The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Roleplay Corner > Roleplay Lounge

Notices

Roleplay Lounge Lounge about in Out-Of-Character discussions linked to individual roleplays. This is the best place to find existing roleplays to join, or create the sign-up thread for a roleplay of your own!

Old October 23rd, 2012, 08:38 PM
KingKaos
Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!

Nature: Quirky
My mysterious man was part of the council though so...

Full Power comes from their hearts!
Old October 27th, 2012, 12:17 PM
KingKaos

I have officially posted in the IC with a little bit of a dark turn for my character, hope you don't mind.

Old October 27th, 2012, 08:12 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Nature: Calm
Well KK, it most definitely screams Plasma to me. Great post.

GOOD NEWS! I fixed my SU, changing the name to minimize confusion, and removed KK from his history. Live Long and Prosper.

Last edited by IceFyr1928; October 27th, 2012 at 08:24 PM.
Old October 28th, 2012, 10:32 AM
KingKaos

So what's the next idea now that we both have acquired Pokemon? Moving to joining our respective groups or something else?

Old October 28th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Hm, I'm not entirely sure, I'll just be doing that though, any specific locations where I should go?

Frio & Elise || Jayce & Jayce 2
Old October 28th, 2012, 02:27 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Truthfully, it would be wise to find where you should go. While it doesn't exactly matter at this point, but try to focus on character development. I'll attempt at getting a few more members. KK, you should arrive in Castelia, seeing as that's the only major port in Unova. Once there, Li is the one you should talk to. Khawill, the council is based in the Abundant Shrine, which is east of Nimbasa.

While this is a general guideline, there isn't much you can't do. I'm pretty freeform when it comes to your actions.
Old October 31st, 2012, 03:18 PM
KingKaos

Should Kai just follow Li to a specific area? Are we going to do a tag liberation? Or will we be talking about what is necessary to join? Will I watch him perform his own liberation? What's the plan? So I know what to post following your post because it didn't give me much to work with, true story.

Old October 31st, 2012, 05:19 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

I'm just glad I'm far away from the crazy dude who just killed a trainer,

Old October 31st, 2012, 08:23 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

@KK: All shall be revealed in time... that's the engaging part of RP's, not knowing what other people are thinking.
Old November 4th, 2012, 12:01 PM
KingKaos

I'm going to have Kai with split personalities or make a mode for him called "liberation" mode from this point on. I want him to have his original personality along. However that doesn't really suit the ways of Team Plasma, so he will just transform into this mode when he is doing the work of Team Plasma. I think it will add a nice little twist to things RP wise.

Old November 4th, 2012, 02:50 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Okay, just note that Pokemon aren't common property anymore. The entire point of the Plasma Regime is to control, with Pokemon being the deciding factor. Only Plasma members have Pokemon, and these are still reasonably weak, unless you get higher up.
Old November 4th, 2012, 04:38 PM
KingKaos

I have edited my post so now as you wished

Old November 4th, 2012, 07:54 PM
DLMuerte
Mercenary Chief

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Skype™ to DLMuerte
Name: Seth Arosi

Appearance: Seth has short, black hair, but always wears his father's baseball cap, so it's rarely seen anyway. He's about 5' 10", and he has brown eyes and a regular sized nose. His mouth is a bit wide, and his face takes on a slightly circular shape. He's also fairly skinny because of his abnormally fast metabolism. He also carries around a large backpack. He is 15 years old.

Personality: He's a bit of a glutton- he loves to eat, and others are occasionally embarrassed by how much he eats. He is very sarcastic, but he can be kind if he wants to- which doesn't happen very often unless he knows you very well or respects you, which in the past has gotten him in trouble with authority. He is also a liar, and that sometimes gets the better of him. He usually respects people who show that they are determined to do the most they can to accomplish goals, but most other people get the cold shoulder for a while. He doesn’t like slackers, either- but sometimes, he pushes other people and his Pokemon a bit too hard. In other words, he can be cold, but he has a kind side and has respect for those who are determined.

History: Seth grew up in Lacunosa Town, known for his ability to eat a lot in little time. He was a happy kid, but his mother died in childbirth, leaving his father depressed for a few years. This influenced his current personality. HIs father tried to be the best he could after those few years. His father was a good friend of Elesa’s, and after traveling to the Desert Resort with her, came back with a Scraggy for his son. Scraggy has since been Seth’s right hand man. He trained Scraggy to be a great fighter, but he didn’t use Scraggy to fight- yet. Until the day that the Plasma Regime began. They didn’t thoroughly check if Lacunosa Town had surrendered, however, so his Scraggy was saved- for a bit. His father became part of Plasma right away out of fear, but since his son decided to keep Scraggy and not join, he told his son to run away before he was forced to take away his Pokemon. During his flight, he had to use Scraggy to fight a few Plasma grunts, but the Scraggy remained nearly unchanged in battle experience. Running through thick forests but not going through specific routes, he ran towards the Pokemon League, knowing that there was a collection of cliffs there. He stayed hiding in caves on Victory Road training Scraggy, and then, hearing of the Council, decided to see if he could join.

Sample Post: Seth looked at the disastrous skies, which was supposedly a miracle to many of the people who lived in Lacunosa Town. Surely this Pokemon could do something to the scary one in the Giant Chasm nearby! Then, they would get peaceful sleep at night! And this was the original dragon- the one that was the same one from the myths- then they should definitely do what the rider said, for the best! But Seth didn’t think it was a miracle. Not at all, especially with the rider yelling what he feared the most. With the rider saying the disastrous words that would corrupt the world between him and Scraggy.

