The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Clubs

Notices

Pokémon Clubs This forum is for those who wish to start a club within the community. This forum is for Pokémon clubs; Fan Clubs & Groups is for everything else.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 29th, 2012, 07:09 PM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

Advertise here
I use steel type soo often, i can even remember my last 7 steel type pokemons i used.
Last steel type i used was Excadrill in pokemon white.

Old September 29th, 2012, 09:32 PM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Thanks for answering the current topic, u two & again, your userbar is much appreciated Aryan but can u shrink it down by size so people can actually insert it into their signature?

As for me: I use Steel types very often such as Steelix, Escavalier, Scizor & much more. I also have a new legit Japanese Genesect that has been traded to me so I'm currently using it & it's sure powerful.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old September 29th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Mochaccino
Unhatched Egg

I would like to join pretty-please! =3

Username: Mochaccino
Partner Pokemon: Empoleon and Aggron

How often do you use Steel types in the games?
I rarely use steel type pokes in my team, competitively that is. There are many steel types out there that could guarantee the match for you; for example Metagroos, Scizor (which I use), Skarmory and more. However I think they require someone who knows exactly how to take full advantage of their skills and high stats. I really want to learn more effective strategies to use steel types in the future.
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:11 PM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

New banner
Spoiler:

not as good as my other two but still hope you like it =)

Old September 29th, 2012, 10:21 PM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Yay, a new member. Please enjoy your time here, Mochaccino .

Yay for u Shivam too. Your banners are amzing & you have racked up 11P, you're catching up, keep up the great work, bro.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

Old September 29th, 2012, 10:39 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I guess I might contribute as well, here's a cute Klink banner.

Hope you like it!

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old September 29th, 2012, 10:43 PM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
So I resized it:

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old September 29th, 2012, 10:43 PM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

Thanks bro =D
and if anyone want any of my banners to be resized, just tell me and i'll do it.
On Current Topic :
having a Steel type in team always help cuz so many types are weak against Steel.
Let's take Emopoleon for example =
Normal, Flying, Rock, Bug, Ghost, Water, Psychic, Dragon, Dark type will do half damage on it.
Steel and Ice type will do even less then half damage on it.
And Poison type won't even make any damage on it.
It's only weak against Fighting, Ground and Electric type.

Old September 30th, 2012, 09:48 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
Username: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Ridley the Skarmory & Kraft the Steelix
Answer to current topic: When I had the game, I usually like to have one Steel type at least. My favorite to use is Skarmory, because he's real strong in terms of the defense side. Plus, I could use him in-game as an HM Slave & have him as a battler at the same time. Scizor was another, fast, strong & tricky. To be honest, as 2nd generation Pokemon, both of these really are a bit alike in terms of my liking scale x) I have a list of my top 15 favorite Pokemon, Skarmory is the only one that easily fit on that list. Branching out to 20, Scizor would be around 17-18. But steel is one of my favorite types. Surprisingly I don't have more up there.
Old September 30th, 2012, 10:51 PM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sector Revenge View Post
Username: Sector Revenge
Partner Pokemon: Ridley the Skarmory & Kraft the Steelix
Answer to current topic: When I had the game, I usually like to have one Steel type at least. My favorite to use is Skarmory, because he's real strong in terms of the defense side. Plus, I could use him in-game as an HM Slave & have him as a battler at the same time. Scizor was another, fast, strong & tricky. To be honest, as 2nd generation Pokemon, both of these really are a bit alike in terms of my liking scale x) I have a list of my top 15 favorite Pokemon, Skarmory is the only one that easily fit on that list. Branching out to 20, Scizor would be around 17-18. But steel is one of my favorite types. Surprisingly I don't have more up there.
Hello Sector, welcome to the club. Yeah, Skarmory's a good HM slave, that's for sure. Hope u'll huv fun here.

Note: There's a new event going on now with AlexOzzyCake's approval.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

Last edited by halcyonic; October 1st, 2012 at 02:26 AM.
Old September 30th, 2012, 11:08 PM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

Another banner.
Spoiler:

hope you peoples like it =)

Old October 1st, 2012, 02:49 AM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Major Notices:

A word with all of you, please. I have received a comment from AlexOzzyCake, a fellow member & moderator of Pokemon Club's saying how he wishes to be more active here. But, he included a notice to you all too.

He stated he would like some of you to actually post more & answer the current topic & not to only post banners & userbars most of the time. Yes, your works are appreciated but we do need the activity too. Also, if any of you wishes to donate a banner or either userbar, please make sure that it's able for people to fit it into their signature. That's all for now.

OK, back to the major part. On October 5th (Friday), we are going to organize a new event which will last for 3 days. In this event, you will be answering a quiz that consists of 8 questions & the answers must be sent to me via PM.

