main city, but there are areas on the island you might want to explore, (map will be given at a later point)

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here