“People of Lacunosa Town! Free your Pokemon! Release your Pokemon into the wild, where they truly belong!” cried the young, green haired rider who looked as if he were one with the Pokemon in the town. As Seth stared at the skies above, his Scraggy walked to Seth’s leg and held it tightly. Seth looked down. He couldn’t really blame the little guy. Seth was scared, too.

Of course, Seth knew that his dad would cower. Although Seth’s father loved Pokemon, and thought that Pokemon and humans were meant to be together, he always told Seth about the original dragon. “And he was amazingly powerful, more powerful than Alder’s Escavalier! But then it was split into two different...” Dad would say. Seeing it in person would test in beliefs. But Dad was also a bit of a coward, and he wasn’t the best role model out there.

“Join Team Plasma! Free the Pokemon!”

Seth looked back. In the house, behind the open door, Dad’s facial expression gave a thoughtful look. Don’t do it, Dad, thought Seth, hoping his Dad would somehow notice the telepathic message he tried to send.

A chorus of people quickly began to release their pokemon, with chants of “Plasma! Plasma! Plasma!” resonating around the town’s streets.

Seth gave his Dad a pleading look. But Dad stuck with the crowd. “Plasma!” he shouted, seeming unsure of his decision.

----------------

Later that day, Seth and his father sat down.

“I know you want to keep your Pokemon, but please, release it.”
“No.” Seth was defiant in his answer.
“I don’t want you to... be hurt by this Plasma regime. Please, release it, and let us be happy.”
“No, dad, I won’t! I trained him with my own hands!”
“What are you going to do, then?”
“I’m going to leave. Don’t try and follow me, I’ll lose you deep in the woods. I’m not telling you where I’m going. You’re part of Plasma now. I’m not going to let you catch me.” Seth stood up.
As he walked and turned the handle, he said, “I know you are my father, but from this day on, me and you are enemies, enemies till’ all this stuff ends.

Seth barged out with a large backpack full of supplies, money he stole from his father before the conversation, and all the non-perishable food he could find.

And something illegal. A PokeBall.

Password: Unovan Path all with Pokemon

Allegiance: Council

Last edited by DLMuerte; December 5th, 2012 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Seth's mom.
Old November 4th, 2012, 08:28 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

I like it. You're Accepted. Feel free to do whatever for now. Khawill, the other Council RPer, is currently near Undella, heading towards the Abundant Shrine. Both KingKaos and me are Plasma, and we are in Castelia.
Old November 5th, 2012, 08:30 AM
DLMuerte
Mercenary Chief

Alright. My first post on the IC thread is up. Oh, and I was fixing something on the sign up form really quick.

I know that evolution for anyone won't happen anytime soon, however I was wondering about level mechanics, what level will our Pokemon be at first, how experience will be added in, etc. Just a question since I was looking at Scraggy's level up moves and all that, and I noticed it learns a new move every 4 levels, and I was wondering how that would factor in to the RP.

Yamagi Sosuke: I could get naked again
Sephear: no
Yamagi Sosuke: I think that would work swell

YA | GH | S: WoF | SAO: S

Last edited by DLMuerte; November 5th, 2012 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 8th, 2012, 01:28 PM
Aques Keus
Swaggins
Community Supporter

So I'll be posting soon, I just need to finish this essay. Would it be acceptable to assume that Undella town (near the shrine) is pretty much all rebels? It is relatively small and it's location is close so it would make sense.

Also Delamuerta I'll be fine with interacting with you when you get near my character (Ice is with King, so it is 2 v 1 v 1 at the moment.

Old November 8th, 2012, 02:01 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

well, since its still a normal town, Plasma would still inhabit. it could be full of rebels, but they have to hide that they are from everyone. so yes, but no.
Old November 8th, 2012, 02:40 PM
DLMuerte
Mercenary Chief

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khawill View Post
So I'll be posting soon, I just need to finish this essay. Would it be acceptable to assume that Undella town (near the shrine) is pretty much all rebels? It is relatively small and it's location is close so it would make sense.

Also Delamuerta I'll be fine with interacting with you when you get near my character (Ice is with King, so it is 2 v 1 v 1 at the moment.
Alright. I'll be in Undella (or near the Abundant Shrine at least) in the post after the next one. Originally I had planned to be in Undella by the next post, but by the way I ended the previous post, of course, requires something on its own.

Yamagi Sosuke: I could get naked again
Sephear: no
Yamagi Sosuke: I think that would work swell

YA | GH | S: WoF | SAO: S
Old November 19th, 2012, 09:13 AM
KingKaos

Well it looks like I'm still waiting on Li to do something with me...that sounded really bad

Old November 19th, 2012, 10:31 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

It's only wrong if you think of it in that way. I'm on it.

EDIT: Posted.

Last edited by IceFyr1928; November 19th, 2012 at 10:50 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

Okay, out of the first list, KK, which Pokémon would you prefer?
Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:16 AM
KingKaos

I would like to have Sandile and is it ok that it's going to be wearing a black bandana!?

Old November 23rd, 2012, 11:57 AM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

You may give it one. There is no restrictions when it comes to personal decor. I'll get on it.
Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:09 PM
KingKaos

I'm going to name it Thrash too, is it going have a preset move set or can I choose it? If that's the case it can have ash's sandile's move set. That includes dig, bite, and stone edge.

Old November 23rd, 2012, 12:21 PM
IceFyr1928
Is now DeathofShadows

You can have up to six, y'know.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links