The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat

Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 30th, 2012 (02:27 PM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I'm going to change the topic to HALLOWEEENNN FUN.. since I don't like where this is being steered, and I rather not go down this route.

I just got finished watching Zombieland! I hadn't watched it before and it was good fun! Any of you have a favourite horror film?
Old October 30th, 2012 (02:42 PM).
Mr Cat Dog
It takes a lot to make a stew

Nature: Relaxed
Psycho, closely followed by The Shining. They're the only ones that can genuinely creep me out for hours after watching them. Mainly because they're not so reliant on 'shock'-horror, and more based upon psychological terror as well as awesome film-making skills. The music in both films, for example, can still make me really nervous just by listening to them.
Old October 30th, 2012 (02:52 PM).
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Cat Dog View Post
Psycho, closely followed by The Shining. They're the only ones that can genuinely creep me out for hours after watching them. Mainly because they're not so reliant on 'shock'-horror, and more based upon psychological terror as well as awesome film-making skills. The music in both films, for example, can still make me really nervous just by listening to them.
Did you ever see The Shining's remake with terrible CGI lions?!
Man.. I saw a bit of it on TV one year and it was just.. >_> no.

Haha! I think I'm gonna read MPD Psycho tonight to get into the haunted mood. Never read it but it is supposed to be a creepy manga. :3 A friend of mine let me borrow the first book.
Old October 30th, 2012 (02:59 PM).
Gleam Noiyam
Pop Goes the Gleamsel.
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
Send a message via AIM to Gleam Noiyam Send a message via Skype™ to Gleam Noiyam
RAINBOWS ARE EVIL. EVIL, EVIL, EVIL, EVIL, EVIL!

Anyway... speaking of Halloween.... no one is going to really be celebrating this year due to the aftermath of hurricane Sandy... u_u School was cancelled due to no power--but I will still dress up as a nerd anyhow. As for haunted houses I wanna go to one so bad but daddy will not pay for us to go to one.
Sheep and I fangirl about cute stuff too much. Current theme. Current obsessions.

Old October 30th, 2012 (05:04 PM).
Esper

Sad that all this destruction is going to linger for quite a while. No fun Halloween for lots of kids.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 30th, 2012 (05:08 PM).
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3
Community Supporter Tier 3

That's sad :( Not a very good time for a storm to hit and cause a lot of destruction =/ Then again it's never a good time ^^;
Old October 30th, 2012 (06:05 PM).
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
Yeah it's pretty hectic right now ey.
I might be feeling it a bit more because I have exams starting tomorrow but it's still pretty intense.
Old October 30th, 2012 (06:18 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
Sad that all this destruction is going to linger for quite a while. No fun Halloween for lots of kids.
I know a lot of places around me are just...rescheduling Halloween. I didn't think that was a thing you could do, but apparently you can!

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 30th, 2012 (07:25 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
I know a lot of places around me are just...rescheduling Halloween. I didn't think that was a thing you could do, but apparently you can!
I didn't think that could be done, but hey. At least the kids will still be happy in the end.

You are challenged by Lorekeeper Zinnia!
Pairs | Twitter | Alt | Alt II | PHO
Old October 30th, 2012 (07:42 PM).
Oryx
CoquettishCat
Community Supporter

Yeah I just have to wonder about the kids that don't hear about the rescheduling. Do houses now have to stay home to give out candy twice this week? I DON'T GET IT :(

Theme * Pair * VM * PM

Not all men...

Are all men stupid?

That's right.

Old October 30th, 2012 (07:46 PM).
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
All you kids get all the fun stuff like Hurricanes? Why doesn't that **** happen to me?

Yes, my life is that boring.
Old October 30th, 2012 (07:51 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Yeah I just have to wonder about the kids that don't hear about the rescheduling. Do houses now have to stay home to give out candy twice this week? I DON'T GET IT :(
If that were the case, I'd take advantage of it lol.

MORE CANDY.

Old October 30th, 2012 (07:52 PM).
GolurkIsDaBomb
Strawberry Sunrise, no ice.

Nature: Lonely
Quote:
They rescheduled Halloween for my town last year too, due to 3 feet of snow, trees and downed power lines getting in the way of the trick-or-treaters. :/

Maybe they should just consider moving Halloween for good, since October-Disaster seems to be a yearly thing now. D:
Old October 30th, 2012 (08:13 PM).
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

Nature: Calm
Hm Halloween here people just go trick or treating in malls nowadays, so the snow factor is sort of a non-issue by now. I don't think that they'll move halloween due to snow XD; Parents also find that it's safer to look after their kids, and the kids like it in the malls cause it's all the candies concentrated in one place instead of walking tons of streets. It's also very lively with a cheerful atmosphere with so many kids around too.
Old October 30th, 2012 (08:19 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frostweaver View Post
Hm Halloween here people just go trick or treating in malls nowadays, so the snow factor is sort of a non-issue by now. I don't think that they'll move halloween due to snow XD; Parents also find that it's safer to look after their kids, and the kids like it in the malls cause it's all the candies concentrated in one place instead of walking tons of streets. It's also very lively with a cheerful atmosphere with so many kids around too.
I think our local mall does a similar thing. I haven't heard anything on the radio, but then, I don't listen to the radio too often as it is. They're probably gonna do it though.

