The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Wildlian

Nature: Lax
It seems to finish downloading early.
Old May 13th, 2013, 04:36 PM
Pia Carrot
Owner of Desu Soft

Nature: Adamant
It's either your bandwidth or the server the file is being downloaded from. Make sure its the only thing you're downloading, so stop any torrents or other downloads for the time being.

If that's not the issue, then the game needs to be re-uploaded somewhere you can download it.

Old May 14th, 2013, 11:22 AM
MontyBellum
Unhatched Egg

Location: Bounce Around. Oh the life of an out of state college student.
Nature: Quirky
I am also having a problem downloading. It finishes early and then when I try to extract the folder it tells me that it is invalid. 2.49 MB is all that it downloads and I have nothing else downloading on my computer and the internet at my house is fairly good and has never given me a problem on here before.
Old May 14th, 2013, 11:33 AM
Pia Carrot
Owner of Desu Soft

Nature: Adamant
I'm downloading it now and will mirror it to Mediafire.

EDIT: I stop at about 6.3MB. It definitely is not you guys.

@OP, I suggest you mirror this on some file sharing sites, I recommend Mega and Mediafire.

Old May 16th, 2013, 07:11 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

I'll go ahead and put up a mirror for the next release (which is pretty soon. c: )
I dunno why our host would be having trouble though, we've got unlimited space/bandwidth, but they may have just been having trouble recently? idk. I'll see if I can find anything that's up with it.
Old May 17th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmethystRain View Post
I'll go ahead and put up a mirror for the next release (which is pretty soon. c: )
I dunno why our host would be having trouble though, we've got unlimited space/bandwidth, but they may have just been having trouble recently? idk. I'll see if I can find anything that's up with it.
Quote:
(which is pretty soon. c: )
Quote:
(which is pretty soon. c: )
Quote:
pretty soon
Quote:
soon

Yay! I can't wait for it!!
(But I thought you said in an old post that the next release will be during July or is my memory playing Tricks to me again? -.-)
Old May 17th, 2013, 11:37 AM
MontyBellum
Unhatched Egg

I'm really loving this game and enjoying the dialogue. I happened upon a shiny Trubbish and caught it so I am very happy that you've included shiny Pokemon into the game!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:05 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Kura- That'd be your memory o-o That's way too long.

And in fact, don't look now, but the first post is updated with Episode 8. c:
Old May 22nd, 2013, 07:13 PM
tvoza2
Armored Skarmory

Nature: Bold
Any chance of giving the allied trainers in double battles more than one pokemon? Cause my rivals Pignite is useless against Eclipse and Aster's team.(Under the Great Staircase Battle)
Old May 22nd, 2013, 08:30 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

If you check the patch notes for the newest episode- Already done!
Old May 22nd, 2013, 10:29 PM
ligerre

the game freeze after I "recused" chattlote
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:38 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Can anyone else confirm that? I've had problems with that area during the beta but not at that particular moment, and those errors were rather annoying because they had the distinction of showing up only for people who were not me or anyone I'd had helped patch.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 09:33 AM
cianomahony

The freezing happened here too. As soon as Charlotte stands next to Cain, you can't move or pause. The music still plays though..
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:06 AM
MontyBellum
Unhatched Egg

I'm afraid I might do this wrong, so how do you merge the game folders together to update?
Old May 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Okay, regarding the freeze around Charlotte, it's just a temporary fix, but one of the users on my forum said he was able to fix it just by leaving and reentering the building before that scene. I dunno -why- that would work, but it has for a couple others who tried it.

I'll see if I can patch up the download when I get home tonight.

Monty-So you should have one Pokemon Reborn Folder from Episode 7 and one you just downloaded-, just drag the contents of the new one into the old one,and choose to overwrite ALL the things
Old May 23rd, 2013, 01:19 PM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

I am wondering if it is possible to get an Up-Grade in the current release.
Old May 23rd, 2013, 06:14 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Downloads should be patched, sorry about that.
I haven't stuck an upgrade anywhere yet, seeing as how I only just added an additional Link Stone, but I think we can get one soon.
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:05 AM
ligerre

where is the second linkstone?
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:21 AM
nakagg
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Lonely
This looks promising, I will give it a try and send you a feed back ASAP
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:05 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

@ligerre, the 2nd Link Stone is hidden at the start of the new area.
I don't think you'll answer this question, but I'll ask it anyway. xD Does it matter to choose wether to fight the Doctor or Sirius? I mean does it unlock a diffenrent content depending on which one I fight?
Also, as suggestion, since Sirius and Doctor are really tough opponents, especially Sirius, and most of us use Strength HM only thourought an HM slave, we're kinda forced to bring the HM slave to these battles. :/ Wouldn't be good to put a PC inside Yureyu HQ's building?

