The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:24 AM
Mateshard005

Whats your Strategy on playing Pokemon? I mean like Raising Pokemon, Training and Breeding.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:36 AM
Forever
let it go

This section is just for Black and White discussion, and since this is more than just Black and White, imma throw it over to Pokemon Gaming Central, where there currently doesn't seem to be a thread made covering this. :) Feel free to post any other B/W threads here though that aren't made already though!
Old September 23rd, 2012, 12:47 AM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I generally try keeping my Pokemon at a same level otherwise there are disasters when a weak Pokemon is needed... Also trying not to keep underleveled . That's about it for me, can't think of any other good statergies.
. :p
Old September 23rd, 2012, 05:18 AM
Plumpyfoof

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Plumpyfoof
I tend to trade my starter over to someone else who has finished the game to power level it up and send it back over.
I fly through the game but it kills some of the fun for me :\ I'm just lazy I guess hah.
Old September 23rd, 2012, 06:38 AM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Arcanine View Post
I generally try keeping my Pokemon at a same level otherwise there are disasters when a weak Pokemon is needed... Also trying not to keep underleveled . That's about it for me, can't think of any other good statergies.
This is pretty much mine too, I look at what types I might need then keep them all at the same level so I don't have to grind too much when I might need them. And I like to be between 3-5 levels higher than the gym leaders I'm battling before challenging them. Which isn't too hard 'cause I usually go up a level in their gym fighting the minions.

Old September 23rd, 2012, 07:42 AM
voicerocker
Psyduck

I try to make sure that my main team's movesets give me at least 1 super effective advantage against each of the 17 types.

I've also got a few combo attacks I like to use. For my Platinum team, I pair Gliscor and Aerodactyl for a double Earthquake. And one that I'm planning on using for my Black 2 team is to pair Garchomp with Rotom for an Earthquake/Discharge combo.

Other than that, I like to make sure my Pokemon are fairly quick so that they can attack first.

Pokemon White 2 Team:
Old September 23rd, 2012, 09:25 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
I keep my starter as my strongest Pokemon, with the rest of my team members a few levels behind. I also give them diverse movesets and EV train them, if possible.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links