Old October 30th, 2012 (08:26 PM).
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

The entire west edmonton mall is probably extremely sufficient for most kids to trick or treat at XD; there's hardly any kids in the street in my neighborhood (maybe my neighborhood just aged?). I know that my boss's kids at work are also going to the mall though.

Too lazy to get a costume though... I thought about dressing up as something but no idea what, and eventually halloween is tomorrow already lol.
Old October 30th, 2012 (08:52 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Whaaat? They trick-or-treat in the malls in Edmonton?? What is this! >:[

I have such fond memories of dressing up in the cold when there was 3 feet of snow. You'd either need to really huge costume to fit over your winter parkas or you'd have to wear the winter parkas over your costume. So essentially it impossible to tell what anyone was supposed to be. xD;

I seriously have never heard of trick-or-treating in malls though. That's... really weird to me. o_O

previously known as lightning.
tumblrtwitter

Old October 30th, 2012 (09:16 PM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning View Post
I have such fond memories of dressing up in the cold when there was 3 feet of snow. You'd either need to really huge costume to fit over your winter parkas or you'd have to wear the winter parkas over your costume. So essentially it impossible to tell what anyone was supposed to be. xD;
I've had to do that so many times. There's such few times when we don't have snow for Halloween. You know you live in Canada when.

Old October 30th, 2012 (09:22 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I actually haven't lived in a place that snows around this time in years. I moved away from Edmonton when I was 6... but I still associate the holiday with snow regardless.

It's just gonna be rainy, windy, and miserable here tomorrow night, I think. :( I feel bad for the trick-or-treaters but not too bad because I get to keep the candy that doesn't get handed out whoo.

tumblrtwitter

Old October 30th, 2012 (10:17 PM).
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

I always thought that you lived in a dorm or something o_O I guess not? Cause... trick or treaters even visit college dorms? I doubt that XD College kids are probably out to be drunk and wasted.

Unfortunately for me, I'm still at work like every other wed from 3-9, and in the morning I have classes from 9-2 so it's not going to be a fun Halloween lol.
Old October 30th, 2012 (10:32 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

Nah, I live in a townhouse with my roommates. I got sick of dorms reeeally quickly. XD;

I won't be home to hand out candy anyway though since tomorrow is D&D night. :>

tumblrtwitter

Old October 30th, 2012 (10:45 PM).
Frostweaver
Ancient + Prehistoric

And DnD night, do you play in a place where kids may interrupt you then? For a halloween special, it's time to LARP out the DnD, go out to the streets with your plastic falchions! If the police ever ask, "we're here to do justice for the world and slaying them goblins! The guy in the pub said so, and my sense motive of 5 says that it's not shady."
Old October 30th, 2012 (11:10 PM).
Cherrim
the blossom pokémon

I don't know what the kids population is like at my friend's house. :s There aren't any elementary schools nearby and it's mostly student housing that close to the universities anyway so... it might not be too busy. Plus if it's storming like it has been for the last week, I don't think many people will bother going out.

LARPing might work! Though I'm the only one in my group short enough to even attempt to mimic our characters. ;P They're all super tall and play short characters (dwarf + gnome) but I'd probably get by just fine as a halfling 'cause I'm so short compared to everyone. And I guess the poor centaur might have an awkward time.

I doubt police would bother though. I think that sort of thing is the norm in my city, even on regular days. (It's Humans vs Zombies on campus this week. SO MANY PEOPLE are carrying nerf guns and belts and belts of ammo. See 'em on all the bus routes too lol.)

whoo university towns.

tumblrtwitter

Old October 31st, 2012 (05:03 AM).
Team Fail
See that, Aster?
Community Supporter

A old friend of mine is doing a Goron Suit-styled Link. It looks awesome, but he has long hair that detracts from it.

This year, I wanted to do a cosplay, but I'm putting it off until next year for a few good reasons.

Old October 31st, 2012 (05:45 AM).
Overlord Drakow
-CONQUERER

I don't really do anything for Halloween even though I like the holiday. I could probably dress up as I usually do and that would be good enough for a Halloween costume.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links