There will be two winners & each will win a legit Japanese Genesect for your Black/White or either future Black 2/White 2 version. Also, two consolation Aron's will be given out. These two will possibly have egg moves & guaranteed highest Attack & Defense stats. If you do not own any of these Pokemon titles, you are to transfer your gift to another member but in return, you will get maximum P's for winning this event.

All rules are below, please read:
1) Try not to search for the answers.
2) All entries that are posted here will not be accepted.
3) You are not to ask any other members here for help.
4) Do not rush for the results.
5) Have fun taking it.

Any questions can be directed to me via VM.

One last thing, u Shivam is now our 'Graphics Handyman' & any future events that include the use of a digital picture editing program will be co-hosted by him.

Thanks for reading & be sure to check out the OP for our new topic.

~Mid

sword art online II
phantom bullet

Last edited by halcyonic; October 4th, 2012 at 06:15 AM.
Old October 1st, 2012, 03:44 AM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

I will resize all of my banner.
On current topic :
my least Steel type favorite is Mawile.
It's just so scary and weird.
It just creeps me out.

Old October 1st, 2012, 04:14 AM
Aryan143
The Fennekin Fan!

Nature: Modest
Answering the Topic:

My least favourite Steal Type pokemon is also Mawile because even after being a Steel Type, it learns mostly Dark type moves by level up. In Gen 3, it was even more horibble because because Drak types moves were special in that generation and Mawile's special attack is very low.

Please click both of these links once in a day and help us grow:

Old October 1st, 2012, 05:49 AM
Mochaccino
Unhatched Egg

I'm actually shocked! I think Mawile is really cute! =< yes it's kinda creepy.. but the series didn't give it enough recognition.. I think it's a very unusual design, and it's just cute =3

On the current topic:

my least favorite steel type pokemon would be: Wormadam-Steel. And she earned this title very easily!

1- Her design, oh my hideousness what is this?? They clearly didn't work hard on creating her, a scary pink thing that has no actual resemblance whatsoever (maybe to a bug? but I've never seen anything like that..) it's just not appealing, and the fact that it's a pink, steel type bug.. really? If it was silver maybe it would be much more appealing, and I would be convinced that it's a steel type poke!

2- Her typing, even though the combination of bug and steel gives her immunity to almost all types, it's clearly an easy KO if it faced any poke that has a descent fire move, and with Iron head as the strongest attack in her Level up set, she is useless. She can't take advantage of her own typing!

3- Her awful stats, no wonder you never (and will NEVER) see Wormadam in competitive battling, she is very weak defense wise and attack wise. She can't make a good wall out of 95 Def and Sp. Def, and she surely can't hit a thing with 69 Atk & Sp. Atk combined with her turtle slow 36 Speed.

so there you go, the reasons why Wormadam-Steel sucks so bad to me, I really wish Game Freak made her forms more usable and appealing to the trainers. The idea of different evos is always amazing, but they ruined it for poor Wormadam.
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:50 AM
Psystar63
☆ || [The Wandering Star] || ☆

Send a message via Skype™ to Psystar63
Username: Psystar63
Partner Pokemon: Skarmory and Metagross
Answer to current topic: Mmmm, I'd have to go with Mawile too. It's stats aren't all that great compared to all the other Steel-type Pokemon (It's Base Defense is only 85) . And the only Steel-type moves it learns leveling up are Iron Defense and Iron Head. Most of the other attack moves it learns are Dark-type. I'd also say Wormadam, only because its Defenses are kinda low for an evolved Steel type.

.☆--------.
The Point Above the Clouds | pm | vm | Photobucket

Old October 1st, 2012, 09:03 AM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

My banners resized
Spoiler:

on current topic :
i think Mawile is just aweful in every way.
In power and in design.
After Mawile my 2nd least favorite would be Wormadam.
I never used it and don't plan to use it in future.

Old October 1st, 2012, 12:31 PM
Jeff Gordon

Nature: Naughty
My least favorite steel type?

Aww Mawile is like the cutest Steel type out there. How can you guys not like her? D:

This honor goes to Probopass. The 'stache really doesn't cut it for me, & the design of it just makes me say "YUCK."

ALSO:

is my middle name, yes, spell exactly the same way! (Majority use two A's & the girls use Erin).
Old October 1st, 2012, 05:49 PM
Hikamaru
the hamster
Community Supporter

My least favorite steel type?

Probably Mawile cos it definitely got the worst treatment of the Steel-type Pokemon. I mean, only one offensive Steel attack and a moveset with mainly Dark-type attacks? It should have been Dark-type, and in Generation III Dark was a special type which totally hindered its potential.

