The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Culture & Media

Notices

Culture & Media This is where all of pop culture culminates and chats over a cup of joe. Here you can find discussions relating to the latest and greatest television shows, movies, music and literature, and much more!

Old September 29th, 2012, 01:35 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Nature: Sassy
Yeah I can't be bothered to type out a paragraph telling y'all about Marina so i'll just skip right to the questions!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vHi83LTQjU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dU7GoCKSQfg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_oMD6-6q5Y

If you haven't listened to her, give her a try!!!!

So, for those who have listened to her, do you like her? Do you have any problems with her voice? Her kookiness? I personally adore her, if I am a bit reserved about how she performs live. At least she performs better live than Lana Del Rey (though everyone performs better than Lana oops)!
Old September 29th, 2012, 09:40 PM
Arago
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
surprised u didn't link to how to be a heartbreaker. it has shirtless guys in it and i thought you would want to share that w/ the community.

i love marina. my fav songs are: are you satisfied?, mowgli's road, hollywood, hermit the frog, oh no!, bubblegum *****, primadonna, homewrecker, the state of dreaming, power & control, sex yeah, valley of the dolls, hypocrites, how to be a heartbreaker, and radioactive. it took a while for me to get into electra heart, and for a while i thought the family jewels was her best work, but i changed my mind after i forced myself to listen to all the songs. i think it was because lies was a grower track and since it was so early on in the album, it made me get bored of it easily and i was just... it wasn't in the cards for me to finish it all until i forced myself to do so.
Old October 11th, 2012, 09:12 AM
Esper

A few of my friends listen to her. She sounds like she could be good. I haven't really given her a proper listen to though. Too much "kookiness" and too many lyrical idiosyncrasies in an artist can be off-putting and I have to warm up to them slowly. Like building up an immunity.

deviantart blog pair
Old October 12th, 2012, 09:45 PM
Mariah Carey
what a feeling
Community Supporter Tier 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarf View Post
A few of my friends listen to her. She sounds like she could be good. I haven't really given her a proper listen to though. Too much "kookiness" and too many lyrical idiosyncrasies in an artist can be off-putting and I have to warm up to them slowly. Like building up an immunity.
I feel you! It took me a couple of months for me to get into The Family Jewels, considering the first song I listened to on the album is probably her kookiest to date, Hermit The Frog. Though, in Electra Heart, she's definitely rubbed some of the harder edges of her kookiness and become more mainstream, so to speak. It's definitely easier listening than The Family Jewels, though TFJ is my favorite album of hers.
Old October 13th, 2012, 03:08 PM
Lozz
meow meow meow <3
Community Supporter

Loveeee Marina. Definitely more of a family jewels fan though. Saw her live at the end of 2010 and loved her. She closed with "Hollywood" and walked out in an american flag jacket, holding a giant burger hahaha. so good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlequin View Post
At least she performs better live than Lana Del Rey (though everyone performs better than Lana oops)!
I love you. Saw this idiot at splendour and wanted to kill myself. She spent half her show with the top half of her body in the first three lines of people (so no one else could actually see her) and somehow found it in her to smoke THREE cigarettes during her 45min set.

White: 3353 7718 4050 | Platinum: 1162 3841 6089 | HG: 4985 8594 3873
Old October 14th, 2012, 08:53 PM
ARTPOP
Unhatched Egg

Send a message via Skype™ to ARTPOP
Love her. Favorite song is Bubblegum *****, Lies, Homewrecker, and Rootless.
I could have seen her live two times over the summer, but I wasn't able to get tickets. sobs.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links