Anyway, reporting:
1) I, too, had the freeze with Charlotte and leaving the building before that event fixed the issue indeed.
2) Some Pokémon's sprites are not correctly positioned and/or have the "levitating shadow" such as Boldore, Gurdurr, Grovyle, Lanturn, ... (See the picture below - I am using the normal sprites version)

3) Some moves such as Dig and Softboiled have no animation.
4) Work Up apparently can miss. (The Pokémon who used it had Hustle but Status move that are used on self shouldn't miss no matter what I think.)
5) I got stuck here after pushing the rock there, I was still able to open the Menu, rid on the Bike, ... but not able to move:
6) 2 tiles that don't display correctly:
7) Some movement permission issues:

Last edited by Kurapika; May 24th, 2013 at 02:07 AM.
Old May 24th, 2013, 01:32 AM
ligerre

yeah, i have problem with HM slave in battle too. But the doctor is not that hard to me, nothing a good old blaziken cant handle. Anyway, how can I evovle magneon to magnezone now? The forest and the city is creepy, thing randomly poof around like in Distortion World
Old May 24th, 2013, 09:01 AM
cianomahony

Is the magmarizer available yet? I have a machoke and a magmar and I'm debating using the linkstone now..
Old May 24th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Kurapika
Grudgebearer

@cianomahony, in case you didn't find it already, there is a Link Stone hidden in the new area.
As of the Magmarizer, I bet that it is not available yet.
Old May 24th, 2013, 11:10 AM
cianomahony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
@cianomahony, in case you didn't find it already, there is a Link Stone hidden in the new area.
As of the Magmarizer, I bet that it is not available yet.
I know, I found it, but I'd already used one on kadabra... I'm just really greedy
Old May 24th, 2013, 12:15 PM
AmethystRain
Crystaline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapika View Post
Does it matter to choose wether to fight the Doctor or Sirius? I mean does it unlock a diffenrent content depending on which one I fight?
Maybe a little bit c:
Quote:
Also, as suggestion, since Sirius and Doctor are really tough opponents, especially Sirius, and most of us use Strength HM only thourought an HM slave, we're kinda forced to bring the HM slave to these battles. :/ Wouldn't be good to put a PC inside Yureyu HQ's building?
I'll... consider it. However, Sirius is supposed to be the significantly harder of the two being that he is, in a way, optional, so I'm not sure. I'd probably sooner tweak the battles than put in a PC though, because that doesn't quite make thematic sense to me.
Quote:
Anyway, reporting:
1) I, too, had the freeze with Charlotte and leaving the building before that event fixed the issue indeed.
Hopefully that'll be done with the fixed downloads (but if you've passed that part, no need to redownload)
Quote:
2) Some Pokémon's sprites are not correctly positioned and/or have the "levitating shadow" such as Boldore, Gurdurr, Grovyle, Lanturn, ... (See the picture below - I am using the normal sprites version)
I know some sprites have issues but managing different files between animated and static make that nearly impossible to calibrate both accurately. I intend to look at this adter 6th gen and when I know if I'll have sprites for the new Pokemon
Quote:
3) Some moves such as Dig and Softboiled have no animation.
Most moves have no animarion; that's still underway, although I should probably notate that somewhere
Quote:
4) Work Up apparently can miss. (The Pokémon who used it had Hustle but Status move that are used on self shouldn't miss no matter what I think.)
I'll report that, thanks
Quote:
5) I got stuck here after pushing the rock there, I was still able to open the Menu, rid on the Bike, ... but not able to move:
damn hooligan pushing rocks up stairs
I'll make sure to do something about that though
Quote:
6) 2 tiles that don't display correctly:
7) Some movement permission issues:
Noted to fix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ligerre View Post
Anyway, how can I evovle magneon to magnezone now?
It's noted in the Readme, but you can just level it up inside the old Abandoned Power Plant
For now, I might change that later since that's awkwardly where you catch Magnemite, but it's the only really electricky place, so.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cianomahony View Post
Is the magmarizer available yet? I have a machoke and a magmar and I'm debating using the linkstone now..
Not yet, I'm afraid; Kura is right. I should get on these evolution items though, huh.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links