Not even the physical/special split in Generation IV made any difference.

paired with awolfsquared and Starry Windy
battle server | tumblr | profile | credit | supporter

Old October 1st, 2012, 06:29 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
What's your least favourite steel type?
I have to say honestly, I'm a hater of Wormadam steel type. It's design is uncreative and just didn't appeal to me, it's moves are awful and stats are just poor. Although I've never used it, it seems like a weak Pokemon and can only be steel in buildings which isn't much help,how often do you fight in buildings in the main storyline D:?

Also I'd have to agree with everyone on Mawile. It's only really got dark-type moves and although it looks kind of cute,only one steel type move?! That's kind of sad seeing it's second type is Steel.Dark mainly focuses on special Attack which is the opposite of steel,so Mawile wasn't much use.
. :p
Old October 2nd, 2012, 02:36 AM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psystar63 View Post
Username: Psystar63
Partner Pokemon: Skarmory and Metagross
Answer to current topic: Mmmm, I'd have to go with Mawile too. It's stats aren't all that great compared to all the other Steel-type Pokemon (It's Base Defense is only 85) . And the only Steel-type moves it learns leveling up are Iron Defense and Iron Head. Most of the other attack moves it learns are Dark-type. I'd also say Wormadam, only because its Defenses are kinda low for an evolved Steel type.

Hey Psystar, glad u could join us. Thanks for taking your time to answer our current topic. Oh, that reminds me I should too.

Well, I'm like most people. I hate Mawile & Wormadam equally. Bad concept design & even worst, the stats. Yeah, stupid Mawile only learns two Steel type moves during its level up process & for Wormadam, it's just plain stupid looking.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

Last edited by halcyonic; October 4th, 2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old October 3rd, 2012, 10:58 PM
υ Shivam
Mime Jr.

New banner
Spoiler:

and new topic :
who is your favorite Steel Type legendary and who is your Least favorite Steel Type legendary.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:04 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
My favourite steel type legendary :3? I'm going to say the powerful Dialga, it's design is amazing and it's one huge powerhouse. It's signature move Roar of Time can pack a punch also I adore how it's the ruler of time.

My least favourite,hmm...I'd say Registeel. I generally don't like the Regis since their designs have always been strange for a legendary and it's a pure steel type which isn't very special.
. :p
Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:25 PM
Mochaccino
Unhatched Egg

My favorite steel Legend is Jirachi! It's so so so cute ^.^ I liked it a lot in the movie as well and I love the idea that it makes Wishes come true! (WishMaker~) it's a very cute and creative design.

My least favorite Steel type legend are Genesect and Heatran too. They're both ugly... I'm not interested in using them no matter how strong. Genesect is very hideous and his typing is awful, I'm sure it'll have attacks that make up for that (just like Scizor) but I'm still not going to like it, not now not ever.

Old October 3rd, 2012, 11:31 PM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by υ Shivam View Post
New banner
Spoiler:

and new topic :
who is your favorite Steel Type legendary and who is your Least favorite Steel Type legendary.
Thank you, u Shivam. You have gained another 2P for contributing a new topic. Your banner this time is amazing. Keep up the good work, but not too much, lol .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Arcanine View Post
My favourite steel type legendary :3? I'm going to say the powerful Dialga, it's design is amazing and it's one huge powerhouse. It's signature move Roar of Time can pack a punch also I adore how it's the ruler of time.

My least favourite,hmm...I'd say Registeel. I generally don't like the Regis since their designs have always been strange for a legendary and it's a pure steel type which isn't very special.
Yes, I agree with you, Rainbow. Although I have a different dislike, which I think is horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mochaccino View Post
My favorite steel Legend is Jirachi! It's so so so cute ^.^ I liked it a lot in the movie as well and I love the idea that it makes Wishes come true! (WishMaker~) it's a very cute and creative design.

My least favorite Steel type legend are Genesect and Heatran too. They're both ugly... I'm not interested in using them no matter how strong. Genesect is very hideous and his typing is awful, I'm sure it'll have attacks that make up for that (just like Scizor) but I'm still not going to like it, not now not ever.

Oh, too bad u dislike Genesect. Genesect is pretty strong & once u get used to its design, it's actually not bad, pretty sleek IMO.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for my answer to the current topic: Like Rainbow said, I love Dialga. It was 'love' at first sight. The design is so cool & aggressive. It's Roar of Time is also very powerful & was my powerhouse in my Platinum team.

My dislike? I choose Heatran. Like most people will say, it's coz of its design. The first thing I said was "What in the world is THAT?!" It's just plain horrible to me & I will never ever consider it.

Also, thanks to NecrumWarrior, he has persuaded me to include two consolation gifts for our upcoming quiz. Please re-check the notice about our quiz for info about the new consolation prizes.

sword art online II
phantom bullet

Last edited by halcyonic; October 3rd, 2012 at 11:41 PM.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here