The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:08 PM
Dragon-Tamer795

I could probably play it by ear if I really worked at it, but a .flp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

One thing I was thinking about a while ago- I have dialup for an internet connection, which is pretty useless. Needless to say, downloading new episodes has become rather difficult.

Could you have a download that contains just the new stuff rather than the whole thing for those who have the previous version?

And one more thing... Are there any other people from Reborn in Reborn?
...That is to say, is the entire population of Reborn City based upon members of your website, or is it just the gym leaders (and the graves)?

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old April 29th, 2013, 01:22 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

oh my god you still have dial up you poor thing... I- I didn't know people like you still--
...do... do you want a hug?

Let's see... The vast majority of the game's size is actually from all the music files. I suppose I could make a download that excludes them, or only includes new additions?

I'll send you a. flp when I get home.

Because we have a lot of members who wanted to be part of the game, understandably, I had to really restrict who I could put in. However, I did let people sign up to be trainers in the game. So, many of the casual NPC trainers you battle are based off of or created by the members (especially around Opal Bridge, though other places as well)
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:26 AM
yogambit
Unhatched Egg

Erm... i beat the 3rd gym and I played all the way up to where i got rocksmash and i dont have the badge... where do i get it???
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:33 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Oh, you'll get that badge from Shelly at some point, but you don't actually need Rock Smash to progress through the Stairway. If you haven't already rescued Victoria, keep looking!

Also, this was posted on my site, but I want people's opinions on it here, too:
Quote:
Earlier in the week I mentioned that I was going to put Episodes 8/9 together (i.e two gyms in one release)
I'm kinda reconsidering that
In either case, the episode 9 content is going to be somewhat shorter than a typical episode, so I figured I'd just lump it all together
On the other hand as I'm working on this, I realise I kinda enjoyed releasing the Apophyll arc in two separate parts. It also allows me to be more flexible with fixing things between them.

Would you guys rather have a shorter episode sooner or a longer episode with a longer wait time?
(Note, as far as updating, I realised that the music alone is 80% of the download's bulk so I can release update packs that will reduce game download size when updating to >50 MB, so the huge downloads shouldn't be so much of a consideration)
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:22 PM
metalhand

Nature: Relaxed
i'm beaten the tangrowth and then was invited to the gym at onyx ward, where is it?
also there is someway to get a map in the game?
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:44 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

I think your second question will help you answer the first, so-
You get the map almost immediately. Check your Pokegear c:
Old May 6th, 2013, 02:42 AM
metalhand

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
I think your second question will help you answer the first, so-
You get the map almost immediately. Check your Pokegear c:
oh i forgot about the pokegear XD

i'm now before the second gym and i would like to say my opinion about the game if you don't mind-
first of all i must mention the soundtrack, most of the time i really don't about this but in this game i really enjoy it and the enviroment its creating.
also game present at same time a traditional pokemon game but also unique one, unlike normal pokemon games the villians interesting and i enjoy the main characters(exept cain who make me feel uncomfortable ).
but one thing that annoys me is the level limitations-at once we need to get stronger but at same time its beacause after level XX we can't control them. luckily i was able to be strong enough and that my pokemon would listen to me, but i "survived" it just barely, really hope you can some to keep the balanced that we won't be overpowered but also won't be limited so much in training our pokemons.
i really hope you are okay with what i say and everything i wrote is understandale(because my english is still not so good).

and i have few questions-
1) i saw few pokemon(mime jr.,spoink, teddirosa),, when i talk to them they disappeared-i need to try to find them or something.
2) how pokemon who evolve by trading(haunter, magmar etc.) evolve in this game?
Old May 6th, 2013, 05:08 AM
JojoBloops
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
Oh, you'll get that badge from Shelly at some point, but you don't actually need Rock Smash to progress through the Stairway. If you haven't already rescued Victoria, keep looking!

Also, this was posted on my site, but I want people's opinions on it here, too:
If episode 9 is going to be so short.. I'd say lump em. I think it would also help you be able to get the level limits a bit more evened out, too, if you just released both of the gyms.
Old May 6th, 2013, 07:02 AM
Suchanut02

I found a game halting glitch.I am fighting through the school, and reach the quiz area and I answer the question related to Togakiss and I cant move or do any thing.Please help.
Old May 6th, 2013, 07:21 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Pokemon like Mime Jr and such are currently Roaming Pokemon after they flee from you. Think things like Raikou, Suicune, etc. They'll appear randomly in places around the city.
Except I'm changing that with the next episode because they never seem to appear ever.

There's an item to evolve traded Pokemon c:

Suchanut02-- Could you send me your save file please? Upload it somewhere like mediafire and send me the link. In order to find your save, use the instructions here:
http://www.poke-place.com/game/save.html
Old May 6th, 2013, 08:18 AM
Suchanut02

I need to post 13 more times here to send you the link.
Old May 6th, 2013, 02:38 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

If you don't mind, then just post it in this topic?
Old May 8th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Dragon-Tamer795

Just how short is Episode 9 going to be?
Anyway, I think you should do them seperately. That way, if you realise you've messed up with 8, there's only a short while until the next update. So you don't have to bother putting up patches.

Of course, lumping them together would probably be easier for you... Do what you think is best. It doesn't really affect me any more- 80% smaller downloads are going to be a cinch. Thanks for that!

In other news, the notation of the remix I'm doing is done, I just need to find some suitible instruments.

I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature.

GENERATION 28: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Old May 8th, 2013, 07:57 PM
frankiesay

Hi. So, I have played Reborn for a good while now and thought I would report back on how I've progressed with the game so far.

