The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > The Welcome Lounge

Notices

The Welcome Lounge New here? Stop in to the Welcome Lounge to introduce yourself. The members who hang out here can't wait to give you a warm welcome and help you discover all of the cool things you can do around the community.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2012, 02:00 PM
Inkblots

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Hi guys! I'm Inkblots.

I'm mostly here because of the fantastic resources in the ROM hacking forum, which is what I'm really interested in (I'm currently practicing and learning some of the basics of scripting by doing some really simple hacks that just involves making all pokemon available in a single game). I'm also an artist, and working (slowly) on making photorealistic digital paintings of pokemon, so I'll probably be hanging out in the art forum as well

That aside, I'm a huge fantasy/sci-fi/anime geek, and always welcome random chats about such things
Old September 17th, 2012, 03:14 PM
enigmα.
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Hello Ink, I'm MidnightShine & welcome to PC~......

Did you know that PC's Emulation section is the most popular forum around these parts? We have lots of great hacks, tools & even tutorials......

Nice to have ya here BTW. You can try out other fun sections like Other Trivia.

Have fun.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old September 17th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
Hi guys! I'm Inkblots.

I'm mostly here because of the fantastic resources in the ROM hacking forum, which is what I'm really interested in (I'm currently practicing and learning some of the basics of scripting by doing some really simple hacks that just involves making all pokemon available in a single game). I'm also an artist, and working (slowly) on making photorealistic digital paintings of pokemon, so I'll probably be hanging out in the art forum as well

That aside, I'm a huge fantasy/sci-fi/anime geek, and always welcome random chats about such things
Hi Inkblots, interesting name you have.

You like our Emulation section I say? Well, MidnightShine's got you covered since he knows a bit about that section.

Feel free to VM me or I'm always open for a friend request.

- Hikari10

paired with AWsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old September 18th, 2012, 02:35 AM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
Hi guys! I'm Inkblots.

We have a lot in common Inkblots.
I was drawn here because of all the help with Rom hacking. How are you finding scripting? I still can't quite understand it all, but my main focus with rom hacking is just adding my own sprites anyway
I'm a huge fantasy/sci-fi/anime geek too, so if you want to just random chat about any of that, feel free to VM me! :D

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old September 18th, 2012, 04:38 AM
Inkblots

Nature: Calm
Haha, well, I'm fairly good at coding in general (when I have the time and desire to learn it. I'm currently being inspired by an introductory programming course I'm taking ), so writing the scripts I'm not finding too hard a concept to grasp, but getting them to compile into the ROM properly has been an issue. I think I found the problem after asking about it over in the ROM hacking forum though, so we'll see if I can get it to work when I get back from classes

Last edited by Inkblots; September 18th, 2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 07:47 AM
Sheep
may the stars shine down on you

Nature: Timid
Hi there, Inkblots, and welcome to the forum! :D

We do indeed have an amazing Emulation section, don't we? There's tons of tools, tutorials, and other cool things there! But it's neat that you're a good coder, that's something I really want to learn in the future. ): A few of my friends self taught themselves coding, so that makes me feel a bit better about trying aha! I'll get there eventually. n_n

Definitely check out Art & Design, we could use some more artists showing off their work~! I'll look forward to seeing what you post in there.

Anyway, you seem pretty nice, so why not stick around? We're very friendly and mature around here, so the more the merrier. :3 Enjoy your stay and feel free to contact me if you're in need of any assistance!

whooo clubs
family twin
my star
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here