The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Trading Card Game

Notices

Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 15th, 2012, 07:44 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Advertise here
Source: http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-tr...bw_series/bw7/

So it looks like we're getting our biggest expansion since the Supreme Victors megaset.

Any cards you're excited for in the set's release in English? Black Kyurem and White Kyurem are supposed to be in it, as well as the Ace Specs for each of them.
Old September 16th, 2012, 03:37 AM
Tanaki
←Lazy ADHD Trainer

Nature: Quirky
I'm more pumped for Keldeo EX and Computer Search. Sexiest full art and most playable ace spec in the game, respectively.

White: 0433-0461-0045
Soulsilver: 1334-9895-4497
Old September 16th, 2012, 04:00 AM
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

Nature: Serious
At the moment it's just Computer Search I want to get my hands on.
Old September 16th, 2012, 07:10 AM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Nature: Bold
I'm looking forward to Computer Search and surprisingly: Escape Rope. It's a re-made Warp Point, and I'd love to play that over Switch.
Old September 16th, 2012, 10:37 AM
KenXEcker
Pokemon Professor

Nature: Relaxed
I'm looking forward to Blastoise/Keldeo decks. It'll be the new Reshiboar with more damage output! Especially with Skyla allowing you to search for a trainer, hello T2 Blastoise! I'm also digging the Bicycle engine, a trainer that allows you to draw until you have 4 cards in hand.

Landorus EX seems nice, but I think everyone is going to want Keldeo for sure. Celebi EX could be useful somehow, just don't know how yet... Cresselia EX is just crap from what I remember, and the 2 Kyurem EX's are alright I guess, not overly impressed.

What really surprises me is the size of this set, 149 cards not including the secret rares? Seeing how the Japanese equivalent sets have 59 a piece, I guess we're getting an additional 31 cards that would probably come out of Plasma Gale (to those who don't know, it was just released in Japan a few days ago) or be US Exclusive cards...
Twitter

<3Pokemon<3
Old September 16th, 2012, 12:54 PM
K1ngQu33n
Electrical Swampert

Nature: Relaxed
Yay! I wanna collect em all!

B/W 2 FC: 4213 2061 7946
Old September 16th, 2012, 04:11 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenXEcker View Post
I'm looking forward to Blastoise/Keldeo decks. It'll be the new Reshiboar with more damage output! Especially with Skyla allowing you to search for a trainer, hello T2 Blastoise! I'm also digging the Bicycle engine, a trainer that allows you to draw until you have 4 cards in hand.

Landorus EX seems nice, but I think everyone is going to want Keldeo for sure. Celebi EX could be useful somehow, just don't know how yet... Cresselia EX is just crap from what I remember, and the 2 Kyurem EX's are alright I guess, not overly impressed.

What really surprises me is the size of this set, 149 cards not including the secret rares? Seeing how the Japanese equivalent sets have 59 a piece, I guess we're getting an additional 31 cards that would probably come out of Plasma Gale (to those who don't know, it was just released in Japan a few days ago) or be US Exclusive cards...
Last I checked, TPCI doesn't do US-exclusive cards. My thought process was that these are more likely cards that are getting the US caught up to Japan's releases, which is the same reason Supreme Victors was so big. I'm not exactly sure what the number difference is between the corresponding sets in each country at this point. I'm fairly sure we still haven't gotten a few earlier cards.
Old September 16th, 2012, 05:17 PM
Haxorus3465
Turn Down For What

Nature: Bold
*What about that Ferrothorn with Power Whip? Isn't that a US Exclusive? or The McD Promos?

...oh wait, never mind... Ferrothorn was printed in Japanese in a few sets after...
Old September 16th, 2012, 06:19 PM
donavannj
The Melody Pokémon

Both TPCI and Wizards have done releases of cards Stateside where they weren't released in Japan beforehand, but those typically aren't very common.
Old September 18th, 2012, 05:56 AM
AquaticWartortle
Teh Best Wartortle

Nature: Quiet
Probably the best B/W set so far! (Mainly because of Wartortle ) I'm also going for a Keldeo EX Blastoise deck (Rain Dance FTW! :D)

I love how they got rid of the Blastoise lines terrible electric weakness at the moment. Looking competitively I can already see Vileplume in Worlds (sort of) Landorus EX is a great Dark & Eel counter, Celebi looks good but nothing to pair it up with.....yet, Cresselia would go well with 4 Ability Serperiors, Potions, plasma stadium, Colress machine, and plasma energy! The Kyurems only work well with Blastoise/Emboar, and Charizard/Emboar would also be a great deck with 150 damage outputs & your opponent only takes 1 prize for Charizard! :D And Golduck is very good for early play (two water for 90!), i'm going to use him in my Keldeo/Blastoise deck for sure! Overall my favorite set, it has some very good cards but not the best EXs.....But the Ace Specs are great (except gold potion) so 10/10

Credits: XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here