Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2012 (01:46 PM).
JDW
Poke Master

Nature: Adamant
Hey guys, new here and I hope that this is in the right spot...

Haven't played Pokemon since the release of Fossil and now I'm wanting to get back into it. I understand that the Black and White series appears to be where the tournament legal cards begin so what I'm wondering is what I should expect to pay for a booster pack. I've got to build my collection back up so any information would be good.

Thanks
Old September 15th, 2012 (02:30 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Per booster pack of new sets? Anywhere from $3.79 to $4.19, at least from what I've seen, depending on where you buy them from.
Old September 15th, 2012 (02:59 PM).
JDW
Poke Master

Nature: Adamant
Yeah, that's what I was asking. Thanks! Are all of the Black and White sets equally good or are some of them sub-par? I remember when I played no one liked Fossil. It was mainly the Base set that everyone liked with a select few cards from Jungle.
Old September 15th, 2012 (03:03 PM).
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

In terms of playability, I'd say that Dark Explorers and Dragons Exalted, the last two sets printed, bring the most to the competitive table, but all of them have cards that are common in competitive play, and Emerging Powers and the base Black & White set contain many vital supporter cards.

Sponsored Links