• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

The Leafy Forest v2.0 [Grass-Type Fan Club]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
154f.gif
The Leafy Forest v2.0
497.gif

A Grass Type Fan Club

275.gif

Introduction

Owner: Leaf Storm
153.png
542.png

Welcome to a quiet area of the Pokemon Clubs, an area filled with trees, green grass, and many flowers of all kinds. This is the Leafy Forest, version 2.0. Why version 2.0? I was the previous owner of the first version of the club back in 2011, but it was closed down because I was taking over other duties. But, I've reincarnated this club, and will make it better than ever. This club is for anyone who loves, cherishes, and adores any type of grass-type Pokemon. Whether you like to choose a grass-type starter, or a fan of certain types of moves or Pokemon in general, this is the club for you!

Bring your watering cans, and sunshine…you'll need a lot of that!

542.gif

Rules

1. All Global PokeCommunity Rules apply
2. Spam is 20% not cool, man.
3. Zero tolerance for flaming/trolling/baiting. Any of that will be reported to OzCake and Olli.
4. Of course, stay active!
5. Any member here is more than welcome to start a topic. However, don't start a new topic if the current one hasn't died down for more than 1 day.
6. As this is a forest, please refrain from bringing fire, or matches.
7. Have fun. That's more important!

407f.gif

Members

AlexOzzyCake
252.png
590.png

Hikari10
495.png
407.png

MidnightShine
387.png
512.png

ShinyUmbreon189
152.png
103.png

GolurkisdaBomb
387.png
047.png

Cirno
495.png
547.png

Avishka
1.png
549.png

Rainbow Arcanine
252.png
45.png

Seraphimon-sama
495.png
251.png

droomph
252.png
274.png

TheLeetCasualGamer
252.png
470.png

ThatIceMan
495.png
470.png

ゆりあき
495.png
640.png

Sector Revenge
1.png
251.png

Rambagos
387.png
598.png

Aryan143
252.png
407.png

549.gif

Name:
Partner Pokemon: (One Grass-Type starter & one of your choice. To be explained below)
Password: (The strongest grass-type attack, aka the owner of this club!)
Topic Answer:

001.gif

Partner Pokemon & Level-Up System

You are to choose two Pokemon when you join the club. One of your Pokemon MUST be a starter. Why? Your starter Pokemon grows and evolves based on experience. So, when you begin, you start off with an unevolved starter Pokemon. Then, after 10 posts, your starter will evolve into your stage 1 form (aka Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur, Treecko -> Grovyle, etc). Your starter Pokemon will evolve into their final forms (Meganium, Serperior, etc) if you prove your activity, and/or contributiveness. That is based upon the decision of the owner of the club. So, it is important to be active!

Starters
Spoiler:

For your 2nd Partner Pokemon, you may choose one of these grass-type Pokemon. Keep in mind that none of the starters and their evolved forms are not in this list.

Grass-Type Pokemon available to choose
Spoiler:

586-summer.gif

Topics

Talk about the Pokemon you chose while you signed up! Why did you choose them?
Grass-Types: How often do you use them in the games?
What *do* you like about grass-types?
On the Anime, which grass-type Pokemon do you find the cutest? Toughest?
Do you think there should be a grass/fighting starter, just like Fire starters have fire/fighting? Why?
What halloween costume would look good on your Partner Pokemon? (both of them!) Be creative :D

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Name: AlexOzzyCake
Partner Pokemon:
252.gif
&
590.gif

Password: Ain't no Pokémon gonna survive my Leaf Storm!

