Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old September 17th, 2012 (04:37 AM).
TACHAN

Hi!

How can I do that it could fight against a wild special pokemon of level 0 or 255?
I want to do it without the normal Pokemon raise to more of the level 100.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULNIpD5W6Ms&feature=player_detailpage#t=41s
Old September 17th, 2012 (04:07 PM).
nuzamaki90
Knight of The Volt

Nature: Relaxed
iirc, all you have to do is change the max level limit in the script from 100 to 255.
Old September 17th, 2012 (04:17 PM).
Whitney's Shaymin
Creator Of Pokemon Grace
Community Supporter

Nature: Timid
@nuzamaki90
That would mean regular Pokemon would go over 100 he doesn't want that to happen. therefore we need a different method!
Old September 19th, 2012 (07:14 AM).
TACHAN

Quote originally posted by pokemoner2500:
@nuzamaki90
That would mean regular Pokemon would go over 100 he doesn't want that to happen. therefore we need a different method!
Exactly!
There is some idea?
Old September 23rd, 2012 (09:57 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

I recommend you to edit only the level displayed in the battle message box (in Pokemon_ActualScene change line 'textpos.push([_INTL("Lv{1}",@battler.level),@spritebaseX+202,8,true,base,shadow])' to display fixed levels for these pokémon.

To make some species with different max level, you need to edit all scripts where 'MAXLEVEL' are read and change to something like 'levellimit(species)' and make the def:

Code:
def levellimit(species)
  ([PBSpecies::MISSINGNO, PBSpecies::SOMEOTHERPOKEMON, PBSpecies::SOMEANOTHERPOKEMON].include?(species)) ? return 255 : return MAXLEVEL
end
You need to put a way to read the species, so you need to edit some methods to pass this attribute.
Old September 24th, 2012 (02:24 AM).
TACHAN

Quote originally posted by FL .:
I recommend you to edit only the level displayed in the battle message box (in Pokemon_ActualScene change line 'textpos.push([_INTL("Lv{1}",@battler.level),@spritebaseX+202,8,true,base,shadow])' to display fixed levels for these pokémon.

To make some species with different max level, you need to edit all scripts where 'MAXLEVEL' are read and change to something like 'levellimit(species)' and make the def:

Code:
def levellimit(species)
  ([PBSpecies::MISSINGNO, PBSpecies::SOMEOTHERPOKEMON, PBSpecies::SOMEANOTHERPOKEMON].include?(species)) ? return 255 : return MAXLEVEL
end
You need to put a way to read the species, so you need to edit some methods to pass this attribute.
Thanks You!

Also must I change the MAXLEVEL of the script Compiler?
Old September 26th, 2012 (03:53 AM).
FL
Pokémon Island Creator

Quote originally posted by TACHAN:
Thanks You!

Also must I change the MAXLEVEL of the script Compiler?
The Compiler's MAXLEVEL is just a block to won't allow the developers to use levels out of range in PBS. You can change it to 255.

Sponsored Links