The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central

Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Old October 13th, 2012 (08:12 PM).
Greenbeans
Guardian of Le Foret
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
I nickname select pokemon. Or i dont nickname them at all. I need to start naming them more

3DS Name: Jericho 3DS Friend Code: 3995 - 6761 - 1080 Old Username: Jerichob10
Old October 13th, 2012 (11:55 PM).
Tranca
Monolith

Nature: Modest
I only nickname shiny pokemon - but I only have one of those as of now.
Old October 14th, 2012 (12:38 AM).
Ice Car
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Jolly
I always, ALWAYS, have to nickname EVERYTHING I catch. Everything. Even if the only idea I have is a really ****** one, I just MUST have a nickname for it.
Old October 14th, 2012 (03:10 PM).
LividZephyr
Oxymoron, not a moron, thanks

Send a message via AIM to LividZephyr Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to LividZephyr
People don't nickname their Pokemon? Wow.

I say that every time I hear about this. Seriously... nicknaming your Pokemon makes them your colleagues and gives them an identity, as opposed to just a species. Would you like it if someone always called you "HUMAN" or "PERSON" or "HOMO SAPIEN" or something like that? Would you name your fish "FISH" or your dog "DOG" or cat "CAT" etc.?

Of course your Pokemon need a name. That's why you have to nickname them.
Old October 14th, 2012 (04:18 PM).
Olli
I wanna see you be brave
Community Supporter

If I feel like a Pokemon reminds me of, or can somehow be linked to them, I often nickname my Pokemon after some of the people I know here on PC, although otherwise I don't really nickname my Pokemon. When I eventually do it where it's not related to PC, it's just something generic because I just want to give it a nickname, like naming Tepig "Piglet" lol. So yeah, it's kinda half-half about nicknames.
Old October 14th, 2012 (04:22 PM).
PokeRaidenFighter350Z
Battle Subway Editor

Nature: Careful
I sometimes nickname my Pokemon due to their type, gender or something.
I named my female Lucario "Lucia" like the fighter Lucia from the SNES game, Final Fight 3.
I also nicknamed my female Luxray "Thundra."

All forum members BEWARE..!
Credits to Xulek
Old October 14th, 2012 (06:32 PM).
Alex
a Sky High Pokémon
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to Alex
Sometimes I give a nickname a lot of thought, but other times I just give it a generically funny name - like a Typhlosion named Flareburst with a Mightyena named Fito lol.

I always case my nicknames to match the style of the generation. Like with Gen I-III Pokémon they'll be named in all caps, but in Gen IV and V they'll be title case. Its a quirk of mine ;).
The Republic of Rome enjoyed only a brief existence thanks to your inept leadership. Rome has become a punching bag for every two-bit tribe in Italy. Once again we pay tribute to the Etruscans. Report to the chariot stable for duty as a wheel rim.
Old October 14th, 2012 (06:58 PM).
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
Usually it feels randomly generated when it comes to nicknaming my Pokemon which I tend to do to the ones I plan to use.

Sometimes I give them nicknames based off their possible origin, what they look like, the species they might be based off of, etc. Sometimes I name them after usernames of friends I know. Sometimes I just name them sex names just for the heck of it (I know, I'm so mature aren't I :3)

But Nicknames kind of give that interaction between you and Pokemon and it makes it kind of feel like your own special character that you developed. Nicknaming is just part of the fun.

Video game related top tens anyone?
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links