The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Fourth Generation

Notices

Fourth Generation Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum kicked off the fourth generation of Pokémon. Two years later, fans of the Johto region were treated to a remastered adventure in HeartGold & SoulSilver. Discuss the games, explore the features, share your experiences, and help other players out!

View Poll Results: The Poketch or The PokeGear?
I'm sticking with Sinnoh; The Poketch! 5 27.78%
I'm sticking with Johto; The PokeGear! 10 55.56%
I'm sticking with none, because I didn't like them both. 0 0%
I'm stuck on the fence, because they're both great! 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 6th, 2012, 04:56 AM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Brave

Pokémon Gear (Japanese: ポケモンギア Pokémon Gear), mostly known as Pokégear (Japanese: ポケギア Pokégear)

Two handy gadgets, but which out of the pair did you like better than the other? Was it due to their features? Or their designs? What did you think one lacked what the other had? What improvements would you make to them if you could? Perhaps add more features? Less features? More useful features? Perhaps it was quality over quantity for you? Think about it this way: if they were real, and you had the option to purchase only one of these, which would you purchase? Also, within your purchase would colour? Perhaps you're a girl who prefers blue over pink? Or a boy in touch with a flamboyant taste in colours?

Out of the two, I'm going to be partially biased here and say I prefer the PokeGear. Mainly because HGSS are my favourite Pokemon Games out of the main series aside from the original GSC. Although I am fond of this little gadget, I was a little disapointed and would've like to have seen a bit more features added to the PokeGear - I think if it adopted some of the really useful apps the Poketch had like the step counter and the happiness, and daycare checker, it would've made certain aspects of the game (especially breeding), much easier and a less of a hassle.

How about you? Discuss!

The Pokémon Watch (Japanese: ポケモンウォッチ Pokémon Watch), or Pokétch (Japanese: ポケッチ Pokétch)
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Rodriguezjames55
No Jokes #MegaCharizard

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Rodriguezjames55
pokegear didnt have useless apps and helped with the story (finding the dogs rematches items ....) while the poketch was annoying and only thing it did was help find mesprit
Old October 6th, 2012, 05:40 AM
Sverige
#justiceforbionic 11.11.13

I think the Poketch was more useful but the PokeGear was nicer to look at.
Old October 6th, 2012, 08:49 AM
Cosmotone8
silhouette of the past

Location: Boston, MA, USA, Earth, Sun Solar System, Milky Way Galaxy, Universe
Nature: Careful
I voted for the Poketch, because I thought that the Pokegear was annoying imo. You'd be walking along and then - you get a call from youngster Joey or some other idiot telling you about something they did that day. -.- Poketch was also nice because you didn't have to open it up, it was just there on the bottom screen.
Quote:
pokegear didnt have useless apps and helped with the story (finding the dogs rematches items ....) while the poketch was annoying and only thing it did was help find mesprit
What are you talking about? There were also some useful applications on there that I enjoyed, such as the happiness checker which was really useful for evolving pokemon via happiness and day care checker, which saved the time of calling the Day care people and having them lecture you about how your Pokemon is doing.Its also really helpful to have the dowsing machine on the bottom screen instead of going through your bag to find it. On the other hand, all the Pokegear could do is get you to listen to radio or call people, both of which had no real purpose.
But the more I try to move on, the more I feel alone
So I watch the summer stars to lead me home.

Old October 6th, 2012, 10:32 AM
Dragon-T
future owner of pkmn Y

Nature: Impish
the poketech was useful,but i'm sticking with the pokegear
Old October 6th, 2012, 12:44 PM
Rainbow Arcanine
now known as narnia

Nature: Jolly
I love the Poketch for some of its useful apps,seeing your Pokemon's friendship,where roaming legendaries are,if two of your Pokemon could possibly breed or not,the list goes on n_n. And then the Pokegear,yes it was an alright feature showing the Johto map and having a radio,better desgin and all. But the calls you'd constantly get from some trainers saying random things like."I tried to catch a Metapod but it got away.Oh well seeya!" and Youngster Joey's famous but irritating."My Rattata is in the top percentage of Rattatas,you know what I mean?"

You just wasted a minute,to listen to some trainers and even if you choose to ignore it,the ringing is irritating.My vote goes to the Poketch :3.
. :p
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:10 PM
Are there Oceans in Space?
abc.

Nature: Quirky
I hated flipping through the Poketch apps, and I rarely used the apps anyways. :P
Old October 6th, 2012, 01:28 PM
chella182
Drowzee

Nature: Rash
Absolutely HATE the Pokétch just because of its name... stupid name. Irritating to read and look at. So I went with the Pokégear.

Old October 11th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Doppelgänger
Community Supporter

Pokegear mainly for the same reason as Curious. I loved HGSS the most.

Poketech wasnt bad, but compared to Pokegear its not as good.
Old October 13th, 2012, 05:46 AM
Mentalii
Back

Nature: Gentle
The Pokégear was more useful than the Poketch. The number of application counts less than their quality. Poketch has many apps, Pokégear doesn't, but at least they're good.

Old October 13th, 2012, 06:03 AM
Hikamaru
and a day ♥
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd have to say Pokegear since it has useful phone calls, which can get hilarious.
Old October 13th, 2012, 07:06 AM
littlebrother
i've met with a horrible fate
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
I choose the Pokegear because it was more useful to me in-game, although I'd prefer to have one shaped like the Poketch because the Pokegear looks like a modded Pokedex. And I know how dorky calculator watches look like but the Pokegear would be a lot more convenient for me if it's just right on my hand like the Poketch would be.

Everyone knows that the internet is managed by millions of tiny gnomes and
goblins working in sweatshops in Africa and Eastern Europe. Do you really
want to encourage that by staying on here all day?

Why not stay up all night to get lucky instead?
Old October 13th, 2012, 06:47 PM
Thursday
Now In Blue
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
I chose Poketch because I despise the design of the Pokegear. The ones in GSC (rest their poor little souls) were very ugly and the ones from HGSS just reminded me of how much I hated them. Plus all those dang calls just made me want to turn the thing off. Does it matter that you are going through something important and would rather not be disturbed? Nope! Joey had to tell me about his pokemon

Admittedly, the poketch had WAY more apps that I could ever seriously need but I had my favorites that I used all the time: Digital Watch, Calculator (I actually use to carry my DS to school so I could use the calculator XD), Pokemon List, Friendship Checker, Matchup Checker, Daycare Checker and the Color Changer.

Username:
Thursday
Friend Safari:
Dark

Friend Code:
1006-0591-1577

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links