The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old Posted July 26th, 2013 (06:21 PM).
Lord Rizzr

Found a game breaking bug, challenged the first gym leader, electric type gym leader, and Veronica was outside (the person that tells you the plants are coming to life and attacking people) anyway, I had to fun past her multiple times mashing spacebar and finally it let me talk to her, then once she finished talking nothing happened, the game didnt lag out (I believe it doesn't) and then i was stuck ON top of her and i wasnt able to move unable to open up my menu with x/run/hit spacebar. Bascally, had to start over from my last save.
Old Posted July 26th, 2013 (08:47 PM).
HersheysPink

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
That's weird! What place in the city did he finally challenge you at?
I honestly don't remember sadly and I couldn't find it on my other save file. If I had to guess from memory I think it was near the first gym leader's gym /:

I also love the Staraptor meme reference x)
Old Posted July 26th, 2013 (09:11 PM).
Lucario505

I keep getting this error when I try to start episode 9-
"Script 'PokemonOptions' line290: TypeError occurred.
cannot convert nil into String"

It appears right after the start/title screen then closes the window.
I thought I just messed up somewhere in the merging process with the update (episode 9), so I just downloaded the complete version (episodes 1-9) and it still occurred ._."
I honestly don't know how I messed it up. I'm hoping I didn't corrupt my saved file >.<"
Old Posted July 27th, 2013 (02:59 AM).
Zancross

Protip from a guy that can now evolve his Parachisu to a Staraptor (durr hurr):

If you get stuck in the Yugeru building (as in, the characters are trying to talk but the game freezes), save BEFORE the event occur. If the characters suddenly freeze, reset and go back to where you saved. Exit the building, and then enter it again, and save. Go to the characters and the script should work fine.
Old Posted July 27th, 2013 (03:06 AM).
Lord Rizzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Rizzr View Post
Found a game breaking bug, challenged the first gym leader, electric type gym leader, and Veronica was outside (the person that tells you the plants are coming to life and attacking people) anyway, I had to fun past her multiple times mashing spacebar and finally it let me talk to her, then once she finished talking nothing happened, the game didnt lag out (I believe it doesn't) and then i was stuck ON top of her and i wasnt able to move unable to open up my menu with x/run/hit spacebar. Bascally, had to start over from my last save.
Yep, is continuing to happen. No way around it. Have tried to get past this part 3 times. Only way to talk to her is to be on top of her and after that the game just stops being playable.
Old Posted July 27th, 2013 (12:55 PM). Edited July 27th, 2013 by EthanKing.
EthanKing

I found a bug which unables me from continuing inside the Tanzan Meteor Base, i can get up the first stairs after you open the gate on the first floor,Plz help me!
Old Posted July 27th, 2013 (01:10 PM).
naruto4000

Ok i haven't played very much of it yet but i would like to compliment it for two reasons. 1. Amazing characters 2. A epic soundtrack
Old Posted July 27th, 2013 (03:02 PM).
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Sorry about the gym thing, here's a patch for it

www.pokemonreborn.com/e9p1.zip
Download unzip drop in the Game's Data folder, overwrite.

Gonna patch main downloads soon.

@Lucario- Don't worry, that's not uncommon. There's a little not on the downloads page of the site but basically- load up your game in Episode 8, go to options, choose the default Speech and Window frame, save, and go back to 9. The frames were changed in the new episode so that broke it for some people.
Old Posted July 27th, 2013 (03:16 PM).
naruto4000

wow thanks for the patch so quickly i am really loving this game so far.
Old Posted July 27th, 2013 (06:08 PM).
Lucario505

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
Sorry about the gym thing, here's a patch for it

www.pokemonreborn.com/e9p1.zip
Download unzip drop in the Game's Data folder, overwrite.

Gonna patch main downloads soon.

@Lucario- Don't worry, that's not uncommon. There's a little not on the downloads page of the site but basically- load up your game in Episode 8, go to options, choose the default Speech and Window frame, save, and go back to 9. The frames were changed in the new episode so that broke it for some people.
Thank you!! :D lol, it worked, now to start episode 9 >:3
Old Posted July 28th, 2013 (03:29 AM).
Zancross

Urgh, the Chrysalia forest... And me thinking that Aya was annoying, lol.
Old Posted July 28th, 2013 (05:24 AM).
Slaying Moon

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zancross View Post
Urgh, the Chrysalia forest... And me thinking that Aya was annoying, lol.
I had trouble getting through there too! I'm currently working on defeating Serra, which is proving to be more difficult than I originally thought. I swear, she must be a proctologist! Of the Pokemon in my current team, three have a natural advantage against Ice types, and the other three know moves that would be able to help, but the problem is that Mamoswine, Jynx and Froslass of hers.
Old Posted July 28th, 2013 (07:22 AM).
OT_Phoenix

Just a quick Bug that has appeared. Just after the house with the woman who was attacked by the two members of Team Meteor, there is a bug. The writing

<>- Heatherhill Lane
v- Platinum Street

appears constantly, until a house is entered, then the screen goes black, and the writing continuously pops up

Many thanks!
Old Posted July 28th, 2013 (12:41 PM).
RIAD99
Rayquaza

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Yahoo to RIAD99 Send a message via Skype™ to RIAD99
i want download it but my RAM is 1GB
so will the game work ?
(i don't want waste my time downloading)

Old Posted July 28th, 2013 (02:39 PM).
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by OT_Phoenix View Post
Just a quick Bug that has appeared. Just after the house with the woman who was attacked by the two members of Team Meteor, there is a bug. The writing

