The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Old September 12th, 2012, 06:51 PM
Candaceaboo
Misty Lover

Nature: Sassy
Hello, Candaceaboo here to share some art. Some are drawn, some are digital. I will be updating daily, so don't miss out. Please give your thoughts and critique.

Misty (from Pokemon)

Veronica (My friend's OC)

Gwen Tennyson (from Ben 10)

There will be more soon, don't forget to give thoughts and critique!
Old September 13th, 2012, 08:30 PM
revere
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Nice artwork, I really admire those. There's something about those that is just so......alluring. Just one thing, I do think Gwen's hair is a bit too long.

Last edited by revere; September 14th, 2012 at 07:18 AM.
Old September 17th, 2012, 04:01 PM
TheLeetCasualGamer
Hi, I'm strange :3

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to TheLeetCasualGamer Send a message via Skype™ to TheLeetCasualGamer
To properly critique the artwork, I'm not really that familiar with the cellular shading style.

I have to say for the most part, the anatomy of the drawings are pretty good. Though I would be a little careful with some things. Looking at the hand of the Veronica picture in particular. The one in front looks large and a little awkward.

The light source also doesn't seem to be as well defined in the drawings as it should, though it might just be some unknown style I don't know of. But I might also suggest adding in more colors and variety to the overall drawings.

And also I might suggest trying different things with you're backgrounds and poses to leave more of an impact towards the viewers. You don't really have to leave the genre you're drawing, but try different things to find a sense of style somewhere.

Hope that helped

Video game related top tens anyone?
Old September 17th, 2012, 09:42 PM
windy_leo
Unhatched Egg

I don't like her eyes so much, it looks abormal ><'
Anyway, u did a great job, try hard (>v<)b

Last edited by windy_leo; September 18th, 2012 at 04:42 AM.
Old September 18th, 2012, 02:12 PM
Anastasia.R
Time Gear Thief

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Anastasia.R Send a message via Skype™ to Anastasia.R
Hi there! Nice to see some work, they look nice!

I agree with TheLeetCasualGamer about the light source, it's not defined well in the drawings. The light source should be easy to find. Also, playing around with colors and layer settings never hurt. Experimenting with colors and shading is fun to try and it helps improve your skills.

Okay, the anatomy seems alright. The heads are a bit big, but that can change soon. I have point out that the eyes are never the same size. O..o Well, the last picture seems to have the same shape and size of the eyes. Whether the head is tilted or not, the eyes should have somewhat the same size and position. Usually the placement of the eyes can be determined in your sketch because there's guidelines on the face to place facial parts on.

Overall, you make some nice drawings and I hope you found my post useful to you!
Old October 2nd, 2012, 09:58 AM
Candaceaboo
Misty Lover

Nature: Sassy
Thanks, everyone, I took your criticism into account!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links