Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase
Reload this Page [Demo] Pokemon Reborn

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Old May 10th, 2014 (09:01 PM).
From the Shadows

Nature: Sassy
Quote originally posted by JetNg7:
Hey, I'm at Route 1 Nature Centre, but I can't seem to get out. The Grand Gates are still not open for me. What do I do? Thanks
Have you headed to the other end of Route 1 yet, towards Vanhanen Castle? If not, then you have some story progression to do first.The Gates won't open for you quite yet.

Regions cleared: Johto | Hoenn | Sinnoh | Unova | (More? Let's finish these first~)
~*~*~

~*~*~
Icon credits.
Old May 11th, 2014 (10:08 AM).

Is the Pokemon Reborn website down for everyone? And if so how long will it be down? I managed to download up to episode 9 from an alternate website but I'd like the latest version as soon as possible.
Old May 13th, 2014 (02:04 PM).
random trainer

Nature: Relaxed
@Ronsha you can still download the latest version from the site. When your on the site, Click access cached copy of site. Then find the latest download on main page. Then download
Old May 14th, 2014 (06:34 AM).

Quote originally posted by therandompoketrainer:
@Ronsha you can still download the latest version from the site. When your on the site, Click access cached copy of site. Then find the latest download on main page. Then download
Quote originally posted by Ronsha:
Is the Pokemon Reborn website down for everyone? And if so how long will it be down? I managed to download up to episode 9 from an alternate website but I'd like the latest version as soon as possible.
As the randompoketrainer said, you can still download the game as the download is on an external host such as mega or rapidshare.

Access the cache page of pokemonreborn.com/game as that is download page of the website.

If you were on the main page, that Episode 12 DL Link is an April Fool's joke
Old May 14th, 2014 (06:39 AM).
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
How have you guys beaten the poison gym leader? He's DESTROYING my team :/
Old May 14th, 2014 (02:39 PM).

I just started playing the game, and I just want to say how awesome it is that there are sprites/trainers of POC in here, including the protagonists. That just made my day.
Thanks for making this game. I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

Old May 15th, 2014 (02:24 PM).
To Be The Best ROM Hacker

Nature: Calm
Quote originally posted by war rock exe:

The trick is to use Magneton, really
Old May 15th, 2014 (06:22 PM).

Looks like there's a lot of love for this particular pokemon game. I'm sure me and my friends would like it for we're originally addicted to pokemon. Where can we access the game?
Old May 15th, 2014 (06:26 PM).

Been trying to download this game but my Norton anti-virus software keeps deleting the game.exe file. Such a shame because this game looks very well done so far. For those who have played the game so far, have you had issues with your anti-virus software deleting files?
Old May 15th, 2014 (09:40 PM).

Anyone else having problems getting on the site? I keep getting a 404 message. It's been going on for weeks.
Old May 16th, 2014 (06:10 AM).
Pokemon Colosseum Remaker!!

Nature: Hardy
Quote originally posted by Dban1:
The trick is to use Magneton, really

Ah okay, would you perhaps know were i could find one?
Old May 16th, 2014 (06:45 AM).

Nature: Lonely
Ah okay, would you perhaps know were i could find one?
If you're battling Corey I don't think you can get Magnemite yet. You can find the building where they are but I believe the door is locked at this point. I think Dban thinks you're further ahead than you are unless I'm mistaken.

If youre getting screwed over by toxic spikes, bring your own poison type to absorb them. If the Crobat is the issue, paralyzing it helps a LOT, seriously. The other Pokemon are pretty easy to take out with psychic/ground moves from my experience.

FC is 4871-3642-4123
Old May 16th, 2014 (07:35 AM).

OH I'm so sorry! I was mistaken for something else. Yes, up to this point for you, you can't have access to Magneton yet, but ironically, how I defeated Corey was to catch the Phanpys in the grass patches from right OUTSIDE the entrance to his gym and evolve it into Donphan to get the ground advantage. Or, you can choose / add in Bunnelby and evolve it into Diggersby for extra kick. Though some grinding would have to be done, these 2 pokemon would definitely take you far. I also recommend training at the Unown spawning location under the Obsidian bridge, which is the deepest area where there is a locked door and where you rescued Victoria from.
Old May 16th, 2014 (12:00 PM).

The latest version of the game (Episode 11 - Out of light) can be downloaded here:

h t t p : / / w w w . m o n k e y p r o .n e t / g a m e i n f o . p h p ? i d = 2 1 7

(Copy and paste the link whitout the spaces)
Old May 18th, 2014 (02:00 PM).

Finished the 2nd gym last night. Was expecting it to be really challenging since some people were stuck there, but as it turns out my Kricketune Fury-Cutter'ed its way through the entire battle.

Just a comment - making my way through Jasper Ward now, and the building plans seem a bit...contrived. I suppose the floors were partitioned into quarters to make the player to work their way around - I don't mind the working my way through part. But I can't think of any apartment that has their first floor partitioned that way - thus the contrived comment. It's not like it really affects the playability of the game - not at all. But it doesn't seem as realistic or natural as some of the other buildings. (If that makes sense?) I just wanted to point that out as a place for improvement. Hope I don't sound too critical.

I've been enjoying the hack so far, and I really like the city set-up. Looking forward to the rest. Keep up the awesome work!

Old May 19th, 2014 (12:09 AM).

Their website is functioning again! Yay~!
Heads up for anyone having difficulty before downloading, etc.

Old May 19th, 2014 (06:42 PM).

Amethyst, how are you able to accept donations on this? Doesn't this violate law stuff and get nintendo to come after you?
Old May 19th, 2014 (10:04 PM).