Explain why you chose your two Pokémon
THESE WERE REALLY HARD CHOICES HOW DARE YOU EXPECT ME TO MAKE SUCH DIFFICULT DECISIONS. /pouts

*ahem* With the starter I was torn completely between Treecko and Snivy. I absolutely adore them both; they're everything that Grass types should be imo. They're agile, tricky, dexterous, sneaky and most of all they can take a punch. These are all qualities I associate largely with Grass type Pokémon and I feel that these two starters summarize them very well; as for how I decided between the two, Luke chose Treecko for me :p

Choosing a second Pokémon was also incredibly difficult, but easier :D I was stuck between Sewaddle (my favourite Grass type), Foongus (my second favourite), and Snover (it's just really cool and interesting xD), but I chose Foongus because it's just utterly adorable. Look up at it's sprite and tell me I'm wrong! The way it moves it's little arms around n'awwww <333 I've always loved Foongus from the start partially because it's freaking adorable, but also because I love Poison types (Grass/Poison in particular), so there wasn't much chance of me disliking the little mushroom Pokémon. I also love it's evolution because despite being a huge derp face, it's actually pretty cute and can make for an incredibly interesting team member in a battle (seriously, if you've never tried using an Amoonguss I definitely recommend it). The reason I chose it over the other two is simply because Snover's evolution is horrific and I fear that Sewaddle would be chosen by everyone and I'm vain like that. xD

Years
Name: Hikari10
Partner Pokemon: Snivy & Roserade
Password: Leaf Storm
Topic Answer: I picked these two Pokemon cos Roserade is my fave Grass-type in general which hits hard and Snivy is my fave Grass-type starter.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND THAT CHOOSING A GRASS-TYPE STARTER IS DIFFICULT. I APOLOGIZE FOR MAKING THIS HARD. I mean, welcome aboard, you two! <3

Let's see. I chose Chikorita and Leavanny. Everytime I begin a playthrough on Silver or Soulsilver, I always choose Chikorita. Not Totodile, not Cyndaquil. I know that choosing a starter would not do much help in the 1st gym *sometimes*, but you can always train them. My Chikorita is easy to train, and always cooperates when in battle. :D

There's a different reason on why I chose Leavanny. When I first saw Sewaddle on the anime, I completely fell for it. Like...I wanted one for my game. So I went ahead and caught one at Pinwheel Forest. Trained it, and it evolved into a Swadloon. Back then, I wasn't fully aware of the whole new set of Pokemon, so I was sure that Swadloon was Sewaddle's final form. As Swadloon reached L26 in one battle, it evolved again. I was like "THAT'S IMPOSSIBLE WHAT." And it evolved into a Leavanny. Alongside another Pokemon I had, it was my powerhouse Pokemon. :D Since then, it is considered as my second favorite grass-type Pokemon alongside Meganium. <3

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Name: MidnightShine
Partner Pokemon:
387.gif
+
512.gif

Password: Go Torterra , use Leaf Storm!!!
Topic Answer: Why? I had always been a fan of tortoise/turtle shaped Pokemon so Turtwig suits me just fine. I chose Simisage based of design, it looks rather......unique, I guess.

I just love Grass types, I'll choose the Grass type starter every time I play a new game , except for my Pokemon White, lol!!!

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Username: ShinyUmbreon189
Partner Pokemon: Chikorita and Exeggutor.

152.gif
103.gif

Password: Leaf Storm. But I prefer Sunny Day then 4 Solarbeams!
Topic Answer: Chikorita is just cool imo. Not because it looks cool but she's very underrated and I've smoked Falkner with just Chikorita in SS before. I picked Exeggutor because he's also Psychic type and a very reliable Grass Pokemon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
There's a different reason on why I chose Leavanny. When I first saw Sewaddle on the anime, I completely fell for it. Like...I wanted one for my game. So I went ahead and caught one at Pinwheel Forest. Trained it, and it evolved into a Swadloon.

Paha, that's the exact same reason I love Sewaddle. xD It's so freaking cute in the anime! The way it playfully swings from tree to tree and the nuzzling thing it does to communicate and sdljgd so cute! It's impossible not to fall in love with it x] One thing I am curious about though; how could you not have seen Leavanny if you'd watched that episode? They were in the same episode and it says Leavanny evolves from Sewaddle xD But yeah I agree, that episode does a lot for Sewaddle's appeal and really turned it into a lovable Pokémon indeed <3

Years
Name: GolurkIsDaBomb
Partner Pokemon:
387.gif
047.gif

Password: LeafLeafyLeafStormLeafyStormyLeafyStormStormyLeafyLeaf.
Topic Answer: Turtwig is the only grass pokemon that is also part ground, which I love (cuz ground types rule). I love Torterra's name, design, moveset. (physical grass starter, what'll they think up next?! :P) and turtwig is adorable. As for Parasect, I love that pokemon! I LOVE spamming spore, and while not the best grass type (at least not in third gen which is where I used it) it's still an awesome pokemon with the grass typing so there!

