The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > Discussions & Debates

Notices

Discussions & Debates The place to go for slightly more in-depth topics. Discussions and debates about the world, current events, ideas, news, and more.

Advertise here

Old November 13th, 2012, 02:13 PM
AwesomeAsCrawdaunt
Shizariger on EGC

Advertise here
Quote:
A cluster-balloonist who became the first person to fly the English Channel is attempting to cross the entire Atlantic Ocean using 365 helium balloons.
Jonathan Trappe, 38, plans to fly 2,500 miles across the pond next summer in a seven-foot lifeboat carried by the balloons.
Mr Trappe has harnessed the huge public interest in his previous adventures to launch a $300,000 (£186,000) appeal to crowd-fund online the expensive helium and special UV resistant balloons he will need for his record-breaking flight. He has already invested $170,000 (£106,000) into the mission.
The Atlantic crossing has presented a challenge to balloonists for decades. Five others have died attempting it, and none have achieved the crossing attached to cluster balloons.
In 2010, Mr Trappe made global headlines when he flew from England to Belgium dangling from scores of helium balloons – just like the Disney character Carl Fredricksen from the film Up.
The balloonist, from Raleigh, North Carolina, is learning to sail a lifeboat, in case he needs to ditch into the ocean during the mission.
The public can support his journey by contributing towards a $280,000 appeal to fund the expensive helium and special UV resistant balloons he will need for his record-breaking flight. More information is available at http://www.indiegogo.com/upacrosstheatlantic
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/avia...-balloons.html

How do you like that? Guess that little child in you never dies.

Solstice is back. So why should you care? Because if you join it and set "Shizariger" as your Referrer, you will get my eternal love.
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:51 PM
#isthenumbersign

Nature: Sassy
Aww that's nice. I immediately thought of Up when I read the title, and since I loved that movie, it makes sense that I'd be all for it. There will be non-believers, those who think it's too dangerous or a waste of time and money. But when you have a passion, you have to go for it.

Sponsored Links

Advertise here