Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fifth Generation
Notices

Fifth Generation Are Pokémon slaves to humans? Team Plasma thinks so. Travel the Unova region and prove them wrong in Black & White, and then return two years later in Black2 & White2.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 26th, 2012, 03:44 AM
Moltres Rider
Banned

Nature: Modest

Advertise here
irl if you would start in Nuvema Town and take the routes to Nimbasa and go west loop back around through all the routes back to Nimbasa on the east side... how many miles do you think you would have traveled??? give reasoning... How big is Unova, really....
Old September 26th, 2012, 06:31 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via AIM to ShinyUmbreon189
Honestly idk because in games there is what you call steps. If the game follows the theory of taking one step is a foot then 5280 steps would equal to a single mile. So I would have to say walking around the whole region (I know you didn't ask that) would be I'd say around 20 to 30 miles 40 at most. I'm not familiar with the Unova map because I haven't really played the game.

Old September 26th, 2012, 07:23 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Well it is based on NY so get the mileage of NY and go from there. That is my best guess at it.

"By force of will!"
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:26 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellicentfan1 View Post
Well it is based on NY so get the mileage of NY and go from there. That is my best guess at it.
No way that's possible. That's huge, there's no way you can walk that far in a Pokemon game lol. It's a couple 100 sq miles and that's just NYC.

Old September 26th, 2012, 07:29 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
No way that's possible. That's huge, there's no way you can walk that far in a Pokemon game lol. It's a couple 100 sq miles and that's just NYC.
Is is obviously reduced for gameplay. But it is based on NY.

"By force of will!"
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:37 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Quote:
Is is obviously reduced for gameplay. But it is based on NY.
You sure? Or does it got similarities to NY?

Old September 26th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Powalen
the Dark Sovereign

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinyUmbreon189 View Post
You sure? Or does it got similarities to NY?

Yeah. It is the first game that is U.S. based. To be more specific it is Based on the NYC metropolitan area.

"By force of will!"
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:41 PM
Forever
let it go

Yeah it was confirmed to be based on NY around the release in 2010. As for the miles... I think it'd actually be a lot smaller than the other regions, probably best to work them out and then go from the empty space, tbh. While I completely suck at working that stuff out, I'd say it's at least 20% less miles than largest walkable region really.
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥
Old September 26th, 2012, 07:43 PM
ShinyUmbreon189
Never go full retard

Quote:
Yeah. It is the first game that is U.S. based. To be more specific it is Based on the NYC metropolitan area.
Well then, thanks for letting me know, now I'm gonna hack outside the walls and try to walk to Chicago.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here