As for sewaddle, aw man I love those guys! My leavanny was awesome (before she died in my nuzlocke) and was really strong. And sewaddle is so cute! :D

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Welcome you three. <3 Great to see ya here in this serene forest. :D

I see we have another Chikorita fan here! Kudos to ShinyUmbreon. :D I adore the Chikorita family as well! I know it's a bit underrated when used during game, but you can contain its adorableness! :D

AlexOzzyCake said:
Paha, that's the exact same reason I love Sewaddle. xD It's so freaking cute in the anime! The way it playfully swings from tree to tree and the nuzzling thing it does to communicate and sdljgd so cute! It's impossible not to fall in love with it x] One thing I am curious about though; how could you not have seen Leavanny if you'd watched that episode? They were in the same episode and it says Leavanny evolves from Sewaddle xD But yeah I agree, that episode does a lot for Sewaddle's appeal and really turned it into a lovable Pokémon indeed <3

I wasn't fully aware of it until after my Swadloon evolved. I wasn't paying attention!

Years
  • Seen Mar 13, 2023
Thank you, Leaf Storm ^^.

May I start a new topic, if so......

Grass types, how often do you use them in the games?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
I wouldn't see a problem in starting a new topic. Were here to talk about Grass Pokemon in general right?

I don't use them all the time but during gameplay's I try to get ahold of one. In HG/SS I liked using Bellossom. Shes actually really good and I also like using Vileplume and Victrebell as well for FR/LG. In Platinum I liked using Roserade and in R/S/E I would try to use Shiftry or Ludicolo.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Name : Rainbow Arcanine
Partner Pokemon: Treecko and Vileplume
Password: Leaf Storm!
Topic Answer: I usually use a grass type Pokemon in every game, they're honestly great battlers. Since I'm kind of a status-condition user, they're also something I treasure in my team xD.So far I've used :Victreebel, Vileplume,Roserade,Breloom,Sceptile and Serperior xD. I might have a go with Sunflora or Parasect some time soon.

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Name: Avishka
Partner Pokemon:
001.gif
&
549.gif

Password: leaf storm!!!
Topic Answer:
bulbasuar is gen 1 pokemon :P :P and Bulbasaur is the only one I really, really like. I also love bulbasaur because of its fast growth rate. It is very easy to raise and levels of up quickly.
lilligant bcuz it is cute.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Guys just a note, the rules state "5. Any member here is more than welcome to start a topic. However, don't start a new topic if the current one hasn't died down for more than 1 day." so bare that in mind in future as the current topic was certainly not dead and shouldn't have been replaced yet, so it's up to Megan which topic she'd prefer to stay for now. :)

As for Parasect, I love that pokemon! I LOVE spamming spore, and while not the best grass type (at least not in third gen which is where I used it) it's still an awesome pokemon with the grass typing so there!
Woo, finally another Parasect fan! :D I love that over-grown mushroom, it's so much fun to use in-game and it's moves are really interesting for competitive battle :D Shame it dies incredibly easily to anything that's super effective against it because Parasect could be a proper tank if used against the right enemies :3 It's an adorable Pokémon and in my opinion it's very underrated, but I suppose based on it's stats not too many people would be open to trying it out xD Understandable tbh! But who wouldn't want a giant mushroom on their team? B)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Um... thanks for that, OzCake xD Originally, I have plans to start "topic-discussing" until tomorrow. So MidnightShine, I'll keep your suggestion for tomorrow's first official topic. Right now, we are still discussing about our partner Pokemon. :D

With that, welcome aboard for those who just joined. Avishka, can you expand a bit on exactly why Lilligant is cute? Have you seen it in an anime episode? It is good @ battling? Anything like that? I'm really interested to see that.

