The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > The PokéCommunity Archives > ARCHIVED: Battle Center

Notices

ARCHIVED: Battle Center This forum is designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! The main forum is meant for discussions, battle requests, battle logs, and other threads related to battling. Look to the sub-forums for events and team help.

Advertise here

Old September 7th, 2012, 08:24 AM
ForYouu
Time Traveler

Nature: Quiet

Advertise here
Hey guys, I have just thought of an idea that could be... unbeatable if used properly.

Sorry if this idea is already in place, I just wanted to get it out of my head for everyone to use and exploit

So, get a shuckle and a pokemon that can use Trick Room

Make the Shuckle know these moves and abilitity = Sturdy, just to negate 1 hit ko's

Earthquake - Rock Slide
Power Trick - Rest?

Annd, a pokemon that can use Trick Room, doesn't matter who. Just... better powerful than not powerful for other use. Also! Have some decent amount of defence so it won't dive before it shines.

Anyway, so on the first turn the pokemon that can use Trick Room uses it and Shuckle with it's horrible speed will probably go last which is when it uses Power Trick to switch it's ATTK and DEF. So, really bad Defense, really good attack. Yay! Then because it's slow as heck, it'll go first! So, the Earthquake and Rockslide are great as they hit both pokemon.

If this has helped you... I don't know, hopefully this will help you but if it doesn't don't shout at me

Thanks.
Old September 7th, 2012, 01:58 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
This is a tried-and-true tactic with Shuckle; I hate to say this, but that strategy tends to need a lot of time and luck to set up (your Pokemon using Trick Room, switching to Shuckle, then using Shuckle's Power Trick). The 3 steps I outlined in parentheses will essentially give Shuckle only 2 Trick Room turns to sweep; after those turns, it'll most likely get KO'd.

Old September 9th, 2012, 01:08 AM
ForYouu
Time Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatinumDude View Post
This is a tried-and-true tactic with Shuckle; I hate to say this, but that strategy tends to need a lot of time and luck to set up (your Pokemon using Trick Room, switching to Shuckle, then using Shuckle's Power Trick). The 3 steps I outlined in parentheses will essentially give Shuckle only 2 Trick Room turns to sweep; after those turns, it'll most likely get KO'd.

Okay, thanks for replying. Peace
Old September 9th, 2012, 01:10 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
But it works in double battles pretty well
You go for Trick Room on Trick Roomer and Power Trick/Protect (to ensure not being sweeped) on Shuckle.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 10th, 2012, 08:10 AM
ForYouu
Time Traveler

Oh! PlatinumDude. Sorry if I didn't explain, I meant this for a double battle.

EDIT: Is there anyone I can ask for a "standard" signature involving a picture?
Old September 17th, 2012, 08:14 PM
folksychipmunk

Nature: Lax
My fav i have seen for shuckle is a baton pass team into a shuckle. Never tried it myself just seen theorycraft an discusiions in random places might wana look into it =] Shuckle be my all time fav poke

Old September 21st, 2012, 03:34 PM
.MiKeY
Rabid Knight

Nature: Calm
The only thing a Shuckle should be doing on a doubles team is Power/ Guard spliting as it's too frail after a Power Trick to survive for more than a turn. Plus With the abundance of Thundurus, Taunt would be the thing I could think of to make sure that Shuckle will not be getting that extra boost.

Last edited by .MiKeY; September 21st, 2012 at 03:39 PM.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here