The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old July 13th, 2004, 10:33 AM
fatboyjohn
Beginning Trainer

Advertise here
right this card is definately genuine because i got it in an official neo discovery booster pack. it's very odd looking: the top-left corner says "basic pokemon" then "mewtwo", and the picture is a shiny mewtwo with a pink/purple background. most of the card appears to be holographic (?). it has a resistance to , 80HP and a retreat cost of .

right, now apart from all those things and the presence of the "neo discovery" pyramid-esque logo at the bottom-right corner of the picture, the card is A BASE SET 2 ZAPDOS!??!?!
the length and weight stats are zapdos, it says "electric pokemon", the background is yellow, it has the symbol in the top-left corner, it has zapdos' "thunder" and "thunderbolt" attacks with the correct energy costs, it has a weakness, it has the description box at the bottom for zapdos, and the bottom-right corner of the card says "20/130".

the only other difference between this and a regular zapdos is that damage value for the "thunder" attack is in the wrong FONT, that there is no damage value for the "thunderbolt" attack, that this card has 10 less HP than base 2 zapdos, and also "thunder" does only 50 damage on this card as opposed to 60 on base 2 zapdos.

the picture APPEARS to be that of the 1st movie promo mewtwo, yet the mewtwo's pose is mirrored, and the background is pink/purple and shiny.

i have looked extensively for information about this card on the internet, with no results. can someone please give me some info, tell me whether it IS unique, and give me some kind of value estimate.

here's my card:

and for reference here's the pic from 1st movie promo mewtwo:

and a regular base set 2 zapdos:

thankyou
Old July 13th, 2004, 11:05 AM
fatboyjohn
Beginning Trainer

bump :dead: is anyone out there? *calls out and gets an echo*
Old July 13th, 2004, 11:27 AM
fatboyjohn
Beginning Trainer

Old July 13th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Latios Master
11 Year PC Member

Nature: Adamant
Please don't triple post, it is against the rules!

I'm thinking that this card must be a fake. Did you check the package to see if it was identical to another one?
Old July 14th, 2004, 04:50 AM
Bullados
Trainer

Send a message via AIM to Bullados
That thing's a fake. Look at the font of the attack damage and compare it to other "50" damage atacks in that set. It's completely different. Also, most of the text font is out of whack. And, wow, that name font is completely wrong.

That's a fake card, and u got jypped with those boosters.

The Official Pokemon TCG Website
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Shukuen Shinobi
Ninja Dude

Send a message via AIM to Shukuen Shinobi Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Shukuen Shinobi Send a message via Yahoo to Shukuen Shinobi
Judging as how the picture of the card is bright, while the rest of the card is faded (obviously because of the scanner.) I am guessing that you photoshopped the card, since the text on MEWTWO is REALLY bad..

I don't want to be accusing you of lying, but I am just stating my opinon that from what I can tell, the card was completly photshopped.
Old July 14th, 2004, 04:02 PM
Firemaker
Pokemon Master

That should be fake. Or something, becase it is not real.
Old July 14th, 2004, 09:02 PM
pichbob
FIAH!!!!

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to pichbob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemaker
That should be fake. Or something, becase it is not real.
I think it is real you cant belive it because it is a really rare stuffup
it might be fake eh?
Old July 15th, 2004, 07:41 AM
ravenstorture
Booted out - don't be like me!

Location: A place with my earmuffs trying to zone out Toto vacuuming Ash o.o; XD
Send a message via ICQ to ravenstorture Send a message via AIM to ravenstorture Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ravenstorture Send a message via Yahoo to ravenstorture
It can't be real pichbob. The font on the name "Mewtwo" is extremely wrong and others already mentioned the attack and the damage. I am 100% sure it is a fake. Why would Mewtwo be Electric type anyway?
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:07 AM
Abusoru
Absol-ute Fan

Originally Posted by Shukuen Shinobi
Judging as how the picture of the card is bright, while the rest of the card is faded (obviously because of the scanner.) I am guessing that you photoshopped the card, since the text on MEWTWO is REALLY bad..

I don't want to be accusing you of lying, but I am just stating my opinon that from what I can tell, the card was completly photshopped.

I agree. A bad photoshop job.
Old July 15th, 2004, 08:23 AM
ravenstorture

Location: A place with my earmuffs trying to zone out Toto vacuuming Ash o.o; XD
Send a message via ICQ to ravenstorture Send a message via AIM to ravenstorture Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ravenstorture Send a message via Yahoo to ravenstorture
I know that the people who make Pokemon Cards (Wizards of the Coast in this case) do sometimes make mistakes (like Nintendo did with Sandstorm Marril) but they would not make a mistake this big. It is fake. Not saying that you did lie, just saying that I think you did.