<>- Heatherhill Lane
v- Platinum Street

appears constantly, until a house is entered, then the screen goes black, and the writing continuously pops up

Many thanks!
I also patched the main download for this the other day. So sorry about that; try giving it a redownload!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAD99 View Post
i want download it but my RAM is 1GB
so will the game work ?
(i don't want waste my time downloading)
Okay, it will probably work, but it will very likely lag in some overworld places. For some people that's very frustrating; others don't mind. Personally, I designed the most of the game on a netbook, and I was able to test it on there. So like... it's passable, just slightly grating.
Old Posted July 30th, 2013 (05:32 AM).
Slaying Moon

Nature: Quiet
Dear Arceus that was annoying! Finally beat Serra in one final battle between her Froslass and my Kazeshini.
My current team is:
RyujinJaka/Blaziken (F, Lv.53) @Flame Plate
Strength, Brave Bird, Hi Jump Kick, Blaze Kick

Tobiume/Heatmor (F, Lv.49) @Quick Claw
Cut, Snatch, Flame Burst, Slash

Minazuki/Gardevoir (F, Lv.51) @Quick Claw
Psychic, Charge Beam, Magical Leaf, Shadow Ball

Gonryomaru/Emolga (F, Lv.50) @Quick Claw
Discharge, Charge Beam, Electro Ball, Volt Switch

Kazeshini/Magnezone (Lv.52) @Quick Claw
Discharge, Flash Cannon, Charge Beam, Electro Ball

Wabisuke/Exploud (F, Lv.50)
Rock Smash, Uproar, Shadow Ball, Crunch

Currently breeding: Custom starters (PM me if interested).
Old Posted July 30th, 2013 (02:06 PM).
MajorLeagueGamer

How do you get the Emolga in jasper ward thats jumping on rooftops? http://prntscr.com/1igq35

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old Posted July 30th, 2013 (05:19 PM). Edited August 1st, 2013 by HersheysPink.
HersheysPink

Hmm I'm not sure if this is a bug or not, but the guy in the slums with the link stone isn't appearing for me. /: I went on a clear day and that didn't work, so I tried different weathers of windy, thunderstorm, rainy, sunny and nada v.v

Edit: Okay /: That's really weird I just checked on my clear day again and he was there v.v I guess it's some clear days and not others? Or it has to be the literal clear day? Idk v.v

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorLeagueGamer View Post
How do you get the Emolga in jasper ward thats jumping on rooftops? http://prntscr.com/1igq35
I don't believe you're supposed to. Check a different weather and you'll see one on the ground in front of the tree in-between the two buildings.

I also found out something else, although I learned how to get the bike voucher at least, but I'm still kinda bummed I missed out on the stealing pokemon event. Although it isn't a huge disaster, because I have enough fire types. It might be reported already, but if you do the Aqua quest, well I was waiting for night time, but I wandered over to Magma hideout for more rep and started that event, but it caused it to skip over the stealing pokemon which I found out when the old lady accused me of stealing them and that whole jazz. xD
Old Posted July 30th, 2013 (08:03 PM).
MajorLeagueGamer

D: jus found out twister is broken
Old Posted July 30th, 2013 (11:38 PM).
pbood2

Hey everyone. I have been looking for mudkip and i talked to everyone possible but I can't find it. I looked everywhere possible in the wasteland because the quest starter said it was somewhere in the wasteland. Can someone (possibly AmethystRain) please help me? Much appreciated. I noticed other people asking about it months ago so I decided to ask about it again for that reason too. :D

P.S. I looked everywhere in the grotto and haven't found a secret tunnel that the guy is talking about? I beat the gang and everything too.
Old Posted July 31st, 2013 (02:54 AM).
RIAD99
Rayquaza

is those episodes or versions?
if they r version i will download the last one but if episodes i have to play them all
(so it's better for me to be versions)

Old Posted July 31st, 2013 (04:20 AM).
HersheysPink

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbood2 View Post
Hey everyone. I have been looking for mudkip and i talked to everyone possible but I can't find it. I looked everywhere possible in the wasteland because the quest starter said it was somewhere in the wasteland. Can someone (possibly AmethystRain) please help me? Much appreciated. I noticed other people asking about it months ago so I decided to ask about it again for that reason too. :D

P.S. I looked everywhere in the grotto and haven't found a secret tunnel that the guy is talking about? I beat the gang and everything too.
To start the event is has to be raining (which I believe you've done) and to find the mudkip it has to be daytime and clear weather.
Old Posted July 31st, 2013 (09:59 AM).
RIAD99
Rayquaza

so won't u answer me ???????

Old Posted July 31st, 2013 (11:23 AM). Edited July 31st, 2013 by pbood2.
pbood2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HersheysPink View Post
To start the event is has to be raining (which I believe you've done) and to find the mudkip it has to be daytime and clear weather.
Okay, thanks. I already started the event but is the mudkip in the grotto and in that hidden tunnel one guy talks about or is it in the wastelands? I was in the rain when looking for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIAD99 View Post
so won't u answer me ???????
They are full episodes in that each update the story gets longer and more things are unlocked such as more gym leaders, more obtainable pokemon, etc.

You need to download the full download up to episode 9 if you haven't played it before OR just the episode 9 pack which just updates the current version of the game you have.

Hope this helps.
Old Posted July 31st, 2013 (01:00 PM).
NateGrey

Hey,
I was battling Corey and when his Skunktank fainted it gave no exp. I know that it is not a huge problem but I was just wondering if someone could look into it?
Thanks
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links