Well for anyone having trouble with Luna's DDing tyranitar us a pokemon with trick room to cancel the effects of it out and have a pokemon with intimidiate or you could go my path and use bulk up 6 on my blaziken in the fight with bisharp and continue to sweep
Old May 19th, 2014 (10:27 PM).
Crystaline

My word I am terrible at keeping up here. I have a lot to respond to.

First thing's first though, our site was down for the past couple weeks because we had to upgrade hosting plans to account for traffic. We're still getting all the details ironed out so it's a little shakey right now, but for the most part the site is back. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Quote originally posted by abdi987:
Cool i have been wondering
What inspired you to make the server and this game
Basically I had a friend and I wanted to make a league challenge for him. He and I had a fall out, so I decided to open that challenge to everyone else, and it grew quickly. Then someone started thinking about "what would the reborn league look like if it were a region" and they drew a map, and I decided I could do better, so I drew a bigger map (linked on the first page). Then someone decided they would make a game based on that map, and, again, I decided I could do it better. So I did.
Basically it's just me showing various people up. :D

Quote originally posted by abdi987:
oh yeah to make florinia harder give her the grass field that will make people scream
Two problems here:
1) Florinia's Field won't be grass. That's not the Desert Rose's style. c:
2) My goal isn't to make her, or any leader, really, harder, but to keep them challenging while giving more interesting ways to play around it. For instance, there's a field effect coming in Episode 12 that has three completely different gimmicks the player can try to abuse to win. Up to them what strategy they take.

Quote originally posted by cianomahony:
My screen has gone black... I can hear the sound, open all the menus and see grass move but nothing else.... Any solutions?
I'd advise redownloading it-- if those other files are all working, chances are something happened to the graphics so that they can't be opened properly.

Quote originally posted by kaimcc:
lol.On anothr note for some reason on my new game i cant us the salon again been a fews days and still cant use them if anyone else has noticed this plz let me know.Also can not use items like x.special x.atk
The X thing is known, sorry. The salon is not. Can anyone else confirm this? And was it the Central Salon or Glamazonia?

Quote originally posted by GaryFreakingOak:
This game looks so cool-I'd wager its the most exciting Essentials project out there, to me. Problem is, when I try to play it's incredibly laggy in the overworld. It's mostly fine in buildings, but when I'm outside...hoo boy.

I've never really had much of an issue with Essentials games in the past- just the other day I was playing through Pokemon Godra just fine and could even speedhack the game at ~250% without a hitch if I wanted. This game just doesn't want to run at a respectable framerate for me.

I guess what I'm wondering is there anything in particular that makes the overworld demanding in this specific project? More importantly, anything I could do on my end to smooth it out (tried running in compatibility mode already)? Or, is my computer just not up to snuff?
It's not your computer, it's an unfortunate side effect of RMXP's poor scalability. I've done what I can to reduce the lag but the world, especially the city, is just sooo big it can't hold all these processes.

Quote originally posted by northrone:
Amethyst, how are you able to accept donations on this? Doesn't this violate law stuff and get nintendo to come after you?
My understanding is that accepting donations to the site is just fine. People aren't paying for the game, but they can give to it and the community if they wish.
Old May 20th, 2014 (10:41 PM).

just noted the reason why numel is only available AFTER florinia it has an advantage to the first 4 gyms (yes i count corey as one) and even after it can still reliably beat Serra along with the fact that it leanrs flame burst magnitude before lvl 15 it will be smashing ♥♥♥♥ up
Old May 20th, 2014 (11:42 PM).

I'm playing what I think is the 11th episode, and the chrysolia forest won't let me through. If Ame or anyone else can tell me what I'm doing wrong, it would be a big help.

Old May 21st, 2014 (02:12 PM).

Quote originally posted by Hyper-Houndoom:
I'm playing what I think is the 11th episode, and the chrysolia forest won't let me through. If Ame or anyone else can tell me what I'm doing wrong, it would be a big help.

In the Chrysolia Forest, the trees and stuff actually teleport as you move to certain areas. Try exploring by moving in new circles or route combinations you have not tried before and you will realise that the terrain is indeed changing.
Old May 22nd, 2014 (10:30 PM).

Quote originally posted by Dban1:
In the Chrysolia Forest, the trees and stuff actually teleport as you move to certain areas. Try exploring by moving in new circles or route combinations you have not tried before and you will realise that the terrain is indeed changing.
Right, but no matter where I walk, the place at the northeast corner where I'm pretty sure the exit is supposed to be won't open.
Old May 24th, 2014 (06:44 PM).
Azure Trainer

Quote originally posted by Hyper-Houndoom:
Right, but no matter where I walk, the place at the northeast corner where I'm pretty sure the exit is supposed to be won't open.
Have you read the train journal first?
If not you must do that first.

Then on rainy (or windy. Forgot which one exactly) nights that path should be open.

Pokemon Raptor - Pokemon Island - Pokemon Rejuvenation - Pokemon Zeta/Omicron/Insurgence

Hacks I support:
Eccentric Emerald - Emerald Omega - Fire Red 251+ - Pokemon Liquid Crystal
Old May 26th, 2014 (11:14 AM).

Quote originally posted by nemesish:
Have you read the train journal first?
If not you must do that first.

Then on rainy (or windy. Forgot which one exactly) nights that path should be open.
The weather and time of day don't seem to be an issue. I got through on a clear day, mid-afternoon. Its seems that the circling path you make is what's important, I found an lp on youtube and just copied what that guy did.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)