Years
All right, I really want to get back into clubbing again, so here I am~!

Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Snivy (oh my godd how I wish I could choose Chikorita too) and Whimsicott
Password: Go, Snivy, use Leaf Storm!
Topic Answer: I didn't start loving Snivy until a little while after B/W's release. Its line was all right to me at first, but eventually later down the line, something just "clicked" with me and Snivy. <3 Plus it can get pretty strong with Swords Dance + Leaf Blade, which is one of my favorite comboes.

Whimsicott is reallyyyy cute (like Snivy) and fluffy, plus really fun to play with! I love the moves it learns and can't seem to keep it off my team no matter what now. :DD

But yeah, I also adore Chikorita because it is really cute (yep, I love cute). It's rather weak and doesn't learn many good moves, but does make a decent wall in the game when evolved.

Years
  • Seen Jul 22, 2014
Name: Seraphimon-sama
Partner Pokemon: Snivy and Celebi
Topic Answer: I picked Snivy because it is so cute, and I picked Celebi for the same reason and because it shares a type with my favourite type (Psychic).

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
welcome new members!!!
With that, welcome aboard for those who just joined. Avishka, can you expand a bit on exactly why Lilligant is cute? Have you seen it in an anime episode? It is good @ battling? Anything like that? I'm really interested to see that.

Lilligant can focus on Quiver Dancing, etc. And its artwork are my favorites from all the grass pokemon and it is stunningly beautiful!~ <3
the sprites are also cute <3
Lilligant_BW.gif
Shiny_Lilligant_BW.gif

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
All right, I really want to get back into clubbing again, so here I am~!

Name: Cirno
Partner Pokemon: Snivy (oh my godd how I wish I could choose Chikorita too) and Whimsicott
Password: Go, Snivy, use Leaf Storm!
Topic Answer: I didn't start loving Snivy until a little while after B/W's release. Its line was all right to me at first, but eventually later down the line, something just "clicked" with me and Snivy. <3 Plus it can get pretty strong with Swords Dance + Leaf Blade, which is one of my favorite comboes.

Whimsicott is reallyyyy cute (like Snivy) and fluffy, plus really fun to play with! I love the moves it learns and can't seem to keep it off my team no matter what now. :DD

But yeah, I also adore Chikorita because it is really cute (yep, I love cute). It's rather weak and doesn't learn many good moves, but does make a decent wall in the game when evolved.

YAY CIRNY! Welcome aboard to the leafy forest <3. I did knew that you'd be choosing Whimsicott for some reason, because it's been your favorite! :3 I have a Cottonee in my game but I have yet to evolve it, I need a Sun Stone for that. D:

Name: Seraphimon-sama
Partner Pokemon: Snivy and Celebi
Topic Answer: I picked Snivy because it is so cute, and I picked Celebi for the same reason and because it shares a type with my favourite type (Psychic).

I actually adore Celebi! One of my favorite grass-type legendaries alongside Virizion. Also, expand a bit on why Snivy is cute. I know it's cute but...any reason why? xD

welcome new members!!!

Lilligant can focus on Quiver Dancing, etc. And its artwork are my favorites from all the grass pokemon and it is stunningly beautiful!~ <3
the sprites are also cute <3
Lilligant_BW.gif
Shiny_Lilligant_BW.gif

Ahh, okay! I actually like the Shiny sprite a lot more than the regular. It's going to take some time to find/RNG a shiny Petilil to evolve it to shiny Lilligant. I do agree, it is "stunningly beautifuuuul :D"

Kay, now I'm starting a new topic! MidnightShine brought this topic before so now I'm finally approving it as first official group topic: Grass-Types, how often do you use them in the games?

droomph

weeb
Years
ascííííí

Name: droomph
Partner Pokemon: Treecko and Nuzleaf
Topic Answer: I don't force myself to use grass-types, but if I happen to stumble upon one, I'll use it :3

But if I have a choice between treecko and another starter, or can get a nuzleaf I'll always take Treecko <3 that's my only conscious thoughts about grass types :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back