EDIT: The same guy went to the PokeGym forums and said the same thing and everyone there says it is fake also. Here is the link if anyone wants it.http://www.pokegym.net/showthread.php?t=8625

Last edited by Ryan; July 15th, 2004 at 01:42 PM.
Old December 10th, 2004, 01:42 AM
oltigro
Deoxys King

My fav and most rare cards are: Magmar ex, Hitmonchan ex, Rocket's Zapdos & my most fav Rocket's Moltres ex (which i got on friday)

Oh and can someone make a trainers card for me.
tell me wat i have to do and ill do it when i get the chance. :D
Old December 10th, 2004, 03:16 AM
Imakuni?
Pokémon Master

Send a message via AIM to Imakuni? Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Imakuni?
it has Zapdos's description at thebottom, and says zapdos on the attacks

Also, while you're here, check out my GSC music project:
Thread | PureVolume
Old December 10th, 2004, 04:29 AM
Neko-sama
The Perverted GFX God

Nature: Naughty
lol if your going to give us a good convo about if a card is fake atleast give us a challenge! i bet if any of us saw it in real life it would be some zapdos card and some newb cut out a mewtwo pic and stapled it on infront of zapdos lol

Pokemon Breeder, Evolution Stones & Shards Distributor.
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code = 4683 9403 1386
Novice IV Breeder(For Hire!) - Best Outcomes So Far...
Qwilfish(
0/31/31/18/21/31)
Gligar (31/11/23/19/6/31)
Just finished watching Toradora! OMG I wished it hadn't ended >.<
Old December 10th, 2004, 05:32 AM
MiNuN*
『yakusoku no nohara』

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiNuN*
Lol. (Kristofer is right)
Why'd you waste our time man, who would believe that is real, that merely some computer work put into it and some cutting work, then some lying work then some running away from the pros that you didnt trick work man.
(not abusing or anything, but nice try)
Old December 10th, 2004, 04:02 PM
ravenstorture

People, please do not revive dead threads!
Old December 10th, 2004, 04:58 PM
MiNuN*
『yakusoku no nohara』

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to MiNuN*
O____________O I didnt know it was revived. Exactly who revived it? (better be not me)
Old December 10th, 2004, 05:35 PM
ravenstorture

oltigro did. Notice how he posted today, and the last post before that was back in July. o.O;
Old September 30th, 2012, 07:57 PM
cookiemuncha
Unhatched Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboyjohn View Post
right this card is definately genuine because i got it in an official neo discovery booster pack. it's very odd looking: the top-left corner says "basic pokemon" then "mewtwo", and the picture is a shiny mewtwo with a pink/purple background. most of the card appears to be holographic (?). it has a resistance to , 80HP and a retreat cost of .

right, now apart from all those things and the presence of the "neo discovery" pyramid-esque logo at the bottom-right corner of the picture, the card is A BASE SET 2 ZAPDOS!??!?!
the length and weight stats are zapdos, it says "electric pokemon", the background is yellow, it has the symbol in the top-left corner, it has zapdos' "thunder" and "thunderbolt" attacks with the correct energy costs, it has a weakness, it has the description box at the bottom for zapdos, and the bottom-right corner of the card says "20/130".

the only other difference between this and a regular zapdos is that damage value for the "thunder" attack is in the wrong FONT, that there is no damage value for the "thunderbolt" attack, that this card has 10 less HP than base 2 zapdos, and also "thunder" does only 50 damage on this card as opposed to 60 on base 2 zapdos.

the picture APPEARS to be that of the 1st movie promo mewtwo, yet the mewtwo's pose is mirrored, and the background is pink/purple and shiny.

i have looked extensively for information about this card on the internet, with no results. can someone please give me some info, tell me whether it IS unique, and give me some kind of value estimate.

here's my card:

and for reference here's the pic from 1st movie promo mewtwo:

and a regular base set 2 zapdos:

thankyou
I have a Mewtwo which has the description of a Zapdos, and it's attacks. HP oh 550. It has 2nd edition and two stars where it would have the jungle/fossil type picture nomrally. Its so weird. . .
Old September 30th, 2012, 08:09 PM
Demon.
Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I have never seen the likes of this. An 8 year bump?
Old October 1st, 2012, 06:17 AM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Please do not revive threads that are over a month old that you did not make!

By the way, the card discussed by the OP is clearly a fake, and I didn't even have to read the whole thread to know that, and the card cookiemuncha posted that they have is a fake as well. The dead giveaways are the attacks in a different font from normal, the 550 HP, the Mewtwo picture on the body of a Zapdos card, the Neo Discovery symbol on a Base to Rocket era card style, and a few other signs.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here