Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Pokémon Essentials
Reload this Page [Question] Chaning Autotile Animation Speed

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Pokémon Essentials All questions and discussion about Pokémon Essentials, the Pokémon game kit for RPG Maker XP, go in here. Also contains links to the latest downloads and the Essentials Wiki.

Old October 2nd, 2012 (05:53 PM).
Pokemon Tellurium

Nature: Adamant
So I am trying to get my animated water tile to animate correctly, and the animation seems very choppy in RMXP despite it not being so choppy else where. I was wondering if there was a way to change the speed at which an autotile animation runs in Essentials. I know that in the default scripts for RMXP you in theory can just change the section of code in Spriteset_Map regarding @tilemap.update, to X.times {@tilemap.update} where X would essentially be the speed of animation, however this doesn't seem to work in Essentials. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Old October 3rd, 2012 (04:10 AM).
Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials

In the script section TilemapXP, find the line Animated_Autotiles_Frames = 15. This number is the length of time each frame of an autotile is displayed for (there are 40 frames in a second).

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)