The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Chit Chat Café

Notices

Chit Chat Café Wondering what your fellow members are eating for breakfast? Want to chat about the weather or other silly things? Idle chit-chat and polls go here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Nature: Jolly
Aww man, i'd love to have a brother. I have a sister, and no disrespect to her because she is a really good sister, but I'd want someone that I could talk about boy things with. I would actually love an older brother, the person who's always there for you and someone you can count on.
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:29 PM
Esper

I kinda wish I'd had a sister instead of a brother. I think we might have gotten along better. Maybe not. I never did get along with family and it's strange to hear people talk about how close they are with their siblings.

deviantart blog pair
Old November 28th, 2012, 12:36 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Well yeah, I am actually quite close with my sister because we have the same sort of personality and like similar things; not meaning that we both do girl things or boy things but similar things in general. We used to not get on at all, but as I started growing up, we became closer and we are a lot nicer to each other now.
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:02 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling

Nature: Sassy
Two brothers and one sister, my sister being the only girl born in recent years, lol. My aunt has four boys and my uncle has no biological kids. They're.... a handful.
Old November 28th, 2012, 01:41 PM
Unknown#
'Cause why not?

Nature: Relaxed
I have three sisters, all of who are older than me and have been out of college and married for a few years now.

Yeah, its kind of awkward.

Old November 28th, 2012, 02:04 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

I like having older siblings, mainly because of the whole education thing. My sisters been through school and she can give me advice about it and what to do/what not to do and those kind of things. If it wasn't for her, I probably would've had a different school life.

In general, older siblings are really helpful. They're there for you, they support you and give you advice on everything you go through.
Old November 28th, 2012, 03:04 PM
Kura
vimeo.com/67501143

Nature: Serious
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kura
I've never really had an older sibling or older friend I could see as a sibling. I do, though, have a brother who is a couple years younger than me.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:11 PM
Lilith
Protect his very soul.

Nature: Calm
I have an older half brother and a twin brother. I always wanted a sister... My mom isn't very feminine, so I never really got to explore the many joys/woes of shoe shopping, skirt wearing, and purse hoarding. My dad taught me how to shave my legs, lol. He mostly helped out with homework too. You would think having a twin brother in school would be cool as well, but I haven't shared a class with him since kindergarten. :(

Old November 28th, 2012, 10:14 PM
Vader
League Champion

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Vader
I'm the eldest of three brothers, ages 18 & 19. The Peverell brothers ofc
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:28 PM
Toujours
Howling Poros

Nature: Sassy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
I like having older siblings, mainly because of the whole education thing. My sisters been through school and she can give me advice about it and what to do/what not to do and those kind of things. If it wasn't for her, I probably would've had a different school life.

In general, older siblings are really helpful. They're there for you, they support you and give you advice on everything you go through.
Do you live on the set of Leave It to Beaver? I feel like from your recent posts you like have helpful, friendly older siblings and family meals and etc.
Old November 28th, 2012, 10:57 PM
Minerva
take that money, watch it burn

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Skype™ to Minerva
I'm the middle child. I have two sisters, 31 being the oldest and 10 being the youngest. Yep, that's a huge gap there imo D: Honestly I'm more closer to my older sister than my younger, because we both have *nothing* in common...like nothing at all. xD

I really, really, really want a brother. We need a boy in the family...like legit. I can't talk sports and cars and video games with anyone in the house other than my dad, but he's usually working so...
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:36 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toujours View Post
Do you live on the set of Leave It to Beaver? I feel like from your recent posts you like have helpful, friendly older siblings and family meals and etc.
We, as a family, are very family oriented. It's us instead of anything else. We just like to spend time together as a 4 considering that the only time the whole family is home is during dinner time. I have one older sister that's really supportive of me and we get along.
Old November 28th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Welcome to York County, SC!

Nature: Quirky
I am "technically" a middle child, although my sister (in her 40's now) was already out of the house when I was born, so realistically, I've been the oldest child with my brother 1 year (minus 12 days) younger than me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pave Low View Post
Guess I was a horrible older sibling since all I did was wield my power to boss my younger brother around, lol. If he needed help I always told him, "Look it up yourself."

We get along better nowadays.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:02 AM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
I am "technically" a middle child, although my sister (in her 40's now) was already out of the house when I was born, so realistically, I've been the oldest child with my brother 1 year (minus 12 days) younger than me.

Guess I was a horrible older sibling since all I did was wield my power to boss my younger brother around, lol. If he needed help I always told him, "Look it up yourself."

We get along better nowadays.
Me and my sister were horrible at first. I was at fault of it all, I was annoying, bratty and just a bad brother in general. But, I was like 10. I guess it's just a case of immaturity on my behalf which led to me and my sister not being close at first.
Old November 29th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I have two younger sisters, ages 20 and 17. We dont really hang out much as one is at college and the other would rather hang out with her friends or spend a million hours a day watching TV and going on Facebook. Ah well.
Old November 29th, 2012, 09:03 AM
Team Fail

I don't even have any siblings. It's kinda lonely around the house at times .__.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old November 29th, 2012, 09:54 AM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™

My sister's gone AWOL. I haven't seen her in years, not since she lived in Nashville, TN. Since then, according to my dad, she's been bouncing around the US and Canada with her musician husband and I don't think any of us know when she'll be back to see us again.

If I had a younger sister I probably would've been nicer to her than I was to my brother.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old November 29th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Nature: Gentle
I have a younger brother and a younger sister. For the most part we get along. More than a lot of other siblings it seems. Especially my sister and I who, for the most part, are like best friends. Though like all sibling relationships we get angry at each other and such sometimes but that's no surprise.
Forum Games

Paired with Stand Alone and Eucliffe
Gallery - DeviantArt
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:28 AM
Esper

So, speaking of Christmas and family, do you get all your family members presents?

deviantart blog pair
Old November 29th, 2012, 11:31 AM
Shiny Celebi
Donator Tier 3

I buy a gift for all my family. I dont mind doing it, its usually very easy to choose gifts for them.
Old November 29th, 2012, 01:07 PM
Team Fail

I'd get gifts for my (grand)parents, but they don't usually want me to get anything for them.

Team Fail

Community Supporter Collab
☆ ☆ ☆

Old November 29th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Depending on my budget. Only being 14, I work for my friends' parents' from time to time. Luckily, I managed to get quite a few weeks in this year so looks like I can make my family happy. We all buy each other gifts, and sometimes we go on holiday, too!
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:02 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™

I just get my immediate family gifts, and then it's usually gift cards. If I tried to get them actual "gifts" I'd be getting everyone windshield wiper blades, spark plugs, and motor oil, lol

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:19 PM
Mr. Avocado
Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elite Overlord LeSabre™ View Post
If I tried to get them actual "gifts" I'd be getting everyone windshield wiper blades, spark plugs, and motor oil, lol
Probably as if to say "I hope you guys enjoy my gifts, now you can go and do some work on my LeSabre".

As an English, the LeSabre doesn't appeal to me entirely. In England it's more of the original 'cool' cars; Ferrari, Lamborghini, Chrysler...you get where I'm going with this.
Old November 29th, 2012, 02:39 PM
imevil
Biggest Scyther Fan

Nature: Naughty
I dont celebrate Christmas (muslim here) so no, no gifts from my family.
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links