I think it is a highly polished, well produced and original interpretation on the Pokemon world. The city feels claustrophobic at times, which I feel is just part of the tone of the game and really works in your favour. But at times I do find the constant dull colours to be a bit boring. I understand that, again, it is where the game is set and it contributes to the tone and story... but still.

The variety of Pokemon is nice. The reinforcing of the fact that Pokemon are uncommon in Reborn really makes it feel rewarding when you find something good, so well done on that. In this respect it's a really good way of showing how good the craftmanship is on this game. I think that this also makes you feel more of an urge to collect Pokemon too, rather than catching those that you just want to train. You feel compelled to catch everything once.

Recently though, this urge has exhausted itself a bit for me personally. And so has my interest in the game. The way that the game balances dull grey city with forests/jungles/interchangable grassy wilderness is a bit bland at the moment. I believe there is a desert section coming up which will be a welcome change.

I have an issue with the levels as well. Overlevelling is an annoying problem. To compensate for that, I am raising multiple parties. Which is fine I guess, but a bit annoying when I am swapping thiings out when they seem to be progressing "too much".

I had a small break from this game recently but will probably swing back into it soon. But in a bid to end this on a positive: well done on crafting a very different and interesting experience. Your events have all been fun (I especially enjoyed the daycare couple imposters). Also congratulations on your glitch/bug count, as I believe I have found none so far.

So.. well done!
Old May 8th, 2013, 11:14 PM
metalhand

i'm now need to answer thw questions to enter the gym leader room, but when i'm pressing the number in my keyboard its not register in the game(and i checked my keyboard, its okay).
can you please help me?
Old May 9th, 2013, 09:28 AM
Suchanut02

Your need to use the arrow keys to scroll through the numbers.
Old May 10th, 2013, 06:47 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon-Tamer795 View Post
Just how short is Episode 9 going to be?
About as short as Episode 5 (i.e the amount of game play between Shelly and Shade's gyms)
But I've decided to expand the content a bit, so I will for sure be releasing them separately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankiesay View Post
colors catching pokemon area dispersal levels
Glad you're enjoying it on the whole!
In regards to colours, yeah, that's definitely intentional. Something I've noticed in my... almost ten years of working on games as a hobby is that I actually tend to use more vivid colours than other developers. Just in this case, the colours of all the early areas are pretty much just... the black industrial city....... yes. that. Once you get into Apophyll and the Wasteland, I think you might see a bit more of my visual flare. ;
I'm finding myself consistently toning down wild encounter rates in the foresty areas for that reason. We'll see. This is a WIP progress after all. I do agree 2-3 plant areas in a row at the beginning was kind of eeeh, but I think it's worked out. With the level cap, that's also open to change as things go on. I'll be adjusting the curve of the game once it's complete as well. Ideally, I want to end at level 100, I just don't want to risk hitting that part too early, so I'm playing it low for now. Bear with me!

Anyway, speaking of more colors, getting screens for the next episode in here finally!

Awwh, now isn't this a cute little town you have here! It would be shame if something were to--

...wait what
Old May 10th, 2013, 07:11 PM
Saving Raven
Original Creator of Pokémon X

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Skype™ to Saving Raven
well thats a bad thing to do to a nice looking town O: are they stealing trees for themselves now? and planting them on their roofs? hahaha, thats peculiar, but as a comment on it, i think you should make it a little different on the bottom, having it be a darker shade of green on what would be the roof just looks a little off, personally i'd make it something different but you've got some nice little teasers here ^ ^

~My Deviantart - Litharreon Wiki - Litharreon Game Download~
Old May 12th, 2013, 04:00 PM
archclan
Unhatched Egg

Hi there I played a couple hours but im having this problem in the mysterious factory where u team battle with team meteor. it saves my game but everytime i fight any of them it gives me "script is too long" and shuts down the game :/ any help?
Attached Thumbnails
error2.PNG‎  
Old May 12th, 2013, 06:00 PM
Wildlian

Nature: Lax
I downloaded the game but when I extract the files I get an error
Old May 13th, 2013, 10:01 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by archclan View Post
Hi there I played a couple hours but im having this problem in the mysterious factory where u team battle with team meteor. it saves my game but everytime i fight any of them it gives me "script is too long" and shuts down the game :/ any help?
From my FAQ:
Quote:
Almost always, this happens as a result of someone using the animated sprites when their computer can't quite handle it.
If you are indeed getting this error using the animated sprites, you have a couple options:
1) If it is only a specific Pokemon that causes the hang, go into Pokemon Reborn/Graphics/Battlers find that Pokemon's animated file, and delete it. This will revert to the static sprite for that Pokemon only.
2) Revert to using the static sprites for the game over all. This is the all-inclusive fix for this problem if it happens a lot.
Let me know if that isn't the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildlian View Post
I downloaded the game but when I extract the files I get an error
Sounds like it probably didn't download all the way.:I If the download's incomplete, it'll do that. Maybe try again?
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:26 PM
Wildlian

I still got the error. :/
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:34 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
Post the error...A million things could go wrong and we can't just guess what your issue is.

Old May 13th, 2013, 02:43 PM
Wildlian

This is the error I got: PokemonReborn .zip: The archive is either in unknown format or damaged
Old May 13th, 2013, 02:51 PM
Pia Carrot
Gen II Hacker | PHO Enthusiast

Nature: Adamant
1) Redownload it
2) Try using Winrar, or if that isn't working, 7zip.

The file should be a fair size when downloading. If it finishes fairly early then something went wrong.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links